2761 Washington Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tallularestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037785051x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rob Rubba
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Wine Shop in the front of Tallula can be reserved for parties up to 16 people (semi-private).
- Private Party Contact: Lauren Huey 7033035423x
- Cross Street: Pershing Dr.
- Public Transit: Clarendon Metro
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot adjacent to the building as well as additional parking at the Country Club Cleaners on Pershing Blvd. They encourage their patrons to play close attention to zone 6 restrictions when parking on the streets around the restaurant.
A word from Tallula
Tallula offers a modern approach to classic American fare in a friendly neighborhood environment. The menu focuses heavily on bold flavors resulting from the use of fresh, local produce and the highest quality meats they can find. The extensive wine list features more than 350 wines by the bottle and 70 by the glass. Tallula's dining room, bar, lounge and wine shop provide four distinctively different settings to enjoy dinner with your family, celebrate with friends, or grab a quick bite to eat!Continued
We reserve a portion of our dining room for walk-in customers. We accept walk ins!
Please note, EatBar next door does not accept reservations.
We reserve a portion of our dining room for walk-in customers. We accept walk ins!
Please note, EatBar next door does not accept reservations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Tallula - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Tallula reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (20)special occasion (16)romantic (15)good for groups (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- New chef, awfulKate27Dined on 11/21/2013I've been going to Tallula for several years, it was my favorite restaurant. I had hoped to book it for a big birthday party this month but when I took some visiting relatives there the meal was awful. I was so surprised, turns out there is a new chef. The filet of fish I was served was completed charred--a hard black crust top and bottom. And no, it was not a Louisiana type blackened. Inside it was dry as can be. No excuse is letting that out of the kitchen, even for a new chef. Service was not attentive at all, we were three tired ladies and not drinking any alcohol so the waiter basically ignored us. Another surprise.
- Very nice experienceColoradoKDined on 11/19/2013The food was delicious and very well presented. We enjoyed every dish. I would prefer a vegetarian entree option rather than just pescetarian. The entree selection was generally a little limted, but the food was very good. I would go back here again for another low key, great ambience, foodie experience.Special Features:
- Heard great things...ErikaJLDined on 11/18/2013Love the concept of farm to table and try to support all farm to table restaurants. We were there on a Monday, and early, and the chef was off that night, so maybe those are the reasons the food was very lackluster. My app of pumpkin tortellini tasted like it was made many days before, frozen, and then re-heated. Even if it was, it shouldn't taste that way. My side of potatoes and mustard greens was way to greasy/oily, and it had a old griddle flavor. Again, it seemed the potatoes were made earlier and reheated. I had heard it was inconsistent, and we must have just gotten the down side. You should give it a try just to support the concept, and maybe you will have a terrific meal.
- Posh date place with average foodZarfDined on 11/17/2013Go here if you're trying to impress a date, want good service, a nice room, and interesting sounding, but average tasting and overpriced food. Tallula is definitely NOT vegetarian friendly; there isn't a meat-free main dish on the menu for either brunch or dinner. With 1.5 glasses of wine (they do half pours), two fixed price theatre dinners (appetizer, main, and dessert for $35 each) and two additional sides, the price was $127 before a tip.Special Features:
- a little disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2013Have been to Tallula before and was very impressed with the experience - the ambiance was nice and peaceful and the food was delicious - that was not, unfortunately, my latest experience there. The noise level was quite high, almost to the point it made it difficult to carry on a conversation with my companion. Then the food was overall not great - no flavor to either of our entrees and it just made us feel that we were wasting a lot of money. For the prices they charge it should have been much better. Also, while our waitress was very nice, every time our water was refilled there were spills and a total disregard for our personal space when pouring... Sadly after this experience we won't be going back
- small portions, full priceIthinkyoushouldknowVIPDined on 11/16/2013Place looks better on the inside than the outside. The portions were small, which is good because many portions are two large. However, the price should reflect the small portion size. 2 glasses of wine, 2 small entrees, 1 small dessert = $100.
- Just so so.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013This place was just okay. Small place cool setting. Our server literally walked up and asked if we were ready to order. No hello, no intro to the menu, no specials, nothing. The apps and desserts were good, my entree (rockfish) was just blah tasting. For the price I was expecting more.Special Features:
- Decent BrunchFlamingoFallsVIPDined on 11/10/2013Every time we eat at Tallula, it's out of something. For brunch, it was out of the chicken and biscuits, which both my companions ordered. So the restaurant compensated for it with complimentary donuts and ham biscuits, both of which were very good. My spinach and mozzarella omelet was good, as were the crispy pork benedict and toad in the hole. Would like to see more healthy options (fresh fruit, oatmeal, etc.), as well as some more adventurous cocktails, although the bloody mary was decent. Not the best brunch in Clarendon, nor the worst, but the competition has become tougher, so it's time to up the anty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great winesPepperHawkDined on 11/9/2013This is a great place if you enjoy wine and if you want to try a lot of new wines. They have at least 60 wines available by the bottle and that makes it easy to try new wines. Plus they offer half glasses of wine, which makes a great sampler. The food is great and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The resturaunt was lovelyStephanieDined on 11/9/2013The resturaunt was lovely and the service was great. The food was wonderful as well! I would suggest going here for a nice date or a girls night out where you get dressed up and drink wine. It is pretty expencive for what you get but well worth it every once in a while. I do not suggest this place for a romantic night on the town where you plan to propose and everythign has to be perfect but is a great spot to celebrate say a birthday or something similar. Would definatly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Little PlaceJJ38Dined on 11/9/2013Tallula can not fail. They provide your pallete with a tasty ever changing menu with items that you would not normally see in Clarendon. The service is polite, quick, and unpretentious. They will always be my first choice of pre-party date/food places in Clarendon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GEMfinefoodrusDined on 11/7/2013As a business traveler you really are taking chances. Since I use Open Table my odds are so much better to find a place after a long day of plane connections, terrible airport food, boring business meetings, and more terrible food, that has great food, great service, and relaxing or fun atmosphere.Tallula Iis absolutely wonderful, the food is delicious, beautifully presented, our server and other table staff were friendly, smiling and welcoming, a great experience.Special Features:
- Whatever they're doing, it's rightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/5/2013We've been to Tallula and EatBar a few times before, so I decided to take the boyfriend there for his birthday. I sent a note to them via the OpenTable reservation system requesting a birthday dessert at the end of the meal, and they delivered a sweet and delicious "Cookies and Confections" suite of reinvented popular treats that was right on the mark. The service made us feel special, and the food was well prepared, beautifully presented, and delicious. They were just a few days into a new fall menu, but everything was executed perfectly. The sommelier who knew his wines well, gave us nuanced descriptions of several glasses we were interested in. A delightful experience, start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oustanding brunchChelseaDined on 11/3/2013I went here this past weekend with a group for brunch and it was fantastic. The food was fantastic- I had the savory French toast served with a poached egg and shaved ham as well as the cheddar grits. The grits were some of the best I have ever had. I was with a group and everyone loved what the ordered. It's a great place for a family brunch and it looks like they can accommodate big groups as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OverallFirstTimerDined on 11/1/2013The food was great. My wife loved the presentation of the her medium rare steak. They also have a great wine selection to choose from. The ambiance wasn't as upscale as I thought it would be. Which wasnt a problem, I thought it would be a more upscale dinning atmosphere but there were a lot of kids there. The service was good but they did seem a little under staffed. We didnt see our waiter as often as we would have liked. But overall it is a great restaurant with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tallula, a super dining experience!ArlingtonianDined on 10/30/2013Fabulous dinner, excellent service, lots of food and wine choices, and we were able to eat a full, delicious, and unhurried dinner even though we arrived (with a reservation) at 9:30 p.m. Definitely a favorite spot for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the beef?ColFrogVIPDined on 10/27/2013Tallula has been a reliable neighborhood treat for some time but no more. The size of the entrees has shrunk dramatically and the prices have skyrocketed. My sirloin steak was less than 4 oz when it should have been at least twice that for $26. There was an attempt to mask this fact by cutting the steak into three chunks. Sadly this restaurant no longer has value.
- Good but not really worth the pricelisaDined on 10/26/2013enjoyed our meals and appetizer, but prices do not reflect anything special or "wow" factor. Next-door bar seemed lively and probalby food is equally as good and more affordable.Special Features:
- My first review ever - horribleCin13Dined on 10/19/2013The service at the bar and at our table was horrendous. Acted like they were doing us a favor. Really disappointing.
- Good brunch experiencesarg10VIPDined on 10/13/2013Having been once before for Mother's Day brunch, I went again for a normal Sunday brunch. The menu is really small, but everything we got was pretty good. I prefer their dinner service and menu (it is amazing) and will go back, but probably not for brunch. Service was nice but kind of slow.
- First time experienceMonicaDined on 10/12/2013I read about Tallulah and all the reviews were right, great food, great service, no problems. I liked that they offered the menu on their website and the waitress was more than happy to go over any questions we had with personal recommendations. They also offered a 3oz, 6 oz, and 10 oz wine glass option which was nice. The only notable issue was the food portions and the limited menu. There were no vegetarian options and the tortellini paired with a salad was more a taste test for an epicurean. With that understanding we still left happy, however, I may only come back for the wine selection instead of dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastartjamacVIPDined on 10/6/2013very quiet environment which I like. Creative breakfast - mini sausage with donut (shaped like mini bun) - delicious! I like toad in a hole and my partner had pork "benedict". Good job, Tallula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerTrishDined on 10/3/2013It was a lovely meal and my guest ate with gusto and many compliments for my choice of restaurant. Sound level was fine for our conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerJFosterDined on 9/28/2013We went with some friends to celebrate my wife's birthday. Staff and service were wonderful: attentive without interrupting the flow of conversation. We shared appetizers and dessert. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. I had the twice-cooked pork shoulder and tried my wife's steak. It was close but I think I liked the steak better. Only minor hiccup was they ran out of the chicken which was my wife's first choice but I think she ended up happier with the steak. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh... Overrated!TryingAllDCRestaurantsDined on 9/27/2013I was not impressed with anything other than our server. She was wonderful. The food was mediocre and overrated.
- Unexpected pleasureFoodie1Dined on 9/22/2013I was looking for a non-chain restaurant in the Arlington area to be convenient for all of us coming from different directions and I picked Tallula. We lucked out because on Sunday evening they have a special -- three course meal for a flat rate and you pick whatever you want. I had scallops and they were perfection. All the entrees were beautifully served and perfectly prepared. The desserts were unbelievable. It's a definite for a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was superb. I had theArlingtonianDined on 9/21/2013Dinner was superb. I had the trout, which was excellent. Service, as usual, was superb as well. Hostess accommodated our need for a quiet table. Noise level was moderate at the beginning (about 7) but got a bit more toward energetic just before we left. A great restaurant, one of the best in Arlington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2013We had a great experience at Tallula. Everything we ordered was wonderful. The scallops entree was outstanding - perfectly seared and the prep was delicate and delicious. The wine selection was impressive and the service was attentive without making you feel rushed. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud!UnhappyArlingtonLadyDined on 9/13/2013Wait staff seemed more interested in talking to each other rather then making sure our water glasses were filled. LONG time between courses. Bar next store was SO loud hard to talk at our table. Very disappointed. Not sure we will return. At end of the evening - table two down from us was yelling so they could be heard at their own table. We could not wait to get out of there.Special Features:
- New MenutechyentaVIPDined on 9/13/2013The new fall menu gives you many wonderful choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/8/2013From the building to the food, I was completely blown away by my dining experience at Tallula. The building seems much more genuine than many of the other, newer buildings in the Clarendon area. There is a cozy dining room, sectioned off by a beautiful wine rack wall, with booths and dining tables. There is also an open kitchen (which I love) with a small bar area there. Farther back is Tallula's amazing bar/ lounge area with sofas and chairs in addition to the bar area. My steak was perfectly prepared and our appetizers were very good and original. The chef is obviously very good, and I cannot wait to go back and try something else! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little disappointedBarbGDined on 9/7/2013Went for a birthday dinner. We both had the sirloin. Food was good but the fact is you can have same quality for less elsewhere.Special Features:
- Comfortably AdventurousDasWineDined on 8/30/2013The most amazing part of our meal was how the chef was able to take familiar foods and present them in completely different ways with technique. The smoked watermelon salad with house made pickles was astonishing, and every piece of the salad made you pause and savor. Our entrees were equally satisfying and just-challenging-enough to keep you talking. And the wine list is glorious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.lefterishVIPDined on 8/25/2013Tallula was excellent during restaurant week and offered its full menu. The bluefish with fried squash blossoms appetizer was superb as was the sirloin with the awesome mashed potatoes, mushroom and fried tomato combination as a side. The upside down peach cake with accompanying peach ice cream only helped to top an already superb meal. The service complemented the dining experience nicely without rushing or interrupting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoy it very much, even drewNomNomDined on 8/24/2013enjoy it very much, even drew a picture comment card about our favorite dish and the waitress posted it up in the kitchen for all the staff to see :) my only complaint was it was quite noisy and hard have a conversation...but i think there happened to be a loud large bachelorette party going on... i would recommend going on a weeknight, maybe its quieter and could be more intimate for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Rest. Week outingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013We took advantage of Restaurant Week to revisit on of our local favorites. Tallula generously offered their usual menu for RW. Some highlights: buttermilk oysters for starters, a salad with smoked watermelon and housemade pickles. The scallops and roast chicken were both tasty well-though out entrees. We both opted for the lemon meringue pie. Tart yet creamy, it was a great finish to the meal. The servers were all friendly and happy to answer questions. Even in tight quarters one could carry on a private conversation. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2013I particularly recommend the Tue-Thu three-course dinner special from 5:30-6:30 - it's a steal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceEleanorMDined on 8/22/2013Modern, high-end restaurant with a bit of a hip vibe. All ages welcome from what we could tell, though I don't think young children would enjoy. For serious diners. Menu and wine list are excellent and staff is knowledgeable, helpful without being snooty. A great place for that special occasion, especially in dining room. Bar has a different but still great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normally So Much BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/21/2013Our table wasn't ready when we arrived, so we headed to the bar where we waited forever for drinks (which should have been complimentary), and also waited forever to close out our tab. Service at dinner was also slow, and my steak, which was served sliced, was obviously undercooked, yet no one picked up on it until I complained. That's inexcusable for a restaurant of this caliber. The server also brought out the wrong wine, which fortunately we picked-up on before she opened it. All of this should have been better managed as these problems arose. This will be the last time we visit Tallula, and certainly the last time we ever recommend it to friends (which we have done many, many times over the years).Special Features:
- gwtting better and betterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2013Always like Tallulah, but just took advantage of restaurant week for a birthday dinner and the quality had gone up another notch...lemon meringue desert was biggest and happiest surprise. Service is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.