Back Bay Social Club
867 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Back Bay Social Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.backbaysocialclub.com/
- Phone: 6172473200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tim Raines
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Back Bay Social Club
'According to both the Boston Herald and the Boston Globe, the Back Bay Social Club will be opening in the old Vinny T's spot on Boylston Street, which is between Fairfield and Gloucester Streets and across from the Prudential Center and the Hynes Convention Center. The Herald mentions that the restaurant will have a capacity of 200 and will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Lyons Group, which is behind the Summer Shack, La Verdad, House of Blues, Kings, and a number of other Boston-area spots, is also behind the opening of the Back Bay Social Club.'-Boston Restaurant TalkContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Back Bay Social Club - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Back Bay Social Club reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (18)great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (4)scenic view (4)special occasion (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Loaction location locationBostonAASVIPDined on 6/23/2013The location of the restaurant is great, good outdoor seating. The waiter was great and accommodating. The hostess didn't seem to really want to be working and was not very helpful. The food was good, nothing special, but a decent brunch... almost everything had meat in it.Special Features:
- my first dinner in USAvan88Dined on 6/22/2013Really good place, try the chiken with thé waffle.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger great as alwaysBELinMADined on 6/22/2013Went in early on a Sat evening and we ordered the burger for which they are known. Both orders cooked exactly as requested. Delicious - and the fries were yummy as well. Margarita and Manhattan mixed well by the bartender. This is our place to go for a casual dinner in Back Bay. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dishes, but aver preparationSamsonDined on 6/16/2013The estabishment had some interesting dishes such as toasted quinoa, but the preparation was so so. For example the quinoa could have been more moist. We had to wait a bit to have our order taken. Also, we were given the wrong beer list, and my initial choice was no longe on the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/8/2013First visit to the Back Bay Social Club and probably won't be back. The menu isnt overly impressive, especially for the price. My meal was ok at best, but should have been much better. Very good selection of wines and beers. I would try other restaurants in the area that offer better food for your buck. It'll take a lot to get me back there.Special Features:
- Good Looking Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013The restaurant is filled with dark wood and cool accent pieces...very nice to look at....manly but beautiful. Food was delicious, and the drinks were great. Would recommend for friends to meet for dinner and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreGradDinerDined on 6/8/2013My dinner at Back Bay Social Club was not at all the worst dinner I've had, but it wasn't the best, either. I do have to say thank you to the hostess for seating us outside- we got there at 7:30 on a Saturday night and it was so loud inside the restaurant (not sure if it was a party at the bar or what) that we could barely hear each other! If we had had to eat inside, it would have definitely ruined the meal for us. Our table outside was nice, it was quiet and we were far enough from other parties to not feel crowded in. The food was just ok, and definitely overpriced. I got the SBLT (sloppy) that came with a sad side salad, and my bf got the fish and chips, which he liked, but it was a measly portion and didn't look very presentable.Special Features:
- Vibrant, Delicious DIningmlwhDined on 6/8/2013Menu is small but to me that means they do those few things very well. I had the Steak & Frites - the fries were excellent, rosemary a nice touch, but the steak was a little undercooked for medium, flavor was still good though. Husband had fish and chips which were done with mahi mahi - very unique take on the dish & it was delicious. Was remarkably loud inside even though it wasn't crowded. Server was attentive and helpful without being intrusive. Would recommend.Special Features:
- I have always had a positiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2013I have always had a positive experience every trip. The food is consistently good, as well as the service.Special Features:
- I'd like to forget everythingSteveDined on 5/19/2013I'd like to forget everything about the meal with the exception of the fantastic burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013Reasonable food, stick to the classics though- steak frites excellent, special of lobster ravioli not reccommended. We had a party of 12 which was no problem, nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Casual and comfortableSalemgalDined on 5/18/2013Went for Saturday night dinner before a concert. Outdoor dining was nice, tables not too close together. Service was attentive but not intrusive. The food was delicious and prepared as ordered. I would definitely return for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Scallops in TownSilentDogoodVIPDined on 5/10/2013LOVE this place. Will definitely be coming back very soon.Special Features:
- Wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2013The staff was very helpful and friendly, unfortunately, the food was subpar. On the upside, it's not terribly expensive. We had chicken and waffles and the gnocchi, upon recommendation from the waiter. Chicken was bland and gnocchi was dense - although the sauce was ok. The waiter couldn't recommend half of the menu, instead said "you can get that anywhere" so it didn't make us want to be adventurous.
- A bit too loud, even for someoneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2013A bit too loud, even for someone who enjoys some noise. Food, drinks, and service were great. Would return if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyShirlDined on 5/3/2013I liked the restaurant: interesting menu, good food, friendly, efficient service. But the noise level is horrific in certain parts of the place (partciularly the basement). We managed to get a table that wasn't as noisy as elsewhere, and I think they turned down the music when we complained. But, the restaurant is contributing to the deafness of the population and it doesn't have to. It's an enjoyable place to be without the cacaphony.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burger!!nevermissDined on 5/3/2013While it is more bar than restaurant, this is the place to go for their great burger. While it is $22, it is well worth it. The burger its self was delicious and the fries were wonderful. It is better than the burger at Radius and Craige Street Bistro. It was outstanding and worth the trip. The Sausage app was good and is great for sharing.Special Features:
- Graduation DinnerkgfoodieDined on 5/3/2013Everything was great. Although the menu online was different than the menu at the restaurant. I didn't get to order what I originally was going there to get, but my food was still excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedAB14VIPDined on 4/28/2013We go to BackBay Social Club quite often as we live around the corner and have left rave reviews numerous times and recommended it to multiple friends for a nice dinner or their amazing brunch. Unfortunately this meal left a lot to be desired. The burger (at $22!) was overdone and I noticed 2 other burgers being sent back that same evening. The grilled cheese is better at the local Panera. And most importantly our waitress was either far too busy for us or just didnt care; several times we had to get help from other staff members. I will go back at some point since we always used to have a great experience, maybe it was just a bad day, but we will not soon forget this afternoon.
- Lively bar scene, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2013Food was very good. We ended up trying the meat candy (kielbasa w/ brown sugar) and some delicious sliced french bread topped with mascarpone (I think), honey, and black truffle oil. I had the brisket entree and my wife had the salmon. Both were very good, especially for the price. They minuses were: only one beer left on tap and the noise level. I'm not sure how you only have one of a half dozen or so beers available on a Saturday night. I would rate this place a 9/10 on the noise scale - the bar crowd comes right up to the dining area and we had to scream at each other to carry on a conversation. I would go back but probably just for drinks and head to a quieter spot for dinner. Also - valet service would be a huge plus here.Special Features:
- Went here for a date. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Went here for a date. Had such a great time! Great food, great service and overall wonderful experience. Will definitely be back for moreSpecial Features:
- Pro's: -The bread rolls wereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2013Pro's: -The bread rolls were warm and amazing: super soft on the inside, but crunchy on the outside, and oh so yummy. -Many tempting items on menu; sad we could nto try them all. -The brisket was loved by all who ordered it; one is still dreaming of it 48 hours later -Cocktails were delicious -The apps we ordered and shared were tasty and we wished they were bigger servings Con's: -some of the dishes were disappointing, so maybe we are not that sad that we didn't get to try everything -the tortillini tasted like the frozen pasta I can buy at the grocery store -our last order of bread rolls came out cold and without butter (true, it was the 2nd refill we asked; they still tasted good) Overall value dependent on what you order.
- Kristinknicholls84Dined on 4/7/2013We had an excellent time during brunch at the Back Bay Social Club. Our waitress was very courteous and the lounge atmosphere was upscale yet comfortable. I will definitely recommend the Back Bay Social Club to others.Special Features:
- The food was fine, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/6/2013The food was fine, and the selection was just OK....lots of carb choices, but not much that didn't have a high carb content. Very noisy, really more of a bar scene than anything else, and we weren't looking for that.
- Good atmosphere, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013Good atmosphere, good food and decent service. The food is updated comfort food and everything was well prepared. Our server seemed new but was fine. I was with a small group but I have been here on dates as well and it is a reliable spot. It can get a little loud at times so I would not recommend this spot for a quiet romantic evening. I have always had a good experience here.Special Features:
- Good food but too noisyEsquire3278Dined on 3/30/2013Great burgers, but the change in atmosphere in the upstairs dining area is unfortunate. What used to be a nice restaurant atmosphere has been converted to a very loud bar atmosphere. I will think twice before returning.
- $22 for a burger??!! We expectedDCdinerVIPDined on 3/24/2013$22 for a burger??!! We expected something memorable. It was not. At all. Five Guys is more impressive and you can feed 4 for the same price. The manager was kind to comp our meal as it took one hour to come out of the kitchen but it was not a great meal. The lobster grilled cheese was small and the flavors did not meld well. The turkey sandwich had a frugal amount of turkey and thus also not well received. The chicken with waffles and eggs was interesting but again the flavor was not impressive. But at least the portion size was respectable. One note, go for the fries. These are amazing and everyone agreed they belonged next to some steak frites.Special Features:
- Great food, location and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013Food, location and atmosphere is great, service can be snobby...be prepared to wait until the bartenders are ready to acknowledge your presence, then wait another 15 minutes before the will give you the privilege of ordering a drink from them…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place can fit so manybrikDined on 3/9/2013This place can fit so many situations! Dim lighting and nice decorations (and fancy food) can make it romantic, cozy, and good for foodies/a special occasion, but if you're looking for any of these things, go earlier - the bar starts getting busy around 9 and it was much louder by the time we left! Food was delicious, service was great - VERY pleased.Special Features:
- The mussels were absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013The mussels were absolutely the best I've ever had. I would definitely recommend them. The burger was also excellent, although definitely over priced.
- great place for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Very friendly, attentive staff; great ambience. Cocktails well crafted. What I would describe as "Upscale comfort food" was mediocre. We really wanted to like it more:( Pricey for what it is, but portions are very generous. We shared the meat candy and Mussel appetizers: could've skipped the meat candy. Menu descriptions and appearance of food was great: just not so flavorful. Lobster potpie was disappointly bland (but looked gorgeous and did have lobster in it)Fish tacos were heavily battered and over-fried; tilapia did not taste like tilapia. Chicken and waffle entree was fun, but again chicken was heavily battered and over-fried/too hard for my liking. Bread pudding dessert was scrumptious, sent first cups of coffee back,cold.Special Features:
- The food was better than theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2013The food was better than the Yelp reviews stated. I thought the butternut squash raviolis were good, but could have had more filling. A lot of dishes have brussel sprouts, which I love, but not many people do.Special Features:
- Although it took a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/24/2013Although it took a long time for our food to come out, the manager came over and bought us a round of drinks, which I think to be a great thing for restaurants to do. We will go back because of that!Special Features:
- Food was awesome, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2013Food was awesome, service was a little slow but we had a group of 10 of us so that may have affected things. The waitress let us linger a little after dinner which was nice for a group, since you can't always talk to everyone at the table during dinner anyway (especially with a long rectangular table). Many of our friends in the group said they loved their dinner. The bar area fills up over the course of the evening which makes it a little loud. So I feel this is a fun place to go but perhaps not the place for a quiet romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- 1. Host greeted me with "HowJustSayin67VIPDined on 2/22/20131. Host greeted me with "How you doin' bro?" Seriously? 2. Server was nice, but I doubt that every single dish is truly "awesome." 3. Shrimp and grits was flavorful but incredibly oily. The rest of the food was OK, i.e., not "awesome." 4. The cocktails were excellent. I recommended this spot for a gathering with out-of-town friends. We were all underwhelmed. Won't be back.
- Great date spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013This place is great. Back bay social club provides a dynamic atmosphere while serving some very delicious food. The menu is not very long, but, when the food is this delicious, you don't need to compensate with too many options. Make sure to get the pineapple kielbasa appetizer to start. I would recommend this place to anyone in the 21 - 35 range...or anyone who is truly young at heart. This is a gem for Boston and a great place for a first date or my other occasion that calls for a great time.Special Features:
- Had a party of 6. Food cameMikeDined on 2/2/2013Had a party of 6. Food came out quickly and server was very attentive and polite without being over bearing. The burger was good.Special Features:
- Interesting menu, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013Interesting menu, great food, nice ambiance, but a tad loud.Special Features:
- Good Place For After Work CrowdOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/23/2013Good food with sort of a neuvo-Southern feel. The place is very loud and was pretty crowded on the Wednesday night I visited. They have a pretty large wine and liquor selection. The draft beer selection could have used some more variety.Special Features:
- burger!!!! get it!!!!WorkinggirlsDined on 1/19/2013Have the burger ---- unbelievable. Great, great location - walking to "other things" before and after just for funSpecial Features: