1318 East Union Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantzoe.com/
- Phone: 2062562060x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Staples
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: http://feedcocatering.com/
Contact our catering manager Paula Snow directly at (206) 226-2010.
- Private Party Facilities: At Restaurant Zoe, we have several private dining options. Parties can be hosted in Restaurant Zoe, either in a 22 seat semi-private banquette area, a 36 seat heated year round patio. There is also the option to do a 40 seated/50 standing event in the 10 Degrees Dance Studio/Oola Distillery space that we are now located in.
- Private Party Contact: Paula Snow 2062262010x
A word from Restaurant Zoe
Restaurant Zoe is a favorite destination for locals and visitors alike. Located on the corner of 14th and Union St on Capitol Hill, Restaurant Zoe's lively urban setting provides the backdrop for Chef Scott Staple's seasonally crafted, produce-driven fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Restaurant Zoe - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Restaurant Zoe reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (32)romantic (29)notable wine list (17)good for groups (14)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very good - could have been betterJohnDined on 4/26/2014Overall, we had a very nice meal. Service was slow - long wait between courses. The waiter was awkward and didn't stop by to ask about our food (which was excellent). The bus service was very good however and we always had full water glasses. A bit too noisy too in the atrium.Special Features:
- Wonder Variety At Zoe'sProfessorDined on 4/24/2014I met my two sons at Restaurant Zoe. The menu as usual was filled with choices we wanted. Two of us went with three smaller plate items including the boar pasta with sauce and the roasted cauliflower, sultanas, and pine nuts. Everything was excellent. They wine list was extraordinary and obviously put together with care. It could use a few more modestly priced bottles. We will be back at Zoe's many times.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014Fantastic service and food, we had a wonderful time!!!Special Features:
- WONDERFULDshawVIPDined on 4/19/2014It was my wife's birthday, which we kept quite, but what a wonderful evening. every dish was fantastic and we will be back again and again!!Special Features:
- Fabulous once you get thereNYEverydayDinerDined on 4/17/2014We were there for an earlier dinner. Traffic was heavy but parking was a nightmare. My date dropped me off after we had been "circling" the streets. Took him another 15min to find a spot. Food, presentation, and waitstaff were impeccable. For us it was a special occasion although for others just a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails, amazing service!AmandaDined on 4/16/2014Our server was a sweetheart and the set up in there is really great both for smaller, intimate things and larger groups. Our food was great, the service was quick and thorough. There's a cocktail on the menu called the "spring flowers" something or other, I ordered it and it probably came out less than 2 minutes later, and I could probably drink 18 of them without getting bored. So good. Also, the chicken they serve with the lentils made me like lentils when I used to kinda hate them, so there's that.Special Features:
- Spot On Meal at Restaurant ZoeAlisonDined on 4/14/2014My husband and I were just at Zoe during Restaurant Week. We had an excellent time and have zero complaints! Our server was delightful and prompt - she knew just when to check on us versus leave us alone. The timing of the courses was spot on, as well. We didn't feel rushed to complete our meal before the next course arrived. We had been to Zoe a few times before but this was our best experience. Since it was just the two of us it was nice that it was a bit of a romantic setting, but this would be a great location for a small group of friends or family, as well. Of course the food was excellent. We enjoyed the ricotta gnudi, pork tenderloin, chilled asparagus soup and half chicken, as well as the chocolate tart for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalTeeraceDined on 4/13/2014I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. The food was amazing, the service was impeccable, and the overall feeling of the restaurant was light and airy! One really impressive attribute was the server was intimately familiar with the ingredients of the dishes. We asked about a particular spice that we couldn't identify, and he had enough knowledge to help us isolate it. It was very impressive and complemented the exceptional quality of the food. I live in the neighborhood, so I am confident I will be back often. I have also passed along my experience to all of my coworkers and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but not pretentiousCindyVIPDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant walks a very nice line between special and casual, groovy and approachable. There are so many good places to eat in Seattle now; it's nice to find that a place with energy and atmosphere can serve delicious food without fuss. The special, the night we went, was one of the most memorable dishes I will ever eat--a hank of veal on the bone, melt-in-the-mouth tender, with a waft of truffle oil, bedded on celeric puree. Truly, it was one of a kind. Our server was outstanding, and all of the table help was attentive. Don't you love a place where your plates aren't swooped away too soon AND your water glass is kept full?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, over-priced wine.MittsterDined on 4/8/2014We had a lovely evening with friends and all enjoyed the food, the beer, the service and the ambiance. We also enjoyed the wine, but wow was it over-priced. For example, they had a Savignon Blanc that I really like and have recently bought for $17 retail. Zoe's price was $45. They also had a good Rioja that I have bought for $20, their price $48. Their cost should be about 60% of retail; that makes a 4x mark-up. Not cool. There are plenty of other restaurants on the Hill with more reasonable mark-ups on their wine.Special Features:
- Nice placeBonappetiteDined on 4/6/2014Met friends here for drinks and dinner during Dine around Seattle. They had a nice selection on the menu, as well as many dishes that were or could be made gluten free. Service was solid and we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GO HERE! Incredible food,OmNomNomDined on 4/4/2014GO HERE! Incredible food, excellent wine list, and outstanding service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Zoe has potentialwannabeDined on 4/2/2014The restaurant has some potential; the location is different and the setting is quaint. I guess I hoped for a bit more and maybe my expectations are too high. There was only one vegetarian option, one fish option so I guess the chef is trying to keep the menu managable. Just disappointing for someone from the NW where we have so much good fish to choose from. The risotto was flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistency at Restaurant ZoeeaterouterDined on 3/29/2014The new location of Restaurant Zoe in Capitol Hill is wonderful. It has a very cozy, relaxed neighborhood feeling to it, and it feels more spacious than their old location. We had wonderful service, and the menu offerings looked fantastic. We were, however, disappointed by the entrees. Of the four we tried, none was properly seasoned. The chicken, which our server said was delicious, was significantly undersalted and lacking in flavor. The risotto, on the other hand, was too salty and the flavor was unbalanced -- the sunchokes struck too strong a note. We wanted so much to like it as we had previously several times in the old location. But it was disappointing.
- Girls Night OutdxkissVIPDined on 3/29/2014Us girls like to try something new and we selected this restaurant based on reviews. Service was great, we were never neglected but were also left alone when we wanted more time. I like the menu of small plates and large plates as we like to share our food so we can get a better picture of the fare. I won't say I loved every dish, but it was more a personal preference rather than any oversight on their part. All the dishes were interesting and unique, but I'm not sure I ordered a dish that would be considered a "signature" dish that would make me remember it. They also have a full bar, but if you venture towards the typical dinner hour it could be a little noisy. We went early and it was perfect for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great experiencerichtVIPDined on 3/27/2014The food here is amazing. Flavorful, creative, and always some interesting surprises. The service is just right -- not over the top, and not spotty. It has a great vibe -- so good for romantic dinner or a place to meet friends.Special Features:
- Awesome Food!LMHSDined on 3/24/2014I went there with friends for Dine Around Seattle in March. All four of us were very satisified with the quality of food and services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trip to Capital HillsavorygourmetDined on 3/24/2014After finally realizing the R - rooster - Z stood for Restaurant Zoe and not a new spot called "Roz," i knew Zoe had not moved. Nice lighting in the evenings. Noise level fine in spite of high ceilings. A good assortment of fresh, seasonal dishes. We shared 4 small plates and had wines by the glass. All was tasty and well prepared.. Missed our old bartender, Tom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tasty dinners at ZoeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2014Even on their "dine around seattle" month menu, Zoe did not slouch, providing creative appetizers, entrees, and desserts for a great deal, as well. I've no doubt that I will come back again, as they've always exceeded my expectations.Special Features:
- Truly delightful!LorraineDined on 3/19/2014We celebrated a family birthday. The timing was perfect, our food came in gentle waves. When asked for pairings for certain plates our server was spot on and well educated. Food was beautifully plated and well prepared. I highly recommend the pork tenderloin, delicious does not begin to describe it. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in hip placeFoodie318Dined on 3/16/2014We enjoyed the Dine Around Seattle menu for dinner at Restaurant Zoe. We love the new location and vibe, and the food was great, as always. The whole place and food seemed a lot more approachable than when it was downtown, which was great for us. The service was great, too! Highly recommended for a romantic dinner, mom's night out, or a nice evening out with adults.Special Features:
- The side dishes were excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014The side dishes were excellent so thought the entree would be exceedingly delicious. We had the pork tenderloin and rockfish entrees. Honestly if you closed your eyes and took a bite, you would not know which dish you were eating. Very bland. The fish was over cooked. Not good and expensive. The cauliflower appy was awesome and the drinks were good and strong. We sat in the "outdoor" area, it seemed detached from the restaurant, and very loud from the rain.Special Features:
- The food here is fantastic,lippsDined on 3/14/2014The food here is fantastic, as well as the service. Portion sizes were just right. The food is on the expensive side but is totally worth it. The noise level may be a little loud if a lot of people are their. So maybe don't bring your grandparents there. Really nice service and a really good feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine around SeattleIronMaidenVIPDined on 3/13/2014Went with friends to check out the 3 courses for $30. We each had something different. All choices were excellent!! Soup, gnudi, and salad. Fish, chicken, pork!! Yummy rioja. Chocolate torte, semi freddo, and apricot layer cake. Coffee to finish off! Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely recommend!JCJCDined on 3/12/2014Service, food & ambiance were all wonderful. And the presentation was gorgeous. HIGHLY recommend the Honey Almond Semifreddo dessert...AMAZING! This was my first time there and I'll definitely be back. Loved everything about it. Great staff, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for dessertJosslimbusDined on 3/12/2014This restaurant has a lovely farm in the city vibe. The service is attentive with frequent bread and water refills. The food was good overall, but a little lacking in the details. The butternut soup was good but the pancetta topping tasted like bacon bits from a can and the onions in the coq au vin were under cooked. However the waiter suggested a nice wine pairing with chicken. And the chocolate torte was amazing, so I gave an overall 4 star rating. I would go back again just for the dessert!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came on Dine Around SeattleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/9/2014..but unlike some places felt treated like it was any other day - great service, great food quality! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great meal!Duckish53VIPDined on 3/6/2014We visited during Dine Around Seattle and had a wonderful meal. We started with great cocktails and everything we tried from the menu was very good - especially the rockfish. The desserts were great as well. We will be back and I am recommending to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed!RinaVIPDined on 3/4/2014The food was outstanding; we dined during Dine around Seattle offerings and enjoyed our Happy Hour ( Oyster Hour) as well. The cocktails were so very yummy! Service was the best to be had in a location ( Capitol Hill). There were five of us for a birthday gathering. Highly recommend Zoe to locals and out- of- towners alike! Cheers!Special Features:
- Farewell partyArbyDined on 2/22/2014Zoe was great, we had a reservation for six and they very easily changed that to fit a seventh guest. Our gang arrived early and was able to hangout at the bar and enjoy the oyster happy hour while we waited on our entire party. Once seated the waiter kindly decanted our bottles of wine we brought with and suggested cocktails and appetizers. Everything on the menu was amazing, I particularly was fond of the pork belly starter. Thank you for the great evening, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We sat at the bar and hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2014We sat at the bar and had a great bartender and food service. Steak tartar and butternut squash soup were very good. We then split rock fish...awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usual!rcghDined on 2/17/2014Shared several small plates and a bottle of wine before a concert at the Paramount. Arrived at 6:15 and were out by 7:30 in time for the show. Every dish was great - Gnudi, Pork Belly, Steak Tartare and Roasted Beet salad... As well as the Pomme Frites with Malt aioli... Great service, prompt and friendly but not overbearing.. I've yet to have anything but a wonderful experience at Restaurant Zoe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014Lovely coq au vin and Alaskan rockfish. Loved the cauliflower side. Dessert was awesome, chocolate torte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine list !MshbnyehudVIPDined on 2/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our "foodie" experience at Zoe even though the number of menu choices is limited. But execution is superb, and the choice of decently priced wines is significant. We started with a tasty, very filling cheeses sampler, which was delightful -- particularly when paired with one of their Italian wines. Split a mixed greens salad that had lots of flavor. By this point, I only had room for another starter and thoroughly enjoyed the bolognese small plate. My partner loved her roasted chicken entree. It was a quiet Sunday night, we enjoyed the atmosphere and service (even though it was a bit slow to begin with but recovered nicely). I only wish they had more menu choices -- particularly of the non-pork or fish variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe a better summer restaurant?LisaDined on 2/16/2014I had two items: the La Pomette cocktail which was supposed to taste like apples but instead was basically just lemon juice, and the scallop special, which featured bland and mealy falafel. Disappointing. Also, the lighting, on a wet winter night, was cold and bleak. Either turn the fixtures up or get some additional candles or string lights.
- One of the best dining experiencesEmilieDined on 2/9/2014One of the best dining experiences we have had in a long time. we did the tasting menu, and everything from start to finish was spot on! Would definitely recommend this place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsBetty12Dined on 2/9/2014We had a fantastic experience! My daughter felt so special, celebrating her birthday! The service was exceptional! The dessert options were phenomenal and yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/3/2014I went here for my grandmothers birthday and we were all blown away by how fabulous the service was. They waited on us hand and foot and left us all feeling like queens. It was my grandmother's 74th birthday and she said it was the best dining experience she's ever had. We chose to go all out with the specialized chef choice menu and were not disappointed. We had 5-6 courses specialized to each of our pallets and all of us left happy. This is a 5 star restaurant and I would definitely recommend it for special occasions. The price point was a bit steep but to be expected. Well worth it for such wonderful staff and delicious food. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pac NW Dining in Cap HillMeredithVIPDined on 1/31/2014We took guests from out of town here and we loved it. We wanted to show off Pacific Northwestern cuisine and this hit the mark--great oysters, pork belly, gnudi and rockfish. The wine and cocktails were great too. We all walked away happy and the ambiance is the best combination of laid back and upscale you could want. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice place!kiwimasterDined on 1/30/2014See no reason not to give them a 5 star rating - the food's awesome, the servers friendly and patient, the design & feel of the place made the night magical. Didn't got the chance to try the wine list, but they do have some good wine pairing for their dish. By the way, the bread's served with olive oil and vinegar instead of with butter - something I enjoyed so much and the taste's spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.