110 S 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbuzzo.com/
- Phone: 2155469300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 12pm-3pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marcie B Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Barbuzzo Restaurant
Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barbuzzo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Barbuzzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
425 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (333)neighborhood gem (209)hot spot (177)special occasion (111)romantic (110)great for lunch (83)vibrant bar scene (69)late-night find (61)great for outdoor dining (57)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (15)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Everything I had dreamed it to beKaitlinDined on 9/15/2014We went for Restaurant Week, and while the service wasn't spectacular (which is to be expected), the food was amazing. We started off with a sheep's milk ricotta with a balsamic drizzle and herbs served with two pieces of grilled bread. We should have asked for more bread because there was leftover cheese and they took it away without us being able to finish. Then I had a roasted beet, kale, and goat cheese salad that was delicious and had a beautiful presentation, while my friend had burratta with figs and proschiutto. My entree missed the mark (cassarecce with wild mushrooms in a lemon pesto-too salty and peppery), but my friend had the gnocchi with tomatoes and corn and it was amazing! We ended our meal with budino (BEST PART!).Special Features:
- Wonderful!2eatisdivineDined on 9/15/2014Inventive, creative menu, perfectly prepared....attentive yet unobtrusive service....above average noise levelSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant week lunchLuvcitylifeDined on 9/15/2014We went for lunch. Lot's of choices in a week that doesn't have to work so hard. They easily accommodated my requests. The food was well crafted, cooked well and delicious. Only problem. The tables were very close together. The single person at the next table chose to move, I'm sure because she heard everything we said and may not have found us interesting. Or maybe too interesting?Special Features:
- Expected more..........OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2014Recent lunch at Barbuzzo, a hot spot in the neighborhood. Filled up quickly, literally lined up at the door for the 12 noon opening. The spot is charming but it is difficult to read the menu in the poor lighting. The tables are very tight and so close together you are literally dining with your neighbor. The metal chairs very uncomfortable. The food is good but differs from as described on the menu with regard to listed ingredients. I felt disappointed in that the experience did not really measure up to the reviews. Was expecting great but really just average/good. Given all the more interesting restaurant choices in center city, do not plan to return.Special Features:
- Second Time & Still A CharmwarewithallDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful menu and wonderful room with great and very friendly service. First time we sat at the counter watching the kitchen hard at work. That was very fun. This time around we took a table and it was just as great and the food was just as I remembered. Delicious and....well.....DECLICIOUS! We do not get to Philly often but every time we do it is on our absolute TO DO LIST.Special Features:
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014I almost wishbI started my meal at dessert, because their salted caramel budino is one of the top 5 desserts I have ever had! All the food tastes carefully prepared, and was absolutely delicious! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at BarbuzzocuddlykoalaDined on 9/12/2014Being a vegetarian, I often find myself in a corner with the menu and nothing that I can eat. Fortunately, that didn't happen at Barbuzzo. In fact, the restaurant week menu had amazing options for me [that's right multiple dishes!]. I had picked it, being a foodie that I am, because of its different delicacies and great location. Let me tell you, serving a vegetarian didn't stop Barbuzzo from pulling all the stops. I was wowed at every single course all the way up til the end. It was just a spectacular experience and I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WandererVIPDined on 9/12/2014Wood fired pizza is great and salads quite good. Vibe is fresh and noise level high but not too high for conversation.Special Features:
- Outstanding!avaloneDined on 9/11/2014I went to Barbuzzo for Restaurant Week and they were very accommodating! My date was almost a half hour late, but they still let me sit down at my table and order a drink while I waited for her. They did not rush me or keep coming to bug me to try to see when she was coming. They were very kind and were just making sure I was enjoying myself. The food was out of this world and the drinks were great. Everything was fresh and cooked to perfection. Definitely will be going back sometime in the near future.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerLisaGDined on 9/11/2014Came here with friends for restaurant week. There were great entree items on the menu, and we split all of the appetizers. Sea bass was superb. Service was great. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014We went for a birthday lunch, it was during restaurant week and they were busy but service was still good and the food was on point. I got the watermelon salad which was amazing.Special Features:
- Meh...Lrp123Dined on 9/11/2014Appetizers and dessert were very good. We had Kale and beet salad and Vegetable antipasta for appetizers and the Salted Caramel Budino for dessert...both were delicious. Our main course, was just mediocre. We had the Sunday supper pork ragu and the Salsiccia Pizza. Both dishes were a tepid temperature. Clearly, the dishes had been sitting before being served to us. The dishes themselves were uneventful. The service was polite but slow.
- workerDined on 9/10/2014Second visit. This dinner was during restaurant week, but full menu was available. Ordered from restaurant menu, food came a little too quickly. My guests' first visit and they enjoyed the food. The atmosphere lends itself to chatting with the people sitting next to you, because you are only an elbow' s distance apart. Wine portion was small. Food portions were satisfactory. I will go back, but not in a rush to do so.Special Features:
- BigEye's ViewBigeyeViewVIPDined on 9/10/2014Noisy and somewhat uncomfortable. Very tight quarters. Waitress was distracted and little help to we four who had never been there before, never explained the menu or made recommendations. For example, we asked for bread and she brought us some which we were charged for. She never told me that the same bread came with the mussels that I had ordered and was included. This place is very popular judging by the crowds but not very welcoming. Food was generally good, but can make no recommendations from the menu. Value is just not there.
- Great dining experienceFoodieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Went for restaurant week and really enjoyed the food. The ricotta was great as well as the burrata appetizer. Had the gnocchi for my entree and it was delicious but a small portion and the budino lived up to the rave. I will def be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Barbuzzo Rules? Customer ServiceRidiculousRulesDined on 9/9/2014Upon being seated we were told that our entire party (5 people) would either need to ALL order from the restaraunt week menu or everyone would need to order from the normal menu. This sent all of us into a very awkward scenario. I have never heard of this in the many years I've participated in restaraunt week. We had to do some careful considering since we had two people who didn't want that much food and had dietary restrictions. The service was Fair however for lunch they should speed things up a bit since many folks have to head back to work. I was not impressed.Special Features:
- foodiedudieVIPDined on 9/8/2014Killer kale and beet salad, yum pizza with fungi and octopus . Glad they offered both restaurant week option and regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningRedWineDined on 9/8/2014Barbuzzo's cooks and staff really out-did themselves with their Restaurant Week menu. Everything was tasty and fresh and paired nicely with the wine (I ordered the tempranillo). I highly recommend the pear and walnut salad (really, they should just add it to their fall menu) and the gnocchi. Our waiter was very attentive and personable, and did a great job describing and talking up the dishes without over-selling. The kitchen service was also very quick - a pleasant surprise for Restaurant Week, when we all know it can get a little crazy. Overall, I highly recommend Barbuzzo, and I'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Best meatballs ever!ScarlettJezDined on 9/8/2014We went to Barbuzzo for my birthday, which always seems to fall during restaurant week. We were seated promptly for our 5:30 reservation and our server was extremely attentive. We decided to order from the regular menu and started our meal splitting a Margherita pizza, which was quite tasty. My boyfriend ordered the rosemary pork and I had the stuffed meatballs. The rosemary pork was delicious, but the meatballs were to die for! Overall, the food was incredible and the service was excellent. My only complaint is that I felt like I needed shoehorn to get into my seat. The hostess had to move the table to let me in. Just way too close for my comfort but the food will bring us back!Special Features:
- BarbuzzoValerieDined on 9/7/2014Great experience! We went there for restaurant week and the food was great! They also had a great wine list to go with the restaurant week menu.Special Features:
- Good but not amazingajswaiDined on 9/7/2014Enjoyed the restaurant week menu, very nice choices and good portions. Waitstaff not terribly attentive but this was not a problem and we were sitting outside which may have played a role. Food was yummy but I wasn't blown away (after seeing reviews I was prepared for amazing). Enjoyable but won't make our list of places to get back to.Special Features:
- DeliciousJennDined on 9/7/2014This was our first time here, and we will absolutely be back. Beautiful food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food for the DeafenedDaneDined on 9/5/2014The food was delicious and inspired. Noteworthy were the tender pastas, the sausage, and the stuffed squash blossoms. The atmosphere was hip and cozy. The food is served as it becomes ready. This was fine overall, but there were a couple of overly long delays on top of a wait to be seated despite our having a reservation. The real knock on this establishment is that it's too loud. Because the pace of our being seated and served was so leisurely, we ended up going across the street for dessert rather than endure the cacophony any longer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A complete 180!DoodleDined on 9/4/2014We returned to Barbuzzo after dining there a year ago. It's conveniently located within a few blocks of the theater we were attending. It wasn't until I stepped in the door, that my feelings of regret came back to me. The restaurant is very dark - you have to read the menu by the light of a small candle on each table. The tables are small and extremely close to each other. A largish man or woman would have difficulty squeezing into their seat. Although I was asking myself, "Why did we come back here again?" I quickly had an attitude change! The menu offers tapas (small plates to share) - the most FABULOUS food, artistic presentation & unique pairings I have ever eaten. NOW I remember why we came back! Go! It's heaven!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perpetual favoritepassion4fdVIPDined on 9/3/2014Love the food, never disappoints- Fresh, well prepared, tasty dishesSpecial Features:
- Hot, and not in a good waydmphillyDined on 9/2/2014Unfortunately, my latest experience at Barbuzzo was very disappointing. We had a reservation, were seated promptly but uncomfortably at a very cramped table. One half hour later, after ordering and beginning our meal, we were both sweating and asked for the AC to be turned up. We learned from the waitress, that the AC was broken. Now these things happen, but when it's 88 degrees outside, I think you deserve to be told upon arrival that it will be hot. Ruined our meal -- we ate some of it and then left quickly to go somewhere cooler. No apology or accommodation offered. Not very customer friendly.
- Great food, service lackingYoungLizzyDined on 9/1/2014Went for a birthday dinner with my mom and siblings; food was great, we ordered a total of 5 dishes to share. We finished everything! The zucca pizza and gnocchi were our favorite. The budino was amazing. We had some questions about the menu and asked our server for help choosing some dishes, and she didn't really say much to help us pick. She just kind of picked some 'best sellers' without telling us what made them so special. Luckily everything we ordered was really amazing, so the server lucked out. I'm sure that everything on this restaurant's menu is great. I definitely will be coming back!Special Features:
- Amazing Find!SWABVIPDined on 9/1/2014Great food..everything from salad to entree was delightful.Salted caramel budino was to die for...wish I lived in Philly!Special Features:
- Sunday evening at BarbuzzoOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014We thought the service was very good. It was hot in the back of the restaurant where we sat by the kitchen area, probably a function of the hot temperatures outside. We would suggest balancing the air conditioning a bit better. Also need more candles or other lighting as room was very dark and made reading the menu difficult. The food was delicious and served at a good pace. We thought the wine was unexceptional for the price we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth Visit to BarbuzzoOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014In the past I would have given all 4's, but not this time. It was a very hot day and the host put me and my dining partner all the way in the back by the ovens. This wouldn't have been bad in and of itself, but the AC was not working properly and the heat was unbearable. We asked to change tables and they moved us, unhesitatingly. The server was very rushed and did not take any time with us, as in the past, explaining the menu items. The timing of the food being brought to the table was extremely erratic. We waited an exceptionally long time for some things and other items were brought out rapidly, filling our table with service items. I'll probably go back in hopes of future experiences will be as good as the past ones I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodfoodKindSirDined on 8/29/2014I liked it. Nice energetic place. The food was good, but will need to go again. The Sheep's Milk Mozzerella was amazing.
- Sharing?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Out waiter informed is that Barbuzzo was ment to share.... Um.. Ok? My mother and I ordered a pizza, mussels and pasta to split. Without asking, the waiter brought us our pizza first... Ok... Even though we intended to eat all three at the same time. fine- our fault for not specifying... however 30 min later!! the mussels arrived. But where was the pasta? We then flagged our waiter over and asked him. He responded , oh I didn't know you wanted them together? Huh??? First off the portions are SMALL! Why would be want each item individually? I have a background in hospitality and for the life of me could not figure this out. I left irritated and tired. A basic dinner took over 2 Hrs! I don't think I will be returning.Special Features:
- dinner at barbuzzofoodjunkie11Dined on 8/28/2014have been to barbuuzzo many times and they never disappointSpecial Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Ate outside and had a delicious dinner. Small courses, so order many. Only downside was inside seemed a little dark and noisy. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lagniappeDined on 8/27/2014Overall, I enjoyed the meal in a somewhat cramped space. The restaurant fits into a fairly tiny, shotgun style floor plan with the bar and kitchen occupying the left wall, and diners seated in various configurations on the right. The small-plate style welcomes sharing, and with the options, this makes for a perfect date spot. The food met expectations with every course, although the beet/kale salad proved more kale than beets. Of all the dishes, the star of the night was the grilled octopus salad - words really can't describe how much I enjoyed this plate. A dish worth returning for - it was that good. Highly recommend when visiting Philly.Special Features:
- Never disappointedMaryKayDined on 8/26/2014Barbuzzo is our go to spot in Philly. Never been disappointed. The beet salad and the short rib meatballs are our current favorites. Oh, I almost forgot the budino for dessert.....Special Features:
- BarbuzzofanfoodieDined on 8/25/2014I understand what the hype is all about. My boyfriend and I went for his birthday, good ambience, great service, and a good selection of "normal" food items with an exotic flare. We had the bruchetta with rhubarb plum as well as cheese plate for appetizers. Topped it off with arincini balls and the mushroom pizza, delicious! Got busy pretty quickly especially for a monday night. Make a reservation to be safe. Definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGKaden316Dined on 8/24/2014Can't wait to go back! The seating can be a bit snug but so worth getting close to your neighbor. Food and service were tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fabulous!!Foodie4LifeDined on 8/24/2014This is my girlfriend and my favorite restaurant for more reasons than the food and atmosphere! We saw the restaurant when dining at another one of their restaurants and decided it try it out the next time we came in town. We are never disappointed when we come... the food is always amazing! The service is always superb... Definitely looking foreword to the next time we are in the city to have dinner there.Special Features:
- ptl2Dined on 8/24/2014I come to Barbuzzo often for the food!! I love the food here. I would recommend a slightly friendlier service. Sometimes the noise is too loud due to tables being too close to each other but the food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.