Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant
123 East 18th Street
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://paulandjimmys.com/
- Phone: 2124759540x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 1:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Monday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Greg Azzollini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Paul & Jimmy"s offers catering for all: office functions, special events, and gatherings of all sizes. Please call for all inquires,
- Private Party Facilities: A Gramercy Park Landmark since 1950 we can accomodate semi private parties up to 40 and private parties from 40 to 75 or cocktail parties to 100 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Greg Azzollini 2124759540
- Special Events: Available for private parties Saturday and Sunday from 1:00- 5:00 pm for up to 70 people.
A word from Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant
Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant has been a landmark in the historic Gramercy Park neighborhood since 1950. The father and son tandem of Louis and Greg Azzollini continue to serve old-country-style Italian dishes, as well as, innovative specials prepared daily. All plates are crafted with the freshest of ingredients, many sourced locally from the farmers market. Louis always welcomes you as part of the family and Chef Greg makes sure each dish would proudly be served to "Nonna."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paul & Jimmy's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (5)special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We were meeting friends andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/2/2011We were meeting friends and wanted a place where we could talk undisturbed while enjoying our meal. As usual, Paul and Jimmy's filled the bill.Special Features:
- Food was very good at reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/1/2011Food was very good at reasonable prices. But the service was so wonderful it made this experience perfect. The waiter was solicitous without hovering yet managed to be there when we needed him. That's a fine line to walk! The interior was a little dated (think 1980s Brooklyn Italian) but it didn't interfere with the experience. It was a great price...especially for the neighborhood! At 8:00 there were only three tables. By 9:30 there were about 15!Special Features:
- Outstanding service, fabulousMrscriticalDined on 11/30/2011Outstanding service, fabulous food, relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. All together a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- An old time, long time favorite.larryDined on 11/17/2011An old time, long time favorite. Hasn't lost anything over the years. Food is well prepared. Can use a facelift.Special Features:
- Very Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2011Hidden gem. Great ambiance, great food, very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- The way Italian food should beKWR57VIPDined on 11/9/2011Just like mama used to make it... P&J is definitely a "neighborhood gem"Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/4/2011The food was good but the service was exceptional. The price fixe menu offered great options. Loved the location!
- We were going to theater inBonnieVIPDined on 10/29/2011We were going to theater in the neighborhood and Paul & Jimmy's worked for dinner. The ambiance is Old World and comfortable as is the service. The food is fine, neither bad nor exceptional. A functional restaurant.
- This restaurant was SO NOISY!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/15/2011This restaurant was SO NOISY! The food was pretty good.
- great experienceNYCfoodieDined on 10/15/2011Our entire experience was great ! We will definately make a return visit.Special Features:
- great neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/7/2011This was our first visit to Paul & Jimmy's and we will definitely be back. The food was wonderful, with the menu including both traditional classics and updated modern dishes. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- We were greeted with a smilePlaygoerVIPDined on 10/1/2011We were greeted with a smile at the door and shown to our table. There is a lovely ambience here and the service was very good. They deal well with food allergies. The flavors and presentation of the food were very good, but the veal in each of our dishes (marsale and picata) was very tough. So, we will return, but next time stick with the pasta.
- VERY pleasant atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2011VERY pleasant atmosphere and staff. The menu choices were abundant and nicely priced. A good value. Unfortunately, you have to look carefully for the restaurant. A large overhead scaffold obstructs your view from the street. But, the restaurant is worth looking for...one of those NYC gems that could be a regular visit.Special Features:
- Delicioso!GoodfoodlousyservioeVIPDined on 9/24/2011The food, service and ambiance was excellent, however because we had a later reservation (8:30 pm), our dinner finished to loud dance music as a large party came in. The music was pretty bad and definitely loud. Thank goodness it was during dessert only.Special Features:
- Reliably good food. AlwaysCLGdinerVIPDined on 9/7/2011Reliably good food. Always seems to be a noisy group whenever we dine there. Price fixe is always an excellent choice.Special Features:
- We went to Paul and Jimmy'sBBinSTLVIPDined on 9/1/2011We went to Paul and Jimmy's for a special occasion. The staff was great, the food timing was perfect and everything was delicious. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- A restfull place and excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2011Try Paul & Jimmy's when in Manhattan near Union Square it was a perfect and quiet place. After trying different options we ended twice in this beautiful place. Service was once perfect and the second time rushed. But at the end the food is wonderfull. Try the veal chop in any of the several ways they make it, and also the mozzarella and pastas are perfectly cooked. We enjoyed the wellcome by the owners and everything in this very quiet place in the Gramercy neighborhood is good.Special Features:
- It was a pre-movie meal soTheMurrayVIPDined on 8/12/2011It was a pre-movie meal so we sadly couldn't linger. Very enjoyable meal will return
- Great neighborhood find. WaiterEaterVIPDined on 8/4/2011Great neighborhood find. Waiter offered options for chicken special (on or off the bone, dark or white meat or both). The zabaglione is among the best I've had anywhere, light in texture but flavorful and not too sweet.
- Off the Beaten Path in GramercyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2011My wife and I were heading out for a nighttime cruise, so I decided to start out with a pre-cruise dinner. After reviewing Zagat's, I decided on Paul & Jimmy's. I went in with low expectations, to be honest, but we were pleasantly surprised. We started out with their version of baked clams and a caesar salad, both of which were delicious. For the main course, my wife tried the Veal Parmigiana while I had the Petto di Pollo alla Bolognese. Both meals were delicious; the veal was pounded paper thin and was very tender, while the chicken, which was bathed in a marsala and butter sauce and topped with prosciutto and mozzarella, was tender and juicy. We also liked that the dishes came with veggies instead of pasta. Overall, a great meal!Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2011The food was good but the service, while fast, was snobbish. The waiter could not figure out how to divide the check among three groups of people and made no effort to find out how to do it.
- Love this place. Have beenWaltVIPDined on 7/10/2011Love this place. Have been going here for years and it's always great!Special Features:
- Dated interior. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/1/2011Dated interior. Service was slow. Food mediocre. Won't be back.
- Nice place, I don't thinkCCNYCVIPDined on 6/28/2011Nice place, I don't think the waiter was thrilled with a table full of women and he wasn't particularly helpful or interested in checking in with us, but it was still a nice place and the food was fine.
- We had to ask for menus, theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/24/2011We had to ask for menus, the food was terrible, the bruschetta was on soggy bread and tasted like glorified tomato paste, the bolognese was so salty it was painful to eat. the serving size of the wine was the best part. it was a large glass.
- First time to this ItalianKipsBayDined on 6/24/2011First time to this Italian Restaurant. Nice local find.Special Features:
- Great food. Homemade pastaYummVIPDined on 6/22/2011Great food. Homemade pasta was delicious and they were happy for me to choose the type of noodle I wanted even though it was not on the menu!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/12/2011Very comfortable setting and great ambiance for a neighborhood Italian restaurant. Prompt service and food very well prepared. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We really enjoy this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/26/2011We really enjoy this restaurant. Staff have a sense of humor and I like that.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2011Went to dine here to start off a bachelorette party for my cousin. The food was great, the service was great. We had a wonderful time and walked out of there very happy.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/8/2011We went on Mothers Day so crowded & loud However the staff coped very well with everything. This is a wonderful Neighborhood restaurant with real Italian food. The chicken catchitori on The bone is the best ever! recommend for quiet evening, staff very friendly & knowledgeable About the cuisine!Special Features:
- i went with a party of 5.alisVIPDined on 5/7/2011i went with a party of 5. service was not great. i enjoyed my entree- the scallops. my guests thought it was "ok". that it was not enough food, and that it wasnt great. some had the pre-fixe which was a great deal if you liked what was on it. over all- it was fine.
- wonderful first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/23/2011wonderful first time experience at this neighborhood gem that has a proven track record of over 3o yearsSpecial Features:
- Get the Prosciutto and watermelonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/23/2011Get the Prosciutto and watermelon as an app...had the chicken and sausage as my main dish and it was awesomeSpecial Features:
- This was our second time atGOODSTUFFVIPDined on 3/25/2011This was our second time at this restaurant and the service is always professional and helpful.Special Features:
- An great accidental discovery!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/19/2011We LOVED Paul and Jimmy's! It was packed with charming older couples when our group got there, but they accommodated us easily and still provided great service. The food was great, and we all said we felt completely removed from new York while we were there (in a good way). I'd definitely go again!Special Features:
- I haven't been back to thisLeeS38Dined on 3/12/2011I haven't been back to this restaurant in 15 years. Well 14 of them I moved to Phoenix. But now that I tried it again after being in to NYC for more than 1 1/2 years, I didn't know what to expect. The food was exceptional. The wait staff was young. And though professional, it seemed that the orders were taken without any personality and were mindlessly delivered. When I asked which dish was good? Everything was. Which again was not the answer I was looking for. The Branzino was terrific and the artichoke appetizer was exceptional. We weren't served the complimentary 30th anniversary cordial which was a mistake since we knew about it when making the reservation.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/27/2011A wonderful dinner with great service and a fabulous wine. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Very tasty traditional ItalianThomasDined on 2/14/2011Very tasty traditional Italian food. staff friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- I lived in CHelsea for twentyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/22/2011I lived in CHelsea for twenty years and didnt know about this place! Fantastic real old world charm.Special Features: