7101 E. Thunderbird Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azitaly.com/
- Phone: 4809228225
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday:11:00AM-2:00PM
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Cacace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available up to 300 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Arrivederci Ristorante has a private dining area that seats up to 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Eddie 4803239177
A word from Arrivederci Ristorante
Arrivederci ristorante was established in 1995 by masterchef Franco Cacace and host Giovanni. Located at 7101 E Thunderbird Rd,scottsdale,AZ 85254(SW corner of Thunderbird and Scottsdale Rd). This is master chef Franco's sixth restaurant in the united states and third in Arizona.Family operated and run.Continued
Our cuisine is italian and we feature homemade Gnocchi,lobster ravioli and great ossobucco.
Our cuisine is italian and we feature homemade Gnocchi,lobster ravioli and great ossobucco.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Arrivederci Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Arrivederci Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)romantic (23)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (13)good for groups (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Not ImpressedItalianDined on 12/25/2013I had an awful experience at this restaurant on Xmas. It was one of only a few restaurants open, so we decided to go. A mistake. The food was extremely overpriced. First, there was no arugula salad available, although it was on the menu. The traditional salad they brought me was horrible, just some leaves with some sort of nasty toasted onions on top at the price of $7.50! A joke...just the worst salad I have ever had. The eggplant and chicken parm meals were okay, but way, way overpriced at almost $20 a piece. Cannoli and tiramisu were the best parts of the meal, as well as the rolls. The server was a bland and listless older woman with zero energy or pizzazz. I won't go back.
- Hiking in the ValleyHoosierHikerDined on 12/25/2013Excellent Italian restaurant. Great food, great and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva ArreviderciOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Food, service, food, location, food, wine list, food. All excellent!!!!! No, I'm not related. Did I mention the food0Special Features:
- Great Food Found HereazlivinDined on 12/24/2013WONDERFUL PRESENTATION,GREAT FOOD MAKES YOU FEEL SPECIAL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our Sunday dinner.seakayiiVIPDined on 12/15/2013We enjoyed our Sunday dinner. We were glad that we had made an Open Table reservation because the restaurant was busy and all tables were full on our arrival. We had excellent service from our server Giovanni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant has provides excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/15/2013Restaurant has provides excellent service and food. Staff is accommodating without hovering and food was served hot in a timely manner. Only negative is that tables are too close together, especially tables for two and the noise was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013We had a resv. and we were seated within 5 minutes. . The waiter did not appear for ten minutes which we thought was a bit slow, The food was brought fast after order was taken. My husband had the pasta with seafood (clams, mussels and shrimp) it was hot and tasty and he ranks it 4 stars out of five. I had my Italian favorite....Veal Parm. It was OK but nothing special for $25.00. I've had better for much less money at many places. It wasn't bad but totally average. I would not order it again for $ 25.00. Our waiter, Giovani was very pleasant but the service was just average....perhaps because it was quite busy. The place is too crowded with tables. You can hardly walk between them. I don't know how the servers manage.
- Food is great...butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2013Our meals were delicious. However, the service was not great. No one ever checked on how we liked the food until the meal was over. Our water glasses were never refilled. It took forever to get the bill. If we decide to go back, it will most definitely NOT be on a Saturday. Hoping that they would not be so busy on a weekday night.Special Features:
- Comfortable, old world, love it!sooziebDined on 12/15/2013White tablecloths, a professional staff that knows what they are doing, yummy Italian comfort food & reasonable prices! For all those reasons, Arrivederci is definitely an "I'll be back" place for me and my boyfriend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At last!butlerDined on 12/13/2013What a terrific find. Professional, pleasant waiters, a golden ambience, and food from heaven. And to think it is right up the road..... Lucky me!Special Features:
- CROWDEDLorenDined on 12/12/2013FAR TOO MANY TABLES CRAMMED TOGETHER. WAITSTAFF COULD HARDLY MPVE BETWEEN TABLESSpecial Features:
- excellent food, poor environmentRoooVIPDined on 12/11/2013food was scrumptious. Quality ingredients and prepared perfectly. Presentation was lackluster as was the layout and decor. Best for casual, non special occasion when you want good Italian and no privacy.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food!ScottsdaleDinerVIPDined on 12/11/2013We have been going to Arrivederci for years, and have never been disappointed. The food and the pricing is excellent - once again we brought out of town guests to dine with us. The host, Giovanni, makes everyone feel welcome. The service is attentive, but not clinging, the food is outstanding, and the portions generous, but not ridiculously huge. Arrivederci is a must stop location for all lovers of Italian food!Special Features:
- VERY ENJOYABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013My husband and I enjoyed a super lunch last week. Many of our friends and family have eaten there. It is quite a distance from our home but we had a doctor's appointment nearby and decided that would be a good time to try them. It is worth the drive!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family in from ItalyhippyVIPDined on 12/7/2013It was our first visit and it will not be our last. The food was fresh and hot from the first bite to the last. The portion size is generous. I can easily picture this family restaurant in a small Italian town. As we were dining you could tell that many people were regulars. When the couple at the table next to us sat down they simply told the waiter that they would have the usual. They have a nice wine list and the prices are very reasonable. After the meal the waiter brought us some lemon chello (sp)which was a nice surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was closed without warningPedroDined on 11/29/2013Very tough to rate - even though we made a reservation on-line and received confirmation, the restaurant was closed upon our arrival. Nothing on their website nor any signage on their building indicated they would be closed for lunch the day after Thanksgiving. This was iur 2nd attempt to each lunch there in a weekday in which we did not have to work.
- An old favorite- still very goodAmara22Dined on 11/21/2013A solid neighborhood Italian restaurant that was a family favorite when we lived closer. We were lucky enough to have Giovanni as our waiter. We had wonderful service and enjoyed some fabulous veal dishes. We did mention that we were celebrating a birthday on open table, but it was not addressed in any way by the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and Fast Service. FoodLouPegDined on 11/12/2013Great and Fast Service. Food very good, but not that "Great" food response. There are compariable other Italian Resturants in the same area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian ExperienceHungryDined on 11/11/2013From the Italian greeting at the door, to the wonderful food and service, the evening was very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Everything!SBKHDined on 11/9/2013Such a comfortable, friendly, inviting place with fabulous food and expert service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/6/2013This was the first time we have gone to this restaurant. The food was very tasty. Service was a little so, but it was a busy Friday night. We will definitely be back.
- The servers were very attentivefeitctajDined on 10/26/2013The servers were very attentive and unobtrusive. The food was well prepared and tasty. The only problem was the desert gelato, which was frozen so hard we had to cut it with a knife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GunnyGunnyDined on 10/24/2013The ambience was good, service good however the food was nothing notable. The salmon was fair and the sauce had little taste. My wife had the chicken cordon blu which was dry but had good taste.Special Features:
- Very good food served adequatelyRazzinAzDined on 10/20/2013In a very bright room by servers who were so busy they could barely breathe.
- Awesome!WagsDined on 10/9/2013We love to dine here and we always enjoy the food, ambiance and service.Special Features:
- Just Right...KOOPDined on 10/2/2013We've been going to Arrivederci Ristorante for many years.. Birthdays, anniversaries, and just for a place to go on a quiet weekend. All this time same staff, same chef, same great food and ambiance. You may not speak Italian, but after a couple of visits you'll feel like you can. Heartily recommended.Special Features:
- DeliciousKateDined on 9/28/2013We really enjoyed our meal and the staff. Great neighborhood spot. Feels more authentic Italian than most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italians In the KitchenkageyazDined on 9/27/2013Arrivederci's food reminds me of the food that came out of the family's kitchens of my youth. The sauces which make or break most Italian dishes are cooked to perfection. The menu choice is varied and most everyone will find some wonderful selection to satisfy their Italian craving. The entrees are flavorful and delicately cooked. The wine list is extensive and you must save room for dessert. The ambiance is that of a cosmopolitan, intimate, neighborhood café. The service is friendly and attentive The size of the restaurant lends itself to smaller parties but a side room can accommodate a larger group. A complimentary Lemoncello shot tops off what for me has always been a lovely meal and a relaxed dining experience. The cost is reasonable.Special Features:
- Not going backAnniversaryDined on 9/21/2013Waiter acted as if she was taking orders at Denny's. Food tasted stale. Veal was chewy. Best part was the limoncello.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2013Excellent food, service and atmosphere! Will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Giuseppe is a ProOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/9/2013My wife and I went to Arrivederci on a Monday night, and it was nearly deserted. Giuseppe himself served us and was very attentive. Food was great, as usual. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2013I have been visiting this little gem for many years. The service and food are always consistently good with moderate prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Enjoyable EveningRestaurantloverDined on 8/23/2013Food was very good; service was good despite waitress having eight tables or more to handle. House wine excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to keep returning even for sonOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/13/2013Even though my son likes their gnocchi, my husband and I have a difficult time finding things we enjoy on their menu. It would probably be a good idea to try upadating their menu and/or items. Their caprese is less than ok and their soup was terribly salty. My husband said that his chicken dish was also very salty. They were also understaffed with 1 bus and 2 servers for a fairly busy evening. No sign of the owners (which was unusual).
- Amazing experience.Greattime2Dined on 8/10/2013After having italian food in MA most of our lives, we missed it when we moved to AZ. For my moms 50th, I wanted to find a perfect REAL italian restaurant. I luckily found Arrivederci Ristorante and im so thankful I did. My mother and I had such a spectacular time. The staff made her night so special and I could not have picked a better place to go. From the wine to the dessert everything was amazing. We will be back and we have told all of our friends how amazing it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local findMaGyverDined on 8/3/2013Great food. several things made fresh on site, like the mozzarela and limoncelloSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, family oriented,DaveDined on 8/2/2013Friendly, family oriented, great value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013The special was Sand dabs, which I always wanted to try, the dish was delicious, my husband had the chicken parm which he loved as well....service was awesome, thank you!Special Features:
- We were unable to keep ourDrdennyDined on 7/26/2013We were unable to keep our resevation so we went by the restaurant on our way back to Tucson and cancelled the reservation with the owner Giovani. We love Arrivederci and will eat there whenever in Phoenix but could not this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite going downhill???OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2013I was sooo looking forward to that nice, warm fresh herby bread roll...it came, but not so fresh or warm. meh. Not being overly famished, I ordered the cheese ravioli with arrabbiata (spicy) sauce. Flavorful, yes, but not spicy. The homemade ravioli were large & flavorful, though. The veal carciofi w/lemon caper sauce was good, but not great; sauce was not lemony at all; the veal was cooked to tender, but again, meh. We have seen our waiter when we've been there on previous visits. He wasn't over friendly but did answer our questions, took our order, brought our drinks then went missing. Until of course, it was time to bring the bill. If this had been our first visit, it would be our last. Still, it may be a while before we return.