145 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.remi-nyc.com/
- Phone: 2125814242x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm -3:30pm Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mirco Delvecchio
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call Remi's special catering director.
- Special Events: Call Remi's special events director
A word from Remi
Located in the heart of Midtown, Remi restaurant was created and designed by Adam D. Tihany.Continued
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Remi combines the cuisine, architecture, and atmosphere of Venice.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Remi reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (53)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (34)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (30)good for groups (23)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delicious food, extensive menuExploringNYCDined on 8/1/2014Crab cake appetizer was perfect, signature tuna dish was good but a bit dry. Hand made pasta with sausage and truffle excellent. Ricotta cake for dessert outstanding. Nice ambiance but chilly inside so we opted for outside, which was a little buggy. Wonderful service, but a bit overpriced. Not terribly crowded for some reason, even at prime dinner time on a Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blondemamaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Love this restaurant and they offered an excellent selection of diverse foods even though it was restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandy65Dined on 7/30/2014I was disappointed in the salmon I ordered. It was not a good quality fish. and I did not like the sauce it was served with - very mediocre and unimaginative. The maitre d was not not friendly and seemed bored with the whole resaurant
- My new favorite spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/29/2014Remi was fabulous. My husband had the prixe fix during restaurant week and I ate off the regular menu. There were planty of ownderful options and the food was fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented. The grilled artichoke appetizer was particularly delicious.Special Features:
- New find during restaurant weeknewplaces2eatVIPDined on 7/27/2014Discovered this restaurant during restaurant week. It was a wonderful unexpected find. Both my husband and I truly enjoyed every aspect of our dining experience. On my open table reservation I mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary; as soon as we were seated the hostess wished us happy anniversary. The maître d then brought over two glasses of champagne. We very much appreciated the thoughtful and attentiveness to the note made regarding our anniversary. Our food was exceptional from salad to main course and desert. We will definitely be returning and making this restaurant one of our regular stops when in midtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- optimisticVIPDined on 7/25/2014veal special had a heavy gravy, not the light flavorful sauce I had hoped for; this dish is out of date and the veal was tough; my son loved his pasta and my daughter's fish was fine; is this restaurant owned by the same people as Bice? we had the same problem with their veal, but only in their NYC location
- Too noisyJanDVIPDined on 7/23/2014The place is beautiful and the food is excellent. They need some serious soundproofing. The noise level detracted from the good and the looks of the place and certainly made civilized conversation impossible
- Pre-Theatre DiningTryItYulLikeItDined on 7/22/2014I have had several good meals here. I went this week as it is NYC Resataurant Week and it is on the list.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week Treasured FindnatfranDined on 7/22/2014We spur of the moment decided to kick-off restaurant week at Remi last Tuesday and enjoyed it thoroughly. Our meal started with a complimentary glass of refreshing sparkling wine, and bread with a to-die-for tomato-goat-cheese dip! Both appetizers were delightful, especially the eggplant and mozzarella appetizer was amazing. And the creme brullee at the end was a deliciously decadent ending to a lovely dining experience. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNYfanDined on 7/19/2014I have been going to Remi's since the Concierge at the Plaza recommended it several years ago. I have introduced it to friends and they have all enjoyed it as much a I. The outdoor space for dining is always a hit right in the heart of Manhattan. It's quiet, off the beaten path and, as luck would have it, I have been able to take advantage of the outdoors every time I have dined there. Great drinks, great service, and the food is perfect every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable Service!CarmenVIPDined on 7/19/2014Impeccable service from beginning to end! Delicious food and a great wine list! Will return again!Special Features:
- Food Good, Service and Air NotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2014Food is usually good here. Restaurant has bewildering policy of leaving doors open to atrium even when it is stifling outside. Makes it uncomfortable if you are seated near the door. Service spotty. A friend and I were lingering after lunch (due to a rainstorm outside) and the staff seemed intent to drive us out as quickly as possible (we'd already paid and left a 20% tip). Might return but not unless I can be seated where it is not blazing hot.Special Features:
- Lovely Start to an EveningLuLuDined on 7/11/2014Althuogh I had selected Remi as one of the restaurants that offered outside dining, it was such a humid night in New York that we decided to stay inside when we realized how lovely and pleasantly cool it was in the restaurant. The fresh mozarella in tomato sauce was a delicious way to start our meal, served with rolls and foccacia. The orrechiette which was mixed with cauliflower and soppresata that reminded me of pepperoni was very good and served piping hot. My husband enjoyed the fresh tuna in angel hair pasta as well. I also enjoyed their Vermintino, an Italian white wine I've recently discovered. It was bright and nicely chilled for a hot night. We will return again, as we have in the past to this very comfortable restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 6/27/2014Overall a nice dinner! Menu was large so everyone was able to find something without issue. Food was very good but service was nothing special. They seemed to have a lot of staff but empty salad plates sat in front of us till we asked them to remove.
- Ambience, food, but be patientOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Literally next door to the Sheraton just off of Times Square, Broadway, and Central Park. Beautiful indoor/outdoor atrium restaurant. Good wine list including my favorite Chardonnay. Excellent salads, nice presentation on the meals. The sommelier/manager happened to be our waiter on this evening. Unfortunate for us because he barely made it back to our table after ordering the wine. The chill bucket was not situated near our table so we ran out several times during the meal. This left us disappointed with what could have been a 5 star meal. We'd go back again because of all the positives and hope that the service was just an exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Remi continues to be a lovely pre-theatre dining experience with fine food and equally fine service. All of the courses were quite good and the portion sizes were on the generous side. The space is quite striking and very pleasant on a summer evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1088 reviews are from the Remi reviews archive.
- Superb midtown business lunchRobinmarcVIPDined on 6/18/2014Excellent business lunch. Light, modern, sophisticated. Not a big tourist spot. Lots of media types from nearby talent agencies, networks. Dining al fresco an option. Every member of our party (jaded New Yorkers who dine out at least 5x per week) commented on the high quality of the delicious meals. The prix fixe luncheon (ask for the separate menu) offers great food and a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irritating.ItalianredDined on 6/17/2014A really good restaurant spoiled by the fact that when they have lots of open tables they choose to sit everyone shoulder to shoulder in the same section next to each other. Cuts down on walking for the staff but ruins an otherwise great restaurant. Why do that when you have loads of open tables?Special Features:
- Back againjersey111VIPDined on 6/15/2014While it's a little pricey, and $40.00 entrees should come with a vegetable--(the waiter recommended the most expensive glass of red wine) the menu is innovative--especially the appetizers--the "outdoor" dining is nice and quiet--and it's convenient to City Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigPhishDined on 6/14/2014Perfect for a pre-show meal. Service was attentive and well paced. Sat at a table inside but next to the open door. Fresh air and breeze were nice. Had the baby artichoke appetizer. Sauce was fantastic and plate was cleaned thoroughly with the fresh foccaccia and italian bread provided. We both had pastas for dinner and both were excellent. Try the homemade cavatelli with lamb ragout and meatballs. Overall a great dinner for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great LocationMicheleDined on 6/13/2014We went to this restaurant because it was close to our hotel, it was raining, and the hotel had given us a discount coupon. We will definitely be going back! I couldn't decide between a fish dish and a pasta dish, but our server said I could get a half order of the pasta as an appetizer. Both the appetizer and the fish entree were excellent! My husband had an arugula beet salad that he was very happy with, then he had a veal chop entree that was also excellent. There were lots of good options to choose from on the menu, so we need to go back to try more things. We highly recommend Remi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remi fine diningWendeeDined on 6/11/2014The night we were at Remi the main restaurant and the patio were booked for a private event so we were served in a smaller room in the back, not as nice. But the food was very good, homemade pasta and delicious sauces with fresh ingredients. The cocktail and wine menu were extensive and interesting too. Service was friendly and solicitous and the wait staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Dessert was delicious too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Beautiful restaurant, inside and out. I could not get over how the waiter did not write anything down, and was so good at being not too intrusive and providing such excellent service at the same time.The Garganelli alla Remi was delicious. This is not your typical Italian restaurant, it has a flair to it that makes it unique. I truly enjoyed it!!!Special Features:
- favorite new york restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014The food is always delicious and service is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but...KeidiDined on 5/30/2014Pasta was excellent, salad was not. Service is great and the atmosphere is excellent. Overall experience is good though it is on the pricy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousBkwernerVIPDined on 5/30/2014Remi is a favorite, try to get here every time I'm in the City. Beautiful room and lighting, excellent service, and fantastic food. Special with guests, a date, or alone with a book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice experiencecherluiVIPDined on 5/29/2014Lovely, enjoyable experience. Was terrific lunch for restaurant week. Service was exceptional. Food delicious. My colleagues and I were impressed and plan to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014excellently fashioned italian food. consistent. refreshing. traditional and modern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceCorujaDined on 5/23/2014Good choice of italian restaurant. We were staying in a hotel just across the street, and were pleased we could have a nice meal so close to us in a rainy night.Special Features:
- Remi has never disappointedsmileVIPDined on 5/20/2014I have been going to Remi for over then years and have to say it never disappoint;sSpecial Features:
- A kind smile goes a long wayDyDuoVIPDined on 5/20/2014If it weren't for the manager of Remi who delivered excellent service to us with a smile, I would have wondered what kind of torture the staff were enduing in the background. From the hostess to the wine sommelier, no one smiled in this place! Dining is an overall experience beginning with the hostess, who for some reason along with the man who was helping to seat people that night, decided to snarl at us and brush me off as I asked for a free standing table. Why? Who knows. I own many restaurants in Phila. and treat my staff with kindness and in turn, they do the same for my many guests. Some inherent changes have to happen at this place before I will return. The manger Carlos was wonderful, and he is to be commended for a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchEatsVIPDined on 5/16/2014Caesar Salad with chicken was very good with the chicken moist and delicious. My companions very much enjoyed the different sauce on the pasta they ate. My only disappointment was that Remi didn't have the wonderful bread sticks they used to serve. Maybe they are only served at dinner, I didn't ask.Special Features:
- Staff not up to itYoungRetireeDined on 5/9/2014A fine restaurant - food, wine and ambience - but the waiting staff aren't up to the standards one would expect. No menu suggestions, serving various dishes not well-timed, order taken incorrectly, poor co-ordination, no dessert offering, bill presented hap-hazardously. They seem either distracted or rushed.Special Features:
- favorite NYCs dinner placeMaturefoodiesDined on 5/6/2014We live in Palo ALto and get to NYC every year or two. We come here each time and have recommended it to friends many times. It is wonderful in all respects.Special Features:
- Disapointing all around...DisappointedDined on 5/5/2014We made reservations at this restaurant because it was close to the Hilton and it had good reviews... Started with the Polenta, I love polenta, and this was the most disappointing dish I have ever had, the mushrooms were good, but one would expect mushrooms to be sautéed in a nice wine reduction or a sauce, no, they were dry, so was the dish... I had the Taglionlini Al Limone Con Cranseola Ed Asparagi Arrosto, again disappointed... I think they forgot the lemon completely, the dish was dry and the only good thing I can say about the dish was that there was plenty of lump crab... The Gnocchi, another disappointment!!! There are so many good restaurants in that area, don't waste your money here...
- Delicious find!MsDivine5Dined on 5/5/2014Our party of three had a wonderful dining experience @ Remi. The food was delicious, the ambience was serene, and the service attentive! Couldn't ask for anything more on a Monday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and Romantic PlaceCast1964Dined on 5/4/2014Remi is a great place to Dinner out with your friends,Family of specially with your wife. Nice atmosphere and foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, excellent ambianceSmrtfoodieVIPDined on 5/4/2014Simple but clean decor, waiter made excellent recommendations from menu. Food was fresh, hot, and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Nice diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014It was a very nice dining experience. They gave us a quieter table and were attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't botherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014Too many good restaurants to waste your time here. They sat us on top of each other despite the empty lunchtime dining room. Try a pris fixe lunch at boulud, bernadin, bouley instead. Awful busy location. If you need to eat before the theater you can do better than this. you only live once!