145 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.remi-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2125814242x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm -3:30pm Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Delvecchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Remi's special catering director.
- Special Events: Call Remi's special events director
A word from Remi
Located in the heart of Midtown, Remi restaurant was created and designed by Adam D. Tihany.Continued
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remi reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (39)great for outdoor dining (37)great for lunch (32)notable wine list (31)good for groups (19)late-night find (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excessive cost for appitizersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/18/2008Excessive cost for appitizers and entrees. The food was not that good. Entree took too long to be received after appitizer. Will not recommend.
- Very nice prix fixe pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/16/2008Very nice prix fixe pre-theater dinner. Fabulous breads.
- Attentive service, food aboveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2008Attentive service, food above average in quality and preparation, pricey all the same and lunch cost what a typical dinner would. A nice setting and the high ceilings lent a spacious feel.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very busyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/9/2008The restaurant was very busy the evening we went there; there were some Christmas parties going on. Nonetheless the front desk offered eager assistance. We were seated within 5 minutes of our early arrival. The service was quick, efficient and friendly. The food heavenly! In spite of the Christmas parties (none were particularly loud), we were able to carry ono a conversation across a table for two.
- As always the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2008As always the food and service was outstanding. We always visit Remi when in the States and have always recommended it to friends/family when they are going to New York. Only slight disappointment was that the Restaurant was cold (albeit the temperature was rather low outside) but a heater at the door or inside would benefit. Had to sit with scarf on.Special Features:
- The food was great! The ambiancebbbdDined on 12/6/2008The food was great! The ambiance was wonderful other than being seated right in front of the busboy station--I did not like that(since I requested a nice table). I would definitely return again and tell my friends to eat there. A great dining experience and menu. The cute young girl from Italy that gave us suggestions with the wine list was fabulous!! We had 2 different bottles of wine and they were excellent.Special Features:
- This is a place to enjoy goodTonyBDined on 12/6/2008This is a place to enjoy good food in very pleasant surroundings. The prix fixe menu (you must ask for it) offers limited choices, but there is something for everyone. The service was professional and courteous, and the food ordered from the prix fixe menu was quite enjoyable. Remi is an excellent choice with a nice location close enough to the theater district, yet just away from the large crowds. A winner, for sure!Special Features:
- Very noisy, average food.LaurieVIPDined on 11/29/2008Very noisy, average food. I had the osso bucco with risotto; the risotto was gluey and the veal was not that tender. My friend had the veal chop special which was also not tender. Don't know if it was an off night or if Remi is going downhill. We probably will not be back; there's too many good restaurants around.
- Good food and sevice. PopularOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 11/28/2008Good food and sevice. Popular place and it is always crowded. Only negative is that we had to wait 15 minutes for a table even though I had a reservation at 630PM. What was strange was that there were open tables available (at least 3 that we could see) and they would not seat us at the open tables. Afeter we were seated, I noticed the tables were still open. When I left one of the three tables were open all the time. The purpose of making a reservation is to avoid the wait for a table!Special Features:
- It is one of the best italianOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/27/2008It is one of the best italian restaurant in N.Y. I am warry that there is not (or is not at th table)people that speak italian Gianluca Rocchi
- While the food was good, thePapaMVIPDined on 11/22/2008While the food was good, the service was totally unacceptable. I expect better service from a coffee shop. Please see my note to the restaurant below. We were hosting friends for a birthday celebration and were humiliated by the experience.
- It's the second time we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2008It's the second time we've been there, and it's a very good italian restaurant:they are not so numerous!Special Features:
- I went there for my husbandsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2008I went there for my husbands birthday. Food and service was great. He had the lamb and I had a special ordered alfredo sause with sausage and peas. This was not on the menue but they accomodated me. We had at least 5 people come to our table to serve us. They even gave you this yummy red sause with cheese dip for the bread! I would def. go back! Was a tad bit noisy as they had a large party in the back and with the high celings it did not make it better but we were sat by the window away from the group.Special Features:
- I love Remi. I have beensmvesqDined on 11/12/2008I love Remi. I have been to Remi many times and have never had a bad meal. Long live Remi!Special Features:
- we went back to Remi thisHefeVIPDined on 11/8/2008we went back to Remi this month after a wonderful experience last month Unfortunately this time we had a waiter that did not know his job, never asked us re whether we would like a second drink, added two items to our bill (which I caught) that were not ours, and never brought out a dipping sauce we asked for and which he promised the Chef was making and we would have in 5 minutes He was terrible Management I hope will replace him before we come back
- It wasn't the best place IOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/22/2007It wasn't the best place I have ever eaten at, and for the money, I would go some where else.Special Features: