Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
524 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limon-sf.com/
- Phone: 4152520918
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Martin Castillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Fernando at(415)252-0918 for full details.
- Special Events: Please contact Fernando at (415)252-0918.
A word from Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
Top 100 Restaurants, best Peruvian food in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (52)good for groups (49)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- FabulousDinerDined on 6/22/2014Each visit to Limon has been great. AMAZING food, servers are friendly, fun and helpful. Love the menu, though it is hard not to choose the chicken each time because it is so good. Lively environment, a bit loud- not a quiet romantic spot.Special Features:
- good food but NOISE is oppressiveserve2allVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great chicken, nice drinks but ear damage may occur if you go on a Saturday night. My head ached for days!Special Features:
- AmirynnVIPDined on 6/15/2014After all the hype, I was expecting much better food and service. My cocktail were decent, and the food was okay. Our server was even as attentive as he could be, considering that he had to keep an eye on tables upstairs and downstairs. However, my food was forgotten in the kitchen and came out 20 minutes after my friend's meal. Admittedly, this may color my experience of my meal (though I had thought hunger would be the best spice?), but I found it unexciting. My Yucca fries were bland and unseasoned, the sauces where unexciting and a little to heavy on the cream/mayo. The chimmichurri was aji-verde without mayo. The salad had nothing to give it any pizzaz, and the panna cotta was uninspiring.
- Service leaves a bit to be desiredDisappointedDined on 6/10/2014The food is always excellent but the service is really a hit or miss. I was in on Tuesday this week and, while it wasn't extremely busy at the time we arrived for dinner, it seemed like the tables full of ladies in our server's section were the ones getting all of the attention. We (a couple of guys) sat in a corner for the majority of the our time without much service. We waited too long to order our food. We would have ordered another drink had he returned. We would have ordered dessert... Our server was just to busy chatting it up. We waited about 15 minutes from the end of our meal until we were even able to get our check.Special Features:
- Too noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/4/2014I love Limon rotisserie and have no complaints on the food or service, but I will always go to the south van ness location in the future because the Valencia location is deafening. They need a few soft services to absorb all that "energetic" sound.
- Great food, need authentic dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014As a peruvian I highly recommend Limon, the pisco sours are refreshing and the food is authentic. The atmosphere is just what you would encounter in Peru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All delicious!onthewallDined on 5/30/2014We had a party of seven. The waiter was efficient and great. The food was varied and delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic FlavorsiwanttolickmyplateDined on 5/25/2014Flavors emanating from this kitchen always have my my taste buds dancing. Our consistent favorites are the Lomito Saltado (sliced steak tossed with french fries is even better than it sounds), mixed ceviche, and the rotisserie chicken. It all sounds simple enough but magic must be one of their secret ingredients because that's the only way to explain the fantastic flavors that come from such pure ingredients! Oh and the sweet potato fries are cooked just that extra little bit that gives it crunch and depth of flavor! Its a bit noisy; the service is efficient and friendly just don't go expecting any coddling or lingering conversations. If you want food that will make you sit up and take notice don't hesitate to eat at Limon!Special Features:
- Good value.RysiuDined on 5/18/2014Nothing special, decent food at reasonable prices. Food was served not necessarily as it should. For example ceviche was served last even though we ordered it as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Return to LimonunpretentiousDined on 5/17/2014My family has gone to Limon for special occasions for about ten years. The food is still great. I'm never going again on a Saturday night, though--the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Consistently high qualityBurghardtVIPDined on 5/17/2014I had two guests who never had Peruvian food before. One was a shy eater who didn't like seafood but actually enjoyed the ceviche. Her other half raved with every bit. "oh m god these tastes are so alive and delicious". That should be their motto. The service, as always, we terrific. Many higher end restaurants could learn a lot from the choreography of this dance troupe, couldn't be better.Special Features:
- Good food but very noisyRepolhoDined on 5/15/2014Our group of 6 ordered different things and enjoyed them all. What we did not enjoy was the noise level upstairs where we were seated which made it impossible to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super good!Shelzz16Dined on 5/13/2014The chicken is obv good and the sauces that come with it and the vegetables!! were both more than good. The vegetables were actually extra delicious!! Also had the mixed ceviche which was also more than good. Sangria good. The restaurant was a little hot inside though. We sat in the back so it was less loud, front was pretty loud. Our waiter kind of kept disappearing but others took his place. I would def go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rotisserie chicken is deliciousGregDined on 5/11/2014Really good chicken and the dipping sauces are deliciousSpecial Features:
- JBHIIVIPDined on 5/11/2014This particular Limon restaurant never fails to deliver.Special Features:
- Good Food but Too NoisyQuietCoupleDined on 5/11/2014We were seated between a family and a couple obviously in the very early stages of dating. Both parties were loud, one speaking strident pitched Spanish. The dating couple with their high pitched, rocket fast banter between them. I even teased with my husband, mimicking the woman, "bah-bah-bah-bah-bah," but she was so self-absorbed that she didn't even notice. Perhaps the only relief we had was that everyone was speaking in foreign language so at least we weren't forced to absorb the content of either conversation. Limon has a small but very good menu and they really know how to grill chicken. The meat was tender, fall off bone delicious. We rarely go out to eat in this pricy town but will look for a quieter venue next time we go.Special Features:
- So FlavorfulMexFoodieDined on 5/10/2014The beef tongue dish was outstanding, so tender and flavorful. Although the Lomito Saltado was too salty this time, but I'm not deducting any stars because I've had it before and its been one of my favorite dishes there. We had one of each of the deserts and they did not disappoint. My only wish is that they would make their own Chicha Morada drink fresh, every other Peruvian restaurant I've been to makes their own and is far better than the bottled one that Limon offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!ProfYumminsDined on 5/9/2014Went here for mother's day to reminisce on when we traveled to Peru. Started with Pisco Sours and got a pitcher of Sangria for the rest of dinner. Drinks were well mixed and just the right balance of alcohol to flavor. The rotisserie chicken wonderful. Very moist, thoroughly cooked, great seasoning, and the 3 sauces that come with it all had a great variety. The tuna Ceviche was delicious and came with crackers, though it wasn't an incredibly exciting palate, it was high quality stuff. The Ceviche mixto was incredible, great mix of flavors and textures and really topped off our dinner. Service was fantastic without being overbearing and the manager came to our table and had some great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you don't Peruvian...VCplannerVIPDined on 4/25/2014You are in for a real treat at Limon Rotisserie! This is my "too many to count" time coming here for dinner. This time it was with a group of female colleagues to celebrate and we had a fantastic time. The food is delicious, approachable and fun, as is the staff! Don't miss out on Limon RotisserieSpecial Features:
- Too Trendy by HalfNavkaDined on 4/22/2014Lots of small portions of cleverly conceived dishes. However, the food was greasy and overcooked--probably because the place is so popular that the cooks have prepared lots of dishes in advance and scooped them up and on their way out to tables in a rush. This place is way too crowded for comfortable dining. We could easily reach the dishes on the next table, and hear their every word.
- Food comes fast for kids!twoplushighchairDined on 4/22/2014We arrived around 5:45 PM for dinner with our toddler. We sat near the restrooms, and a slight sewer-like odor was unappetizing. The food was delicious, there was plenty of it, and it came quickly, which kept our son happy. We had the half chicken, veggie empanadas, truffle mac and cheese, and paella. The chicken was perfectly done, the sauces that came with the chicken were delicious, as were the empanadas. The paella to be a bit bland, and the noodles in the mac and cheese were a bit underdone. The Tacu Tacu side and the sweet potato fries were delicious and were a big hit with the kiddo. The service was good at first but as they got busy we had to flag someone down to get a glass of wine, and it took a while for the check to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodyforfivedecadesVIPDined on 4/21/2014Food very tasty if simple..The restaurant offers whatvit b is famouscfor... service a bit too brisk...and brusk...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best peruvian chicken in towntephaoDined on 4/15/2014Half chicken was amazing. Never disapointed with this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as it used to bemkzzVIPDined on 4/7/2014Aside from the noise level, even when only a few tables are filled, is horrible for having a conversation while you dine. in the past three noise was overshadowed by the great customer service and food. That appears to no longer be the case. The service was disgraceful and the food was palatable. I had invited a friend to eat there for the first time so I was a little bothered to find how things have deteriorated. Probably went be going back anytime soon
- Definitely fit for foodiesNotthesameVIPDined on 3/30/2014The atmosphere and service was great! Upbeat, timely didn't miss a beat. The food keeps getting better and better. The Ceviche de Pescado y Camaron (Fish & Shrimp), Pollo a la Brasa (Roast Chicken) and Seco de Costillas (Short Ribs) were perfectly prepared, great flavors, well balanced. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Peruvian food!MattDVIPDined on 3/29/2014I love everything about Limon -- the food, the atmosphere, the service, the awesome staff. My only critiques: serve cancha, add Peruvian desserts to the menu, and finally, open in San Jose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this place .ahlexzisDined on 3/27/2014They always treat me the greatest service when I come here. Ive been here for several occasions but this was the second time I brought my mother in law here who is in a wheel chair and they accommodated us both times w seating right away and valet parking right in front (and they dont even have a valet) ;). on top of that best food and sangria hands down!Special Features:
- excellentJeffDined on 3/18/2014The food and service was excellent. I have never tried this type of food before but now I can say that I'm a fan.Special Features:
- Great foodJihmbVIPDined on 3/9/2014Love the food, especially the chicken and ceviche. Service was slow but we've been many times and this was the only time with slow service. Everyone was friendly.Special Features:
- Great food, great valueLarryDined on 3/8/2014Restaurants in SF can get expensive. Great to have a place like Limon that serves the tastiest chicken in town at a reasonable price. Wash it down with a sangria, perfection!Special Features:
- My girlfriends and I had aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014My girlfriends and I had a great time. It was very hard to hear one another talk because of the volume of the noise. The food and sangria was delicious. I would definitely go again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to meet a friendKdrakeVIPDined on 3/3/2014Met a friend for an early supper here - very much enjoyed the food and the friendly service. I'd go back if I'm in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but unevenSFtravelerDined on 3/1/2014Three of us had dinner here. My two friends enjoyed their meal very much. I was a little disappointed. My mixed green salad had not been torn so I needed a knife and folk to eat it. Also the salad bowl had a tendency to tip over so I had to transfer much of my salad to my bread dish. My chicken empanadas looked beautiful, but the chicken was bland, which was surprising for a place that specializes in rotisserie chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food horrible servicebeautyDined on 2/28/2014I would not go back to the location on Valencia in San Francisco. The food was tasty and wonderful, but the service was terrible. The server went on break and didn't tell us, so I waited for water for 15 mins. It also took extremely long to get the check. Our server and another waitress were playing around touching each other while I tried to get the check. The service was the worst,I spoke to the manager about the situation he smiled and said sorry come back soon. That was unacceptable so my family and friends will not return to that location.
- Date nightChrispyjaxDined on 2/27/2014Had a really nice dinner. Took a bit to get seated but once seated service was on point. The food was amazing and the sangria a must order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing wrong but nothing excellentBenjaminDined on 2/26/2014The atmosphere was a bit noisy probably because they lacked sound dampeners in a small venue and the room is open to the kitchen. I recommend the empanadas and passion fruit/mint drink. Everything else was pretty average tasting/size such as the half Rotisserie Chicken, tacu-tacu ( a scope of rice/bean combo ), yuca fries (4 fries), and Sangria ( low ball glass). A half chicken was a good size for 2 people. And be sure to ask for water as they seem to not want to bring it out willingly. In a different neighborhood this place might stand out more but not with the competition it has nearby.
- NEVER AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER BEEN TO A RESTAURANT WITH SUCH AN OVERWHELMING NOISE LEVEL!! IT WAS PAINFUL! WE HAD TO YELL TO TALK AT ALL. THE FOOD WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO TOLERATE SUCH DISCOMFORT!Special Features:
- This was one of the experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/22/2014This was one of the experiences we all seek. All the pieces fo a great meal out were outstanding!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Excellent service.LovebirdsDined on 2/17/2014We had a three course lunch and loved every part! Good size portions. Tasty food. Simple but perfect. The service was great and the cocktails had perfect balance. We are looking forward to coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014We had ordered 5-6 small plates. Everything was great except crisiy seafood with fried potatoes. It was very salty. Their rotisserie chicken was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.