2808 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2148281981
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour M-F 4:30-7pm Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The Grape offers a variety of catering options for your home or office event. Whether a small, intimate dinner at your home prepared by Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher, a hors d'oeuvre & wine party at the office, or a 100+ person dinner buffet event, The Grape can accommodate your needs. Contact Courtney Luscher, GM, for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our intimate, private wine room can accommodate up to 28 people for your special event. Please contact us to discuss how we can make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Luscher 2148281981
- Special Events: The Grape caters! Call us for details.
A word from The Grape
Recognized as one of the most celebrated neighborhood eateries in Dallas for over 35 years, dining at The Grape is like stepping into a small European village. The monthly changing blackboard menu offerings, which have proven to be one of the elements of success, feature signature bistro fare as well as eclectic and contemporary creations. VOTED "BEST BURGER IN TEXAS" BY TEXAS MONTHLY MAGAZINE. Recently named "Best Brunch, Best Fries and Best Calamari" by Dallas Observer as well as "Best Neighborhood Bistro" by Modern Luxury Magazine and one of the "Top 8 Best Brunches in Dallas" by Dallas Morning News.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Grape - Best Restaurants in Greenville Avenue ›
The Grape reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (183)fit for foodies (157)romantic (156)special occasion (150)notable wine list (101)great for brunch (85)great for outdoor dining (73)hot spot (27)good for groups (24)great for lunch (16)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- We had not been to The GrapeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2008We had not been to The Grape in many years so we were very excited to get back and try it again. For the most part, we were not disappointed. One entree was overcooked (requested medium, arrived medium well) but salvageable and for extended periods of time during the evening our server could not be hailed (the old no direct eye contact trick), which is humorous when you know what an intimate dining setting The Grape is. Both errors were absorbed as we are pretty laid-back, low-maintenance types and a good time was had. Would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Their famous mushroom soupOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2008Their famous mushroom soup is as good as ever. Very little has changed despite new ownership, and that's a good thing.Special Features:
- We were entertaining a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2008We were entertaining a couple whom we had not previously known. At the conclusion of the meal, they said they liked the place and would add it to their list of special places for dinner.Special Features:
- The service was very poorOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2008The service was very poor and the food was okay at best. We went based upon the recomendation of one of the women that was with the group as she has loved this place in the past. However, this time the service was horrible and entrees were okay.
- It was a wonderful night.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2008It was a wonderful night. The cream of mushroom soup is the best we have ever had. The shredded lamb tartines were also a huge hit. We loved everything about the restuarant.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2008Everything was wonderful. I never order chicken at a restaurant but theirs was delish. The breast was moist and flavorful. I will dine there again.Special Features:
- I usually love The Grape.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008I usually love The Grape. This time, we were seated in a small room with a party of 14 at another table. While they were completely civil, they were clearly enjoying themselves, and my meal was deafening. I wanted a romantic dinner, and ended up shouting at my husband the whole time. Our server did well having so many people to deal with and the food was fabulous, as always. I do think that if they are going to have a table that large, the restaurant needs to be more considerate of the other diners. The room could have easily been converted into a private dining area for the party of 14. I wouldn't go as far to say my meal was ruined, but I don't like to go to The Grape only to wish my meal was over so I could leave to get some quiet!
- Awesome Restaraunt will return.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2008Awesome Restaraunt will return. Great Service very friendly. Food was made perfectly and had large portions. We will return.Special Features:
- The place was empty when weUnhappyDinerDined on 7/19/2008The place was empty when we got there and the service was terrible. Too many employees just standing around looking at you eat. Our waiter wasnt paying much attention and the food was not that good. It was over priced for the value. I wont be going back. Best thing we had there was the margarita.
- great long time family runOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2008great long time family run restaurant on lower greenville..we went with another couple and all enjoyed our meals
- Great anniversary place.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2008Great anniversary place. Romantic. Wonderful food. I had the Chipotle BBQ Salmon. It was amazing. Good wine selections. Our service was outstanding. Will probably become our annual anniversary place!Special Features:
- I was impressed by the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2008I was impressed by the atmosphere and service at The Grape. Our waiter took the time to answer all of our questions and provided a little history of the eatery and its wine selection. The table to staff ratio made the service quality unparalleled and atmosphere extremely intimate. The food was simply unbelievable!!! Every dish that came out of the kitchen had fantastic presentation, and was clearly prepared by an experienced chef. The Ahi Tuna steak was phenomenal the cut and quality was that of high end Sushi. The braised lamb "tartines" appetizer was phenomenal, and the bistro steak frites entree melted in your mouth! I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The Grape has been aroundTripMomDined on 7/16/2008The Grape has been around forever, but consistently provides a wonderful dining experience. The food is always excellent and the prices remain reasonable.Special Features:
- The menu items for the particularOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2008The menu items for the particular evening we dined at The Grape and the main courses themselves were not as good as they were during our previous visits. We hadn't been since the ownership changed and the food was definitely not as good as it always had been in the past. We still enjoyed ourselves and the evening, but were a little sad that it had changed from the fabulous restaurant it had always been.Special Features:
- Always a good experience andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2008Always a good experience and well worth the price. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- We had a reservation for 6:30,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/10/2008We had a reservation for 6:30, arrived early and since we were virtually the only patrons there, were seated early. We had a lovely time for the first 30 minutes or so until they seated a large, loud group right beside us and then it was hard to even hear my dinner companion who was 18 inches away. There were other 4 tops available we could have been seated at, I wish they had put a little more thought into things since I'm guessing they knew they were getting that large party in. The food was very good and the service quite adequate.Special Features:
- always phenomenal!!!! we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2008always phenomenal!!!! we have become weekly brunch visitors because it is so incredible. We have also made believers out of four of our friends, who now call the Grape "their new favorite plae for brunch". Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- The Grape is alive and wellOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2008The Grape is alive and well in the Lower Greenville district of Dallas. With new ownership and a new menu, The Grape was a wonderful place to celebrate our anniversary. The inviting, friendly, and "low amplitude" ambiance is easy to enjoy without dressing up or feeling pretentious. The food was excellent, and the service was attentive, but not overly so. We fully recommend the Grape for a celebration, or any evening out.Special Features:
- Disappointing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2008Disappointing experience. Long-time patron, but first visit since new ownership. Food was ordinary, nothing special.
- My fourth visit to the GrapeWarrenDined on 7/1/2008My fourth visit to the Grape and each visit has been a thorougly enjoyable experience. The staff is attentive and the food exceptional.Special Features:
- The Grape used to be better.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/30/2008The Grape used to be better. I did not like the change in the menu -- the food was somewhat ordinary.Special Features:
- There is only one word toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2008There is only one word to describe our experience at The Grape...perfection. Food, service and ambiance continually reinforce why The Grape is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- We liked it much better theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2008We liked it much better the last time we went. The menu is always changing so you take a chance on being able to find something you'll like. My husband and I had the special which was excellent but nothing else on the menu really stood out to us. The service is always excellent and we love the atmosphere there.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2008Everything was wonderful. I noticed a lot of customers are still calling online for reservations. On the bottom of the sales receipt, The Grape could add: "Make your mext reservation as opentable.com" I think this statement would decrease the amount of times the phone rings during the customers' visit. Overall, great experience. I chose the restaurant because I was looking for a romantic place. The romantic rating on opentable.com really helped me. I recently moved to the DFW area, so my knowledge about all the great little restaurants are limited. Thanks opentable.com and to the great staff at The Grape. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- This was my first time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2008This was my first time there. Although I am in Dallas at least twice a year, it was great to find somewhere that has a local feel, along with great food. I will take my business customers there again.Special Features:
- The tables were just a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2008The tables were just a little close togehter for our taste. However, the Father's day specials were great, the Bloody Mary's were outstanding and our waitress was excellent. we will definitely be back...MTSpecial Features:
- The Grape ALMOST won us over,DavePVIPDined on 6/14/2008The Grape ALMOST won us over, but we'll try again. 1st, the good: our entrees, the flatbread appetizer (don't miss it!),& the service were superb. We were seated exactly at our reservation time; the heirloom tomato salad served with one & the frites served with the other entree were fantastic. Now, the not-so-great: the onion rings served with my NY Strip were so salty as to be completely inedible; the salad served with my partner's entree was bland and barely dressed; & my coffee was served at room temp. The server seemed surprised and sincerely apologized for the snafus; they comped the dessert. SUMMARY: The "goods" were so great that we will try one more time soonSpecial Features:
- The chef made something specialSandraVIPDined on 6/11/2008The chef made something special to accommodate my husband's dietary requirement, and then came to the table to make sure everything was fine. How wonderful!!! We had given him advance notice, of course, but it was still an extremely kind thing to do. The Grape is much improved after their renovations with better lighting and an improved ambiance. They seem to have kept the best, but improved in other areas.Special Features:
- The food was great!! sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2008The food was great!! size of table a little small and the noise was more then i would like when eatting dinner but all in all very good!Special Features:
- Have never had a bad mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2008Have never had a bad meal there, and this one was no exception. On a very special occasion (our 25th), we went to our favorite restaurant and were not disappointed. Lovely service, great -- and creative -- food, and delightful evening.Special Features:
- Our dinner was very enjoyable,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2008Our dinner was very enjoyable, although we missed some of the variety The Grape has been known for -- for example, there was no duck on the menu, and The Grape often prepared a very memorable set of duck selections. The steak, which was the special, was good, but not as spectacular as the price would suggest, and at least one of the three steaks served to our table was a bit overcooked for the medium-rare request. On the plus side, the lighting seems to have become a bit brighter, and all four of us agreed that you got it just right -- it used to be a tad too dark.... We wish the new ownership all the best, and look forward to more meals at The Grape.Special Features:
- It was one of those mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2008It was one of those meals where every bite I put in my mouth was delicious.Special Features:
- Even though we had reservations,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2008Even though we had reservations, there were only tiny tables for two or large tables for 6 or more available to choose from. Thus, we opted for the outside patio where a four-top was available. It was a warm night, so it was nice that we were immediately provided with ice water. However, it was more than ten minutes before our waiter made his first appearance. We ordered cocktails that were delivered in minimal time. Then, we ordered appetizers, which took more than 30 minutes to arrive! I was on my second cocktail at this point and we had placed our entree orders. Another 30-40 lapsed before the entrees arrived. Although there were few diners, I could not understand the delay as we waited in temperatures in the low 90's. 2.5 hours wasted!Special Features:
- We've eaten at The Grape before,OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/5/2008We've eaten at The Grape before, and we will be back. I love how laid back the whole restaurant is, then you are wowed with excellent food and service. The cheese is a huge favorite of ours. Each time I've eaten at The Grape, I've had fish/seafood, and I've never been disappointed. I highly recommend this place. We are especially lucky as we live close by and can enjoy this venue regSpecial Features:
- I have eaten at the GrapeBGilVIPDined on 6/1/2008I have eaten at the Grape several times and this was not nearly as good as it has been in the past. Maybe because it was Sunday, I don't know. The waitress and I got off on the wrong foot because I asked her if we could shift to another table because the air vent was blowing on me. She told me that she couldn't turn up the air. Funny, I didn't ask her if she could raise the temp,I only wanted to move two tables away. It was 5:30 and we were the second table seated so far. She asked me later if I wanted another Cosmopolitan, I said no. She brought me one anyway and then apologized because she remembered then that I didn't care for one. Then I was charged for it. I probably won't go back, at least anytime soon.
- Have been there before - likeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008Have been there before - like the food and the atmosphere. Unfortunately, my husband got a little sick when we were done - maybe the crabcake was bad? Anyway, may not go back for awhile.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2008Great food, wonderful service. If you want fast food, go some place else. If you want to enjoy great food, and have time to visit with friends over dinner, then this is the place.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience...goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2008Wonderful experience...good waitstaff and delicious food. Definitely would go again.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2008We thoroughly enjoyed our evening. The food was fresh and extremely well prepared. The service was attentive and freindly. The staff very knowledgeable both regarding food and wine choices. Definitely a restaurant where you can go to simply unwind after a long week but equally good for a special night out.Special Features:
- Michael-Was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2008Michael-Was excellent and did a great job introducing the wines and food selections. She deserves a clear 5 stars... The waitress in the bar was also awesome, I apologize that I don't remember her name.Special Features: