A La Lucia
315 Madison St.
Alexandria, VA 22314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
A La Lucia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.alalucia.com/
- Phone: 7038365123
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Nayeri
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Dining Space available for 20-40 Guests! Please visit our website or call 703-836-5123 for more information!
- Cross Street: North Royal St. (800 Block)
- Public Transit: The closest MetroRail Stop is Braddock Road (Yellow and Blue Lines) Distance 12 Blocks, however walking is not recommended. Alexandria Dash Bus #AT2 and/or #AT5 Bus will stop accross the street from the restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is somewhat congested during Lunch Hours. Metered spaces are available behind the building if street parking cannot be found. After 5pm and on Weekends guests should expect to find parking within 1 Block of the restaurant in most instances.
A word from A La Lucia
a la Lucia is a neighborhood restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. We specialize in homemade traditional Italian Fare and Italian Wines. Owner Michael Nayeri has been in the Washington Restaurant Business for over 20 years. We offer Brick oven Pizzas, Patio Seating, and Kids Menus. Our Private Wine Room is available for all types of parties up to 40 guests. We have a Full bar, specializing in Wine, where we broadcast all major sporting and news events.Continued
Save 25% off any bottle of Wine when you dine in for Dinner on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday! Every Week!
Save 25% off any bottle of Wine when you dine in for Dinner on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday! Every Week!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
A La Lucia - Best Restaurants in Alexandria ›
A La Lucia reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (103)fit for foodies (41)romantic (33)special occasion (31)notable wine list (28)good for groups (24)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- From the outside, a la LuciaRockfishFanDined on 8/29/2010From the outside, a la Lucia is nothing to behold. Inside is another story. Service was superb from the moment we walked in, and each of our entrees and starters was excellent. The wine list is diverse and mostly Italian, including an extraordinary selection of vintage Tignanello, Gaja, and Sassicaia. Wine prices are below average to start, and 25% off Sunday through Tuesday. I am often frustrated by restaurants with wine lists that do not stand up to what the chefs produce. Not so at a la Lucia.Special Features:
- The food was exceptional andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2010The food was exceptional and service excellent! It was our first visit and we will definitely return.Special Features:
- One of Old Town Alexandria'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2010One of Old Town Alexandria's best. Fresh ingredients, hand-made pastas, great variety, manageable portions. A pleasant atmosphere indoors and a small but nice outdoor area. Well off the beaten path of King St., so it's not a mob scene. But be sure to get reservations for anything on the weekend. This is well known and appreciated by locals -- and for good reason.Special Features:
- We went there on Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2010We went there on Friday night around 9.00/9.30 PM. The wait staff was tired and our waitress was a little impatient and not too friendly. The food was OK but not GREAT! There are many other restaurants in the area I will like to try so I will not be returning any time soon.
- Have never had a bad mealSoutherngent67VIPDined on 8/27/2010Have never had a bad meal here with many if not most pastas and other dishes handmade; can be noisy when busy with high ceilings and hard finishes. Prices lower than many restaurant competitors for same if not better quality food.Special Features:
- We celebrated my wife's parentsNjoylifeDined on 8/27/2010We celebrated my wife's parents 50th Wedding Aniversary at A La Lucia. They easily accomodated our rather large group. They did such a tremendous job, food was appropriate temperature, wine list was wonderful. My wife and I have been back several times. What a gem. Great neighboorhood restaurant. Bravo A La Lucia.Special Features:
- Nice location, and interestingLowellDined on 8/27/2010Nice location, and interesting menu, but the two pasta dishes we had were a too buttery/rich, and the chocolate cake for dessert was a disappointment. We enjoyed our outdoor table (right on a lovely park) but food fell slightly short, at least to our taste.Special Features:
- Everything we had was great.tennisVIPDined on 8/27/2010Everything we had was great. The fresh foccacia was wonderful, the osso bucco was very tender and richly flavored - probably the best we've ever had. Highly recommend for italian food in Alexandria.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good food, wentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2010Surprisingly good food, went for Alexandria Restaurant Week. Great experience!Special Features:
- A great offering for AlexandriaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2010A great offering for Alexandria restaurant week, with excellent choices over the three courses. Superior veal, fish, pasta, chocolate dessert and cheeses. Bravi.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2010I was very disappointed with our evening at a la lucia. The server took a long time to come to our table, and was quite short with us when he was there. While my ravioli entree was very good, my husband's meal was not very good. His beef was good, but the side of spinach was very poor. I wish I could say something positive about desert, but the peach tart was just terrible - and with peaches as good as they are right now in season I would have expected more. I am not one to be very picky but I was truly disappointed in our meal and experience.
- My husband and I were thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2010My husband and I were there for restaurant week. The fixed price dinner menu had a variety of offerings; we had the mussels which were perfect, and the sliced tomato/mozzarella salad. Given that it was summer, the tomatoes were hard and tasteless so that was disappointing. My main course was the baked sea bass which was amazing and then I had the peach tart for dessert which was rather tastless. The service was perfect with the courses never coming ahead of time.Special Features:
- Got seated 50 minutes lateOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2010Got seated 50 minutes late for 8 PM reservations and then kitchen was out of several items. Perhaps a bit too many reservations for the time frame. Disappointed that the 25% off wine did not apply to the bottle we ordered at the bar waiting to be seated to dine???? It did apply once we were seated. Enjoyable evening nonetheless, great food but made for a late night.Special Features:
- My appetizer was not reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2010My appetizer was not really that good - artichokes were stringy and tough. Too hard to deal with. The veal was very good, but green beans were not tasty at all. Both of us left them uneaten. I've had better meals there. Will try again when its not Restaurant Week.
- My husband thoroughly enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/22/2010My husband thoroughly enjoyed the salami plate, his homemade veal pasta, and his chocolate mousse. I enjoyed my caesar salad, my homemade mushroom pasta, and my chocolate mousse. Both of the pastas were very flavorful and delicious. The waitstaff was very friendly and we enjoyed having them share their knowledge about the restaurant with us. Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Loved it! The food was terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2010Loved it! The food was terrific and the staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- It was restuarant week. I'llOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/21/2010It was restuarant week. I'll give you a bye on food this time.
- My husband and I have eatenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2010My husband and I have eaten at a la Lucia twice. Both times the food was excellent and the service was good as well. We highly recommend the mussels; the restaurant serves a hearty portion cooked in a delicous sauce! If you live in the North Old Town area, a la lucia is a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2010The restaurant was very attentive. Within 10 seconds of me dropping my knife I had a new one on the table. The somelier helped us pick out a nice wine and the food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Always a consistent crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2010Always a consistent crowd pleaser with a great menu, great wine list and a great staff.
- The wait staff does not haveSoutherngirlVIPDined on 8/17/2010The wait staff does not have a real positive attitude. They are a tad surly.
- Never have had a bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2010Never have had a bad experience here. Absolutely fantastic food at great prices and very prompt service. Plus the noise level is fairly low and there's enough space between tables to have privacy. The lighting is also perfect for romantic occasions. What better place could you ask for?! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- A La Lucia is truly a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/12/2010A La Lucia is truly a great restaurant. The food is wonderful; the wines are interesting; the service is excellent; the ambience is warm and appealing, and the price is reasonable. it is highly recommended for a casual dinner any time.Special Features:
- A La Lucia never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2010A La Lucia never disappoints. I've never ordered anything that I didn't thoroughly enjoy, and it's very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- We had a very enjoyable dinnerBardeezDined on 7/31/2010We had a very enjoyable dinner there with tasty food and good service. We hope to return!
- Worst so called Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2010Worst so called Italian food I have ever eaten! Would not refer my worst enemy to this place. Veal fettucine? It was diced cubed square chunks of some processed meat, cheap processed noodles (pasta) and the worst sauce evr, that obviously came out of a can at Safeway. I had one bite of this mess, then threw it away when I got home.
- Great Italian wine and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/30/2010Great Italian wine and the food was very fresh and tasty!Special Features:
- The food is good, the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2010The food is good, the service is very courteous but the nite we were there was VERY busy and the waiter was held up several times.Special Features:
- This restaurant is truly aOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2010This restaurant is truly a neighborhood gem -- outstanding food and wine at reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and great servicehappyVIPDined on 7/25/2010Excellent food and great service at a reasonable price. One of the top restayrants in Old Town.Special Features:
- As always, the food was wonderful.Bluehen66Dined on 7/21/2010As always, the food was wonderful. Have never had anything but great food here. And the bread, crisp on the outside and chewy inside. I must be in Italy.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2010One of my favorite restaurants in Alexandria, off the beaten path. Food is always superb; staff attentive.Special Features:
- We had an excellent meal inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2010We had an excellent meal in a great setting with fantastic service! We will definitely come back to A La Lucia!Special Features:
- Being one of the first clientsScottNancyVIPDined on 7/15/2010Being one of the first clients at A La Lucia when it opened a number of years ago, my wife & I can attest that Michael Nayeri's legacy is that he has maintained A La Lucia's DNA as a basic, great food and great service-oriented US-neighborhood Italian Bistro with all the great attributes that Italian-based small town bistros have! It just keeps plugging like the bunny with the battery..... We always enjoy Michael's restaurant & supporting cast! Your Friends, Scott & NancySpecial Features:
- Food was very good. OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2010Food was very good. Overall will go back. Some small suggestions for them to consider:Service was rushed though and rather pushy- in terms of coming over for us to order, clearing our plates etc.Coffee was horrible - cold and bitter. Another waitor brought over expresso and it was fresh. I wish our waitor would have noticed he was serving terrible coffee- it even smelled stale.Special Features:
- After much research and ourMagpieFanDined on 7/10/2010After much research and our first option having no reservations available, I found A La Lucia! The reviews were good and the prices were excellent compared to other restaurants in the area. What a gem to find! Huge wine list, traditional and non-traditional Italian, excellent hand made pasta and gelato. Great for families, kids or a romantic night out. Not to noisy to have conversation, excellent service with servers who know their food and wines well. I'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- We love A La Lucia! The foodDCdinerVIPDined on 7/2/2010We love A La Lucia! The food is fabulous, and the service is the best - friendly, neighborhood-like.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2010The food was excellent, a great meal and able to have a nice conversation while eating. We'll definitely dine here again.
- We have now been there twicePatriciaVIPDined on 6/26/2010We have now been there twice and loved it both times. The salmon was the best I have had anywhere, and I order this in many restuarants! Everything about this dining experience was excellent. I requested a table in the quieter room and the location was very good.Special Features: