110 S 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbuzzo.com/
- Phone: 2155469300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 12pm-3pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marcie B Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Barbuzzo Restaurant
Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barbuzzo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Barbuzzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
422 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (329)neighborhood gem (210)hot spot (169)special occasion (115)romantic (100)great for lunch (90)vibrant bar scene (65)great for outdoor dining (61)late-night find (61)notable wine list (47)great for brunch (23)good for groups (19)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- AMAZINGKaden316Dined on 8/24/2014Can't wait to go back! The seating can be a bit snug but so worth getting close to your neighbor. Food and service were tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fabulous!!Foodie4LifeDined on 8/24/2014This is my girlfriend and my favorite restaurant for more reasons than the food and atmosphere! We saw the restaurant when dining at another one of their restaurants and decided it try it out the next time we came in town. We are never disappointed when we come... the food is always amazing! The service is always superb... Definitely looking foreword to the next time we are in the city to have dinner there.Special Features:
- ptl2Dined on 8/24/2014I come to Barbuzzo often for the food!! I love the food here. I would recommend a slightly friendlier service. Sometimes the noise is too loud due to tables being too close to each other but the food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Foodie's ParadiseRhmocoDined on 8/23/2014I found this restaurant using Open Table. The menu looked interesting so I thought I'd check it out. The restaurant did not disappoint. The food was delicious. Menu choices were eclectic. Every dish was thoughtfully prepared and the tastes were soooo good. I loved the atmosphere and the waitress was very nice. I will definitely dine there again. A foodie, someone who enjoys trying new things and can appreciate non-traditional pairings of food, will totally appreciate this restaurant.Special Features:
- Solid.luvAADined on 8/22/2014One of my favorite spots in town. Love the sheeps milk ricotta and every dish was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Another great mealchickVIPDined on 8/22/2014It just keeps getting better here, food and service are great, can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great food but a little loudRittenhouse1700Dined on 8/21/2014Great food and great service. The restaurant does get pretty loud - I wouldn't want to eat there with more than 4 people as I think it would be hard to hear everyone at the table.Special Features:
- wish listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Wish they had a larger lunch list --only two sandwiches and not much moreSpecial Features:
- BarbuzzoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent food! I made it 4 stars rather than 5 only because there is a little too much noise and bustle for me personally, because we were seated in a high-traffic area.Special Features:
- Not as good as usualCeeCeeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Meatballs amazing, squid ink pasta perfect, Pizza not crisp enough, gnocchi and octopus meh. Server was a bit off too.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Food was awesome. Only downside is the place is SO dark. Would definitely go back next time in Philly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Center City gemPierceDined on 8/16/2014It's a bit cramped but all the better to get to know your dining neighbors. A Mediterranean menu, with emphasis on the mezzogiorno, that offers everything from roasted plum bruschetta and roasted and raw beet salad to Caciocavallo-stuffed meatballs (YUM!!) and cassarecce with mushrooms, peas and asparagus. Great beer and wine list -- who else in this nabe sports Cortese and Zweigelt on the same list? Service is tiptop, with knowledgeable waitstaff and maneuvering food runners. Pluses -- great bar, late night dining and a show from the culinary team in an open kitchen. If you're in town for a few days, put this one on the list.Special Features:
- Great Time-Great Food-Great ServiceParadoxproDined on 8/16/2014I am temporarily in a wheelchair and reserved an accessible table for 5 ppl for lunch. The table was ready - easy to get to and had a view of the street. Food was very good we all had very different entrees and enjoyed. Cocktails were plentiful and tasty. Server could not have been anymore professional/friendly without being intrusive. Staff was excellent in clearing a path for the wheelchair through the crowd for a visit to the immaculate and highly accessible restroom. I currently don't get out a lot so these outing with friends are very important to me -- The staff of Barbuzzo could not have made me feel more welcome as a valued customer if I were the owner. Have been before but not in a while - will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:
- We Will Be BackTeeSDined on 8/15/2014I chose this restaurant based on other reviews, and I am so glad that I did! The service was great. The ambience was great. The food was great. What I really liked, though, was that it was quiet enough that we could enjoy nice conversation. We did not feel rushed at all. It was one of the nicest evenings out because of Baruzzo. I highly recommend them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LaurMDined on 8/14/2014We celebrated a 30th birthday here recently and were NOT disappointed! I highly recommend the gnocchi and of course, the budino for dessert. Cheers!Special Features:
- Great Experience!!lax10Dined on 8/13/2014Third time going to Barbuzzo and every time we have an AWESOME meal and GREAT Service. It's just a fun place to enjoy a good meal and have great time.Special Features:
- As good as everyone says it isJuleDined on 8/13/2014We went for our daughter's 11th birthday. We all loved the food, the staff was incredibly friendly and courteous and the desserts are to die for! Can't want to go back.Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood restaurant.picesDined on 8/13/2014After reading the reviews, I decided to try Barbuzzo for dinner prior to seeing The Book of Mormons. We ordered Gnocci and mixed seafood dinner (the special that evening. For dessert I had the salted chocolate carmel dessert which I thoroughly enjoyed and my friend had an ice cream special which he loved. I look forward to going back again in the near future.Special Features:
- Awesome foodTJR55Dined on 8/11/2014The food at Barbuzzo is worth coming for. The small plate/ tapas experience is so fun and a good date night. Everything we had was spectacular. Favorites that come to my mind are the sheep milk ricotta and cheese plate. It is very loud and crowded. It doesn't bother me I'm used to dining in NYC but you are about 10 inches from the table right next to you. Just something to consider. Would absolutely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the BudinoPenntertainerDined on 8/10/2014I love Barbuzzo I've dined there three times and every time I've gotten something different and delicious. Menu is always evolving and incorporating new ideas but they stick with their classics and the general menu format is always great. Hint: if you go out to eat with an extra hungry 21 year old male like I was, consider ordering a pizza for an appetizer to split between two (if you're VERY hungry and big eaters like us! otherwise this will be too much food). This past visit I had their octopus because YOLO I wanted to try something out of my comfort zone and I've never had octopus taste so good. Perfectly cooked, NOT chewy even a little bit. HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Budino for dessert may seem expensive but a million times worth it!!!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Show Meallbm33Dined on 8/10/2014My mother and I were seeing a show at the nearby Forrest Theatre and we were running late, but we had a reservation at Barbuzzo. They sat us down and I explained that we were in a bit of a time crunch (only about an hour to eat), and they were extremely accommodating. The food came quickly and it's quality didn't suffer. It is a great take on modern italian coupled with an almost gastropub-like sensibility. The bruschetta is particularly delicious, as is the tagliatelle. The dessert you must try is the salted caramel budino, it is exquisite. Moderate-High Prices are well worth the chic atmosphere, the great food, and the attentive staff.Special Features:
- Will returnCymbDined on 8/9/2014This place is on our list when we stay downtown. Interesting food combinations in a good way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumBhanDined on 8/9/2014Everything was delicious! They pack it in there so don't be surprised to be rubbing elbows but it fits the atmosphere/style. Only complaint was that I was served an expired beer and the waiter didn't seem to care when I pointed it out. Even an apology would have sufficed.Special Features:
- Night OutHavaroseDined on 8/9/2014Although I known of Barbuzzo very well and have always heard good things this was actually my first experience dining at Barbuzzo. Keeping up with the rest of the couples restaurant, it was an excellent experience. Although a little cramped inside the good was impressive with an exciting ambience. I would certainly recommend and comeback to try the outdoor experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything here is amazingLayneDined on 8/9/2014Budino for dessert: OMG. Goat cheese starter and pizza were all amazing.Special Features:
- food was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Hostess was unempathetic about us being a few minutes late for the reservation, she acted like the place was so filled we'd have to dine elsewhere... however once we arrived the place was nearly empty. She didn't tie us in with our rerservation even though we told her... The food was varied and good, the waiter was a little pushy but tried hard to explain everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic LunchmjbasilDined on 8/8/2014I found Barbuzzo on Open Table -- my husband and I made a lunch reservation when I was in Philly for a doctor appointment. It far exceeded our expectations!! We sat outside with some good people watching and had a fantastic meal. Things started off in the right direction with a delicious cocktail and a perfect beet salad. My husband and I shared the antipasti platter which was so satisfying -- I could have just made a meal out of that. It was hard to choose which yummy pizza concoction we wanted to share...they all sound so good. We finished off the meal with one of their signature hand dipped popsicles...heavenly. Barbuzzo got us excited to come back into Philly to dine some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SalamiiiiAlbusyDined on 8/6/2014Barbuzzo has some of the best dishes in the entire city and there is always great service. The restaurant is small and they pack you in but I don't mind being close to others guests when the food is this great. Great wine and craft beer list and easily the best caramel dessert in the world. Yeah, I said it.Special Features:
- 17yearsandcountingDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant was in a a great location to everything. The choice if the cheese board was perfect to share, unique cheeses and descriptions on the board made the experience all the better. The salads are flavorful and distinct. I had the Bronzino which as perfectly cooked and aesthetically pleasing with great delicate flavor. The pork dish with appetizing fresh sides was good. The peach ginger bread pudding and robust coffee was a wonderful finish to the meal. We had 2 glasses of vinho verde wine which was light crisp and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing menu!FoodLoverVIPDined on 8/3/2014Solid, consistent, excellent execution with the food. My husband and I had a hard time selecting between the grilled octopus which was amazing, all the pork dishes, pizzas perfectly done. Service was exactly attentive as well. What a find! I do not hear much chatter about the places and there should be; although, selfishly I want to keep it a quasi secret so I can keep getting a table. I rarely write reviews but was extremely impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Small PlatesNorthernFoodieDined on 8/2/2014I ate here twice during a conference. Favorites were budino dessert, a tasty salted carmel dessert with chocolate crust. Pizza was also very good- thin crusted and some small plates. Did not care for luncheon mixed plate of vegetables and salad and tables a bit too close with noise level a little too loud but food was high quality at a fair price. My table was always ready for seating when my reservation was scheduled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dinnerDreamsofdiningDined on 8/1/2014Each of the 12 dishes ordered were very good. The pan fried gnocchi, octopus, roasted marrow, and budino were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome tasty experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014A must visit whenever in pa...the budino is to -die-for!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phillyDined on 8/1/2014prices a bit high, portions for cheese board way too smallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbuzzo dinnerEwoodford26Dined on 7/31/2014The Zucca pizza was amazing!! I will be back just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Barbuzzo!MandooDined on 7/29/2014I love this place. Can't seem to move past the seared gnocchi dish. I've love everything else I've had as well. It was loud when we went but we didn't mind and no one else seemed to either. I always recommend this place first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dinner for twoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014My boyfriend and I recently had dinner here before seeing The Book of Mormon at Forest Theater. The food was absolutely delicious and provided the perfect start to a wonderful evening. All of the food was served family style, which made the meal even more romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2014Barbuzzo is Simply amazing! I could eat there every day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbuzzo does it rightBenJaminDined on 7/28/2014Congrats Philadelphia on having a gem of a restaurant in Barbuzzo! So nice to find chefs that care about taste and ingredients. Starting with the watermelon/radish salad and ending with the sublime house budino (which I would go there just to eat that), every morsel was delicious and well presented. So good and can't wait to head back.Special Features:
- More salty than goodTishVIPDined on 7/27/2014The bone marrow was excellent but the special clams and squid ink pasta and the kale salad were so salty we couldn't eat them. The restaurant was nice and took them off the bill.