3515 NE 45th Street
Seattle, WA 98105Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chloebistrot.com/
- Phone: 2062570286
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday to Thursday: 5:00pm -close, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - close, Sunday: 5:00pm - close.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Laurent Gabrel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We rent out the restaurant for private parties.
A word from Chloé
Parisian chef Laurent Gabrel brings a little corner of the city of light to the heart of Laurelhurst. Celebrated for his success at Voilà! Bistrot, Gabrel’s new venture, Chloé, offers classic French bistrot food in an elegant, warmly-lit atmosphere. With an an emphasis on seafood and ingredients from local farms, Chloé Bistrot is quickly becoming a favorite among locals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Chloé reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (16)romantic (12)special occasion (8)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Have been to Chloe severalHappydinerVIPDined on 8/1/2012Have been to Chloe several times over past several months. Really like this place. The food is good and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- French cuisine with good pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2012French cuisine with good prices close to home. I usually go with one of the specials and have not been disappoitned.Special Features:
- Classic French Bistro withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2012Classic French Bistro with attention to excellent ingredients. Very friendly service and after half a dozen dinners, great consistency.Special Features:
- The mussels are deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/20/2012The mussels are delicious as is the kobe burger. Prices are quite reasonableSpecial Features:
- As always, the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012As always, the service was prompt and friendly, and the food was to die for! I like that they periodically change the menu so there are new items to try. I've never had anything there that wasn't delicious.Special Features:
- I took my boyfriend here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and we had a great time, the staff were friendly, the food was good, and I really liked where we were seated. All was wonderful, but I was so absorbed in conversation that I forgot to leave a tip. This prompted the waitress to run after us after we had left the restaurant and try and pressure me into giving her a tip. While I did have a good experience at the restaurant, being chased down for a tip is annoying enough for me to want to find somewhere else to eat next time.
- Less than AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2012Nearly dead on a Sunday evening. Server very pleasant but somewhat lacking in knowledge of what was available. Pushed a cauliflower mushroom special, that was lacking in flavor or any originality. My salmon was actually a bit tough and its hard to make salmon tough! Other 3 members of the party were happy with their meals, though. Still, won't return.
- Comfortable and casual diningMichaelGDined on 6/28/2012Comfortable and casual dining in the neighborhood is always a treat. Chloe is a small neighborhood bistro in the true sense of the word - a french bistro with bistro food (trout almandine, grilled salmon, mussels, beef bourguignon, with haricot verts or scalloped potato gratin for sides. This is simple french comfort food, prepared simply and tastily. The restaurant isn't large or jam-packed with tables (as some small spaces are) - but it is comfortable, with good service and a relaxed feeling. Just what I was looking for on a grey summer evening.Special Features:
- Terrific French bistro --SomeoneSomewhereVIPDined on 6/17/2012Terrific French bistro -- great food, very reasonable prices, unpretentious. We love this place. Superb snapper, excellent haricot vertes and frites, delicious salads, yummy onion soup. Go. Enjoy.Special Features:
- Cool place with authenticBillDined on 6/16/2012Cool place with authentic (to my palate, anyway) French food. I though the food was very good. Not off the hook, but a good meal. The place seemed quiet, and I'm guessing that's normal because they appeared to have only one server and one busser. On a Saturday night. Could be the busy-street location.Special Features:
- We dined here recently andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2012We dined here recently and were absolutely let down by the food we were served. Service was fine, although our waitress appeared a bit unkempt. Except for the beet salad, every dish we received was awful. The mixed green salad is litereally just a few meager greens on a plate with barely any dressing and no toppings. The mussels were served in a colorless, bland, and just plain depressing broth. The chicken entree was grey and unappealing and the salmon was flavorless. The side of mashed potatoes tasted like the Betty Crocker packaged kind.
- We (4) were cheerfully metGordonVIPDined on 5/24/2012We (4) were cheerfully met and seated by our waitress for the evening immediately upon our arrival. We started our meal sharing orders of Moulles Provencal and the best Macaroni and cheese I have tasted in some time. After the evenings specials were explained and our wine and starters had been served, we placed our entree orders and we began our dining experience. 4 different entrees were shared including meat and fish dishes and they were pronounced very good all around. We again shared an order of excellent Profiterols with coffee.Special Features:
- Friendly and prompt service.BaladeuseDined on 5/24/2012Friendly and prompt service. Boeuf stroganoff delicious. Ambiance of this restaurant space has always been wanting, no matter who has owned it - and there have been several.
- Brilliant French CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/22/2012We came to Chloé based upon our string of brilliant experiences at Voilá Bistro in Madison Valley. We love French and French-influenced cuisine and were not disappointed! We chose a Tuesday night since we are usually busy most other nights, and the restaurant was almost empty. It was also the closest available date to go celebrate our 17th anniversary. Molly was our server and did an outstanding job. She was there at all the right moments, not obtrusive and offered clear responses to our questions without hesitation or bloviation. We started with Moules aux Bleu (mussels in a bleu/brie cream sauce) which were delicious. We got a little carried away sopping up the sauce in the crusty Macrina bread and had to force ourselves to stop...Special Features:
- Comfortable dining with tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2012Comfortable dining with tasty French inspired foods. Professional and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Our waiter was helpful inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Our waiter was helpful in ordering and appropriately attentive and solicitous; the food was beautifully presented and delicious; the Sunday night 1/2 price wine bottles a real treat. Second visit to Chloe's with plans to absolutely return.Special Features:
- Varied French themed menu.ExcellentMABJVIPDined on 5/6/2012Varied French themed menu.Excellent preparation and presentation.Good service and accessible location with parking readily available. Decor is a bit dark but overall a very good choice.Special Features:
- This was our second visitFrankVIPDined on 4/28/2012This was our second visit to Chloe and the food was as good as the first time. The service however was not as good. I do not believe our waitress was trained thoroughly. The food came out as expected although the soup and salad appetizers arrived at the same time allowing the soup to get cold or the salad warm. The table was not cleared as one would expect before dessert. I will certainly try the restaurant again and would recommend it but they need to improve service, Seattle has a lot of competition.
- Delicieux! Especially theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Delicieux! Especially the soupe du jour (fennel), fries, rainbow trout and snapper. We will come again. Also very hospitable. Thank youSpecial Features:
- We made the reservation withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2012We made the reservation with Open Table and mentioned it was our anniversary. The food was good as was the service and they gave us a complimentary dessert to celebrate. Nice touch.
- Chloe - a sorry bistroMAnnDined on 4/19/2012While menu descriptions were enticing, execution on all fronts was uninspiring. Cocktails were poorly mixed with ratios all wrong, crusts of appetizers were charred, entrees were either oily, salty and less than fresh; and another was tough and oversalted. Wine did not come off as an burgundy we have tasted. Sorry, hope they can get it right sometime; but a long way to go
- Wouldn't really rate thisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2012Wouldn't really rate this as more than just being a gem in the Laurelhurst and U district neighborhoods. The tables are packed pretty close together which means you can easily over hear your neighbors' conversations. The food was tasty, and filling, but the wine was considerably over priced. For 12 $ a glass I want to experience a pretty stellar Bordeaux. My significant other enjoyed her meal but both of us found that the appearance of the food didnt lunge out at you. Enjoyed trying the place but much prefered Eva and 35th St BistroSpecial Features:
- The food and service at ChloeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012The food and service at Chloe were both excellent. The atmosphere was an enjoyable one, perfect for a date or maybe a small "girls' night out" dinner. My only complaint is that my boyfriend and I were seated two tables from another couple, and then another couple arriving later was seated two tables from us. The restaurant was pretty empty other than the three couples, so I would have hoped we could have been seated somewhat farther apart. Other than that, everything was great!Special Features:
- All of the dishes that weRhebeDined on 3/31/2012All of the dishes that we chose were great!! I had the pork loin and my friend had the scallops both dishes were perfect.Special Features:
- Not up to their normal standardsThomasKellerwannaBeDined on 3/28/2012this is our neighborhood stand-by place.. we go almost every other week since mostly the food is very good. This night my dish was (as always) great BUT my wife ordered a large side dish of macaroni and cheese. Sadly this was very disappointing. This dish was basically baked macaroni noodles in milk or cream with a bit of nutmeg (no cheese) with sprinkled parmesan on top popped under a grill. totally tasteless mess. This place should not be cutting corners like this. shame on you Chloe.Special Features:
- The salmon was perfectly cooked;OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012The salmon was perfectly cooked; yummy kale and chopped mushrooms substituted for mashed potatoes at my request. My husband had the Kobe beef burger, also cooked just as he likes. It was big -- served with a pile of crispy fries (which I shared). The lemon tart was both tart and sweet, mellowed with whipped cream and mint on the side. The restaurant is cozy, with dark walls, but some other diners were laughing loudly/annoyingly across the small room. Otherwise, it was perfect, a happy find.Special Features:
- Had the best French OnionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2012Had the best French Onion Soup of my life! Had a Sirloin Steak which was pretty good. The Chocolate Mousse was incredible.Special Features:
- Food was great with exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012Food was great with exceptional service. Reservation said they were not able to book on Open Table?Special Features:
- The service at Chloe's wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012The service at Chloe's was really great but I was a little disapointed with the mussles which you can get several different ways. We ordered the seafood mussels for an appetizer and they were not so good although our main course was awsome. So, I will return to but not order the mussels again, I will order their wonderful onion soup and daily specials which tasted really fresh. I also loved thir cream brule for dessert.Special Features:
- Moules etc!! A nice jointElleVIPDined on 3/14/2012Moules etc!! A nice joint to have a cozy dinner with friends.Special Features:
- A great neighborhood resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012A great neighborhood resturant with an intimate atmosphere and wonderful food. The escargot and beef stew are a definite must!Special Features:
- First time at ChloeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/2/2012Wonderfully seasoned meals. I had the salmon and my husband had the sirloin. Compared to other restaurants, Chloe has good portion control--which was great as that left room for dessert! Limited wine selection, but we both still found a glass or two that was good.Special Features:
- Tasty Tasty Tasty!ReadVIPDined on 2/24/2012We eat a Chloe very regularly and are thrilled to have it as a neighborhood gem! The service is always excellent! David and Molly are always attentive to your needs and very friendly! This last Friday night we had escargot for an appie, the bibb lettuce salad and the scallops for our entree and our favorite French chardonnay. They were all outstanding!Special Features:
- Bonjour awesome!BigMeatNoWhammyVIPDined on 2/17/2012The food is awesome. Dessert to die for. All at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Chloé is a but if mixed messagesbistrofanaticVIPDined on 2/14/2012Chloé is a but if mixed messages and remembrances. Having a fairly authentic French bistro in a relative wasteland neighborhood for fine cuisine is much to its credit. It is certainly more of a family-style bistro than a fine-dining, quiet conversation venue than any of the former occupants; not a judgement, just a fact but if you have a history of looking for a great, quiet dinner in that area, you will need to change your expectations. The food is broadly great; not excellent, but great. The wine list is true bistro, although any bistro in France would be a bit embarassed by the lack of either low-end surprises or really fine high end wines. Not having a legitimate Cote-d'Or Burgundy on the list seems a bit bizarre!Special Features:
- A Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/28/2012I have to say, I took a date to this restaurant, and the service was absolutely fabulous. The server was attentive, but not annoying, and was there to provide advice and information. The food was amazing; I had the onion soup gratinee and the red snapper, and my date had the mixed greens and the tagliatelle. Absolutely delicious. The wine was terrific, and don't even get me started about the dessert! What a great find, this place!Special Features:
- Everything about this restaurantWealthCopDined on 1/27/2012Everything about this restaurant is perfect. The menu has something for everyone. And it's right up the hill from University Village Mall.Special Features:
- good simple bistro cuisine.kateDined on 1/26/2012good simple bistro cuisine. Cozy spot, attentive wait staff.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful familyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2012We had a wonderful family dinner to celebrate a birthday, and the staff took care of all our needs, and provided wonderful service.Special Features:
- Good service, ambiance, avg+ foodSomeFashionPhotographerDined on 1/7/2012The general dining experience was good. Attentive, knowledgeable, lively and polite waiting staff; rustic and comfortable ambiance. Food: Escargot appetizer was good, but not phenomenal. We ordered Red Snapper with capers and lemon sauce (very much a French classic), soup du jour (Potatoes and Flannel soup), Soup onion gratinee and cassoulet (special that night), paired with a glass of house Cote Du Rhone. The Soup du jour was great. The onion soup was...probably one of the most diluted I have ever had in my life, which was a disappointment since this does not reflect my experience at Voila Bistrot (same head chef). The rest was fine, the red snapper was a highlight. The cassoulet was better overnight. Overall, a 3.5 starSpecial Features: