2808 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2148281981
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour M-F 4:30-7pm Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The Grape offers a variety of catering options for your home or office event. Whether a small, intimate dinner at your home prepared by Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher, a hors d'oeuvre & wine party at the office, or a 100+ person dinner buffet event, The Grape can accommodate your needs. Contact Courtney Luscher, GM, for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our intimate, private wine room can accommodate up to 28 people for your special event. Please contact us to discuss how we can make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Luscher 2148281981
- Special Events: The Grape caters! Call us for details.
A word from The Grape
Recognized as one of the most celebrated neighborhood eateries in Dallas for over 35 years, dining at The Grape is like stepping into a small European village. The monthly changing blackboard menu offerings, which have proven to be one of the elements of success, feature signature bistro fare as well as eclectic and contemporary creations. VOTED "BEST BURGER IN TEXAS" BY TEXAS MONTHLY MAGAZINE. Recently named "Best Brunch, Best Fries and Best Calamari" by Dallas Observer as well as "Best Neighborhood Bistro" by Modern Luxury Magazine and one of the "Top 8 Best Brunches in Dallas" by Dallas Morning News.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Grape - Best Restaurants in Greenville Avenue ›
The Grape reviews from OpenTable diners
274 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (190)romantic (163)fit for foodies (155)special occasion (152)notable wine list (104)great for brunch (90)great for outdoor dining (67)hot spot (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- serviceJLukeDined on 7/19/2014Went to the Grape Saturday night. The food was good but our waiter was horrible. . We had several of questions being our first time there and he acted like we annoyed him. Poor serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grape was GreatNoComprendeDined on 7/18/2014Great food, great ambience, good service; disappointed that requested outdoor seating in reservations was not honored but otherwise a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicious!SMULawyerDined on 7/15/2014One of our favorite local gems! Always delicious, and I love how the menu changes (but the favorites are still there, too!).Special Features:
- The food. Oh god, the food.RareDinerDined on 7/13/2014Rarely have I found a place with such fantastic food. Went with the braised lamb tartines as an appetizer (sublime), and a fish entree (superb). My companion had the mussels (so tender, with a bit of a kick). The signature cocktails were delicious, and the wine list was terrific. 10/10 would go again.Special Features:
- Awesome !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We had heard about the burger voted best in texas .. we all ordered it and we all agreed it is the best !! Complements to the chef . Next time we are in Dallas will be going back . Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our favorite brunch spotljean6688Dined on 7/13/2014The Grape has a very delicious brunch. It is always delicious! If you're looking for a date night spot, The Grape is also great for that too. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2014Can I list the ways I love The Grape? Amazing food. Established restaurant in Dallas's coolest neighborhood. Supreme (and adorable) service. Cocktail/wine list to pair with the food. We came on the recommendation of Green Grocer Dallas and were delighted. Started with a couple of "mule" cocktails (think Moscow Mule, but with a touch of port), rolled into fried green tomatoes and some lamb slider thing that may have changed my life. Next up, Texas Butterfish and Salmon with Mustard. Both impeccable. Interesting sides, perfect portions (not too big). Finished up with roasted peach dessert. Go there now. Why are you waiting?Special Features:
- Excellence for every visitpdmorris324Dined on 7/11/2014I love the ambiance and incredible food here. I come here mostly on Monday nights for their burgers that are only sold on Mondays but we also come here for special occasions. This last visit we had friends visiting from Atlanta and they were VERY impressed (as we knew they would be). Service in the dining room and the bar are always top notch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousBeefcakeDined on 7/11/2014The grape is a great place for a date or a Sunday brunch. One of Dallas's best spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner before a showSpikedogDined on 7/11/2014Really wonderful food, beautifully presented - must try the mushroom soup. We were on our way to a show at the theater center so ate early. Great, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grape Never Disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2014Food is always creative and delicious. Perfect place to celebrate many different occasions or simply a dinner out with friends. The menu, with only the freshest local ingredients, changes seasonally. Wednesdays are a third off wine night which is a wonderful way to try some new wines or some of those that may not normally be in your budget. Service is warm and extremely knowledgeable. Looking forward to visiting again soon. Maybe a "wine and cheese chat" night, with the owner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long time institution in DallasBusterVIPDined on 7/9/2014This neighborhood restaurant has stood the test of time and constantly improves itself. Nice, wine cellar type atmosphere lending itself to romantic dinners. First time visitors MUST try their famous mushroom soup. It is one of the last remaining items from its early days; but we regulars insist it remain. It is wonderful. Portions are either 1/2 or full; depends on your hunger level. Service is relaxed and thorough. Always have had excellent meals here.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchDallasDinerDined on 7/6/2014This is a great spot for Sunday brunch. Everyone in our party raved about their menu choice. I had the Biscuits & Gravy which basically takes a classic southern dish and gourmets it up a bit... but in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy little restaurant!fmoldieDined on 7/6/2014Small intimate restaurant with fabulous mushroom soup. Sunday brunch had a varied menu of unusual dishes. We chose to go early because it does fill up quickly. Will definitely go back at some future date just for the mushroom soup. It definitely lives up to its reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful EveningStavmarDined on 7/5/2014The ambiance is quaint and the atmosphere is vibrant. Walking into the grape feels like walking into a small restaurant in NYC. Sometimes I like the tight feeling of a small dining room because it feels more personal. The conversation was happy among the many patrons in the space and the food was delectable. My wife and I shared all three plates we purchased, the melon mozzarella and vinaigrette salad were amazing as the season is going strong. We also shared broiled shrimp which had some great kick and a nice complement with the cool guacamole. We had the Chicken split and the portion was huge so i am glad we did. It was juicy with the white meat and the very juicy with the dark. We finished with a S'mores concoction that was rich/creamy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romanticwinedine69Dined on 7/5/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary, would definitely recommend. Not too fancy as far as dress code, which we enjoyed but still provides intimacy with your date.Special Features:
- will try againDallasdinerDined on 7/5/2014I think this place is probably great and we just hit an off night. They were still setting up the room when we arrived for our 6:00 pm reservations. Our waiter seemed very professional so I think he was having an off night because we never got the appetizer we ordered and he brought me the wrong salad dressing. One of us had the steak with fries and it was fabulous. I made the mistake of thinking I could make a meal out of one of the salads by ordering the larger portion...the "larger" portion is basically a small dinner salad portion on a large plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!RickyBobby1Dined on 7/1/2014Old time classic, great place to take a new date! It is fun, great food, and you can talk and get to know your date!Special Features:
- Not my best experience hereJellicleGirlDined on 6/29/2014First of all, I do like the Grape. And I have had a lovely Sunday brunch there, and dinners, when the weather was fine and we sat outdoors. This time I brought a friend who is in town visiting from France. We were seated inside at Sunday brunch. The disappointing thing is that it was VERY noisy. For me and most of my friends, that is a real deterrent, and I probably will not go for brunch again. Further the service was super slow, and we were an easy order... both of us started with a salad and waited ages on our frittatas. I thought the frittata was over seasoned and overdone. I will go back, but for dinner, which has never disappointed, and will hope to be seated outdoors.Special Features:
- Best burger ever!TC623Dined on 6/23/2014We went here for my birthday and my boyfriend got the burger (which apparently they only do on Sundays and Mondays). He said it was quite possibly the best burger he had ever had and after having a bite, I had to agree! The charcuterie plate and chocolate s'more style pots du creme were also fantastic! Next time we are definitely going to check out brunch.Special Features:
- Cold FoodMlwrn2bDined on 6/22/2014So disappointing. 10:30 Sunday brunch, not crowded, so why did our food arrive cold? The bisquit was cold-the whipped butter/margerine was solid on hops of each half. The chicken was cold-the shredded cheese had not even begun to melt. I can understand my son's waffle being cold as it was topped with strawberries drowing in whipped cream, but why was his bacon cold? The only thing that was warm was our Mimosa's.
- ExcellentfoodautomanDined on 6/21/2014I have not been to Grape in several years and upon returning find that it is just as good as always. I will not wait as long for my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fairOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014As a visitor to Dallas, this was my second attempt to visit Grape. The first time they declined to honor my reservation because we wanted to add one person at the last minute. We were given the rudest turn down I ever encountered. Second visit we were accepted. The service was disinterested and slow. Some good dishes, but certainly did not meet expectations. Sauces are an issue. The aged balsamic vinegar on the tomato watermelon salad, an otherwise lovely dish, was nothing but reduced mediocre balsamic which became tar-like and bitter. Sauce on the tournedos was likewise out of balance. The staff needs a talking to. Hint to waiter: don't roll your eyes and get annoyed when someone asks you for the price of the off menu special.Special Features:
- 12 year anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We went there for our 12 anniversary and it was amazing, the flavors were exquisite and the staff had a great knowledge of what paired well with our meal.Special Features:
- Always consistentHITEDined on 6/16/2014The Grape is always a nice retreat from Dallas. The ribeye center special was amazing.Special Features:
- Best Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I took my family here for Father's Day brunch. I had a reservation and we were seated immediately. They have such a wide range of options. The whole table enjoyed their meals (ox tail hash, biscuits and gravy, and cornmeal blueberry pancakes). Definitely recommend and will be returning for brunch and to try dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014The Grape is always a very good experience for us. We enjoy the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Perfect!BBrockDined on 6/14/2014The Grape is always perfect! Never a bad meal and always helpful, great service. One of my favorite restaurants in all of Dallas and I've lived here almost 30 years. My wife and I went here on our first date and always celebrate our anniversary at a The Grape. Look no further for one of Dallas's best restaurants!Special Features:
- Best ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014We have dined at The Grape often through the years, and this was our best experience ever! The food and wine were outstanding, and the staff handled my wife's birthday with just the right degree of specialness without being ridiculously cloying. While our service was wonderful, we were left alone to enjoy our own occasion. We live in Oak Cliff where we have many great restaurants and yet are more than willing to "go North" to The Grape.Special Features:
- DruHDined on 6/11/2014I have been going to The Grape for over 15 years and I have never had a bad meal there--many excellent ones. I have to admit my last dinner was disappointing in only one respect. I ordered the grilled halibut and received a very thin piece that was not center cut. It was tasty but not much quantity for the $28 entree price. Everything else was terrific.Special Features:
- Early frustration but decent foodSOCoppellVIPDined on 6/7/2014We were disappointed when we had to wait 40 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. As I expressed my frustration we received an apology from the manager, and when we were finally seated we were pleased to be given two free appetizers, which was a nice recovery. The food was good but not exceptional overall. The salads and desserts were excellent, while the entrees were just good. Service was uneven and the worst blow occurred when the bill came and we had been charged for the "complimentary" appetizers that they brought out when we were seated. The waiter removed the charge after a delay. Unfortunately a Dallas Cowboy was sitting nearby and the waiter spent so much time chatting with him that we evidently became an afterthought.Special Features:
- always fun...mm6brewDined on 6/7/2014we had a long wait even with our reservation. but the food was great and Sergio took great care of along with my toddler daughter...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience - As Usual!StevieDDined on 6/7/2014My wife have been here about 5-6 times over the past 10 years for special occasions and always walk away very happy (and full!). It was my wife's birthday and every single person who came in contact with us wished her "Happy Birthday" and there was a nice little card on the table with a birthday message. The highlight of every visit has to be the Mushroom Soup. We could eat just that and bread and be very content. Hoewever, the entree selections are also incredible. The wine list is great. The pace of the meal is perfect (not rushed). The menu is very thoughtful and unique and delivered with some style. You can't go wrong with the Grape!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make reservations.HermezDined on 6/1/2014Brunch is great, worth it. Valet park. And before you go make reservations, they sell out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Years of wonderfulGraperDined on 5/31/2014The Grape's service and food were wonderful as usual. I've been eating there since before the second dining room was added. I've never been a huge fan of it because the original dining room is so vibrant and the newer one is more subdued. I was offered inside or patio dining and I should have asked for the original dining room. I brought three friends for their first "Grape Experience" and they were very impressed so, I/it was a winner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad food/servicegocrazy77Dined on 5/31/20141. the waiter spilled wine on me while trying to clear some dishes. 2. braised oxtail was the worst ever.
- KenBKenBVIPDined on 5/30/2014As always, incredible food, great service, extensive wine list, country European ambiance. A top 5 for my wife and I in DFW.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming and Romanticdaisy8txDined on 5/30/2014The Grape is one place in Dallas where you can eat dinner with 100 other people and still feel like you are having a private, romantic meal. Part of it is the attentive but perfectly timed movement of the wait staff..but part is the angles of tables and the excellence of the foid, wine, and beer. We were able to celebrate our Anniversary "in a quaint Paris bistro" thanks to all these things! The wines, cheeses, fresh hot bread, delicious pork chops and awesome Grouper made our night. But Matt made it extra special with his caring and joyful manner. We will recommend to many a friend!!! The best part..well it was ALL good!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing this timeCalCriticDined on 5/30/2014Second time here. 1st was excellent. This time was disappointing. Grouper was a small portion and tasteless. Hanging steak was not all that tender as claimed. Maybe give it another chance, maybe not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2014I had the braised oxtail over polenta and it was delicious. Just the right amount of seasonings. The dessert menu is wonderful. We went there for our anniversary and it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.