Giuseppe's Al Porto
21 Bellwether Way
Bellingham, WA 98225Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Giuseppe's Al Porto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.giuseppesitalian.com/
- Phone: 3607148412x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily starting at 11:30
Happy Hour: Daily from 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Al Tramonto (Sunset Dinner) special from 3:00 - 6:00 & regular menu starts at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Christian Turner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate large groups such as weddings and rehearsals. Please contact Giuseppe's Al Porto for all your private dining needs.
- Private Party Contact: Giuseppe Maruo 3607148412x
A word from Giuseppe's Al Porto
Giuseppe's Al Porto has a spectacular view of Squalicum Marina at Bellingham Bay. Our chefs focus on the freshest local ingredients, while utilizing classic Italian technique; our restaurant is an experience that you cannot afford to miss!! We offer Dining Al Tramonto which is our three course dinner for $20.00 daily from 4:00pm - 6:00pm. Join us for happy hour and our hand crafted cocktails, Italian wines, rotating draft beer as well as delicious bites including Taylor Shellfish mussels, balsamic-glazed ribs and much more!Continued
With our two large outdoor patios as well as our main dining areas, Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
With our two large outdoor patios as well as our main dining areas, Giuseppe's Al Porto is suited for all occasions.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Giuseppe's Al Porto - Best Restaurants in Bellingham ›
Giuseppe's Al Porto reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (34)special occasion (34)scenic view (32)fit for foodies (27)romantic (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (14)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Another beautiful night at GuiseppeTassyDined on 5/2/2014We dine here quite often and are never disappointed. The specials are always fantastic. I am trying to make my way through the entire menu and have never been disappointed! Sit in Luciano's section. He is very knowledgeable about the wine list, and a great conversationalist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scho97Dined on 4/29/2014The meal and service was excellent, We had five sitting for dinner, each of us ordered something different and all were very pleased with their meals. I had the pork chop which was excellent. Two of us were on a restricted diet and the staff worked to ensure that our needs were met. Great evening , great restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all, a good experienceFoodLoverDined on 4/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first anniversary with you. The food was good and the staff very attentive.Special Features:
- Perfect - againTassyDined on 4/11/2014Dinner here with my husband and grandson was perfect once more. From the food to the excellent service - made for a very nice night. I wonder why I keep trying other places when this one delivers every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al PortoPeteVIPDined on 3/31/2014Great food, excellent service, wonderful location. They were excellent when downtown, but the added ambiance of the waterfront just adds to the pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good serviceShawnDined on 3/29/2014We wanted a sweet Prosecco for a celebration toast. No problem, they added something to the Prosecco and we had a beverage for the toast. The food is attractively plated and we have several go to favorites here. I nice evening is always guaranteed. The owner is almost always on site, friendly and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectation!MissJillieDined on 3/29/2014Wonderful dining experience for our anniversary dinner :) I did request a quiet table for two if possible, and we were seated at a table overlooking the harbor. The lighting was not too bright, not too dim--in other words, perfect! Guiseppe, the owner, makes his rounds to various tables, which really lends a family-type, comfortable feel to the whole dining experience. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner specialMomstreatDined on 3/27/2014My mother, my wife and I had excellent early dinner at Guiseppe's, ordering both salmon and steak off of the early dinner menu. The waiters laughed at my jokes. On the down side my mother asked for her steak well done and it came medium rare but she ate it and may never order well done again. The portions aren't huge but more than enough for most people. Excellent food, beautifully finished interior, friendly staff looking out over the marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An early dinner, delicious meal!littlegrammaDined on 3/23/2014We enjoyed the early dinner which is served 7 nights a week except on holidays. If one is one a budget, it is a great way to still go to a quality restaurant and have an excellent meal. The early evening menu had quite a few choices and included a first course and dessert. We were a party of 4, and we ordered three different entrees. Everyone was more than pleased with the quality and quantity of their meal. I happen to be gluten intolerant, and this restaurant is very "gluten free friendly".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night at 6:30 pm DinnerSiddlesDined on 3/21/2014I had the pasta special and my boyfriend had the Chicken parm, We both enjoyed our dishes, but mine lacked a little bit of spice. I would have liked to ask for some red peppers to spice it up but our waiter did not come around often. I also think that all items are overpriced by about $5.00. I will dine here again but not on a regular bases. Guispeppe's used to be one of my favorite places to eat. I have been dining here for over 20 yearsSpecial Features:
- Very good restaurantDonFrancescoDined on 3/20/2014Wine List - Good Salad - Just the right size but too much dressing. Entree - I had the Chicken Piccata. This dish was incredible. However, I felt that it was a large portion size. Dessert - I had the chocolate flourless cake. It was to die for but it left me wishing for more ice cream. Overall - Very good restaurant. The service and ambience were second to none. If they paid slightly more attention to some details with respect to the food, it would be almost perfect. Nonetheless, I would without hesitation highly recommend this restaurant. It is probably the best italian restaurant in Northern Washington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/15/2014We have been meaning to try this restaurant for awhile and finally made it. We took some good friends from out of town and had our fingers crossed. We all loved the food and atmosphere. I had the beet salad (best ever) and ravioli with prawns special. Wonderful. The guys had the early dinner special, chicken piccata. The service was good, a tad bit hovering. Can't wait to come back in nicer weather and enjoy the marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it, we will be back!SeattliteFamilyDined on 2/18/2014The atmosphere was very nice. The staff was very inviting and attentive. Bathrooms were clean and cute. The food tasted amazing! We brought our kids 5 years and 10 years old. No kids menu, but the kitchen was very accommodating with their meals. The cocktails were tasty. We enjoyed this place, and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014I brought friends who were visiting from San Francisco, who love Italian food, & they were very impressed with the quality of the meal, the wine & the service. This was my first visit since Guiseppe moved to the new location (from downtown Bellingham), & I was thrilled to experience the same quality! I was disappointed only in the lack of the offering of lamb shanks, & the personal visit at the table by Guiseppe himself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Solid RestaurantluvtodineVIPDined on 2/15/2014Service was good, ambience was good and food was very good. We were there on a Saturday night and it was busy, but the evening flowed smoothly. The owner stopped by our table to ask how things were-always a nice touch to make diners feel appreciated. The Ceasar Salad was excellent-just the right amount of anchovy and the owner's favorite childhood dish (Fettucine Naxos) was a hit-the curry flavor was a nice change in an Italian restaurant. Obviously a well run establisment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING AS USUALbbayjuneDined on 2/15/2014We were seated in a fairly open area of the dining room with lots of traffic passing us by. It didn't bother us, but apparently Giuseppe didn't think this was acceptable and promptly brought over a portable wooden folding divider that secluded us from the rest of the floor. SO THOUGHTFUL! The food was ridiculously good, the service was friendly and attentive. Always chose Giuseppe's if you want an exceptional meal. We had the duck and the chicken piccata. Superb. Especially the piccata. The flavors were so fresh and none over powered the other. Perfectly seasoned. In the summer, be sure to sit outdoors. Wonderful views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible service, excellent food!TroyDined on 2/15/2014Exceptional service, beautiful decor and incredible view right on the water. The food was excellent, and the incredible deal offered before 6:00 every day gives more money to spend on wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Valentine's DinnerJandADined on 2/14/2014Great service, outstanding food - really nice! Enjoyed the special menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful place , great food,mihaiDined on 2/14/2014wonderful place , great food, romantic velantines day dinner.Special Features:
- Valentine missTableForTwoValentinesDayDined on 2/14/2014They were just too busy. The server had to come back to the table three separate times to ask what we ordered! The "special menu" was just their regular menu with the prices jacked up, seemed dishonest. The halibut was overcooked ($35), the bolognese was cold ($19). The best part was the Martini and wine, otherwise disappointing.Special Features:
- Good restaurant....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014That was my first time going to this restaurant and i really like it!! Even though was a very crowed because of valentines day was a really good place to celebrated valentines. I know it wont be the last the food was delicious and the dessert exquisite...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine 2014airwolf1971Dined on 2/14/2014Pretty busy for a Friday Night Valentine Day 2014. Reservation was for 8pm and I was seated on time. :) I really don't write reviews but , I really did not feel that the service was all that great. Forgot to bring my appetizer. Had to ask for it a 2nd time and Had to ask for Bread too. Yes the place was busy, but I also watched my waitress talk and communicate to her other tables more than mine? I did not like that.... My Bill came out to $113 and I left her $140 Cash. I am Prior Military Chef and have worked at local restaurant's, including a Bake Shop In San Diego..... Will I return to this place? I don't know....... Just my honest review on 2/14/2014 :)Special Features:
- OverbookedTheotilusDined on 2/14/2014We had dinner Valentines Day. My wife had a scallop dish which she really liked. I had a steak with a portobello mushroom. So far it is the best steak I have had in Bellingham! Our reservation was for early evening and I am glad it was. We still ended up waiting an hour for our dinner to be served, which was a little to long in my book. When we left there was a long line of people waiting to be seated. I think they booked more guests than they could reasonably serve, however I admire Giuseppe for being on the floor working alongside his employees, not something you see every day. Will I go back? Yes. The food is great. We'll try an off peak night.Special Features:
- .It was Valentines Day andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014.It was Valentines Day and they had obviously overbooked. We waited an hour to get our entrees after we had finished our salad. Once we finally received our food, it was delicious. There was a very long line of people waiting for tables as we left.Special Features:
- Wonderful - again!TassyDined on 2/7/2014Once again we had a delightful and delicious dinner at Guiseppe's. We have come here once a week or so since he moved into the new location and have never been disappointed. The food is always wonderful - from the old standbys to the new specials. As for drinks, I recommend trying Mike's Pear Wink, it is fabulous! From our experience, the service has always been delightful, prompt and friendly. And Guiseppe himself is always there, making sure your experience is perfect!Special Features:
- GuisseppiCheriTDined on 2/1/2014Wonderful place to go for a real treat.... the owner and staff make you feel special.... the food is very sicillian with a little pnw thrown in... to keep the locals happy... Very unique experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alicebeezusDined on 1/8/2014The food was not outstanding. My fish was overcooked and dry. The bread was also very dried out. The bed of spinach my fish was set on was wilted and not very fresh. The service was also very poor. I had to ask several times for lemon and for coffee refills. I most likely will not return nor recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Had a very nice birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/6/2014Had a very nice birthday dinner w/my husband. Food was great and so was service., Would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, all of our guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014Great food, all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the evening, thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2014This was our first visit here. Everything was awesome! Seating, Service, Socializing, Food & Fun! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where are the scallops?notthrilledDined on 12/31/2013My family had dinner at Giuseppe's on New Year's Eve. Four of us ordered the spaghetti with scallops. Three of us got only two scallops in our (not cheap) meal. When we asked the waiter how many scallops there should be, he said four or five. He then informed us that the kitchen had run out of scallops, which would have been nice to know before being served meals with skimpy portions. He asked if he could bring out prawns instead, but brought only two prawns each, which didn't seem very generous. Overall, the service was great and the food was delicious, but I can't say I can recommend the restaurant after that experience.
- giuseppesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Very expensive for what we ordered. The food was good but nothing too spectacular. The waiter was a cool and snobbish when he realized we didn't want alcohol with our dinner. The ambience was wonderful as well as the scenery, however we can get the same view and much better food for the price and service at Hearthfire or Anthonys, so we will probably go there next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Warming atmosphere, exceptional service, delicious food, nice selection of wine, and moderately priced. This is a nice place to come and eat for just about any occasion, and is nice to see the owner come out and greet the customers, and pull a chair out for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, Service, ServicedeanoVIPDined on 12/27/2013Can't praise Giuseppe's "Service" enough..........from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you feel the positive energy of Giuseppe and all of his Team. "And" the food is always top-notch!! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013The ownership/ management is attentive to details. Great Tone From the Top towards the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, in a great locationfootladyDined on 12/20/2013Celebrating my mom's 80th birthday was very enjoyably at Guissepies... I get vey confused when I read the negative reviews. This place is delightful. Good food, lots of it, nice waitstaff, nice ambiance, price is reasonable for what you get. Cioppino great, lasagna, very large potion and yummy, chicken Parmesan very well done and tasty. We would gladly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went here due to a giftfoodyDined on 12/14/2013We went here due to a gift cert I received. This was an incredible dining spot. The ambience was romantic even with the 4 biz parties going on. The calamari appy and the scallopes pasta dish were to die for. Their wine list is good, but spendy! Will be going again! hopefully sooner then later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hitjfwag3Dined on 12/10/2013As customary, Giuseppe's is a great place to go. Great food and service as well as the personal care that Giuseppe shows all his guests. If you want to amend one of the menu items or want something not offered, no worries. The customer is number one here. The best restaurant in Bellingham.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food - First Class ServicdeanoVIPDined on 12/8/2013We really enjoyed our dinner. Seamless service timed perfectly and Giuseppe and his team just seem to get better and better. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, noisy restaurantnew2wildgingerDined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving meal showed that Giuseppe can turn out wonderful food even when he is serving literally hundreds. The food, except for the very salty and scant serving of minestrone, was excellent. The restaurant, however, was noisier than I have ever experienced it. And it took 1.5 hours to be served after orders went in. I am glad Giuseppe's was open on Thanksgiving but the kitchen staff was obviously slammed.