145 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.remi-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2125814242x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm -3:30pm Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Delvecchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Remi's special catering director.
- Special Events: Call Remi's special events director
A word from Remi
Located in the heart of Midtown, Remi restaurant was created and designed by Adam D. Tihany.Continued
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remi reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (64)special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (41)notable wine list (36)great for lunch (31)great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (23)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Remi's is a sleek northernOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/3/2009Remi's is a sleek northern Italian restaurant, an easy walk from the theater district. The three different salads that we tried were exceptionally good and extremely creative (particularly the baby beet salad). The entrees were also good, but a bit less exceptional. The service was extremely responsive and friendly, yet unobtrusive. Our server even went so far as to find an extra Osso Buco bone so that our two dogs could each have one!
- It was late on a Friday ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2009It was late on a Friday of the holiday weekend, very quiet - only three other tables. If it had been busier, it would have been more fun. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- We went to Remi about 4 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/2/2009We went to Remi about 4 years ago and the service was much better than we experienced during our recent visit. They were not nearly as attentive as in the past and we felt like we were being rushed out of the restaurant. Also, we were celebrating my husband's birthday - which they were aware of - and they did not offer anything special, e.g., complimentary dessert. The meal was good, but not worth the price.
- We were impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/31/2008We were impressed with the good food and service given that it was New Years' Eve and the restaurant waas packed. Quite frankly, we haven't found the food and service to be as good as usualat most retaurants on New Year' Eve.
- Come early and have one ofShauVIPDined on 12/26/2008Come early and have one of their special martinis at the bar.Special Features:
- Expensive, but worth it! AGerridocDined on 12/20/2008Expensive, but worth it! A memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Over priced with so-so food.luv2danceVIPDined on 12/20/2008Over priced with so-so food. Specifically came for the pre fixe dinner. Had to ask for the pre fixe menu.Special Features:
- Average. I have brought myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2008Average. I have brought my client aftre the business meeting to dine at Remi, and don't think I will return. The food is good, but not outstanding. The service is unsmart at best, quite rude at worst. Overall, Remi is not impressive.Special Features:
- Excessive cost for appitizersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/18/2008Excessive cost for appitizers and entrees. The food was not that good. Entree took too long to be received after appitizer. Will not recommend.
- Very nice prix fixe pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/16/2008Very nice prix fixe pre-theater dinner. Fabulous breads.
- Attentive service, food aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2008Attentive service, food above average in quality and preparation, pricey all the same and lunch cost what a typical dinner would. A nice setting and the high ceilings lent a spacious feel.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/9/2008The restaurant was very busy the evening we went there; there were some Christmas parties going on. Nonetheless the front desk offered eager assistance. We were seated within 5 minutes of our early arrival. The service was quick, efficient and friendly. The food heavenly! In spite of the Christmas parties (none were particularly loud), we were able to carry ono a conversation across a table for two.
- As always the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2008As always the food and service was outstanding. We always visit Remi when in the States and have always recommended it to friends/family when they are going to New York. Only slight disappointment was that the Restaurant was cold (albeit the temperature was rather low outside) but a heater at the door or inside would benefit. Had to sit with scarf on.Special Features:
- The food was great! The ambiancebbbdDined on 12/6/2008The food was great! The ambiance was wonderful other than being seated right in front of the busboy station--I did not like that(since I requested a nice table). I would definitely return again and tell my friends to eat there. A great dining experience and menu. The cute young girl from Italy that gave us suggestions with the wine list was fabulous!! We had 2 different bottles of wine and they were excellent.Special Features:
- This is a place to enjoy goodTonyBDined on 12/6/2008This is a place to enjoy good food in very pleasant surroundings. The prix fixe menu (you must ask for it) offers limited choices, but there is something for everyone. The service was professional and courteous, and the food ordered from the prix fixe menu was quite enjoyable. Remi is an excellent choice with a nice location close enough to the theater district, yet just away from the large crowds. A winner, for sure!Special Features:
- Very noisy, average food.LaurieVIPDined on 11/29/2008Very noisy, average food. I had the osso bucco with risotto; the risotto was gluey and the veal was not that tender. My friend had the veal chop special which was also not tender. Don't know if it was an off night or if Remi is going downhill. We probably will not be back; there's too many good restaurants around.
- Good food and sevice. PopularOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/28/2008Good food and sevice. Popular place and it is always crowded. Only negative is that we had to wait 15 minutes for a table even though I had a reservation at 630PM. What was strange was that there were open tables available (at least 3 that we could see) and they would not seat us at the open tables. Afeter we were seated, I noticed the tables were still open. When I left one of the three tables were open all the time. The purpose of making a reservation is to avoid the wait for a table!Special Features:
- It is one of the best italianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/27/2008It is one of the best italian restaurant in N.Y. I am warry that there is not (or is not at th table)people that speak italian Gianluca Rocchi
- While the food was good, thePapaMVIPDined on 11/22/2008While the food was good, the service was totally unacceptable. I expect better service from a coffee shop. Please see my note to the restaurant below. We were hosting friends for a birthday celebration and were humiliated by the experience.
- It's the second time we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2008It's the second time we've been there, and it's a very good italian restaurant:they are not so numerous!Special Features:
- I went there for my husbandsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2008I went there for my husbands birthday. Food and service was great. He had the lamb and I had a special ordered alfredo sause with sausage and peas. This was not on the menue but they accomodated me. We had at least 5 people come to our table to serve us. They even gave you this yummy red sause with cheese dip for the bread! I would def. go back! Was a tad bit noisy as they had a large party in the back and with the high celings it did not make it better but we were sat by the window away from the group.Special Features:
- I love Remi. I have beensmvesqDined on 11/12/2008I love Remi. I have been to Remi many times and have never had a bad meal. Long live Remi!Special Features:
- we went back to Remi thisHefeVIPDined on 11/8/2008we went back to Remi this month after a wonderful experience last month Unfortunately this time we had a waiter that did not know his job, never asked us re whether we would like a second drink, added two items to our bill (which I caught) that were not ours, and never brought out a dipping sauce we asked for and which he promised the Chef was making and we would have in 5 minutes He was terrible Management I hope will replace him before we come back
- It wasn't the best place IOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/22/2007It wasn't the best place I have ever eaten at, and for the money, I would go some where else.Special Features: