2808 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75206Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegraperestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2148281981
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour M-F 4:30-7pm Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The Grape offers a variety of catering options for your home or office event. Whether a small, intimate dinner at your home prepared by Chef/Owner Brian C. Luscher, a hors d'oeuvre & wine party at the office, or a 100+ person dinner buffet event, The Grape can accommodate your needs. Contact Courtney Luscher, GM, for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our intimate, private wine room can accommodate up to 28 people for your special event. Please contact us to discuss how we can make your event memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Luscher 2148281981
- Special Events: The Grape caters! Call us for details.
A word from The Grape
Recognized as one of the most celebrated neighborhood eateries in Dallas for over 35 years, dining at The Grape is like stepping into a small European village. The monthly changing blackboard menu offerings, which have proven to be one of the elements of success, feature signature bistro fare as well as eclectic and contemporary creations. VOTED "BEST BURGER IN TEXAS" BY TEXAS MONTHLY MAGAZINE. Recently named "Best Brunch, Best Fries and Best Calamari" by Dallas Observer as well as "Best Neighborhood Bistro" by Modern Luxury Magazine and one of the "Top 8 Best Brunches in Dallas" by Dallas Morning News.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Grape - Best Restaurants in Greenville Avenue ›
The Grape reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (184)romantic (157)fit for foodies (152)special occasion (147)notable wine list (101)great for brunch (85)great for outdoor dining (65)hot spot (21)good for groups (20)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- DissappointedRestaurantWeekFanDined on 8/16/2014We took advantage of KERA's Restaurant Week (with kids in college R/W is a treat). This year we chose The Grape, not having been in quite a while. The service was borderline snooty (what a bore!). Their famous mushroom soup was ho-hum, we had the steak, pork loin and fish entrees, and except for the fish, the food was tasteless. The servings were small, even by european standards and the bread bowl was decidedly 'removed' after one refill. We are a small family so it's not like we came expecting a wheel-barrow full of food...I'm just sayin'. It's easy to get carried away with the 'glam' of haute cuisine & I think that's what happened. The dishes looked so good on paper but not so much on delivery and this year The Grape did not deliver.
- First visitTommyODined on 8/15/2014We visited The Grape for the first time during Restaurant Week. The food and service were both very good. We want to come back and see what else they have on the menu. Any critique we have is that the main dishes lacked a touch of flavor, not something you would expect during Restaurant Week. Perhaps mass producing a select group of dishes was the culprit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grape ExperienceMonalegalDined on 8/15/2014Dinner was excellent with one exception. The mushroom soup, a house specialty and favorite of mine, was tepid. That certainly resulted in less-than-stellar taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last of of the bestGypnickDined on 8/14/2014I have lived in the dfw area for eight years and am moving back home to Chicago. I have eaten there twice preiviously and could not leave without one last bite. I was lucky enough bring someone special there and she was in awe of the experience. Thank you so much. You are truly the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014The service is well above average for Dallas. The food is extremely favorable and the menu is varied. The wine pairings are spot on. Brian and Courtney do an excellent job of managing a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekBear1144Dined on 8/13/2014the dinner was a hit with our group of 4. It has been a long time since I visited The Grape, but we will be back as we would like to try the brunchSpecial Features:
- Always wonderful!LarHDined on 8/13/2014I have never had anything but fabulous food and a great experience at The Grape and our most recent visit was no exception. I don't know how they do it...year in year out. Interesting food, reasonable portions, smooth knowledgeable service.Special Features:
- all goodLikesVeggiesDined on 8/13/2014Even during restaurant week The Grape excels. We were being taken out to dinner as an appreciation by our 90 year old friend who doesn't hear well. THANK YOU for seating us in the wine room and keeping folks away from our table as long as possible. We did well in conversation until the 4-top next to us arrived, filling the room and the music was turned up (drat that). THE FOOD was fabulous... even with the reduced menu we each found something new and fun to try and for each course. THANK YOU for making this dinner and experience excellent.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekFoodLoverDined on 8/12/2014The Grape is a great restaurant, but the restaurant week 2014 menu was disappointing. The food tasted great, but the portions were incredibly small and not filling. I would recommend The Grape, just don't order off the restaurant week menu or you'll be going somewhere else after to get more food like I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiters Unfriendly, food overratedNoGrapesForMeDined on 8/12/2014Our waiter was slow and the overall service slow. Wine way too expensive. Food was okay but would never go back Waiters were not very friendly. Completely over rated. Wine list was good but the associated price was bloated beyond beliefSpecial Features:
- Will definitely be back!NJFoodieDined on 8/12/2014The food was outstanding - interesting menu and unique flavor combinations. Recommended wine pairings complimented the meal beautifully. Service was great - our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive (but not too attentive - knew when to approach the table and when to give us some space). Portion sizes were perfect in size - not too big, not too small. Dessert looked great, but could not eat it, was too full from the meal as I ate every last bite! The main restaurant was noisy and the tables very close, so we asked if we could move to a quieter table as we like a quieter dining experience (others may enjoy the New York style type of dining - lots of energy). The owner was very accommodating and moved us to a wonderful spot in the wine room.Special Features:
- Perfect mealRedMeatFanDined on 8/11/2014There is very little one could say even by way of suggestion to the Grape. The meal was simply perfect, and the service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local foodDallasDinerVIPDined on 8/11/2014We went for restaurant week and loved every course. We haven't been here in a while and we will definitely return soon. I had a beautiful heirloom tomato salad paired with a nice French white wine. My husband had the mushroom soup paired with a Pinot Noir. They both were fresh and flavorful. For the main course, my husband had the redfish and I had the bavette. The bavette was cooked beautifully and was very tender. I loved the polenta and the brussels sprouts petals were so tasty. My husband loved the redfish and he said it was cooked perfectly and the corn succotash was creamy and tasty. Again, the wine pairings were well done. We completed the dinner with beautiful desserts and yummy dessert wine. I'd love to go back soon!Special Features:
- Always a great meal!SusanB58Dined on 8/10/2014We have dined at The grape for years - through several chefs. Food is always top-notch. Service is usually very good. The changing menu, specialty cocktails, and fresh foods are what make us keep coming back. The mushroom soup, cheese tray, and mustard-crusted salmon dishes are our favorites. This place is hard to beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningBirthdayniteDined on 8/9/2014I was taking my boyfriend out for dinner on his birthday so wanted it to be special. The Grape was recommended to me & I now know why. The evening was perfect. We decided to use our waiter John's recommendations for our meal & wine selection. His choices were spot on. The fôod was excellent, the wine exactly suited to our taste. I wish I could remember the name of but the desert but it was an incredible chocolate & cherry mousse. Best of all was the amazing service we received from John. He made the evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even better than expectedNandDfromFloMoDined on 8/9/2014We loved the intimate setting of the little table in the corner. The food was delicious, and the portions were appropriate for us to enjoy even more without stuffing ourselves. We had the mussels (amazing!), Courtney's salad (light & fresh), the salmon and beef. All delectable!! Excellent service as well. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We found theBavette very toughSmoochesDined on 8/9/2014I knew neither Akaushi or Bavette. The waiter explained that akaushi was a breed of catttle combining Wagu and Angus. Although the meat had good flavor, I found myself cutting smaller and smaller pieces in order to chew it. I gave a piece to my wife for a second opinion and she was unable to chew hers either. Back home we researched Bavette and discovered that it is a French word for flank steak. I probbly wouldnt's have ordered it if I'd known. I claim ignorance on this one. If you go there stay away from the Bavette. Everything else was excellent.Special Features:
- The GRAPE is GREATclb22214Dined on 8/9/2014Classic Dallas eatery! The staff is smart and very attentive!
- Lovely nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014Love this wonderful neighborhood bistro. The food was terrific and the hosts and server were friendly and welcoming, and very attentive to our group's non-stop chatter, letting us enjoy the evening as if in our own kitchen and figuring out when and how to keep the meal going without unduly interrupting or rushing us.Special Features:
- Great foodAcskaterDined on 8/7/2014Great food using local, seasonal produce, fruit, cheeses, and fish. It was all very fresh and combination of ingredients were interesting and tasted great. Wine list is good and fabulous bread with the best butter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The GrapeluvtoeatDined on 8/5/2014The Grape is a gem for the Dallas fine dining scene. The new monthly items on the menu are fresh and creative. And very tasty. Desserts are wonderful - they make all of their ice creams and sorbets. Did I mention the chocolate terrine? Fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAlwayshungryDined on 8/2/2014The service was excellent! Brian was exceptional about the wine and food and pairings! We sat outside as the weather was wonderful (unusual for Dallas in August!) and had a wonderful time! We have been going to the Grape for special occasions for many, many years and we are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Dallas staple!CeCeDined on 7/31/2014Great food and great service since the 1970's. Fun area of Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday PartyBdaygirlDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant is very cosy and lovely inside. Our waiter was very attentive and happy to accommodate the vegetarian in our party. My Rabbit was delicious. The one complaint was that the steak, which was a special, was a bit tough. We enjoyed our dinner and will be back.Special Features:
- Dinning @ the grape2fordinnerDined on 7/29/2014We had a wonderful time. Mushroom soup was as wonderful as I remembered. Had a great Beef dish , my wife had the pasta dish we had a great time all was as we remembered ..Special Features:
- dedebelmontDined on 7/28/2014We were looking for a neighborhood place to celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary and we were really pleased. We have been Grape customers since the early days and even after a change of ownership it is still the best thing going on lower Greenville. Thanks for a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Great Food!RogRodVIPDined on 7/27/2014A friend recommended The Grape and it did not disappoint. The food is really good. The portions are pretty large. My eyes were definitely bigger than my stomach. Good spot. The restaurant is very small....very. Be sure to make reservations. Either way, you will be sitting on top of each other but the food is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for conversationAndyDined on 7/26/2014Took our friend that we had not seen in a very long time to catch up. Food and atmosphere was awesome. We were able to carry on a great conversation without raising our voices. Our waiter was very hurried (they were very busy) and we felt a little rushed by him. Overall, a great place to have a great meal, great wine and great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Wonderful!DallasLewVIPDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Saturday night and loved it. We used to go to the Grape frequently but it isn't in our neighborhood and we fell out of the habit. We now plan to return regularly. The black pepper Carpaccio was outstanding, the mushroom soup still amazing after all these years, the mustard covered salmon was perfectly cooked with crispy outside and medium rare inside. My steak frites was mouthwatering and the demi glace sauce memorable. The Stags Leap Artemis by the glass is an inspired choice. Quite busy on Saturday night but still a lovely ambience, excellent service, a bit on the noisy side. This is a truly great small restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SDTPDined on 7/26/2014Food was great and I loved that we were never rushed to order and move on…. We were able to actually sit and enjoy everyone's company while drinking great wine and eating great food.Special Features:
- Best Date NightDeliciousDallasDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I have gone to The Grape on our anniversary every year for the last 8 years. We LOVE this place!! The food is always delicious no matter what you pick. It's quiet - good for conversation, and the service is perfect.Special Features:
- Awesome drinks and foodFoodloverDined on 7/25/2014We had dinner at this place on a Friday night. We were stuck in traffic and getting late for our reservation. I called ahead and the staff was extremely polite and assured us not to worry. Upon reaching there we were seated immediately. Although I did not see big staff, the staff was very efficient and prompt. The cocktails were amazingly good and the presentation was great! The food was right portion and very tasteful. We will highly recommend this place for food and drinks topped with courteous service staff!I would recommend this to a friend.
- HSPSVIPDined on 7/25/2014We celebrated a birthday on Friday and have been eating at the Grape for over twenty years, but this may have been the finest meal we have enjoyed at this restaurant. The fried green tomatoes with lobster were a wonderful starter. The entrees were the sea scallops, red fish and the nightly special, beef tender with red wine and horseradish sauces. All superb. All of this was complimented by a wonderful burgundy.Special Features:
- Hoping for moreDineallthetimeDined on 7/25/2014Menu was confusing and offered nothing noteworthy. Dishes were a bit too creative for my taste. Chef should just keep it simple. Portions were small relative to the price. Atmosphere lacks warmth.Special Features:
- SpectacularKillerDined on 7/24/2014Thank you so much for the wonderful experience. I took a date, on her recommendation, for her birthday and let us say I was rewarded well for your wonderful food and ambiance. We had the Chef's, come as you are three course and were both extremely pleased with the food and wine selection. The butter poached lobster and akaushi filet were both spectacular. I will be back with my "next" date.Special Features:
- UniqueAnghoughVIPDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed the service the most. Our waiter was very knowlegable. My date ordered the scallops, which had a tomato based sauce and corn. He loved the flavor combo. I had the rabbit, which was tender, but had less flavor than expected. Would probably try something else on a return visit. Loved our caberner blend from Washington. Overall, a fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grape continues to impressDallasDavidVIPDined on 7/20/2014After several decades of dining at The Grape it continues to be a favorite. Had some business colleagues in town on a Sunday night before an early Monday meeting and wanted a casual but good dinner. The Grape delivered as always. The appetizers, wine and main courses were perfect. The July Branzino fish special has made it's way onto my last meal on earth menu. Pure perfection from this intimate and fun spot.Special Features:
- Better than ever!LucaDined on 7/20/2014My first visit to The Grape was 28 years ago.......it was my first date with my wife. It is still wonderful and romantic. This visit was just as good if not better than all those years before. We shared three different appetizers, Fried Green Tomatoes with Lobster and a tarragon broth, Carpaccio and braised lamb on French bread crostini. For entrees my wife had the Rabbit and I had the Scallops.....both were excellent!! I highly recommend The Grape for a first date or a 5000th date as well. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014We have been to The Grape several times now and have never had a bad experience. The food is always delicious and there are a variety of choices for the main course. The mushroom soup is always our starter as it is outstanding! We discovered "the wine room" for the first time on our last visit and it was perfect for our party of six. It was on a Sunday evening and we actually had the whole room to ourselves for most of the evening. The service was also excellent and the waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. If I had any complaint it would be the prices but it is worth it especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average. Not Great for brunch.GlblTravlrVIPDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant is very popular (I'm not sure why, overall the food and service was barely average) and therefore they cram an inordinate amount of people in a tiny space. Make reservations if you plan to go. We will avoid this place for brunch in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.