Burger and Barrel
25 West Houston
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Burger and Barrel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.burgerandbarrel.com/
- Phone: 2123347320
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 4pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10am-3pm
Dinner: Sunday 5pm-10pm Monday-Thursday 4pm-11pm; Friday 4pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Josh Capon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Burger and Barrel
B&B features a pub-style menu, anchored by burgers and other American food items. The Restaurant has a serious wine by the glass program and offers 4 wines on tap, 2 of which are locally made. B&B is a very neighborhood driven restaurant, moderately priced, and open lunch/dinner - 7 days a week and late hours on weekends. B & B accepts reservations for lunch, dinner reservations are only accepted for groups larger than 6.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Burger and Barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)hot spot (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (9)special occasion (6)late-night find (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- good eveningdirtyapronDined on 12/7/2013go with the title of the restaurant an order the burgers. oh, $16 for a glass of Syrah? no wonder they don't hand you the drink list with the menus. anyway, its a high end tgif. better off going to shake shack or 5 guys.Special Features:
- The chicken lollipops aremeekaVIPDined on 11/30/2013The chicken lollipops are the way to go my friends. Bash style burger is awesome as well , those 2 things alone with a good bottle of wine you can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time tryaprilluv4VIPDined on 11/18/2013We were happily surprised when we saw a Monday pre-fixe menu. I loved the raviolini and my friends really enjoyed the bash burger and fried chicken. The chocolate cake was way better than the banana creme pies, which usually is one of my favorite desserts but I guess not at B&B. I thought the service was great, we were not rushed. We will be back...on a weekday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine by barrel terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2013Great, great food. Only dumb thing about this place is their signature wine by the barrel. It makes no sense to pay more for a carafe of this $50 than bottles on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2013Perfect spot and wonderful food. Server wss extremely helpful with suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little off, or is it slipping?Fit4foodieVIPDined on 11/12/2013I am a big fan of Burger and Barrel and frequent quite regularly. However the food was a little off on my last visit. The onion rings were served cold and the burger wasn't up to it's usual juicy standards. Service was okay, but definitely not what I would call attentive. I will need to go again to find out if it was just a one-time not great meal, or is it slipping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgersMarisaBDined on 11/7/2013For a quick dinner date with a girlfriend, we chatted over great wine and fabulous burgers. We really enjoyed the ambiance and setting, paired with food and drinks.Special Features:
- Our go to nice burger placenathbeckVIPDined on 11/3/2013If you want a really nice burger or similar with either nice wine or a cocktail this is a great place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picture PostcardMavirekDined on 10/30/2013My dear friend and I met here for their interesting cocktails and to try their famous bash burger. We loved it. First, we had a great table - postcard perfect. The wait staff all helped each other, so you never had to wait. The burger was so delicious, and the cocktails really were high class. The only downside is that it will all add up: every cocktail, burger and appetizer were $15+ each. But to be fair, for all the wonderfulness, it seemed a fair price. Tables by the window or in front of the bar are worth it, truly. Other tables are designed for a large group, like an office party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itmehryneVIPDined on 10/23/2013Food is great. Ambience is Awesome. I liked the laid back relaxed atmosphere in the busy neighborhood of Soho.Special Features:
- Best Burger in ManhattanCaptainSpazDined on 10/19/2013Go for the bash burger and you won't be disappointed. All around though, just a great place to grab dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointingNYUDadDined on 10/19/2013Small portions, high prices, but nice views for people watching
- AwesomeMcm663Dined on 10/18/2013I heard about this restaurant on the Rachel ray show, my husband and I were in NYC for the weekend, so I made reservation. Some of the best food we've had anywhere! Great service and atmosphere! The bash burger is to die for! Love that they give you a homemade cookie when you leave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice place for burger/drinknathbeckVIPDined on 10/13/2013A bit more upscale than the other local burger places and one can get an actual cocktail (obviously they have lots of wine, but somehow wine does not go with a burger). Very nice local place, have always enjoyed our visits there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done chef josh- get theCityjohnVIPDined on 10/9/2013Well done chef josh- get the Bash burger with tater tots. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Burger, tolle AtmosphäreRobertDined on 10/8/2013Haben das Restaurant über Empfehlungen im Internet gefunden, online einen Tische reserviert und waren begeistert. Tisch stand bereit, netter Service, und wirklich super Burger. Unbedingt die Specials probieren (Burger und auch Getränke). Uneingeschränkt weiter zu empfehlen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFran76Dined on 10/4/2013Loved this place!! The menu had a really good selection and the appetisers where big enough for a main meal!! Definetly go back again next year!! Could not recommend this place enough!!Special Features:
- Amazing food, subpar serviceSamiDined on 9/18/2013Each new bite was delicious, but we had to beg our waitress for a fork, water, answers to questions.. Without that unnecessary attitude, the meal would have been a 10/10... Preferred the appetizers to the main meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2013Came here with my niece and both had the truffle burger with a glass of Cabernet. Everything was delicious! I would totally go back to try the other burgers.Special Features:
- Promise unfulfillednyceaterVIPDined on 8/28/2013Bar scene = great, very friendly and competent folks there. Appetizers = cheese plate, beet salad, and French Onion soup were very nicely prepared. However, for the main event, two burgers = disaster. First, they took forever, and burgers were hopelessly over and undercooked (we each ordered one); by the time it came out (late), it was too late to change the order. With that said, the restaurant manager did call me afterward to apologize profusely (I left a note on the receipt), and I'd like to give them another shot.
- Great burgers, not so much elseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2013The truffle burgers is quite delicious. The other dishes we had including a duck lasagna and some corn/crab chowder did not rate. The waiter made numerous mistakes including bringing the wrong entree as well as forgetting part of the order. No attempt was made to comp or notify the manager, just some mumbled apologies. They were not even very busy. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Dare: Find a better burger in NYC.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2013You can't do it! It's the best. And the honey mustard wings they had on special were pretty GD good themselves! Sure my g/f is the hottest girl in NYC but I'm sure it'd be fun with your ordinary looking g/f too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food w/ Awesome ServiceDerrickFMooreVIPDined on 8/20/2013Went her with my girlfriend for her birthday. We both had their famous bash burger, and thought it was great. Not sure if it necessarily one of the top 5 burgers in the city, but still very solid. One of our friends also had pre-ordered a bottle of champagne for us, which went without a hitch. Everyone, including servers that didn't have our table, wished her a happy birthday and our dessert came with a candle (but without any annoying singing or anything), which I thought was a nice touch. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before and/or After the MovieJanWVIPDined on 8/16/2013Burger and Barrel is a great find in Soho – right across the street from the Angelica Theatre so appropriate for a pre and/or post movie meal. We shared a burger after ordering 2 delicious appetizers and the dessert selection is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BurgerJoeGrubVIPDined on 8/16/2013Lunch service was quick. We were promptly seated and food followed not long after the order was placed (lunch). The truffle burger, truffle mayo, truffle fries was super juicy and flavorful. Quite possibly the best burger I've ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findCocoaDevVIPDined on 8/9/2013Burger and Barrel is a true unique find. An interesting blend of burgers and great wine or great cocktails if you prefer. The food is amazing and the wine list is impressive. The place itself is kind of small and on a good night can get rather noisy. Overall I enjoyed my experience there and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotNancDined on 8/9/2013Great spot for a burger a d a drink. Great margaritas! You can have great meal after a show at the Angelika theater.Special Features:
- Great BurgersJimmySFoodIdkDined on 8/8/2013The 'Bash Burger' is fantastic and has been every time I have gone to Burger and Barrel. The ambience is nice, but the restaurant can be very loud at times. The burgers are also quite expensive.Special Features:
- Great burgers!ManelDined on 8/5/2013I came here while on vacation in the city looking for good burgers... And the previous reviews did not disappoint me! Surely, they offer some of the best burgers in town! The waiters are also very kind. We spent a good time having dinner here! Hint: save some room for the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NYC burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2013Delicious gourmet burger, great craft beers, intimate atmosphere. One of our favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just burgersTresaCDined on 7/15/2013The service was attentive and fast during lunch. Great lunch options, including $23 2-course prix fixe. Good wine and beer selection. Food is fresh and flavorful. The grilled chicken with parmesan and pesto was outstanding. Roasted beet salad with goat cheese was delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 7/11/2013I had a great experience here. The staff was very friendly and attentive & the service was fast. But most importantly, the burger was awesome. The hype surrounding the "bash burger" is legit- I was very impressed. Juicy, tender, flavorful, cooked perfectly (I ordered medium rare), and appropriately messy. I love the the burger is already cut in half too. I was able to split the bash and the special burger of the day (the caprese, which was also great, but definitely #2 in comparison). My only complaint about the experience was that the drinks are overpriced. $6-$9 for a beer and $12-$15 for a glass of wine seems steep when you're dining on burgers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite NYC burger restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2013As is the case often times, we truly enjoyed our visit once again. If we have a visitor from out of town, we will frequent this restaurant because we know what to expect. A delicious meal with great service at a reasonable price- what more could you ask for!
- Nice place, decent foodBaalbekDined on 7/5/2013I liked the seating and the service. I had the classic burger with fries but I didn't think they were outstanding. The chopped salad had nice fresh ingredients but was overdressed in a heavy creamy dressing. I would go back to try other things on the menu. It's a good place for larger groups and there are enough choices on the menu depending on what you are in the mood for. The mini chocolate and nut dipped ice cream cones were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truffle burger in cosy settingCaspar12Dined on 7/4/2013Loved the great food quality, feel-good atmosphere & efficient service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodHzer126Dined on 6/29/2013The foodthat me and my date picked out was great. We had beet salad, Apple Dutch pancakes what ice cream, and carrot cake. The carrot cake was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2013I've been here a couple times for brunch and always enjoyed it. For some reason, I felt like dishes I had eaten previously had an additional spice element that I didn't like. For some reason it seemed like the syrup for the chicken and waffles tasted off, and the tater tots had a little extra kick to them. Additionally, there was virtually no one there at 12:15 on a Saturday, which kind of made me look bad as I had been bringing a friend I recommended the place to. Anyways, I'll probably go back again at some point, but this was certainly a deterrance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 5 Burgers....on EARTHOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/21/2013I have been to B&B many times and it never disappoints. I been to burger joints all over this wonderful planet and it definitely in the top tier. It is a must try for all best burger hunters and the rest of menu isn't too shabby either. Absolutely great to wow out-of-town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingWickedDined on 6/15/2013Went to burger and barrel after a broadway show. All four of us loved our dinners and drinks. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of NYC's best burgersRayRicoVIPDined on 6/6/2013Came here specifically for their signature burger with bacon jam and it stood up to the hype!!! Definitely one of the Top 10 burgers in NYC. The wines on tap are worth a try but they also make some great drinks. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.