7051 E. 5th Ave.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
5th and Wine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.5thandwine.com/
- Phone: 4806998001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Butler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Looking for some flavorful food for your next event? 5th and Wine can drop off your favorite food or provide full-service catering.
- Private Party Facilities: 5th and Wine has several areas to host your get together. A wine tasting in the living room, a business meeting or murder mystery dinner in the fountain room, or a wedding rehearsal dinner in our spacious courtyard. Options & opportunities are endless.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Yanni 4806998001
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday, Friday, & Saturday nights from 6:30pm - 9:30pm.
- Cross Street: Marshall Way
- Public Transit: Free old town trolley stop outside our door.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is an ample amount of parking on 5th Avenue, on Marshall Way, and in the public parking lot for the 5th Ave Shops just 50 yards away at 5th Ave & Goldwater
5th and Wine is perfect for stopping by during the day and ordering from our delicious lunch menu or come by after work, and check out our enticing Happy Hour. Our tantalizing options include bruschetta, calamari, strawberry gorgonzola salad, various Panini’s, sandwiches, entrees, or great 5th and Wine burger… don't forget to add bacon, and our chef's delicious daily features.
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
- Enjoyed the relaxed vibe andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Enjoyed the relaxed vibe and musician- good food &wineSpecial Features:
- Great food, awesome live entertainmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Great food, awesome live entertainment (one guy with a guitar who was very good). Perfect spot to grab dinner before going out in Old Town.Special Features:
- Found you on the food tourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Found you on the food tour with Zach. Loved it so I brought back my closest friends and celebrated my 30th. Server 'megan' I think from Nm was awesome! Im a big fan. Thanks!Special Features:
- Vegans Beware!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2012Sure, there are non-animal options on the menu. But that won't save you if you get a glimpse (or whiff) of the ahi tuna sunomono en route to some other table. Unless your willpower is titanium-reinforced, you will likely be begging for the opportunity to let animal protein back into your life. At least, that particular rendition of animal protein. Then, once your ability to resist has been sapped by the sunomono, the Thursday night Prime Rib special will come along and finish you off. But no regrets, okay? Just round out the evening with one of their insanely good monster brownies and ice cream. BTW, "Sapped by the Sunomono" would make a great album title, no?Special Features:
- I've been here a couple ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2012I've been here a couple of times this summer. I have only order the 5th & Wine burger with the Cambozola cheese. I think it's good but I can't speak for the rest of the menu.
- This was recommended to meOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2012This was recommended to me by a friend and now is one of my Fav's.Special Features:
- Delicious dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Excellent food - - Bison burger, chicken pot pie, and chicken picata! Comfortable surroundings and atmosphere, and attentive service. Nice touch with the complimentary and DELICIOUS brownie al a mode for our birthday celebration!Special Features:
- If you would like to talkOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2012If you would like to talk and hear each other speak, sit in the back dining room.Special Features:
- On Mondays & Tuesdays 5thPat52Dined on 7/2/2012On Mondays & Tuesdays 5th and Wine offers a date night special menu that is awesome! Filled with items from their regular menu, you can choose two salads, two entrees, and one dessert, all for a very pleasing price! Plus you get $10 off your first bottle of wine. We had Chicken Picata and Hangar Steak, both of which were delicious. Ceasar salad for my hubby and my salad with strawberries and gorgonzola cheese were lovely and very good. Our server was conversational and savvy and wrapped up a huge piece of cheesecake for us to take back to our hotel. We loved the entire evening!Special Features:
- I am always impressed fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012I am always impressed from the minute I am greeted at the door, to the servers and the great food. I like the atmosphere which is friendly for a few to a big group. The music specifially Saturday evening on June, 30, 2012, was Over the Top Great. My friends and I continue to find it one of our favorites to frequent.Special Features:
- Great Food & VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2012We come here as often as our trips to the Valley will allow. The soup today was mushroom; it was stock-based, not cream-based, and absolutely delicious. The nightly special was trout: a huge, delicious portion rivalling its counterpart at Sierra Bonita Grill in Phoenix. Our waitress, Rachel, was super. It's never hard to find a good wine pairing, either, since the wine list is nicely varied and reasonably priced. Who needs the snobby, poseur-oriented places in Arcadia and Central Phoenix, when you can go to a fun place like this instead? I don't remember the name of tonight's musical performer, but I loved his guitar technique, particularly when he was doing blues-oriented stuff. I hope he's there on our next visit.Special Features:
- Eat, Drink, RepeatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/29/2012We love the all-day (until 6 PM) happy-hour prices on wine. The food is almost always excellent (sometimes the burgers are a little lame). Great soups and salads. Likewise the prime rib on Thursdays. Friendly service, and the bartenders are lots of fun.Special Features:
- Went there for Father's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/17/2012Went there for Father's day with the kids. The place was not terribly busy, but the service was still pretty slow. The meals were good, but not great. I've been there before for happy hour and it was great for happy hour. Dinner with the kids was just OK.Special Features:
- Food left much to be desiredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012I came here after receiving a gift card-Food was disappointing, I really wanted to like this place. Pear, brie and fig appetizer was alright. Tuna was good but way too spicy for the average palate. The calamari was one of the worst I've ever had. It was sopped in frying oil so much that the batter wasn't staying on the so called "calamari" which was extremely chewy and shriveled up, even the rings were thin-most calamari I've had is somewhat soft with a meaty texture, this calamari was hardly that and barely edible. The basil sauce with it didn't go well with it either. Tap water that is left at the table tasted bad and I don't usually mind tap water. Not sure if I'd return to give the actual entrees a shot after this experience.
- High quality food with reasonableMyHeavensDined on 6/8/2012High quality food with reasonable prices and very warm service. Felt as if they truly appreciated my business. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- A definite "place to be" beforeCaliforniaFoodieDined on 5/31/2012A definite "place to be" before the Thursday evening Art Walk. Centrally located, the food is good and the wine selection is fantastic! Loved watching the groups of people who gathered for their "Thursday night out".Special Features:
- Always good, never been letTheNussVIPDined on 5/27/2012Always good, never been let done. Try the brucetta, all varieties!Special Features:
- We loved that it was off theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/19/2012We loved that it was off the path of typical Scottsdale. The outdoor dining was a nice touch with live music that wasn't too loud. Great wine selection. Next time we will try the fried pickles!Special Features:
- 5th and Wine is one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/20125th and Wine is one of my favorite places. Great wine, great food, great service! We love it!Special Features:
- Very Nice place for just aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Very Nice place for just a few or a Large crowd. The Music outside added that special touch. Over great experience.Special Features:
- We had a nice evening on theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2012We had a nice evening on the patio listening to Ivan play guitar and sing. The food was decent. One small issue - We ordered antipasto as a starter. The meat, cheese and olives were great. They served it with plain white bread that had been toasted. My wife said, "It's a crime to serve this bread with all this great cheese". She was right, we mentioned it to the server who told us their bread supplier didn't make a delivery that day. OK - then run to AJ's and get some decent bread or at least tell us when we are ordering so we could decide on something else. Other than that, It was a fun, enjoyable night, we would go back.Special Features:
- $20 bottles - a true find.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/6/2012We had never been previously. Our biggest surprise, and a good one was that there is $20 bottles everyday. So that takes it down to a 1.5x markup. The food was very good, between us we tried four items and the turkey sandwich was a big hit. The buffalo burger was the weakest of the dishes. The side Mac n cheese was very good.Special Features:
- A Lovely evening was spentSueBDined on 5/3/2012A Lovely evening was spent outside enjoy food and drink.Special Features:
- We were very happy with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2012We were very happy with our first visit to this restaurant. For a birthday celebration our family of 4 enjoyed the creative appetizers and unique entrees. The wine list was well stocked with options for both glass and full bottle choices. The music from the outdoor courtyard dining area added an upbeat ambiance to our experience. The atmosphere was casual yet trendy and made for a very enjoyable evening- we will return again soon.Special Features:
- Start the Music Later!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2012We love the food and service, but starting the live music at 6:30 means 5th & Wine can boast, "We put the din in dinner." Assuming you bring your earplugs, be sure to get the shrimp cocktail; the sauce is pretty jazzy. If you're there on Thursday the prime rib will keep you coming back. We also like the seasoned fries and the various salads. Don't pass up the ahi sunomono, either. The all-day happy hour is an excellent deal, too.Special Features:
- PROS: Great decor, the waitersandyVIPDined on 4/25/2012PROS: Great decor, the waiter was attentive and really pleasant, the wine prices were quite reasonable. The food was good, although I ordered a caprese salad for my main meal and it was more bread than salad. Since I didn't want to eat that much bread, I left hungry. My friend's chicken was ample and he liked it. CONS: The room was cold, the patio unavailable (reserved for a party), and though the place wasn't crowded, the acoustics were so noisy we could barely hear each other.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the fried picklesSuzGDined on 4/22/2012Enjoyed the fried pickles appetizer and great bruschetta! Wished we'd gone when they had live music.Special Features:
- Love this place, the bartendersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2012Love this place, the bartenders are friendly and really make you feel at home!Special Features:
- We went to 5th and Wine threeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012We went to 5th and Wine three times last week. On each occasion we thoroughly enjoyed the wines and starter dishes. Unfortunately on our last visit we requested a small cheese selection, similar to the cheeses that were on the Antipasto starter. We felt that the charge of $12;95 was exorbitant. It should have been half that.Special Features:
- Great food, and fund atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2012Great food, and fund atmosphere with an awesome guitar player...Special Features:
- Great find in the heart of Old TownOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012It may be tough to find a last-minute special place for dining on a Saturday night in Old Town Scottsdale, but we got lucky with 5th and Wine. I made the reservations online through this site just three hours before and once we got to the restaurant, we were very pleased to be seated in the charming outdoor courtyard. We both ordered the salmon (I had the salad; my husband had the entree) and it was delicious, perfectly prepared and fresh. They also had a talented musician (singer and guitarist) playing laid-back songs and combined with the spectacular spring weather, it all made for a wonderful evening. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful time. Planned onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Wonderful time. Planned on having dinner but ended up spending the entire evening there enjoying the music. Great food, great service, great wine list - truly a gem in downtown Scottsdale! We plan on returning often!Special Features:
- Nice Old Town Scottsdale restaurantMich7240Dined on 3/27/2012Nice Old Town Scottsdale restaurant. Wine list was good and menu had a little of everything. We had an early reservation but the place filled up quickly. I would return again for a relaxing dinner or with friends.Special Features:
- Giants FanOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2012This is the 2nd time i have eaten at this spot in Scottsdale- first time was when they had music- preferred the vibe that night - music is thur-sat-The 2nd time food and service were great but the ambience wasnt quite as good the first time.Special Features:
- The bruschetta's were fabulous.CathyDined on 3/25/2012The bruschetta's were fabulous. The chicken piccata was way to lemony and over cooked. Had to ask for sweetener for the tea.
- We make it a point to eatRaeLDined on 3/24/2012We make it a point to eat at 5th and Wine while in town for MLB Spring Training. The big draw is the Chicken Pot Pie. They are incredible. Check first to see which day they're serving them. I suggest reserving your order as they run out very, very quickly. The crust is perfect and the filling creamy and delicious. They're huge and not for the meek. Although you think you can't possibly finish a whole one -- you'll find that you can't stop eating it! We had a large party, they were very accommodating and helpful. Our waitress was attentive and sweet.Special Features:
- Decided to visit 5th and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2012Decided to visit 5th and Wine for a date night, and chose the patio. You really can't beat old town in March, and the patio at 5th and Wine is perfect for getting outside. We didn't catch the live music (it was a Tuesday), but had a great time and the food and service were fantastic as usual. I definitely recommend trying out 5th and Wine if you haven't already.Special Features:
- This establishment was setrockytonyVIPDined on 3/6/2012This establishment was set up to accommodate wine tasters and dinners and the two goals, setting wise, did not mix. The food menu was minimally varied, I having the sea bass which was quite good. Two members of our party had mussels, half of which were thrown out because they were not open. The management pleasantly replaced them with apologies and the next batch contained the same unopened proportion. The room was noisy, poor acoustically and lacked welcoming warmth. I have to say the management and service staff were very congenial and tried everything to please. The place however failed in that attempt to match their efforts.
- A hip and happening place.TomKilleenDined on 3/2/2012A hip and happening place. Great décor and music, and a nicely varied menu. The $5/glass happy hour is brilliant.Special Features:
- Fun times.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2012Great happy-hour pricing. The tuna sunomono is outstanding.Special Features: