145 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.remi-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2125814242x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm -3:30pm Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Delvecchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Remi's special catering director.
- Special Events: Call Remi's special events director
A word from Remi
Located in the heart of Midtown, Remi restaurant was created and designed by Adam D. Tihany.Continued
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remi reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (36)notable wine list (31)great for lunch (31)good for groups (19)late-night find (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- I Love Remi!MaryAnnVIPDined on 4/23/2014Second time here and once again it was fabulous. I had the seared tuna which was delicious. The service was just right...not rushed whatsoever, very patient.
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 4/17/2014We always return to Remi's when in NYC because it provides a delightful dining experience in very pleasant surroundings. The food is consistently good and nicely presented. Menu offers a nice variety.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time here was a veryYolyOVIPDined on 4/12/2014My first time here was a very pleasant experience. Service was great and the food delicious. The place was packed by 6pm on a Saturday night, so book ahead. We headed to the theater afterwards and it was close enough to walk. In the heart of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good. Only negative wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014Very good. Only negative was once it started filling up, it was very loud. Could not hear a normal conversation with tablemates w/o speaking up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steady for many yearsDukeDined on 4/10/2014I've been eating at Remi since it opened in the late 1980's. It is always excellent with fresh food creatively made,good service,excellent ambience. All in all very reliable,tasty and for NYC medium priced for the dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REMI LOVELY ITALIAN DININGGloryPoint1Dined on 4/8/2014Remi is a really lovely restaurant with its high ceilings and black and white striped banquettes. You feel in another world, an elegant Italian world. The servers are friendly and precise and they take their time to make sure you are getting what you want. The chef is flexible and you can tailor you dish to your liking. The experience is relaxing and satisfying and the location is just up 53rd Street between 6th and 7th. For me, I'd go just for the tomato and goat cheese pot they put out for the bread. Nothing like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NORTHERN ITALIAN FOOD!VinceVIPDined on 4/8/2014We have been going to Remi for years and have always found the experience to be great: great service, great ambience, great food and great wine! Over the years the quality of the dishes has been outstanding and the wait staff is always helpful and informative. We have done large parties and quiet dinners for two and always have been very pleased. Thank you to all who consistently work hard to provide us with an enjoyable evening: the owners, chefs, waiters and staff!Special Features:
- Return dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/7/2014We went to Remi this week for the third time since finding it on a trip to NYC two years ago. The space is very nicely done with mock flying buttresses and a mural of Venice. The food is excellent and the service very attentive. Our only complaint is that the wine list is very expensive. There are few selections for $60 or under and many well over $100. You can easily double or triple the price of your meal. That said, we have had a couple of very good $60 bottles of wine from that tiny selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchLabMomVIPDined on 4/7/2014Great place for a business lunch or a nice dinner. Reasonable by mid town standards. Great pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat! A lovely startGuestVIPDined on 4/6/2014A real treat! A lovely start with Prosecco, then the delicious eggplant appetizer to share and then wonderful pasta and risotto - it was all delicious. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theater district restaurantnicknameVIPDined on 4/5/2014Great theater district restaurant with upscale Italian cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, very good actually.DMattVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food was good, very good actually. We both had seafood pasta dishes loaded with seafood and homemade pasta for under $30, not bad for NY. Service though was spotty. We had a 730 reservation and the theater crowd just left, and the wait staff was more interested in bussing and setting up new tables than in taking our order. Took out drinks and food order at the same time, since we had ample time to review the menu. But then Salads arrived before our cocktails, which is is really unacceptable. Next time in NY we'll go top Patsy's for Italian
- Dinner at RemiaftershowdiningDined on 3/29/2014We had a 6pm reservation with two adults and one 10 year old. The ambiance was high energy and enjoyed the decor. The menu offered a great variety. The waiter had no issues taking our requests to modify two of the meals and the dinners were perfectly done. There were a lot of 10 + year olds that night but no issues at all. Great martinis.Special Features:
- perfect for two business lunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014I was at a convention at the midtown Hilton, and Remi is right next door. On two successive days, I took guests with whom I had business to discuss to lunch. I was impressed that there were two different sets of specials, printed on an insert to the menu, on the two days. The menu included a good variety of salad and pasta choices, many quite unusual, which were perfect for lunchtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a late night dinnerBonvivantDined on 3/26/2014Although the food wasn't outstanding, the ambience and the service were really good. And if you're walking from Broadway to fifth avenue it's the perfect quiet placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be?JohnDined on 3/22/2014Location is great but that's where it ends for me. Food was good at best. Too much cheese and sauces on every dish. Service was off. We ordered a expensive bottle of wine and had to pour it ourselves. On top of that we wanted another bottle and our waiter had to be flagged down to get it. The potential is their for an awesome establishment if they improve service and food. But isn't that the key to every restaurant?
- Pasta perfect!PAstaDined on 3/20/2014Ate here several times. Enjoyed every meal. Pasta perfect for my guests and I each time. Service attentive yet not intrusive. Enjoy dining here very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good - As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/19/2014I frequently come to Remi for lunch or dinner. It is always a pleasant dining experience. Although it is a Manhattan restaurant and is frequently crowded, the tables are large enough and at a sufficient distance from the next table that it is comfortable to dine and relax with a coffee afterward. The food is consistently good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've never had anything lessWawoVIPDined on 3/15/2014I've never had anything less than a great meal at Remi & the service is impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DonePeanutsDined on 3/15/2014This is a real find for mid-town and theater goers. The food was well prepared, fresh and beautifully served. Very professional and friendly waitress and the ambience was more than acceptable. We liked it!Special Features:
- Time has passed this byMacMackDined on 3/13/2014Once very good, but alas, the food is no more. Good pretheater location. Pleasant service& ambience.
- Pleasantly surprised!PatsyDined on 3/8/2014Remi was an excellent find. Whenever my husband and I are in the City, we look for a new and distinctly different dining experience. Remi turned out to be a gem. The food, service, and ambience were exceptional. The subdued lighting,vaulted ceilings, and Italian murals made us feel as if we were in a Venetian setting! We cannot wait to tell our friends and share this restaurant with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remi is greatAllisonjoiVIPDined on 3/7/2014Impeccable service, delicious food, great prix fixe menu for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great foodluv2cookVIPDined on 3/6/2014THE restaurant still serves wonderful Italian food. The service was a little weak. The place is very pretty and the tables are not on top of each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been going to RemiOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2014I have been going to Remi for years. Food is always great. Never a let down. Always a great meal. Guests always pleased.Special Features:
- Horrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2014If you aren't going to treat RW customers the same way as regular paying customers please do not participate in restaurant week. Me and my friend went for RW at Remi. I was actually looking forward to trying this place. First the waiter did not bring me RW week menu. Then our bread came but we did not get any dipping sauce with the bread, despite me asking for it twice. I note that tables next to us who came in afterwards received the bread and dipping sauce immediately after they were seated. They looked like business people who would spend a lot of money on the food. My friends shell pasta entree dish tasted bland and horrible. They took forever to serve us or respond to our needs. I will be staying away from this restaurant!
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014That for me is the BEST Italian restaurant in New York !!! Great service, wonderful ambiance and the food .... Outstanding! I hAd a fews appetizers ( Sardines , spinach salad with pecorino cheese , grilled octopus ) and they were absolutely delicious. Fresh handmade pasta as entree ( agnolotti di Vitello con salsa al Marsala, orecchiette with soppressata) just sublime. My guests had both fish and meat and all was perfect. I can wait to come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time I have been hereMeg71180Dined on 3/3/2014Every time I have been here the food has been outstanding. This time the food was barely lukewarm and tasted like it had been sitting out for awhile. It was very disappointing.
- RESTAURANT WEEK FINDJaekabyDined on 3/3/2014Excellent and many choices for restaurant week menu. Too bad they don't have a special wine list to go with it as list is very pricey. the food was excellent that we tried. Lovely decor and wait staff was very good.Special Features:
- Muito bomTaniaDined on 3/2/2014Bom , restaurante, bem localizado . Confortável , boa comida, porções bem servidas !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remi - always soliddiningtigerDined on 3/1/2014The meal was very good and our server was outstanding. A great place to go for a special dinner or for a pre-theatre meal.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/1/2014I'm a long-term New Yorker and cannot believe that last Saturday was my first time dining at Remi. We'll definitely be back......wonderful meal, interesting and fair wine list, and very pleasant service.Special Features:
- Wonderful ambiance for a romanticMLP52AAVIPDined on 2/28/2014Wonderful ambiance for a romantic evening. My Manhattan cocktail was special. We both had pasta dishes during Restaurant week. Very well prepared and filling. Service was good but not special since our server was too busy and could have been more attentive. Staff was welcoming. Would recommend for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Remi during restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/28/2014My girlfriend and I went to Remi for dinner. Drink service was very slow and we only ordered 2 teas and one 7-7. Food was nothing special, came out quickly but it was cold. I would guess because it was prepared before hand for the restaurant week menu.
- Overall excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/27/2014Overall excellent experience before the theater. Best in the neighborhood!Special Features:
- overall good dining experiencedevotedfoodieVIPDined on 2/27/2014ordered menu items from restaurant week. the chestnut soup with truffle oil drizzled over was fantastic although the portion was too big for an appetizer. The entree was the gnocchi - the portion of the main was less than the appetizer. The dessert was the creme brulee - the portion was just right. All in all for 28 dollars this is a good price for a three course lunch. The only caveat to the dining experience was that amongst the 6 of us who dined at the restaurant ,we were told to split the bill three ways. I've never dined in a restaurant where the payment method was this inflexible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is OK . Nothing specialScorpionVIPDined on 2/27/2014The restaurant can get a lot of light from the ceiling.Special Features:
- Keep Away -Awful Customer CareDianet123VIPDined on 2/26/20141. The glasses of wine we ordered to accompany the appetizers arrived 10 minutes after the (hot) appetizers arrived, and only after we asked at least 4 different staff members. 2. The $17 wine-by-the-glass I ordered to accompany my dinner had a tablespoon of sediment in the bottom of the glass. That is the last flavor I was left with. Mistakes happen, it's how they are dealt with that counts. We showed the Maitre d', who could care less. We asked for the Sommolier, who never came over. It would have been wise of them to apologize and remove at least the last glass of wine from the bill. But of course they made no such gesture. So for the sake of a couple of nice words and a $17 bird-in-the-hand they have lost us as customers.
- Good value for Restaurant WeekMikemDined on 2/26/2014We went at lunch for the Restaurant week special. The eggplant parm and spinach salad were fine starters likewise the main courses of spinach gnocchi and calves liver. Only 2 desserts were offered creme brûlée which was good, chocolate "gelato" was ordinary ice cream and thus disappointing. Otherwise we will certainly consider a return visit. Note - we went just before noon, the restaurant quickly became packed with diners. The restrooms are tiny but clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've eaten at Remi many timesIenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 2/25/2014The food is always reliably good, particularly the the fresh pasta dishes. The staff is not overly servile. The restaurant is not too loud so you can actually have a conversation.Special Features: