2250 Apres Ski Way
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://trufflepigrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9708797470x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed for Shoulder Season. Reopening for Winter Season on Friday, November 28th, 2014.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties welcome
- Private Party Contact: Joshua Eckhaus 9708797470x
A word from Truffle Pig
Truffle Pig features casually elegant cuisine crafted from the finest and freshest ingredients - Expect simple, satisfying dishes paired with outstanding wines from around the region and the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Truffle Pig - Best Restaurants in Steamboat Springs ›
Truffle Pig reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (14)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)romantic (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- As it goes in Vacation towns,crestaVIPDined on 1/30/2012As it goes in Vacation towns, too much sauce and overwhelmingly large portions.
- Food was great. Jessica wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012Food was great. Jessica was our server and was knowledgable and personable. Service was excellent.jSpecial Features:
- Go for the pig, skip the truffle:OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/22/2012Most food is very good. Very good service. Avoid the flat bread pizza with piquillo peppers and sausage...tasteless and almost no cheese. Margharita pizza much better. Meal is a bit overpriced and their truffle dishes are so expensive that it's almost embarrassing to hear them try to push those menu items.
- We had the calamari, beetCJDiningVIPDined on 1/15/2012We had the calamari, beet salad and bouillabaisse. All of it was fantastic. The best bouillabaisse I ever had!Special Features:
- My husband's beet salad starterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/6/2012My husband's beet salad starter was a work of art. I opted to skip the starter and go for the Big Pig Burger--at $47 a real splurge, but surprisingly worth it, with fois gras, shaved truffle, and truffle fries. Delice! Word of advice: skip the ketchup.Special Features:
- Although appetizers were veryawesomeVIPDined on 1/4/2012Although appetizers were very good the entrees were very mediocre for the price. Nice place but honestly my least favorite out of five days of dining in steamboat.
- Truly a gem...VoloVIPDined on 12/31/2011This restaurant was a fabulous New Year's Eve experience for our party of six. The server went above and beyond, joking with us through the evening, and making sure everyone was well taken care of. With one minor exception (the pork shoulder was delicious, but more than 50% fat), our food was beautifully presented, well proportioned, and superbly flavored. There's something for everyone on this menu, from luxurious burgers to adventurous truffle-laden treats. Plus, the elegant decor and view of the slopes make Truffle Pig the perfect place to relax after a long day of skiing at Steamboat Springs. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Sports Bar. Not fine dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2011We reserved The Truffle Pig for New Years Eve, around 1 month in advance. I added a special note in my reservation stating that one of our party was gluten intolerant. When we arrived, instead of sitting us in the restaurant we were sat in the bar area at high stools. In spite of the fact that there were open tables elsewhere in the actual restaurant. The restaurant claimed no knowledge of my note to them, and struggled to accommodate our request. When our food arrived - after almost a two hour wait - it was cold. Obviously we were very disapointed. On reflection, I think this is probably a great Sports Bar, but that's not what we were expecting. We had thought this was a fine dining restaurant, which it clearly isn't.
- it was fine -- nother allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011it was fine -- nother all that great nothing all that bad
- The kids Mac-n-Cheese wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/29/2011The kids Mac-n-Cheese was made with adult flavored cheese. The kids burger was too flat, over cooked, and on a too toasted bun. The fish special had no special flavors. They should offer a small flatbread (pizza) for a shared appetizer. The restaurant configuration is awkward, so we were beside the kitchen, but could only hear it, not see it. I hear the restaurant is new, so I hope they will do some tweaking.Special Features:
- This is the place to go ifOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011This is the place to go if you're looking for top-quality food in Steamboat. You can't go wrong with any item on the menu: huge flavors all around. Make sure to get a side of truffle parmesan fries.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, the Squashjulaemily1VIPDined on 12/21/2011Fantastic food, the Squash Soup and Mussels were incredible! Our server was the only reason I wouldn't rate this place 5 stars. He took 10 minutes to arrive at the table, he wasn't very personable or friendly. He actually said items on the menu that we had questions about were "gross". Other than his rude and unprofessional behavior, I would say an overall great restaurant.Special Features:
- Great view of the slopes alongCodeDined on 12/14/2011Great view of the slopes along with good service. Used OpenTable.com as well for fast seating service.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our visit so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2011Enjoyed our visit so much we went back two days later!Special Features:
- The food was very good butGuidoVIPDined on 8/23/2011The food was very good but pricy for that quality. Excellent for patio dining during the summer.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2011We had a selection of oysters, mussels, truffle fries, the halibut, steak and arugula side salad, with a couple of beers and glasses of of wine. The meal overall was just okay. We had to flag the wait staff for the second round of drinks, which then came very slowly. The steak was cooked properly but was a poor cut and the arugula side salad was too acidic.Special Features:
- Poor service all the way around!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/6/2011Poor service all the way around! Had a reservation at 7pm arrived on time, only to be told we couldn't be seated right now so as not to tax the kictchen. After our waiter came by to say hi it was another 30 minutes before he returned. I ordered a bottle of wine which when offered to me I barely had time to look at the label. Needless to say, it was the wrong bottle. Very disappoiting!Special Features:
- Delicious and unpretentious.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2011Delicious and unpretentious. Great service from Jessie. Overall a wonderful dinnerSpecial Features:
- Very professional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/29/2011Very professional service and delicious meals were had by all. The truffle dishes were a little too pricey for us, but the beef dip, roast chicken and pizza were all great. We were too full for dessert, but it all sounded great. Would definitely go again!Special Features:
- This was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/28/2011This was our first time dining at the Truffle Pig. The outdoor dining area provided a great view of the ski area, however the loud music and an even louder group of people made it difficult to relax and enjoy the evening. Our server was pleasant, however one of her co-workers walked around all evening (waiting on tables, delivering food) with his wrist wrapped in a white bandage that had blood oozing through it. Not appetizing at all.Special Features:
- Been eating in Steamboat forOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2011Been eating in Steamboat for twenty years. This was the best meal we have ever eaten here.Special Features:
- Whole PackageMollyGirlVIPDined on 5/28/2011The Truffle Pig is a gem. Fantastic food. Fantastic service. Probably the best burger in Steamboat. We will come back here on every trip to the Springs.Special Features:
- Excellent meal! We enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2011Excellent meal! We enjoyed two appetizers. The raw oysters were very fresh and tasty. The mussels were to die for and the fries that came with them were outstanding! Our entres were fantastic (roast chicken and halibut). We don't usually do dessert, but we did and were glad of it! Great service - excellent all around!Special Features:
- Best Service Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/27/2011Our service was amazing. Jesse knew exactly what to suggest, and everything turned out absolutely delectable. Try the arugula flatbread (who knew?) and the bouillabaisse.Special Features:
- We took a break from skiingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/26/2011We took a break from skiing for lunch. This place was perfect. We plan to return the next time we are at Steamboat...Special Features:
- Excellent and very good service.jhr2000Dined on 3/21/2011Excellent and very good service. Also have been there for lunch and cocktails and have had a quality experience. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Great Apres, Dinner, and Drinks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2011I was recently out in Steamboat for a week trip and, growing up having a place in the area, wanted to try the new restaurant. It did not dissapoint! Great spot, great food! We went back later that week with friends!Special Features:
- The Truffle Pasta was amazing!GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2011The Truffle Pasta was amazing!Great selection of beers as well.Special Features:
- Great meal- would of beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/24/2011Great meal- would of been better if the waitress wasnt so clueless.Special Features:
- They had the best pizza forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/23/2011They had the best pizza for the kids. Profiteroles were also delish for dessert.Special Features:
- PaiDogwoodVIPDined on 2/20/2011The noise level is excruciating. It's impossible to conduct a normal conversation. The food is okay but to put up with the 90+ decibel level it would have to be outstanding which it is not. Fit for drunken youth or the deaf only.Special Features:
- + Very good food all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/19/2011+ Very good food all around with a good wine list to complement. + A bit on the loud side for conversation + Recommend going earlySpecial Features:
- The pork chop was the bestRobbyVIPDined on 2/18/2011The pork chop was the best I have had in 10 years. Better than Emeril's pork chop in New OrleansSpecial Features:
- We are real foodies & quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2011We are real foodies & quite fussy and we thoroughly enjoyed a great romantic dinner for Valentines evening at the Truffle Pig. The food was delicious, the service excellent & the wine exceptional. Its definitely a Steamboat must & we will go back.Special Features:
- The food was excellent butjohnnyboyVIPDined on 2/14/2011The food was excellent but the noise next to the open kitchen side of the restaurant was too much. It was hard to hold a conversation sometimes
- Loud, pricey, dining areaMikeDined on 2/14/2011Loud, pricey, dining area poorly designed for fine dining. The food is good but you feel as if your in an upscale sports bar. I will not rush back.
- We had the pork chop and roastedPasta1Dined on 2/12/2011We had the pork chop and roasted chicken. Excellent grits were served along with the think, perfectly cooked pork chop. The chicken had large hunks of excellent bacon! Our server was attentive and helpful making wine selections. We will be back!Special Features:
- I liked it so much I wentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/31/2011I liked it so much I went back for lunch the next daySpecial Features:
- Food was good but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/29/2011Food was good but overpriced. Very noisy, especially from the kitchen.
- We were a group of 4 and wereJosieVIPDined on 1/22/2011We were a group of 4 and were excited about trying the restaurant. We were seated right next to the kitchen (only way to sit at a booth) and there was significant noise from pots and pans. While the food was good, many of the dishes we ordered were based heavily on butter, which didn't seem necessary if more delicate use of spices were used instead. Not worth the price.