Back Bay Social Club
867 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Back Bay Social Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.backbaysocialclub.com/
- Phone: 6172473200
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tim Raines
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Back Bay Social Club
'According to both the Boston Herald and the Boston Globe, the Back Bay Social Club will be opening in the old Vinny T's spot on Boylston Street, which is between Fairfield and Gloucester Streets and across from the Prudential Center and the Hynes Convention Center. The Herald mentions that the restaurant will have a capacity of 200 and will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The Lyons Group, which is behind the Summer Shack, La Verdad, House of Blues, Kings, and a number of other Boston-area spots, is also behind the opening of the Back Bay Social Club.'-Boston Restaurant TalkContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Back Bay Social Club reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (4)romantic (4)scenic view (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lackluster Valentine'sskazDined on 2/14/2014Went for Valentine's Day dinner and wasn't super impressed. Granted, it's a very busy night and they were turning over tables like crazy, but for a hefty price tag the food was mediocre and it was insanely loud. I've been for brunch and enjoyed it, but wouldn't recommend visiting during a busy [holiday] dinner shift.
- Great food.JohnDined on 2/14/2014This bar/restaurant is pretty amazing. The space is split across two floors, the upstairs being a bustling lounge area and the downstairs a quieter dining room. The dining room is dark at night with some accent lighting that definitely makes the space feel very private even with people at surrounding tables. There are several TVs, but they aren't the center of attention and we're not distracting. All of the food was amazing, we had the candied kielbasa affectionately known as meat candy, chicken and waffles, and braised short ribs. Our server was friendly but a bit new and nervous. My only gripe is the bar prices which are pretty high. A neat scotch was $14 and cocktails were $12, ouch. Overall a great spot, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back BayBaileyDined on 2/14/2014Service was great, not a huge selection on the menu, but food was good. Drinks were good to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No seared tuna?!BetsDined on 2/14/2014I have been to the BackBay Social Club many times and this was the first time they did not have seared tuna on the menu. My boyfriend & I were dismayed to see this. Our waitress mentioned it was the day before that they had changed their menu. We were upset because previously BackBay Social Club had the best seared tuna in Boston (we would go there just for that sometimes). Our waitress had the manager sent to our table. He was upset that we were upset and actually had the kitchen make just for us their old seared tuna! We were both surprised and thrilled and hope they bring it back permanently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was diappointed they do notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2014was diappointed they do not serve no alcoholic bear or wine
- Worst place in BostonlilillauraDined on 2/9/2014Never going back here -- the food was really awful! We got the chicken and waffles, which we asked to be served first as an appetizer to share, but it came out with the rest of our plates. I immediately spit out the first bite thinking I ate a piece of gristle, only to realize that the entire piece of chicken was the same rubbery, chewy/crunchy consistency. Not only that, but the breading on the chicken was soggy. The eggs benedict were bland, and the english muffins they sat on were fluffy and chewy. I'm not sure hollandaise sauce has ever ruined a meal before this. The bacon was like a doggy "Beggin' Strip." Service was very slow and it seemed like they were all new and didn't know what they were doing.
- Pricey Food, Average ServiceNicoleVIPDined on 2/4/2014We sat around waiting for a hostess to sit us for about 15 minutes, although the restaurant was empty on a Tuesday night. The server brought me the incorrect drink, but quickly retracted and brought me the correct one. He had a number of follow up questions for what we ordered. Each of us had an entree and two of us (out of four) ordered appetizers. While the service was average (honestly, mediocre at best), the food was much better, although I'd say it's overpriced. We got the meat candy, a few salads, steak frites, chicken and waffles, and ricotta crostini. The food was great, but again, overpriced. I'm not sure if I'd go back.Special Features:
- Service for geriatricsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2014The chicken and waffles, we ruined by their BBQ honey? Sauce
- Lackluster BrunchLDLDVIPDined on 1/18/2014Despite having $1 oysters, there wasn't a whole lot else special about brunch. Our server was nice, but the food took forever to come out, and when it did, it was missing items/incorrect. I did enjoy the cocktails, they have great bloody mary's.
- Good PlaceLimitbreakDined on 1/6/2014The food was good with a lot of options. It was really good fr the money and the service was good. I was not disappointed at all.Special Features:
- Perfect for New YearsbackbayfanDined on 12/31/2013My friend and I didn't want to spend a ton of money on New Years, so we made a late-night reservation at Back Bay Social for dinner. Delicious food, amazingly nice waiters. Wine by the bottle wasn't cheap. Tofu/beet salad was a good size and very flavorful. Sausage sampler was huge--big enough for 3 or 4 people as an appetizer. Chicken and waffles would have been perfect, but they put BBQ sauce on top (who puts BBQ sauce on waffles?). Ask for the sauce on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the chicken and wafflesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/28/2013Love the chicken and waffles but have found them to be inconsistent recently. I know what they can be when they're good so I guess that keeps me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot!CHM1VIPDined on 12/28/2013Anything I've ever ordered at Back Bay Social Club I have absolutely loved - the burger is phenomenal, the turkey cubano was awesome and the chicken and waffles are unbelievable. I'd definitely recommend this spot to anyone who's looking for a good brunch spot. I've never been for dinner. I hear it's an awesome bar scene at night but have never been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above average Bar FoodWillieDined on 12/20/2013Solid food, although probably more 2.5 stars than 3. but a nice wait staff and a quality bar make for a decent, affordable dining experience in a convenient location.Special Features:
- Hipster spot lives up to hypeAbbyDeMoVIPDined on 12/20/2013All the bearded waiters in plaid shirts aside - the food was quite delicious! The burger was a standout - the gnocchi was tasty but has too many veggies (especially carrots). Cocktails were delish and service was very good! Seems like a good date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at BBSCNellDined on 12/7/2013Great food, service friendly but not fast...which wasn't so bad as great atmosphere - we were in no hurry to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous Burger!GratefulFoodDined on 12/5/2013in my opinion this is the best burger in Boston. Absolutely great burger. The meat, cheese, cooked onions, bun, and ketchup were all incredible. Perfectly cooked. I am a founding member of the Burger of The Month Club in Boston. This is my highest rated burger in the 3+ years since it started. They should rename it the Back Bay Burger Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013The food was great and served uniquely on wooden boards - a great touch. The staff very attentive, warm and friendly.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/23/2013I came here for my birthday party last night and it was just amazing!! Great scene, bar is a lot of fun, and the food was AMAZING!! I had the chicken and waffles, so delicious. In a perfect location also. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. I will for sure be coming back and recommending this to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/23/2013All of our food was fantastic. The mussels were amazing, my steak frites was cooked a perfectly medium rare, and my friend'a burger was also perfectly cooked. Overall, a great experience!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a night outBackBayDinerDined on 11/23/2013We were a party 3 for an early dinner reservation on a really cold night. It was nice and relaxing and service was great. Just beware, it does become a hot spot and much more of a bar than a restaurant the later you go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodEyeBallerDined on 11/8/2013Good food. I like the chicken and waffles. One of the better places in the city to get that type of meal. Portion was nice and large, just how i like it. The service is just ok. Its definitely not bad but mostly college kids. Nice place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 of our 8 orders had to beOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/20132 of our 8 orders had to be sent back and taken off the bill, nice that they took off bill but overall not a good experience. The oysters were awful and the steak frites was served cold. Waitress was nice, not her fault
- Rude DoormanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013I've been to Back Bay Social Club several times and always had a great experience. This time, the only poor experience was with the doorman -- and it was one of the worst I've experienced ever. When I said I had a reservation from Open Table, he looked at me and laughed. I asked what was funny, and he looked at what I assume was the manager, though I'm not sure, and took a small piece of paper from his hand. He asked for my name, laughed again, and when I asked if he did not see the name, he scoffed "No I see it." It was the weirdest and rudest experience I've ever had going to a restaurant. It felt like I was at some snobby bar in NYC where bouncers acted like they run the city. It was a power trip at it's finest.Special Features:
- Location is not enoughRupertDined on 10/28/2013This Back Bay restaurant looks great but the food and service were subpar. Even though the dining room was empty, our server hurried us through the meal, bringing the entrees when we were barely finished with our first courses. This brusque, unfriendly attitude continued throughout the meal -- which was itself disappointing. Probably a better bet if you just want a drink.
- 86 bucks for 2 burgers?burgerfanDined on 10/26/2013OK . We had 1 salad, a glass of wine and a Sprite. We were lucky to be seated downstairs where we could hear each other talk. The waitress was perfectly helpful and not obstrusive. As a midwesterner I believe that there is nothing better than a good hamburger. Unfortunately I asked for a rare burger. It was so rare that it was barely warm. The beef quality couldn't have been better so it was a lesson for me. Say "medium rare" next time that I have $22.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a casual drink,RegulardinerVIPDined on 10/25/2013Nice place for a casual drink, but food was just OK. Location was convenient to event at Boaton Conservatory, but lacked nice vibe.
- Good, not greatRobTNHVIPDined on 10/13/2013Perfectly acceptable for a quick casual meal. Went before a Red Sox game and thought it was pretty good. Menu isn't huge, but good barbecue and burgers. Nice bar and good beer selection. Service was friendly. We would return but won't go out of our way.Special Features:
- Great Food!TonyaDined on 10/13/2013The food was amazing and great portion sizes! The chicken and waffles are to die for!!!Special Features:
- Best Burger anywhere!CodyDined on 10/5/2013I went there with high expectations for their Social Burger and it stood up to the hype and then some! A mix of dry aged beef cooked to perfection with a side of handcut fries! I have never had a burger this good and I'm not so sure I will ever find one as good. It does cost $22 but it was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere with above-averageSusieQDined on 9/24/2013Fun atmosphere with above-average food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Probably won't return...BackBayEaterDined on 9/21/2013We went to BBSC back in May for dinner to help support the businesses near the Boston Marathon bombing locations and the food exceeded my expectations. We returned this past Saturday for brunch/lunch and the food was sub-par. The description for the lobster and crab roll was very enticing, and with a $17 price tag my expectations were high. However, a soggy hot dog roll with filling that was more mayo than seafood was delivered, and I was not thrilled. We probably won't return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service for a largeLRF112Dined on 8/10/2013Excellent service for a large party on a Saturday night, and fun atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great patiojenjVIPDined on 7/31/2013My boss was in town from France and wanted a good burger. Since this burger is on a few of the Boston top ten burger lists I figured we'd give it a try. I got a wild mushroom salad to start, which was amazing. I got the hake for my meal, which was also very good. My boss got the burger and said it was really good. Sat outside on the patio, which is the best part. Server was very friendly and great with menu recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken and wafflesChipDined on 7/26/2013The food is awesome...a bit noise so would not recommend for a romantic evening...must have the chicken and waffles just specialSpecial Features:
- Loved itDLynne2Dined on 7/17/2013Great bartenders and quick, efficient service. Drink menu was relevant to the season. Perfect sized menu - just enough options. I would definitely recommend this place. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2013The steak frites were good, but oh boy were they salty... I also got them "Medium" and they were medium-rare at most. They were still very good, so I can only imagine if they are cooked right..Special Features:
- Hit or miss? Hit!weeds617Dined on 7/13/2013I know folks have had mixed experiences here, but for my and my friends' purposes that night, it really met all of our expectations! We wanted someplace vibey with energy but where we could also talk without screaming at each other. We got there at 8:00pm and thought "Oops" - the place was almost empty! But as the night wore on, it became packed, but with a good noise level that was energizing but not overwhelming. We had a variety of servers; they were attentive but sometimes a bit too attentive! Tended to try to whisk away our plates and drinks when we still had not finished. The ribeye was excellent, as were the sliders, my friend loved her brisket, but surprisingly my fave was the spinach salad! Who knew that would ever happen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to rave aboutNikkiVIPDined on 7/11/2013Food was average. Had the gnocchi, and stuffed ravioli. Servers were nice. Plaid shirts confused me. Nice patio area.
- Very good serviceCmp6VIPDined on 7/11/2013Portions were small, but tasty. Bet it's a fun place later at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.