1318 East Union Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantzoe.com/
- Phone: 2062562060x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Staples
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: http://feedcocatering.com/
Contact our catering manager Paula Snow directly at (206) 226-2010.
- Private Party Facilities: At Restaurant Zoe, we have several private dining options. Parties can be hosted in Restaurant Zoe, either in a 22 seat semi-private banquette area, a 36 seat heated year round patio. There is also the option to do a 40 seated/50 standing event in the 10 Degrees Dance Studio/Oola Distillery space that we are now located in.
- Private Party Contact: Paula Snow 2062262010x
A word from Restaurant Zoe
Restaurant Zoe is a favorite destination for locals and visitors alike. Located on the corner of 14th and Union St on Capitol Hill, Restaurant Zoe's lively urban setting provides the backdrop for Chef Scott Staple's seasonally crafted, produce-driven fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Restaurant Zoe - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Restaurant Zoe reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (33)romantic (29)notable wine list (17)good for groups (15)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A Feast For The Senses!VInceandSandyDined on 1/19/2014We had such an amazing time at Restaurant Zoe. We had heard from a few friends how amazing the food was, so we had to try it for ourselves. We chose the tasting menu and we were not disappointed. From oysters to steak tartar, each item we had was delicious. Just when we thought there might not be another dish, they brought out the strip steak. Holy… it was so tender and bursting with flavor. Thank you Restaurant Zoe for helping us have a night away from our kids…. the food was truly heavenly. :)Special Features:
- Special findBrendaDined on 1/17/2014We were looking for a new place to celebrate our 28th anniversary and happened onto Restaurant Zoe via Open Table. It proved an excellent spot - the menu was interesting and varied without being overwhelming, the food was truly delicious, good portions, nice presentation, etc. Our service was exceptional. Ryan, our server, was attentive and efficient, and he always seemed to give us just the right amount of time. We weren't rushed from cocktail to wine, or from appetizer to main course or to the final check. He provided small, nearly invisible extra touches throughout the evening that made our dining experience memorable. The restaurant has a nice ambiance and a friendly atmosphere. We will definitely return and bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2014I took a dear friend here for her birthday dinner. We both loved it! The ambiance is a terrific balance of hip, yet warm and comfy. The service was warm, attentive and professional. We shared everything and averything we ate was delicious. The pork chop was amazing. The gundi was a stand out too. I also really liked that they had a nice selection of 1/2 bottles of wine--and the wine list is great too! I would highly recommend Restaurant Zoe!!Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Restaurant Zoe. Each of the dishes was delicious with interesting combinations of flavors and textures. Some might find their approach to unusual foods pretentious, but my family really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for girlfriendsZeeZeeDined on 1/10/2014I was having dinner with a girlfriend and they were great about our sharing a dish - made it super easy by dividing it in the kitchen. I often find that with women friends we want to split meals and some places make a fuss about it - Zoe is great! Also love that the water comes with no ice. It was expensive but worth it. I wish they had a happy hour menu with wine a bit cheaper than just $1 less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a flawqueenieDined on 1/7/2014Superb food that is imaginative without being cute. Service quiet and efficient. Pleasant atmosphere--the "place" does not intrude...this is a venue for FOOD and aren't we glad of that! And all that for reasonable prices. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- another great mealmel2VIPDined on 1/4/2014We had another wonderful, interesting meal. I love the ambiance and it is a reliable place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but High Noise LevelblueeyesDined on 1/3/2014Food choices were excellent but could not enjoy conversation with companions due to high noise level.. 3 out of 4 were served entries on time and 1 was left to wait 10 minutes additionally to be served. Restaurant took price of late entry off bill, which was fair but the experience left something to be desired.Special Features:
- yummDASHDined on 12/31/2013Are here on New Years Eve with a prefix 3course menu. Pastas were perfectly cooked and unique flavors. Entrées were appropriate portions- some menu selections had sold out by our 10pm reservation. Desert was delicious - our favorite was the chocolate torte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2013We loved the tasting menu at Zoe - great food and variety and they were able to accommodate food allergies. Excellent and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I miss the old ZoeExpatfoodieDined on 12/28/2013I had great memories of the old Zoe downtown, the creativity and freshness of the food and the smooth, elegant experience, and regret to say I was disappointed in its Capitol Hill reincarnation. Our party of four ordered a la carte (as opposed to the tasting menu). Coq au vin was good but unmemorable, which was also the view of the two others who had different dishes, and there were few non-meat choices. Nice wine list and friendly, enthusiastic wine server, but otherwise the service was so-so. Very noisy despite not being full.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful staffAlexDined on 12/19/2013I'm going to start with my only negative thought: There isn't that much vegetarian food available. A few appetizers and sides and one entree. I also don't like mushrooms, which presents an interesting challenge at nicer restaurants, because the veggie option is always a large mushroom with cream on it. But! The chef was willing to make a customized version of the risotto, and it was amazing. Based around that I was able to assemble a meal of several delightful pieces and left well fed. Everything else I could say about this place is that it's brilliant. The ambiance is very pleasant for a date, and the waitstaff was extremely attentive and talked me through my probably-annoying food wants. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:
- tasting menu worth every pennyFrizzVIPDined on 12/19/2013We've lived in the neighborhood for nine months but had never been to Restaurant Zoe. That was a mistake. The food here was absolutely divine. We had the tasting menu, and at $55 per diner, we felt like it was a steal. - "bonus" oyster - ricotta dumplings with mushrooms - pork belly with brussels sprouts - clams with roasted octopus - duck breast - dessert The desserts weren't as amazing as the rest of the courses, but it was a pleasure to dine here. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Just rightSixStringDined on 12/9/2013On a Monday night, it was quiet, servers were polite and unobtrusive. All the food was quite tasty. Just enough for all of us. The lamb shank on bone was just delicious and a generous serving. The appetizer and desert were delicious although the servings were small. Some people with bigger appetites may want more but fine for us.Special Features:
- The honey crisp salad wasCheerDined on 11/30/2013The honey crisp salad was divine. Thoughtful menu. Excellent oysters. Fine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Good CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2013I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Seattle. The food is excellent. I had the Cod large plate which was prepared to perfection. Don't forget the dessert - apple crumble was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Tasty FoodKeikoDined on 11/25/2013The service was great. They checked in with us frequently and at just the right times. After bringing drinks, appetizers, entrees, desserts, they gave us time to taste it and experience it before they came and checked on us. The server was also great a recommending good paired wines. And he was kind enough to give me a little extra foccacia bread to take home. Food was delicious. Just the right flavors and textures. The cheese plate was great! The triple cream brie was the softest, creamiest brie I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2013The restaurant has been on my list of places I must try. I was not let down. The menu had just the right number of options. The food was delicious and I loved the look and feel. We had a wonderfult waiter who provided excellent service. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuMoodyDined on 11/21/2013A small but powerful menu with an awesome selection of wines. Great service and attention to detail.Special Features:
- Great food and not too priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/11/2013I highly recommend the pork belly and the sage Margaritas!Special Features:
- Loved it!BelomorVIPDined on 11/10/2013Great food, very attentive services, loved it, highly recommend, thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2013I booked a reservation at ZOE to celebrate my girlfriend's 40th birthday dinner. This was our first time dining there and everything was perfect. I let the restaurant know ahead of time that we were celebrating and they seated us at a quiet table near the window. Our server, Ryan, was friendly and very knowledgable and helpful in assisting us with dining options. Our absolute favorite dish was the gnudi balls. For dessert, a cardamom carrot cake with passion fruit mousse was brought out with a candle. It was the perfect evening and I know my girlfriend was surprised! We loved Zoe and hope to return on our next trip to Seattle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Everything about Zoe was outstanding but it was pricey. Dinner for two with drinks, etc. and one dessert split between us was close to $200.Special Features:
- Delicious food; great serviceenjoyableVIPDined on 10/27/2013Everything about about our anniversary meal was terrific. The service was superb and the food was tasty. Would definitely go again.
- Besides having made a reservationRosieDined on 10/23/2013Besides having made a reservation a week in advance and being seated 45 minutes after reservation time, I enjoyed my dinner at Zoe. Because we were seated so late, they gave us a complimentary appetizer which was nice of them and delicious. Cocktails were on point, and the food was excellent. Our service did last longer than I expected. We left 3 hours after we arrived. I'm not trying to wolf down my food, but I also don't need to have a drawn out dinner. Would recommend the macaroon dessert. holy moly. Enough for a table for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best serviceKlockardDined on 10/23/2013Some friends and I went into Restaurant Zoe for Resaurant week and found ourselves a great little gem! We we're early to our 8:30 reservation, but it was very busy due to the restaurant week so we knew there would be a wait. They Unfortunetly couldn't seat us til 9:00.The host was on top of keeping us posted and offering beverages (never felt bad about waiting). Then we were seated the offered a complimentary glass of bubbly for our group of 4. Very unexpected and appreciated! The service from there was incredible. The food was to dye for! Try the beet and gundi salad if it's available! Some of the best desserts in town! Can't say enough good things about restraunt Zoe. We will be suggesting it to all our friends!Special Features:
- YumHappytodineDined on 10/23/2013The food was excellent and the service was exquisite - perfect but not overly done or intrusive. It was a fabulous experience. Parking in the area is impossible but the restaurant web site said parking was available at the apartment complex across the street and it couldn't have been any more convenient or inexpensive considering the parking fees in most downtown lots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Seattle's finest!!!MMMPMVIPDined on 10/22/2013We aren't from Seattle, but spend months at a time in the city, as it's a favorite--almost a second home. WE LOVE Restaurant Zoe!! From starters to desserts, every item we've ever ordered is prepared to perfection. My husband and I both ordered the same salad and entree recently--a sliced apple, traviso, frisée and Stilton salad dressed with a honey vinaigrette. Delicious, fresh ly crisp, light and elegant simultaneously!!! Then crispy, juicy moist chicken breast, accompanied by a cabbage-wrapped roll of chicken sausage and mashed potatoes--subtle, yet mouth-wateringly wonderful! Dessert was a decadent oversized French macaroni, filled with lemon gelato, rolled in pistachio crumbs. OMG is all I can say!!! We can't WAIT to return to RZ!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great restaurantBadKittyVIPDined on 10/22/2013I used to frequent the Belltown location but I haven't been to the Cap Hill location till now. I can't believe I missed out on this place for so long. Same fabulous food, great service and ambience. I love the new location a lot better than Belltown too. Such a wonderful restaurant after all these years...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divine.jeskwDined on 10/21/2013every single element was executed with intention and craft. loved our food, the service, and the ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeWendsDined on 10/21/2013My friends and I had a great time at Zoe. The food was amazing and the decor was just my style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "bit" bummedPinkPeppercornDined on 10/18/2013The food was wonderful but there was literally 6 bites on my plate. As a regular diner I am all for small plates allowing one to try a few things. Unfortunately, the food wasn't illustrated as a small bit on the menu, nor did the server call it out. I ordered the celeriac soup which was tasty (would have chopped the hazelnuts so they didn't over power the softness of the soup) but it was less then even a scoop (only filled 1/4 of the big bowl) which would have been okay if my my main had been sized as a main. I ordered the gnocchi and there were literally 6 little pillows the size of an almond. Everyone laughed when they saw my plate. Wish the server had warned me so I could have ordered more to accompany it. Just call it a small plate.Special Features:
- delicious for a celebrationseattleadventuresDined on 10/17/2013i had heard from friends about restaurant zoe when it was in belltown. it had great ratings on yelp, so i decided to make an opentable reservation the night before for a special celebration w/my husband. we were met with a smile and all the waitstaff were so friendly and ninja-quick (i wouldn't even realize something was refilled/gone/arrived). the food was A M A Z I N G - the combinations of flavors were beyond my imagination and everything was perfect for the season. i'm so glad we went and i look forward to going back again and again. OH and to my surprise.. they were part of restaurant week - we lucked out with an amazing 3 course meal at a fantastic price (portions same size as always our waiter informed us!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attention to detail.crest013Dined on 10/16/2013Great attention to detail. The cocktails were craft and made from scratch. Best cheese plate in the city. Overall: Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchARosencrantzDined on 10/15/2013Overall the food was very good, certainly takes on a "Fine-dining" appeal in a not-so-stuffy atmosphere. Probably the highlight of the evening was the service and attention to detail not expected at a place such as Restaurant Zoë. While there was a complication with the timing in getting our entrée's the problem was identified, we were notified, and all was made right.Special Features:
- Americana deliciousnessJuniverseDined on 10/5/2013What a charming restaurant. Don't be fooled by the "simple" menu. You will be wowed with the caliber and quality of food. The mussels were super delicious and the beets were divine. In ordered the pork chops on a lark, and I was blown away by it. Hands down the best cooked pork chop I have ever had. It was tender, moist and absolutely perfect. My husband had the hamburger and it was fantastic. We finished with the the grand torte. Wonderful service and amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with out of town friendsNewbiesDined on 10/4/2013Went with out of town friends as their choice. Noise level a bit higher than preferred. Service was very good and waiter helped me find a great beer from choices available. Friends more "foodies" than we but all of us really liked the roasted cauliflower side dish.Special Features:
- Date Night with HubbydinendateDined on 9/28/2013I purchased a gift certificate for Restaurant Zoe on the recommendation of a friend. I was not disappointed. The room was simply decorated yet had a romantic feel to it. The staff was very friendly the minute we walked in the door and continued to be so throughout the entire evening. The service was impeccable. The server was not intrusive, allowed plenty of time between courses - but not so much you felt they forgot you. The food was amazing! Everything was cooked to perfection. Although we do not in any way consider ourselves "Foodies" the food was unique enough to challenge our normally boring eating habits, yet not so far out there that didn't enjoy the uniqueness. Great restaurant, great food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Evening Delight at ZoeFarm2tableZoeDined on 9/22/2013Visiting Seattle to help move-in my good friends son at Seattle U. Wanted something new and different. One of the "sites". Yelp? Had this restaurant as the first listing. We compared it to a few others and thought it sounded the most interesting. We had a fabulous evening. The ambiance is hip and wonderful, the waitstaff quite thoughtful and the food was de-licious!! A each dish excited our taste buds with incredible favors. I look forward to my next visit to Restaurant Zoe :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spottendervittlesDined on 9/17/2013Zoe became a staple after my first visit. Excellent food and very knowledgeable waitstaff and bar staff. A treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.