Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
524 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limon-sf.com/
- Phone: 4152520918
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Martin Castillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Fernando at(415)252-0918 for full details.
- Special Events: Please contact Fernando at (415)252-0918.
A word from Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
Top 100 Restaurants, best Peruvian food in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (55)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (38)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (10)great for brunch (6)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- We had lunch and were theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2010We had lunch and were the only ones there! The service was good, food was great, and the noise level was fantastically quiet as it was pretty empty. Good experience, I'd go back!Special Features:
- My cousin and I ate here onOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/28/2010My cousin and I ate here on Peruvian Independance Day. We decided to sit at the bar for dinner. The bartender (who was also our server) was very nice and patient while we asked all sorts of questions about the menu. We started with the Tiradito de Pescado which was delicious. The empanada de carne filling was a combination of sweet and savory in a really light dough. We just had to try the Lomo Saltado (steak over fries), which was good, but not the best we've ever had. Overall, a great dining experience. Excellent service, good people watching, decent menu with lots of options for everyone (even vegetarians), and strong drinks!Special Features:
- So disappointed. I guess thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2010So disappointed. I guess there is new management, new chef? The food is not what is was when this place opened years ago. Too expensive.
- We had a wonderful meal. WeMLCMVIPDined on 7/26/2010We had a wonderful meal. We had several different dishes and loved the various tastes and flavorings in all of them.Special Features:
- Completely a last minute decisionOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/26/2010Completely a last minute decision to eat out in the Mission. Chose this location based up availability found on Opentable. Made the reservation on OpenTable mobile while driving (I was the passenger of course). It was 6:20 and made the reservation for 6:30pm. Thanks to Open Table we had a fabulous dinner at Limon. Will definitely be coming back to this location.Special Features:
- Noise was so loud we couldn'tRay1Dined on 7/24/2010Noise was so loud we couldn't enjoy the food. This is the first time we left a restaurant because we couldn't tolerate the noise. OK if you like yelling.
- Service was spotty and ourTraymkDined on 7/21/2010Service was spotty and our main server never cracked a smile even though it was my birthday. We seemed to have two servers who were unaware of each other? The restaurant was so loud we had to shout to be heard at our small table of four, dessert was not worth ordering again.
- I have eaten lunch and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2010I have eaten lunch and dinner at Limon many times prior to it reopening. I also frequent the Limon Rotiesserie on South Van Ness. But this lunch on Valencia was very, very disappointing. The Pescado Limon tha both my guest and I had was extremely over salted and not as good as before. The chef clearly added too much salt to the spinach and everywhere else in the dish. I should have sent it back but didn't want to make a scene with a guest in tow. The place was near empty and this may be a reason way.
- wonderful wines & excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2010wonderful wines & excellent service-can't wait to return!Special Features:
- This was the first time thatOaklandFoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2010This was the first time that we have eaten at Limon since it reopened after the fire. We had eaten at there - both at the location that burned and the first small location - many times; we enjoyed it very much and recommended it to many friends. We were disappointed in the menu this time. It seems that it has become more "generic" and has lost the Peruvian touch as we remembered and enjoyed so much. We're hopeful that Limon will return to a more authentic Peruvian menu.
- I was really looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2010I was really looking forward to Limon's re-opening. I have been there 3 or 4 times since and have not been as impressed as before. The Ceviche Limon portion seems smaller, the empanadas not quite as crunchy, the chicharones de pollo dry, the lomo saltado smaller and its flavours not as subtle as before and the grilled steak was more than ordinary... Can't quite figure out why the food has lost its "Waow factor" but I wish Limon got their groove back because it had been my favorite restaurant since their opening up to the tragic fire.
- We went for Sunday brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2010We went for Sunday brunch. Though we had a reservation, we had to wait for 30 minutes to get seated. Service was very slow. It was my friend's birthday outing, though it was mentioned ahead of time, received no recognition to it from the waiter. This place is obviously under staffed. Only two waiters were covering 15-20 tables at that time. Their labor was probably maxed out for taking and filling the order,mixing cocktails, etc...so no room left for attentive service. The food, Ceviche, omelet, Emponado Vege. , are fresh and good. Any forms of cake were available at that time in the desert menu...mmm!!??? Perhaps if we dine on Tuesday night, we could get decent services.
- The food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2010The food and the service was excellent! I would definitely go back, and also tell others about this great Restaurant. I had been waiting for them to re-open after their re-design. I finally made it there..and they really did a beautiful job in the whole new design of their restaurant.Special Features:
- I took my husband here forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2010I took my husband here for his birthday. We had a quiet table for two in the mezzanine level. It was very nice and quieter than down below. We were able to linger and enjoy our meal. Food and service were excellent! Presentation was also excellent! Wait-staff were very nice and not nosey. We appreciated that. THANKS SO MUCH for an enjoyable evening which was what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Great food. Loved the housemadeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2010Great food. Loved the housemade sangria. Server's knowledge of wine and the menu was a bit off but otherwise a great experience.Special Features:
- First time at Limon. LovedMosleyDined on 7/16/2010First time at Limon. Loved it. Service was prompt, helpful, cheerful, and non-intrusive. What more could you want? Great wine recommendation from the server. Best ceviche I've ever had, definitely. Will be back with friends based on our experience.Special Features:
- It was my first time diningJaidenDined on 7/14/2010It was my first time dining in Limon. The service was spectacular. The food was good, portion is fair (if you're not a big eater). I took a few out-of-the-country friends to dine in Limon, telling them that Limon has good reviews. However, we were a bit disappointed that the food was very Americanized. Aside from the ceviche and the espenadas, the other dishes were not very Peruvian. I have better Peruvian food in Bernal Heights.Special Features:
- one of my favorite placesNatZDined on 7/13/2010one of my favorite places to dine in SF, awesome sangriaSpecial Features:
- We had a reservation but thereOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/10/2010We had a reservation but there was not a table ready for us when we arrived. So, we were happy to park ourselves at the bar and enjoy a carafe of sangria while we waited. We were caught up in talking and didn't realize that 30 minutes had passed with no communication from the hostess. When we went over to the hostess stand, it was clear that we'd been forgotten. What is the point of a reservation? The food was pretty good. The best part was the ceviche sampler; Ceviche Nikkei de Atun, Ceviche Limon, and Ceviche de Camarones. The Ensalada de Vegetales was disappointing; bland vinagrette and an odd mix of veggies. We selected Pargo Rojo for the main tp share, it had a fun presentation and tasted fine. Too full for a sweet treat at the end.
- Dining experience was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2010Dining experience was really good. Except with the shocker I got a week later after being over charge in my credit almost giving me a heart attack! And when speaking to the manager he was apologetic and assured me he was going to fix it, but the damage is done. Wont be coming there any time soon or ever.Special Features:
- sitting upstairs felt likeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2010sitting upstairs felt like being banished. too dark. holes in the walls. chair not comfy. prices inflated. wouldnt substitute the mashed potatoes for anything but rice (so i paid an extra $6 for vegetables). roast chicken delish but coating way too salty. wouldnt return unless someone paid for me.
- I loved Limon. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2010I loved Limon. Everything that we had was delicious and the waiters could not have been better!Special Features:
- We were a party of 5 withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2010We were a party of 5 with a reservation on a Friday night at 8 PM. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated promptly, upstairs at a high table. The restaurant was moderately full and the noise level was high. The services was good and extremely fast. The busing was excellent. The food was very good but not extraordinary. We had wine, a mango mojito, cava, the special lobster ceviche, fish ceviche, empanadas, Lomo Soltado, deep fried fish and desserts. The cost was reasonable. We enjoyed the meal and will consider returning.
- Our service was good (waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2010Our service was good (waiter and wait-staff assistants made it all happen quickly), but our food was too salty for our taste. Even the plain white rice was very salty. We tend to run into this habit of chefs over-salting in the better restaurants, so perhaps we just under-salt here at home compared to everyone else. Not sure, however, we don't run into this problem at friends' houses, so I suspect some restaurants tend to over-salt, unfortunately. Salt-lovers should go! Good menu & great ceviche.
- Had an excellent experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/1/2010Had an excellent experience. First return visit since the flood. Glad to have them back.Special Features: