Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
524 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limon-sf.com/
- Phone: 4152520918
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Martin Castillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Fernando at(415)252-0918 for full details.
- Special Events: Please contact Fernando at (415)252-0918.
A word from Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
Top 100 Restaurants, best Peruvian food in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (52)good for groups (49)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Limon never disappointsGregBVIPDined on 2/15/2014Visited on Saturday night and the restaurant is extremely rocking, and the staff someone keeps up with all the action. The food is always very good, the ceviches are my favorite, large portions and the ahi tuna ceviche is top notch. The manager/owner Antonio works as hard as his friendly staff, making sure the guests are well taken care of. The Sangria is one of the better one's I have experienced at an American restaurant. Just be careful, you don't drink too much - it goes down very easy.Special Features:
- Great place!iLoveFoodDined on 2/15/2014A friend recommended this restaurant, and decided to visit with my girlfriend over the weekend. The service was great and the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. The food was tasty, and there were a good amount of tapas on the menu, the empanadas being our absolute favorite. There specialty drinks were a nice treat, as they are not items one often finds on other menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodLatingirlDined on 2/14/2014There is no much variety on the menu, but everything they have is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Good food and great service. Very friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limon, a Peruvian GemlivelovemanjaDined on 2/11/2014I have always been impressed with Limon, the ambience and the food quality the few times I have dined here. The cocktails are signature peruvian and give you a taste of the Peruvian roots, from a spirits angle. The food to die for. If you love seafood, prepare to be dazzled. The red snapper ceviche is my personal favorite. Also love the yucca fries. Lots of fish, meat, empanadas, and peruvian small plates. A unique blend of traditional and americanized. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the worstBiteReportVIPDined on 2/8/2014Can't say enough bad things about what used to be a respected restaurant. It is no longer.
- Birthday Celebrationkady61Dined on 2/5/2014My husband was celebrating a birthday and we flew from Phoenix to San Francisco for the day. I was looking for a restaurant that was different, as we are both foodies and Phoenix has limited options. I read a review of Limon and decided we should try it. I'm so glad we did! The food was absolutely delicious, service excellent and ambiance fun. The crowd was definitely young-ish, but there were some older people in the restaurant too so we didn't feel out of place at all. I highly recommend this restaurant and know that this birthday celebration will be one to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were being timedfoodie123Dined on 2/1/2014This place was really busy on a Saturday night and parking was ridiculous, so we were a bit late for our reservation. although the other half of our party was there, they wouldn't seat them until we were all there. However we didn't lose our reservation, but our waiter was rushing us the whole time and didn't even acknowledge us, when we tried to flag him down for some water. Then while we were finishing our dessert, the waiter came over and asked if the hostess explained about the time? We were like no.. He told us that a party was waiting to be seated and basically needed us to leave. Would I go to Limon again. NO! never. I have never been asked to leave a restaurant. How rude.Special Features:
- The best Peruvian restaurant in SF!SparkleBeautyDined on 2/1/2014Absolutely the best peruvian restaurant in SF! Everything tastes so good, from the appetizers, to the entrees, dessert, side orders, coffee, everything!! Great service as well!!Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Well PricedSlothDined on 1/24/2014Took my wife to Limon this past Friday and I was blown away by how delicious everything was. In particular, the meats -- both the half chicken and the flat-iron steak were cooked extremely well. The chicken is a must get as it is not only juicy and tender, but comes with 3 sauces on the side that you use to dip the chicken in. You also get two sides with your chicken. We went with the beans and rice, which was fantastic, and the grilled veggies. All of this for only $30! Honestly, this food was just as edible as most of the fancier restaurants we've dined in. Great food for a great value, who doesn't like that?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a favoritelisetteDined on 1/23/2014Stopped in for a Thursday night dinner. We had wanted to try Limon for years--now that we have, we were all quite underwhelmed. Food is just ok. Wine list quite weak. Atmosphere could feel a tad like a sports bar. The best of the evening in terms of food was the chicken with the side of rice and beans. The ceviche was one of the worst we've ever had.
- Delicious Food, Very NoisyAlanaDined on 1/17/2014The food was incredible and unique, service outstanding, and ambiance fit for the Mission District. My only complaint is the noise level - it was very hard to hear myself talk, let alone the 5 other members of my party. I would suggest going with a smaller group, just to make sure that you have a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2014I really enjoyed the food and ambiance. The lomo saltado was tasty and tender, the salad was fresh, the ceviche was delicious and the puff cream dessert just melted in my mouth. For a weekday, it was a busy dinner service and the wait staff seemed a bit pressured to move us along but they were friendly and courteous throughout the entire dinner. If you're looking for a local restaurant to bring family and friends, this is a great location. I'd recommend you make a reservation, otherwise the wait can be quite long and they don't have any wait seating area. Go with an appetite, be open to trying new dishes and enjoy with one of their great wines or cocktails!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Better ServiceAdamfromBerkeleyDined on 1/14/2014Came on a Tue evening, and was seated right away. My girlfriend and I asked to move to a corner booth and were accommodated right away. Drinks were very good, especially the Pisco Sour, though fairly expensive. The lomito saltado and chicken were very good and arrived quickly. Service was efficient and friendly. Dessert menu was a little disappointing and we ended up not having any.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!MrsTomDined on 1/14/2014We met for a late family Christmas dinner on a Tuesday evening. We were seated immediately with our reservation. The service is excellent and all worked as a team. The rotisserie chicken was perfectly cooked and so delicious! One of our favourite dishes! We like to order several small plates and share them around the table. This is the perfect place for this! The yucca fries are always delicious and the truffle mac & cheese is creamy and rich. We had one of each dessert and again shared. There was plenty of food for 6 and the vegetarians were happy too! I like the atmosphere with the dark wood and lime green booth area. A wonderful dinner, with excellent service and at an excellent price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SammycatDined on 1/14/2014I've been to two of the three locations of Limon and love this one the best for the ambiance. Both of the locations serve exceptional food and the wait staff are so attentive. You know the food is excellent if Panda (Pablo Sandoval of the SF Giants) goes there. They even have his signed jersey up on the wall! This is definitely a neighborhood gem and I frequent this establishment at least three times a quarter and would go more often but we are so busy at work!Special Features:
- Not good servicescoastDined on 1/11/2014The restaurant was packed and not good for conversations People kept looking at us to leave or checking in a way that Made us feel unconfortable like they wanted us to Get rid of us
- Not haute cuisine, just gooddiner99VIPDined on 1/10/2014Not haute cuisine, just good food in a pleasant environment. I'd forgotten how good chicken can be until I had it here.
- We had heard good things aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013We had heard good things about the restaurant an were not disapppointed. Good use of space but perhaps this contributes to the more than moderate noise at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's the chicken!NorCalSalDined on 12/29/2013My family loves the restaurant, and the chicken is especially amazing. Great place to take friends and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was visiting my son in SF,CindyDined on 12/24/2013I was visiting my son in SF, and he recommended this as one of his favorite restaurants. We enjoyed what we got...he loved the lomito, and I, the ceviche mixta. Four small plates was just about enough for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food , not for special occSFFoodiegirlDined on 12/22/2013My family and I went there for my birthday. It was indicated in the reservations via open table. There was no birthday greeting of any sort. Minimal attention was given to our table. Went without water for 20 minutes. Never asked how the food was. All the staff was very laid back and there was a lot of socialization amongst them. Went elsewhere for dessert and coffee. The food and ambience offset the poor service and for those reasons only I may return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food, hate the rushingFoodLoverDined on 12/21/2013We love Limon & come here often, usually 4-6 of us. We always make reservations, & this time it was an early one. Unfortunately this time was our worst experience with them - not the food (that's always great & so are the cocktails!). We had every waiter in the place, including the manager come by starting about 45 minutes after we sat down - with food still in our plates & forks on their way to our mouths - and absolutely harass us with "are you done", "can I take the plates away"....& on and on. There were no less than 6 of them that did this, & kept doing it, even though we kept telling them we are still eating, we are still in the middle of our meal. When you pay in excess of $200 for 4 people, you should be allowed a leisurely meal!!Special Features:
- Limon not a lemonFoxyFueDined on 12/20/2013Great food, chicken super moist, awesome sangria even glass removed before finishing it:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th time and still greatnaninniVIPDined on 12/18/2013I had the sweet potato fries - really wonderful. like them better than the yuka chicken great as usual- friend had the steak and it also was very good and would recommend it for meat eaters Service is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, great servicecfboydDined on 12/17/2013the food was amazing. it has been every time i've been here. the staff was friendly, appropriately attentive, and quick. the atmosphere is good. it gets a little loud but we were seated next to a table of 6 out for a birthday so thats to be expected.Special Features:
- Awesome restaurant and a favoriteGatorDined on 12/10/2013Awesome restaurant and a favorite of my girlfriend and I. Food is fantastic. FYI, the half chicken with a couple of small dishes is more than enough to feed two people. Corkage fee is only $15 so bring your own bottle as well.Special Features:
- The food and service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2013The food and service was excellent - the food came out almost too quickly - didn't get to enjoy a longer dinner and talk.
- Table reservation was readySeahawkDined on 12/5/2013Table reservation was ready early. Waiter was knowledgable and very helpful. Everything was very tasty, hot, nice presentation, and served quickly. Can't beat the price for the quality of food. Definitly coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub par servicelosttogobagDined on 12/4/2013The server was bad at refilling the glass of water. My glass was empty after the first 10 minutes but didn't get a refill until ~30 minutes later. I asked clearly to have some of my food boxed to go. After waiting 20 minutes, I realized that they had thrown away my food. But, they didn't actually acknowledge this fact. Nope, they just asked me what it was as if they were trying to find it in the back. Then, gave me a replacement piece of chicken. They didn't replace the things that I didn't mention when they quickly asked. All in all - it seemed like I should have just asked for a box to pack up my own things because they weren't competent enough to do it for me. Especially since I already gave them a good tip while waiting.....Special Features:
- 3rd time go to chicken placenaninniVIPDined on 11/24/2013I'm so glad we returned. last time I went at night and too noisy for us but we got there at 530 and they honored our request for a quiet table- the chicken was still great - had the whole chicken this time -usually only eat dark meat but the white was also great. Will be back perfect place for after a matinee -also the service was outstanding!!!Special Features:
- visiting SF, a must stoppepeDined on 11/24/2013I was on a quick trip to SF and decided to stop by on my way to the airport on Sunday at noon. Great atmosphere, the food was delicious and the bartender very friendly and quick getting everything I needed (guy from Spain). Will go back on my next trip to the west coast for sure.Special Features:
- Great HostPinksterDined on 11/23/2013Restaurant was very busy and 1/2 our party was late. Host still sat us and our food was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Fast For GoodRegularDinerDined on 11/22/2013We all have eaten at Limon before and over the years the food has gone downhill and the service is way too rushed. We asked to have our dishes coursed out and within five minutes of ordering everything arrived at the table. The servers were clearing dishes before we were even done with them. All this rushing and no one was waiting for our table! Within 40 minutes of arriving we were done!! It was a very rushed dining experience, the food is not nearly as good as it used to be, the chicken was nothing special and the Lomo Saltado was all onions and potatoes with little meat. This used to be one if my favorite go-to restaurants, but it's just too fast with mediocre food to go back. There are too many good SF restaurants to go back to Limon.Special Features:
- Terrible service kills good foodYikesDined on 11/21/2013First time at Limon. Had a reservation for 3 people. We ordered 2 cocktails each plus multiple entrees and small plates. Food was good, ambiance was great...service was terrible. FIVE separate staff members and the owner (I assume) interrupted us at 3-4 minute intervals all night, asking the same couple of questions. The interruptions were annoying but funnyish--until we realized they were aggressively trying to get us to leave. Our server actually said: "could you hurry up and pay? I have to leave soon." A server on dinner shift has to leave at 8 pm, but the restaurant is open until 10? Is finishing an expensive dinner with drinks in well under 90 minutes really egregious customer behavior? WOW. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone.
- Chicken, Pisco Sour FTWBillVIPDined on 11/14/2013The rotisserie chicken and Pisco Sours are to die for. Food comes quickly, staff are friendly and informative. Reservations really needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They dont accept AMEX!DaveDined on 11/5/2013This was a dealbreaker. So I told the host to cancel our reservation!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limon ValenciaRassDined on 11/3/2013I came upon Limon on Valencia almost by accident, but the menu looked interesting, so we went for dinner on a Sunday night. The menu IS interesting, the food WAS interesting and VERY good (the yucca fries were a bit surprising). But don't go there if you want dinner and a quiet conversation. The place was packed and extraordinarily loud, which put a damper on conversation across the table. The Peruvian menu is terrific, and I would go back--but would try to keep my ears closed and keep conversation to a minimum--it's a workout. Our server was just terrific amidst the din--can't recall his name as I write this, but his attention and personal demeanor were just about as good as it gets. These people know how to operate a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bustling roastedsuvoriqueDined on 11/2/2013yummy food: everything from their famous chicken (must have when you're there!) to all small cold and hot plates (great seafood, beef something-sometging etc) - seriously this is a place where I wouldn't be afraid to order just anything because it's so good! aaand their sangria is just the way it should be: intense but not overwhelmingly, fruity but not a compot - my always #1 choice for drink here though cocktails are great too! It's quite noisy (or I'd say really happening) - perfect for a small group dinner where you can still hear each other:) Well, you know what: would perfect for a date too!;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent PeruvianIspykaiVIPDined on 10/29/2013Food was a bit salty but prices were nice and low. Service was good. Ambience was affected by how loud the restaurant was. I was first seated on the second floor where there were several large parties and the ceiling was lower but I thought that the noise level was too high for my friend and I to talk to each other in normal voices. So I asked if they could stay us downstairs, which they were able to accommodate but it was right by the open kitchen. It was still loud but much better than the second floor. They should install some noise absorbers in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.