Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
4308 Main Street
Whistler, BC V0N 1B4Neighborhood:
Whistler Village North
SteakPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hyssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6049055555
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Hy's warm resort-style and central location is second to none for private dining. Our stunning restaurant can play host for any occasion, from the most formal reception to the most casual get together.
We can comfortably accommodate up to 18 in a semi-private dining room, but arrangements can be also be made for parties from 60-120 in semi-private areas of the restaurant, or in some cases, full restaurant buy-outs. Whether you are planning a sit-down meal, or a stand-up cocktail style reception, we are happy to discuss your options, and the many ways Hy's professional team can make your party an occasion to remember.
- Private Party Contact: Geoff Weddell 6049055555
A word from Hy's Steakhouse Whistler
Hy's has been Canada's premier steakhouse for over 50 years. This stunning location in the beautiful resort town of Whistler features Canadian Prime beef, an award-winning wine list and exceptional service in a warm contemporary atmosphere. As Whistler's only true steakhouse, we will ensure every guest a memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler - Best Restaurants in Whistler Village North ›
Hy's Steakhouse Whistler reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)notable wine list (17)romantic (16)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great food, crap staffmkcolDined on 3/14/2014Food was really great, with massive ample portions. If you like brusque service, trying to push you along when you're not finished one course while preparing the next one's arrival then you'll love this place. Even more when the Maitre d' comes along at the end of the meal & swipes away all the wine glasses as he "doesn't like empty wine glasses on tables" despite there being wine still in one - then you'll think this place awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/14/2014Everything would be perfect if the hosts at the door would not be judgemental with guests and take the jackets only for the selected ones; but all the rest was great.Special Features:
- Always an exceptional SteakJParkDined on 3/7/2014This our second year, spending time in Whistler and visiting Hy's. The reccomendations from our server (Dean) were perfect. Even for one in our party whom cannot consume gluten. All the food was cooked perfectly and the ambiance was great. Would recommend to anyone whom is looking for a great steak while visiting Whistler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent...YumsterVIPDined on 3/6/2014...from welcome and choice of seats, to service and food. Didn't experience one hiccup. Solid and consistent start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service, excellentlyCTM1Dined on 3/5/2014Attentive service, excellently prepared food and a wine list that is extensive and innovative. Really a wonderful find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely mealMijaDined on 2/27/2014The food was excellent, we all had different starters but all had steaks for main course which were very succulent and cooked to perfection. A very good and varied wine list. The manager and our waitress were very helpful and polite. The only downside was the man behind the bar, he had no personality and when asked what ingredients was he putting into the cocktail he was making he was quite rude. Otherwise a very enjoyable experience, I would recommend a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good except the tablePammy54VIPDined on 2/22/2014Everything was excellent except we were sat on the outskirts of the bar..so really still in the bar. Steaks are awesome.Special Features:
- Our waiter was very slow andRoverDined on 2/21/2014Our waiter was very slow and did not check on us for long periods of time. He was very unprofessional and was did not know the menu very well. Restaurant was very loud, and food was not as good for the price. I would not recommend this place, won't be back.
- Really good food. The wineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014Really good food. The wine list was 3 times the price of any other place we have been, including New York and Paris.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yorkshire Pudding, What's That?jayjayjonDined on 2/15/2014I celebrated my birthday with a small group at Hy's this past weekend. While I enjoyed my meal . . . I feel that the ordering of Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding was a little bit of a mystery to the males at the table. When they received their plate, they were aghast at the big "Hat" of pastry on top of their prime rib. When I explained that it was Yorkshire Pudding, both of them took a bite then pushed the rest to the side, unimpressed. I personally think it was a little bit of a sight overload and would have tasted better if cooked in the pan drippings the meat was cooked in. It appeared to be a quick-cook version. Not as memorable as I would have liked :(Special Features:
- Surf and TurfNScottsdaleDined on 2/14/2014Our family had a very nice surf and turn dinner that was very enjoyable. Great place and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upon arrival as we were walkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014Upon arrival as we were walking to our table a waiter dropped ketchup and splattered all over my girlfriends purse and pants. With the dim lighting we did not notice it until we arrived back home. Our service was slow. We were left for long periods not knowing where our waitress was. Drinks were left empty when we would have ordered a few more.Special Features:
- If you want a steak, thisMastigiDined on 2/9/2014If you want a steak, this is the place to go! A little pricey, but well worth it. My husband had the lamb, and he said it was the best he has ever had. Nice place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Superb SteakJohnnyRoofus1Dined on 2/8/2014It was undoubtably the best steak I have ever eaten and would recommend HY,s to anyone that is a carnivore simple super evening great service from Marvin and enjoyed the food we will definitely come back and dine here Whatever's you are doing keep on doing itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERVIEWAMC1957Dined on 2/8/2014We ordered 2 Caesar salads and a soup to start,the caesar was made table side however,because there was no room beside our table it was made off to the side,once the salad was made the waiter left and they sat on the table for about 9-10 mins till the soup arrived,kind defeats the idea of having it fresh and made to order.I ordered the prime rib medium,I got a steak instead,then explained a mistake was made and waited for the prime rib to arrive,when it did it was rare,my son ordered steak medium got it well done.From Hy's reputation alone I expected a much better experience.My son wanted to go to a Real Steak House in the end I felt we spent a lot of money and could have had a better dinner at the Keg.Special Features:
- Amazing Steakfood1234567Dined on 2/7/2014Very much enjoyed my meal, the restaurant had a sat us next to a group of guys that were partying pretty hard though and that ruined a bit of the ambience. Our server was pretty focused on that table and another large group of men next to them. Understandable being a server that tending to large groups can get you to lose time for smaller tables but I would have expected a little bit more attention than was given. I would have liked to have another drink/ or another bottle of wine, but it was not offered at the end of the meal unfortunately. I really wouldn't have expected this to be a regular night out at Hy's but it is what it is. Overall, our server was quite friendly, the host staff was lovely and the meal was FANTASTIC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The iceberg wedge with blueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014The iceberg wedge with blue cheese is amazing. We had the rack of lamb and beef medallions. Very tender and tasty.Special Features:
- Definitely not impressed withBellyDined on 1/31/2014Definitely not impressed with this place. Have had much better steaks at Morton's or Ruth's Chris. Save your money and go to Araxi or 21 Steps - much better food overall!
- Great dining experience!SAMIDined on 1/21/2014Returned to Hy's on a repeat visit to Whistler, BC. and once again, the food, service and ambiance were outstanding. A number of years has passed since we last dined at Hy's so we are pleased to report we were not disappointed. Though there are numerous places to dine in Whistler/Blackcomb, the menu, quality of the food as well as impeccable service and attention to detail at Hy's are consistently top notch!Special Features:
- Over priced for what you getApreskierDined on 1/10/2014In a competitive market, Hy's is well behind. Limited menu choices for kids. When it did arrive the kids chicken strips were incredibly tough and over cooked. It seemed they had be prepared earlier and left in a warmer perhaps? Luckily we had the steak knives to cut through the strips. Very friendly service, but quite slow with the food delivery. Not ideal when you've been skiing all day. The steaks were ok at the best but the sad looking fries looked like they may have been sharing the warmer with the chicken strips.
- Whistler travelerXxddrrt2VIPDined on 1/1/2014Food was very good although we had to wait quite a while for it. Waiter was apologetic and we enjoyed it all one it arrived. The wine list on an iPad is very creativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse at its finestScottFamilyDined on 12/29/2013Old-school steak and seafood restaurant, with gigantic side dishes and everything cooked to perfection. Yummy appetizers and generous portions all around. Great service - cant wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, need more attention to detailtrickydicky1VIPDined on 12/28/2013Went to Hy's in Whistler between Christmas a New Year. Atmosphere was excellent and staff were cheerful and friendly. Overall, enjoyed the experience, but did have one significant gripe. It was the day of my daughter's 13th birthday and a celebration event. I'd included a note of this birthday with the reservation made on Open Table. However, this big day was not acknowledged by the restaurant and it appeared to us that no one had read my note. For a restaurant with Hy's reputation, I was a bit disappointed with this lack of attention to detail. Otherwise, we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminded us of Ruth's Chris...KevinPdxDined on 12/28/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Hy's in Whistler. The service was friendly and impeccable. The food was excellent. We found a nice bottle of Okanagan Pinot Noir for under $50. We split the the Gorgonzola encrusted Filet Mingon prepared medium rare, and it was excellent as were the Oysters Rockefeller and the tomato salad. The atmosphere, service and menu are very much on par with Ruth's Chris. The meal was during the holidays in a resort area so the noise from kids, etc. was a little more than normal, but that'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous steak dinnerMintyDined on 12/25/2013Awesome steaks. Calamari entree excellent. Complimentary garlic toast tremendous. No space for dessert so we will have to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for steak lovers, but .....MrsAlabamaDined on 12/24/2013Went here for Christmas Eve dinner, was seated upon arrival no waiting. It was very crowded and very noisy in the dining room. Not a place for small children. If you are a meat eater this is the place for you, but a minor selection of seafood for non meat eaters. Would not recommend the Hy's steak with their "special" sauce because the sauce totally takes away from a nice piece of beef. The filet was nice as was the fish special of the day. A nice compliment to the meal was the Caesar salad prepared table side. Service was a bit slow, but considering it was a holiday it was excused. If you are in Whistler and don't mind spending a bit more than usual this restaurant is recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve dinner was fabulous,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013Christmas Eve dinner was fabulous, and the service couldn't have been better. Was able to order off of the menu instead of a set menu. From the caesar salad, cheese bread to the steaks and wine - nothing could have been improved on. It was all wonderful. Wine list was quite extensive, but the server was able to recommend one that she knew we would like. All of the staff that were very friendly and helpful. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak was mediocre. GivenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2013The steak was mediocre. Given the price, I was expecting better. The restaurant was also too dark for my liking. Overall, it was only an acceptable experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful service by Claudie,LynneVIPDined on 12/22/2013Wonderful service by Claudie, but the highlight was the caeser salad prepared by Sebastian. It was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as everAbcdDined on 12/20/2013Always have a good meal here, great for sea food and for meat, nice ambiance, good service,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good valuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/16/2013Food was not great besides the steak everything else mediocre.
- Great SteaksajyDined on 12/6/2013The best steaks we have had since we last ate at this restaurant which was twelve years ago! A great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Steak, Regular ServiceVanFoodieDined on 12/6/2013The steak is excellent, but don't expect the price to reflect the kind of restaurant this is-- not a 5*! The service was average, the greeting at the door was lacking, and the prawn appitizer and bread basket (wrapped with messy foil in a basket) were "ok." If you are wanting to feel pampered, Hy's is not for you-- try Araxi in Whistler instead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner successMIchelle98033Dined on 12/3/2013We went on a Tuesday evening, we were basically the only people in the restaurant. Not that it's a bad thing mind you! Our waiter was great. I was a little disappointed in my filet, and at $50 for it, I guess I expected a little better. None the less, over all it was a nice evening, everyone was very friendly. I would for sure recommend this steakhouse.Special Features:
- Outrageous drink prices and ok foodluluDined on 11/9/2013$25 for a Grey Goose martini? I rarely have them but know you pay a premium for better-quality vodka, but seriously? Food was ok at best - their starters are good and worth having - the cheese bread, the Caesar salad but avoid the ribs which are oven-baked with a very sweet sauce. I can make better at home. The Cajun steak was tender but over-seasoned and too salty. Service was attentive. Used to be you would be guaranteed a great meal at Hy's - this is the second time we've been disappointed and we won't be back. Please note that I rarely post on poor experiences - I understand this could make or break someone's decision to go but if you are a high-quality, high-priced restaurant you really have to deliver more than mediocre.Special Features:
- Best steak in whistlerMissionGirlDined on 10/26/2013Not only does Hy's offer the best steaks in Whistler.....but their accompanying dishes are soooooo good as well. Jeff our server made our evening complete with his knowledge and sense of humour....he is a real assets to the restaurant. Dressing up is not necessary, families welcome and so conveniently located. Don't miss out on Whistler's Gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had never been and wantedwootDined on 10/23/2013I had never been and wanted to take advantage of the 3 course special. The regular price menu is too high and I can't believe its prices are what they are. The food was not anythng spectacular. I don't think I would ever go back. I think the keg is better. The food at hy's seems dated. Although tasty, not what I expected from a high end restaurant.
- ohhhh boy!!Robuc1Dined on 10/19/2013Hy's is still one of the best places on earth for a great steak. Although I've cut back a lot on red meat, i've been eating at Hy's since a teenager. 40 years later it's still fantastic. Great Caesar salad still made at the table, Pittsburgh rare bone-in ribeye....HEAVEN!!! A couple of reasonably priced reds hidden within the extensive (and expensive) wine list. LOVE IT!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentKevinDined on 10/12/2013A friend recommended and we were very happy of how right he was. Prime rib was top drawer, and the server was awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hydinerwhistlerDined on 10/4/2013the food was good. I must say the ad for tender steaks and stiff drinks was not accurate. although the steak was tender and tasty the drinks were not stiff but the meal was very good.!Special Features: