The Rackhouse Pub
208 S. Kalamath St
Denver, CO 80223Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Rackhouse Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rackhousepub.com/
- Phone: 7205707824
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily 11am Until at Least Midnight Kitchen closes Mon-Wed at 10pm, Thur-Sat 11pm and Sun at 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Jayson Reynolds
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The Rackhouse Pub offers NO COVER live music Friday and Saturday nights as well as poker on Monday's Geeks Who Drink Trivia on Thursdays and other special events and weekly activities. Please check out the full Rackhouse Pub event calendar at www.RackhousePub.com.
- Special Events: Catch a tour of Denver's own Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey Distillery when you visit the Rackhouse Pub. Tours are Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm. Visit our website for more details.
A word from The Rackhouse Pub
Nestled in the bosom of Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey Distillery, the Rackhouse Pub tries to be as hardcore Colorado as our neighbors. Here you’ll find a hand-picked selection of Colorado beers, micro-distilled spirits, soda, meats, cheeses and local produce (when available). Our menu brings pub food to a completely different level with creative spins on old classics, as well as new creations that accentuate our unique bar selections. The Rackhouse Pub’s ”steampunk“ décor is created from used Stranahan’s barrels and the cedar beams from the original Stranahan’s rackhouse. You’ll often find local art gracing our walls as we support the Santa Fe Arts District and other local creative outlets.Continued
Kendra, Chris, Clarke & Jayson
Kendra, Chris, Clarke & Jayson
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Rackhouse Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food and drinks were great,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2013Food and drinks were great, we didn't care for the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating Among the BarrelsCyndiDined on 6/22/2013Rackhouse Pub is attached to the Stranahan's Distillery and although the tours were full on the day we ate, it was still a bit of an experience. The food is good and plentiful, although maybe not the pizza. The rack of ribs is huge and quite good. And of course a taste of Stranahan's whiskey is a must. Overall very fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Father's DayyummomDined on 6/16/2013As a fan of Stranahan's whiskey, the Rackhouse was a place we've been meaning to try. It was out of the way for us but Father's Day was a good special occasion to make the trek. The service was very good and the ambiance was what we expected from a pub inside a distillery. The food was pretty good but just a few details made it not worthy of another star - somewhat soggy buns on our burgers for example. They were also out of several items on the menu which was disappointing. The music was something a young head banger would pick out - very roucous but they did change it upon request. A nice background of classic rock or alternative local tunes would have seemed more appropriate. Overall, a good experience but not exceptional.Special Features:
- Fathers Day at Rackhouse PubLennoneDined on 6/16/2013My husband, my Father and I ate at the Rackhouse Pub for fathers day. I was told by a very good friend that the restaurant was fun and the food was good. Unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations. When we arrived we sat ourselves at a booth, we did not see our waitress for almost 15 mins. My dad was happy with his "Stranhattan", the food was okay, not awful, but not good. The worst part was the metal music, the acoustics are bad enough, with the metal music it was almost unbearable. Not the place for metal music, clientele was older "boomer" groups and young families. It honestly ruined my meal and negatively colored fathers day. I do not plan to return.
- Great Pup FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013We went here with a large group following a tour of Stranahan's whiskey distillery. The staff were very friendly and accommodated a change in time due to our tour. The food is GREAT! Mac & cheese in all forms is crazy delicious, all other meals were good too. Noisy and no atmosphere to speak of, but we're a group of friends that goes out every week and we all definitely would go back here again.Special Features:
- Great Pub FaredivadinerDined on 6/15/2013We were part of a large group of friends trying the restaurant for the first time. With all hard surfaces and a huge open room, I thought it would be too noisy to talk. Without loud, blaring music I could hear my friends across the table. Everyone agreed the food was really good, but for those who had it, the mac 'n cheese was a standout. They have a large and varied selection of beers and some interesting cocktails. My ribs were tasty and tender, not outstanding, but I'd be happy to order them again since I can't get to S. Carolina every time I want some ribs. The cornbread muffin accompanying your BBQ is usually just ok, but this one was worth eating all on it's own. Others had the portabella sandwich and thought it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIg Group - Big ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/5/2013I hosted a group of 15 out of town colleagues. We went on the Stranahan's tour and then had dinner at the Rackhouse Pub. I had not been to either one and neither one disappointed. The tour was great. About 45 minutes. Rackhouse had our table ready and were accommodating when our group went from 10 to 15. They had a great beer selection and lots of menu options. My pulled BBQ bison was a treat as was the side of Mac n' Cheese!! So good! And so rich! Another guest had the lobster mac - it seriously could have fed 3-4 people it was so much food. Also really good. The group overall loved the whole experience and found the food all around to be really tasty. My only ding would be initial service-beer took a long time and we had to request water.Special Features:
- Food was amazingPoffertjeDined on 5/12/2013Don't be fooled by the slightly offbeat location and the attached distillery: The food was superb. Ribs to die for, great selection of beverages, sides were unique and tasty across the board. Try this place out....You will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great, even on Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013We went here for Mother's Day and absolutely LOVED it. I always love the Rackhouse, but their Mother's Day menu was delicious and creative. The chef even stopped by to check and see how we like the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac and Cheese!TinaLoDined on 5/9/2013Wow. The best mac and cheese ever! I must have more. Great Whiskey, Great Beer and great service for our table of 15 which grew to maybe 20+. Thanks for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food, service, whiskey!30thBirthdayPartiersDined on 5/8/2013Thanks Rackhouse for hosting our rowdy party for 30! Food was great, service was great, and the whiskey never stopped flowing :) This seems to be my annual birthday party spot :) See ya next May!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks and RibsStuartDined on 5/3/2013The Rackhouse Pub is the place to go for great drinks, terrific food, and lively atmosphere. I have had their Stranhattan several times and it is certainly for the lover of the Manhattan. The Ribs were the perfect touch for a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the Beer and WhiskeyreganaDined on 4/28/2013Extensive list of brews and whiskeys. Unfortunately, they were out of a couple beers our group wanted to try. Food was tasty - in part to the addition of MSG which gave me a migraine later in the night. Menu touted Gluten-Free dough or buns. Again, they were out of these, which was a major factor in deciding on the Rackhouse. Since it was a birthday celebration, we all opted for a sweet. Again, they were out of the Brownies with Beer and Bacon, the choice of half our group. Rather than coming back to the table and relating this - they substituted a make-shift Chocolate Cream Pie consisting of chocolate pudding with graham cracker crust in an aluminum tin. I guess the wait staff knows better than we what dessert we prefer?
- If you had a category forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013If you had a category for IPA draft beer selection, I would rate it 5 stars. The food was fair. So I bumped up the food score from 2 to 3 stars.Special Features:
- Great food, but slow and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2013The food was amazing, but there was a very large crowd. It's a pub, a part of Stranahans building, yet the server we rarely found took over 30 minutes to get our drink order and bring a beer. If I go to a place with "pub" in the name, I'm assuming I have the beer in my hand before I can really look at the menu. The food took almost as long on top of that, and I found myself shouting to be heard by the person at my table. I don't know if they don't normally expect that volume of people on a Sunday evening, but I wasn't impressed with the service at all. The food was amazing, and the drink selection looked great. I would go back for the food, but I'd probably leave if it looked too crowdedSpecial Features:
- Great Gastro Pub. Great foodSarnoldVIPDined on 4/20/2013Great Gastro Pub. Great food and excellent beer and liqour selection. Make sure to check in on foursquare to get happy hour prices on drinks any time of the day. Mac and cheese is amazing. Get it at the very least as your side. You wont regret it.Special Features:
- We each ordered a burger atJafeyVIPDined on 4/5/2013We each ordered a burger at different temps- they both came overcooked BY A LOT!!!! Focus on trendy and not on the food clearly.
- The food? Excellent. YouOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013The food? Excellent. You gotta try the mac-n-cheese. The drinks? If you like whiskey, you're golden! They have a plethora to choose from. I had their version of a Moscow mule and it was good - they make their own ginger beer. Worth a try if this is a drink you like. The service? It was good...not great. Our waitress wasn't extremely attentive and she couldn't answer a lot of our questions. Next time I go, I think I'll schedule a tour and then eat/drink. We obviously didn't think through our visit.Special Features:
- great food, never dissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013great food, never dissappointed when there, not cheap, not expensive
- first and last timeShambaboyVIPDined on 2/16/2013We were there on a Saturday night and the place was packed. Our server was great, but the kitchen was dragging behind by about 45 minutes. It was 6:30 and they were already out of ribs & fried chicken. Food was mediocre to poor. The amita mac and cheese was so bad our kids refused to eat it even though they were beyond hungry due to the slow service. The lobster mac had mostly shrimp. I had the bison burger which was dry and tasteless. Appetizers and salads were ok, and the drinks and flights of whiskey were very interesting. It's a very noisy place (why not put up some sound baffles?), and it might be good if you have a large group, but forget about quality food, service or having a conversation.Special Features:
- Amazing Pub FoodcheffyVIPDined on 2/15/2013Best Pub Food in Denver. The chef is genius.Seafood mac n cheese is delicious.Special Features:
- Top notch food and ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/6/2013I'm not sure which of the features I like most about the Rackhouse Pub. Obviously near the top of the list is the FOOD - OMG! Everything I've had there is ammmazing! The Mac n Cheese is clearly one of the top items on the menu. The smell of whiskey from Stranahans next door is an amazing aroma and the bar and setup is both welcoming, quaint and just NEAT! There isn't much to it but I think that's what I like most about it. The drinks are on-par and the prices, while not cheap, are fitting for the kind of food you receive. The servers can kind of be scatterbrained but we have met the owners more than once and they have always ensured we were well taken care of. If you haven't been - go.Special Features:
- We had a group of 12 and everyonedineaboutDined on 12/15/2012We had a group of 12 and everyone was very pleased with service, food & price!Special Features:
- Good "American" menu -- burgers,BasilDined on 12/10/2012Good "American" menu -- burgers, wraps, sandwiches, fries, etc. Great selection of beers. "fun" atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food, good drinks, much noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012We are regulars at the Rackhouse, coming for a big group dinner, coming for trivia, or just coming for a drink. The food would probably be considered 'bar food', but I think it's much better. The mac and cheese is a must have. I generally get the whiskey chicken sandwich, but have strayed several times and have not been disappointed. It is definitely an energetic environment, so don't plan on hearing everything at your table.Special Features:
- This was our first experienceWKWHParkerDined on 11/30/2012This was our first experience at this restaurant and we loved it. Will definitely go back. Food was amazing and loved the pub smell and ambiance.Special Features:
- The food is amazing for aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/9/2012The food is amazing for a pub/bar! However, our waitress was clueless! Forgot our drink order. Didn't know the specials. Couldn't answer any questions regarding the menu. Didn't mention before we ordered that they were out of TWO of their biggest sellers: pork and beans (ribs) and prime rib, so we had to scramble to pick new items quickly bacause we had no clue when our waitress would return! All very disappointing because we really enjoy The Rackhouse.Special Features:
- Food was awesome, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Food was awesome, service was good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great place for pub food (burgers,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Great place for pub food (burgers, pizza, etc.) The mac-n-cheese is really good, try it in place of the fries for a nice side dish with your burger. The service wasn't the best, we had to ask twice for utensils after our food was delivered. One of us had a taste for prime rib, but it wasn't the best, too much fat and took too long to bring to the table. The manager was very understanding and took it off the bill. Overall I would go here again and give it another chance since the burgers and beer were outstanding.
- The waitress and bartendersSFinizVIPDined on 10/22/2012The waitress and bartenders did a great job at handling my large group of people.
- This is a pub that cares aboutDburke22VIPDined on 10/15/2012This is a pub that cares about its craft - great selection of beer and whiskeys, and attention to the menu.
- I've eaten at the RackhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012I've eaten at the Rackhouse twice now and everything has been very good. I think the highlights for me were the appetizer and dessert. We had the roasted marrow bones both times that we ate there, and both times they were generous portions cooked just right. The fig jam that comes with it is a very nice accompaniment. And the bread pudding for dessert was delicate, rich, and delicious. Had a nice cocktail (Stranahattan, and their version of the Sazarac). I actually ordered the Sazarac (brand) Rye whiskey straight up from the menu, but got the Sazarac cocktail--apparently, that used to be on their menu as well, so the bartender mixed it up. They made it right by brining out the drink I originally ordered, and I got to try something new.Special Features:
- The rackhouse has a good localOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012The rackhouse has a good local selection of colorado beer and does samplers of the beer. The Mac and Cheese was very tasty, but I was not impressed with the burger.Special Features:
- In the past my food at RackhouseKaraVIPDined on 10/5/2012In the past my food at Rackhouse has been outstanding. Friday night fell very short. I was very disappointed because I took my father out to eat, and we both had less than great meals. I really hope this was just a one-off.
- great food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012After sitting down our poor waitress spilled an entire glass of water on two of our guests. After that she was a fairly unattentive, but we didn't mind as the food and drinks were great.Special Features:
- The wait staff was delightful--coulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012The wait staff was delightful--couldn't have been better. We were in a large group of 12 and there were no issues. It was a fun evening in a unique setting. Full of flavor and energy.Special Features:
- Very loud-difficult to haveJeffVIPDined on 9/22/2012Very loud-difficult to have a conversation. Waitress was very distracted, service was marginal.
- Great food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/22/2012Great food and great service. The Rackhouse Pub is one of my new favorites.Special Features:
- The food is pretty good andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/21/2012The food is pretty good and the chef seems to take it seriously. Some items are good, others are sloppy messes like the quasi Ruben. The BBQ is good as are the beans. Dessert did not impress. Also, if you go on a weekend, parking could be a problem.Special Features:
- Service was terrible. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2012Service was terrible. Had a group of 12 and she didn't earn the manditory 18%. I don't care if triva nights are crazy busy, then put more peole on staff. This was a bachelor party and I had booked this place. I had to continually apologize to my friends because of the slow service. The food was spectacular but somewhat over priced.Special Features: