395 Santa Monica Place, #305N
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
La Sandia - Santa Monica
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.richardsandoval.com/lasandiasm/
- Phone: 3103933300x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily 4pm - close
Happy Hour: Sunday-Friday All Night Happy Hour at the Tequila Bar and Lounge.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Barrios
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: La Sandia offers a variety of semi-private and private dining experiences: host an intimate dinner at our Chef's table; celebrate with handcrafted cocktails on our outdoor patio, which features unparalleled views of the Promenade; progress from the Tequila Bar to a seated lunch or dinner in the dining room, where a retractable roof and open skies create a festive, courtyard setting. Our private event menus and Tequila Bar packages showcase the best of La Sandia's modern Mexican cuisine and cocktails. For details, contact our Private Event Manager or visit www.richardsandoval.com.
- Private Party Contact: Kandis Leigh 818-751-3053x
- Cross Street: Broadway Blvd & 3rd Street
- Public Transit: The Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Rapid 3 stops regularly in front of the Santa Monica Place mall at the corner of 4th and Broadway. For full schedule and information, please visit: http://bigbluebus.com/busroutes/schedule.asp?bus_route=33&dayofweek=weekdays
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: conveniently
At La Sandia, internationally acclaimed Chef Richard Sandoval uses innovative culinary techniques and fresh, local ingredients to raise authentic Mexican recipes to new heights. Enjoy Chef Sandoval's modern Mexican flavors with selections from our Tequila Bar - we offer over 100 Tequilas and Mezcals, as well as handcrafted margaritas. Warm, Latin-inspired service will round out your experience. Buen provecho y salud!
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
- Food was yummy and airy insideCatchskyDined on 2/14/2014Food was unexpectedly good! Music was a little loud and not suitable for a important conversation though. Staffs were all friendly and quick and no problem at all. Price is medium and it was worth it. I definitely go back there with my friends if I go near it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mexican, Okay ServiceTODiner721Dined on 2/13/2014La Sandia is a great place to go if you are looking for a tasty margarita and a bite to eat. However, how we spent two and half hours there I will NOT EVER UNDERSTAND!! The food was very tasty and the margaritas are recommended. The service however was slow and regretful. Our server was very nice, however seemed overwhelmed or just MIA. Took 20 minutes + to receive our appetizer. When the main course came out it was incorrect for my wife. My fajitas (with black beans and rice) did not have a spoon. I requested a spoon, and our server said he would get one but never returned. Dessert took about 20 + minutes to arrive at the table. Getting the check paid out another 20 + minutes.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationbdubDined on 2/13/2014Food was delicious. Server, Mariana, was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITMariDined on 2/12/2014HAD A GREAT TIME! OUR SERVER WAS SO ACCOMMODATING! GREAT DRINKS GREAT AMBIANCE!!!!Special Features:
- Great food on a great daywithjoyDined on 2/10/2014Santa Monica could not offer a better day: sunny and beautiful blue sky. La Sandia offered a perfect place to have a quiet business lunch. Excellent service, attention to details, great food presentation and grate taste. Margaritas are smooth and tasty, perfectly paired with guacamole and chips. Not quite the typical Mexican food, but very good. I would recommend to anybody to eat there at least once. Lunch is much quoter than dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ServiceMasterDined on 2/8/2014Perfect to take out of town guests for quick shopping, beach, and a casual but nice dining experience. Margarita were on expensive side at $9 for basic, but kids menu at $4 compensates for family dining (kids menu came with main, rice, beans and ice cream). Portion is large, manager is very professional and friendly, and wait staff is on top of everything. Outdoor dining at cold night required a jacket, but the heater provided enough warmth in the end. The place is a perfect spot to relax if you're in for a shopping day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SM Place trreatSandyjkVIPDined on 2/6/2014This Mexican gourmet restaurant is not only in a huge space, it serves delicious food. We were introduced to it by a Travelzoo offering and it was truly a DEAL! We will return.Special Features:
- SolidRaffyVIPDined on 1/18/2014I was expecting more so hard to give a fair review! Service was just ok- had to always ask for refills and always seemed out the server. Ok.Special Features:
- Good food, but really crazy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/18/2014Four gals, Saturday evening, 7:00...just the facts. It was so noisy we couldn't hear ourselves, and we were in the "quiet" booth in the back. The food is great, all fresh ingredients. We ordered drinks first and the waiter kept telling us we want different drinks. We just wanted simple, tequila with lime....he kept telling us to get crazy fruit drinks. We didn't want them, told him over and over. He finally brought our drinks but they were not what we ordered FOR SURE. They were very sweet drinks, some kind of concoction.. Then he told is what food to order, we compromised part of what he ordered and what we wanted, the food was good. It was so noisy we couldn't believe it.Special Features:
- La Sandia in Santa Monica - perfectPMH61Dined on 1/18/2014Our table on the patio was great. Right under the heat lamp although it wasn't really too cold. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnersjcarterDined on 1/11/2014We went to dinner here on sat January 11th with a group of 16. The service was slow and the waiter didn't come around often enough. The food was ok, nothing special.Special Features:
- Always SatisfiedPavie105Dined on 1/11/2014I love La Sandia and everyone I take for dinner enjoys it too. Good food at good prices. The restaurant is also so beautiful.Special Features:
- Very disappointed w/ Food/AmbienceKlonglcswVIPDined on 12/31/2013First of all the hostess was great. She was very flexible with our changes to reservation (I see why-the restaurant was empty). The restaurant itself is very worn. Seated in a booth with ripped/missing leather. We asked to move as the entire restaurant was empty except for one large party. The hostess had a great attitude. The food was average. Much more like a chain mexican restaurant than a restaurant by Richard Sandoval. The drinks also were really quite poor. The pitchers of cadillac margaritas tasted like they were made with powdered lemonade. It had a distinct taste that was unlike any margarita I have ever tasted. We were celebrating with friends but had we been on our own, we likely would have left.Special Features:
- Good overallFkobVIPDined on 12/23/2013The salsa that comes with the chips is delicious! The chicken quesadilla was a disappointment - thin, with no real chicken in it. The chicken fajita was very good. Would go back if in the area again.
- Hot Tamales!FoodHunterVIPDined on 12/19/2013We enjoyed the restaurant--this was a repeat visit for us and we were not disappointed. We shared a lobster roll and the festival Tamales. Both were very tasty and very reasonably priced. Service is friendly and upbeat. Definitely thinking of going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New findMrMaxerooDined on 11/16/2013The first waiter said that the menu was "Modern Mexican". Not sure what that meant for the food we ordered seemed to be just Mexican food. However, it was very good no matter what it is called. The chips were outstanding, although a bit too thin to for the tableside made guacamole. The entrees very tasty. My wife said it was the best shrimp salad she had ever had. I ordered the combo fajitas. The chicken was too dry, but the beef was excellent. The black beans were fantastic. I didn't like the "platoon" service. There were at least four different servers. When I needed another drink, I didn't know who to flag down. All good people, but I would prefer only one waiter or waitress. We will return and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great a good place to go.artistDined on 11/12/2013You just have check it out your self. Excellent food and experiance. Good as a group and hot spot.Special Features:
- Not so good eveningCarrieVIPDined on 11/11/2013We have been to La Sandia many times. This last visit we found the service to be poor . Water and chips never came, until we asked for them. Waiter was well informed on the menu but not attentive. I think that there was not enough help that evening. We were also seated near unruly children that hung over our booth. As the Moms left they flipped us off. I will plan on sitting in the bar area should we return. Cannot leave a private message in any detail that makes sense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing restaurant, deliciousPavie105Dined on 11/9/2013Amazing restaurant, delicious drinks, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar looks greatfoodforthoughtDined on 11/7/2013I think it's great if you're looking for a bar. The bar drinks and bar atmosphere are great but if you are going for a restaurant experience it would not be my first choice. The hostess sat us in the back which she said had a feeling of being outdoors, but it did not. I ordered the fish tacos from the light menu and my husband ordered hanger steak. His was very good but mine hardly had any fish. It was all lettuce.Special Features:
- The best Mexican Cuisine,CocoVIPDined on 10/27/2013The best Mexican Cuisine, excellent service as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for lunchSherieVIPDined on 10/17/2013My colleague recommended La Sandia for his birthday lunch. The restaurant is beautifully designed with the bar prominently featured in front. We were greeted by the manager and quickly sat in the patio out front. Our server was very quick to take our drink orders and describe the specials on the menu. The moles sounded great but seeing as I had to return to work, I stuck with the healthy tacos. I loved the tacos and thought they were innovative with great flavor. The mango salsa and guacamole which accompanied the tacos were delicious. My coworker comes for happy hour often and loves both La Sandia and Zengo next door. Sounds like a return visit is in order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spotluv2dineDined on 9/28/2013we had a small group, excellent location, great waiter, the white sangria is DELICIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good Southwestern CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/27/2013Its a great addition to the downtown SM area. I've been for lunch and dinner, always good service and the food is great.Special Features:
- Really Good!iluvfoodDined on 9/18/2013I loved that they had a light menu option and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun outdoor spotmbinlaDined on 9/6/2013Great for groups, the outdoor area is casual and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, bad serviceJamesVIPDined on 9/1/2013Waitress made several mistakes including forgetting one of the entres. The chips and view make up for the bad service. The actual food from the menu is mediocre,
- GREAT FOOD! Everyone at ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2013GREAT FOOD! Everyone at our table raved about how good their food was! We had so much fun too... Beautiful interior design and good service makes this a good choice for special occasions.The service was really good and handled our group beautifully, although things were a little slow at the bar. Everything went else perfectly... I will be back again, most definitely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic n yummy!LuvRichSanDined on 7/24/2013The food was great, the restaurant was chic yet casual. Very good service. I love Pampano in NYC and this was an equally awesome yet different experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special, food wasKathyDined on 7/15/2013Nothing special, food was conventional, expensive as expected but I was not impressed.Special Features:
- Meh...HappyCamperVIPDined on 7/5/2013I'd heard a lot about La Sandia since it opened and after finally going, I was unimpressed. The bench seats in the bar booth areas are falling apart and peeling, the menus were literally coated with margaritas/drinks/food chunks, and the food tasted bland and uninspired. The saving grace was our server who was friendly, helpful, and thorough.Special Features:
- The best Mexican restaurantCocoVIPDined on 7/3/2013The best Mexican restaurant in Los Angeles, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasted Of MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2013Someone suggested we go to La Sandia for our Wedding Anniversary night out. . We both felt that the restaurant was tired. Plants had bug holes, a booth across from us had torn seat cushioning. The walls had no color and the only sense of life was the rock music playing. Music that did not fit the setting at all. I thought with this owners reputation we were going to a trendy, vibrant and foodie place. We left after a boring meal. I half thought I would write a note to corporate about our experience as they have all the elements to make it a great experience but I am guessing no one cares to bring it all together and create excellence. Sad.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2013All areas underwhelmed. I was hoping for a special night with clients and it felt like a very Americanized chain restaurant. It's in a mall and lived up to what you might expect from a mall restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Mexican!Foodielover1VIPDined on 6/18/2013Delicious food, wonderful margarita (not too sweet). We sat outside and it was comfortable. Nothing special for a view since your sitting outside in a mall, but the food and service made it a great experience. Our server JT was very good and knowledgable. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2013they had no reservation for my group! it was embarrassing!! what happened???Special Features:
- OkBlondemumsyDined on 5/16/2013I found the hostess to be condescending. The waiter was ok but not on top of keeping beverages full. Food was so so. Salsa was fabulous that was the best thing there. Noise was almost unbearable I don't know how the staff can hear your order
- Sangria sangria sangria!MichelleVIPDined on 5/14/2013The sangria was amazing. Staff was wonderful. Prices reasonable. And good delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, food was just ok, margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Loud, food was just ok, margaritas were awful, prices ok, service was attentive but our server just wasn't very polished.
- Looks Nice: Should Not Serve FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/4/2013The sauces on my plate were not a good pairing for the pork that I was eating. Half of the pork was a pile of fat and not edible. The other half was overlooked to being dark, and was greasy. The tea tasted like soap (and was probably in a poorly-rinsed glass). The tortillas needed more cooking. While in the parking lot after lunch, each of the four at lunch said they would never return.