Rustic, Francis's Favorites
300 Via Archimedes
Geyserville, CA 95441Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Rustic, Francis's Favorites
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.franciscoppolawinery.com/
- Phone: 7078571485
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rustic, Francis's Favorites
Open for lunch and dinner Francis Ford Coppola shares his personal pantheon of recipes at RUSTIC, Francis’s Favorites, the winery’s full-service restaurant. RUSTIC’s menu embraces international as well as traditional Italian dishes, with an emphasis on family-style cooking that features fresh, seasonal ingredients sourced from the property’s organic herb and produce garden. Authentic, Neapolitan-style pizzas are also a specialty. A focal point of the dining room at RUSTIC is the Parrilla (pronounced “pah-REE-jah”), an authentic Argentine grill. Manned by the restaurant’s dedicated Asador, or grill-master, it provides a true South American experience of delicious, wood-grilled meats. RUSTIC offers service in our casual dining room and on an outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards of Alexander Valley. A bar adjacent to the restaurant also serves a full complement of cocktails and an extensive wine and beerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Rustic, Francis's Favorites - Best Restaurants in Geyserville ›
Rustic, Francis's Favorites reviews from OpenTable diners
479 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (416)great for outdoor dining (395)special occasion (288)romantic (236)great for lunch (234)notable wine list (217)fit for foodies (186)good for groups (180)great for brunch (92)neighborhood gem (84)kid-friendly (82)hot spot (61)vibrant bar scene (34)late-night find (16)Show More
- Gorgeous Views and Great FoodSpadoniDined on 8/14/2014Enjoyed a great lunch on the outdoor patio. Food was perfect, service was wonderful, a great time was had by our table. We love The Rustic and bring all our friends and family to enjoy it.Special Features:
- Dinner at RusticThierryDined on 8/13/2014Spectacular location, setting and view. Very professional, kind and helpful service. The menu is extremely original, and is made of personal choices of Coppola. All the dishes we had were authentic, perfectly prepared and served. We had great wines (from Coppola’s winery). Wonderful dinner! Very affordable.Special Features:
- JorgeDined on 8/13/2014The food was excellent, the entire facility is beautiful. I will be back.Special Features:
- Was it a Restaurant or Disneyland!LolaDined on 8/13/2014We were expecting fine food and wine. We made a reservation ahead of time. The hostess was unfriendly, bordering on rudeness. She put us in the children's section, although there were vacant tables elsewhere. My caesar salad was so awful I just had them take it away. The entree's were edible, but nothing special. The wine was OK, but also nothing special. If you want to go, I would suggest lunch, which is served outside by the pool.
- 10th year wedding anniversaryStubbsDined on 8/13/2014My wife and I are from Canada and were celebrating our 10th year wedding anniversary. Staff was very accommodating and winery and restaurant were perfect. Thank you for a great afternoon and evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical Dining ExperienceWhendeesreviewsDined on 8/13/2014Dinner after wine tasting and a walk through the movie memorabilia was perfect. We were seated as requested at a lovely outdoor table overlooking the magnificent vineyard. Our server Adam was most helpful in assisting us as we selected our dinner options. The entire wait staff was efficient and friendly. Our food was excellent. We shared the zucchini and enjoyed our salads. Our entrees were the lemon chicken and the ribs and each were cooked to perfection. The dessert menu looked delicious, but we were full from this lovely meal. We were not rushed and enjoyed the ambience as much as the dinner. We were quite pleased with the entire Francis Ford Coppolla experience and would gladly return when we are in the area.Special Features:
- We love Rustic.luv2dineDined on 8/13/2014Love the zucchini fries...... We have taken all our friends and family to Rustic over the years and its consistently consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/13/2014Rustic is our new "must-go-to" restaurant in Sonoma Valley. The food was absolutely delicious, especially the Eggplant Appetizer. Outside dining is a must. The view is stunning, looking out over a vineyard. We even had a little hummingbird join us in the flower garden next to the terrace. We are already looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Dining with views....AgemDined on 8/12/2014Great dining with beautiful views.....they have large outdoor dining with scenic views or seating inside. Perfect for large groups, special occasions. Tuesday nights offer family style dining with no menu ..... a roaming musician playing the accordian and singing opera ... always a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Critica de la tavolaGummibearDined on 8/12/2014I enjoyed the 12 or so courses, found the food seriously delicious, in fact, one dish was the best I have had, (in > 50 years of dining). The service was enthusiastic, and attentive to detail. The music added some nostaglia, the one dissonant feature was the high noise level of the setting, but it IS family style, and families make noise! For this menu, you must sit indoors, so if noise is that important, book another night and sit outdoors with the expansive rural views, to enjoy the good food. I am local so have eaten there many times, and return for the good food and lovely outdoor setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an amazing time!!gmassuntableDined on 8/12/2014Having grown up at an Italian family I have had many meals (many, many) at my G'mas Sunday table. With 3 long tables set up in the basement, sometimes up to 30 people for dinner and the best food cooked by 3-4 little Italian women. However, nothing prepared me for the fun, frivolity, and food that was last Tuesday night!! The aroma when my sister and I walked in was wonderful and made the anticipation of each course stimulating! When my brother and his wife come out to visit us in Oct, we will be coming with about 15 in our party and will be prepared for another raucous time! Accordion player was a nice touch with an amazing voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpectationsCaliDined on 8/12/2014We expected Italian period apparel, but it was more of a speakeasy look. There is a lot of food, but it was very mediocre. We have always enjoyed the regular menu, but this fell far short.
- A Tavola diningBigCoppolaWineFanDined on 8/12/2014Your website is a bit confusing, I was interested in the Tavola dining, even planned the trip for Tuesday specifically for that reason. From the Tavola page I clicked the link for a reservation. When I arrived at Rustic, the reservation was not for Tavola, there's no way on the on-line reservation to select A Tavola, I was very disappointed, the only reason we opted to dine there was specifically for the A Tavola experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winegalDined on 8/11/2014Always a great experience. Food, service and ambience are always a cut above most fine dining locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!srvernaDined on 8/9/2014The food, ambiance and service was simple awesome! The staff was even able to get us in a little earlier than our reservation even on a very busy night.Special Features:
- RobertVIPDined on 8/9/2014A very loud forsom next to our table. We could hardly communicate with our waiter or talk to one another, When they finally left, the noise level was fine. The food was as good as it gets. The rack of lamb was outstanding. We shall return.Special Features:
- Good FoodambianceiskeyDined on 8/9/2014the quality of the food was very good....if you want romantic...there is better choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedtravellingladyDined on 8/9/2014I made a reservation 1 month in advance to celebrate 30th anniversary...Did this online from NY. Pictured on the website is this lovely outdoor patio..I knew this was where I wanted to have dinner. When we arrived we were told by the young ladies at the podium outside seating was full. Explaining my situation and how we were looking forward to this trip for quite sometime, our anniversary, willing to wait as long as it takes to get a table, etc, fell on deaf ears..They were not sympathetic in the least. Think this was handled poorly. How would anyone know that even if you have a reservation it does not mean you have the option of sitting outside.
- Gorgeous view!AzSandyDined on 8/9/2014Excellent view, ambiance and setting. Wow! The good and wine were great and the service was commendable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choice spotgreat4lunchDined on 8/9/2014Outside dining is superb! The service was excellent, the personnel obviously have been taught to be very attentive to the guests. Daytime view of the valley is great even though there was smoke against the hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic feel with a casual sideDinnerfor2Dined on 8/8/2014Very romantic, special occasion feel to it. Very casual and fun atmosphere. Staff was very friendly and very informative of the menu. Great views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014What a great place! The food was excellent, view spectacular, and service exceptional. This is a place we will definitely recommend.Special Features:
- It can be great for Outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We have a reservation but sadly we became a place inside, outside is great, inside is ok but we came for Diner with view. Overall its good.Special Features:
- A great nightLTwindsoriteDined on 8/8/2014We have enjoyed Rustic for many years. The excellent cocktails, fantastic setting and unique grounds made in very enjoyable. I must say that our most recent visit there was one of our best ever. The restaurant has a new manager with extensive wine country experience and I think the overall consistency and taste of the food is better than ever. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great sceneryirishdaneDined on 8/7/2014spent our 10 year anniversary here. great ambiance with excellent view of the vineyards out on the patio. Service was spot on and even gave us a special desert on the house to celebrate our occasion. Food was great and quality was great. overall, we really enjoyed ourselves and even had fun looking at the movie history stuff in the main hall as well. Go, you wont be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "An offer we couldn't refuse"BanditDined on 8/7/2014First time in CA wine country, also a huge fan the the Godfather movies so we just had to eat at Rustic, Francis Ford Coppola's restaurant attached to the winery that bears his name. (For those of you who don't know, he was the Director of the movies). We asked for a scenic view and got it. We wanted delicious food-no problem. Everything was delicious! And how could you go wrong with the wine? Exceptional! The only con was that the waiter didn't seem to know much about the winery itself, but overall a very good choice and definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent food and service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LouielipsDined on 8/7/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary by having a wonderful lunch. We sat outside where the views are spectacular! The service as well as the food was excellent and the wine list was unbelievable. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area but be sure to make a reservation in advance. Especially for an outside table with a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely views...TravelerDined on 8/6/2014Very nice way to experience wine country. Especially well done gift offerings and museum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to restaurant!!VickersDined on 8/6/2014I love this restaurant! I go here all the time and try something different everytime! Love the ambience, service, food, view, and the Gift shop with the Tucker car and the desk from the Godfather is amazing!!! I alway bring my out of town guests here first before anywhere else :)Special Features:
- Italian EveningWernerBDined on 8/5/2014On tuesday there is an italian evening! All food shared for the table and all you can eat. This was an amazing event with very fine food.Also, 35 $ it was worth. A very friendly staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tavola TuesdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014We were seated at the beginning of dinner service, so it was too quiet until the awesome accordion player came and livened thing up. Most of the dishes came to us too quickly, as if they were trying to rush us out of there. The "family" atmosphere was lacking-very scripted also. We had trouble flagging down someone for drink refills, and there were not enough meat entrees to go around. By the time most reached us, they were almost empty or we were ignored. My fave dish was the mushroom and taleggio risotto. The pizza was soggy, and the bucatini with ragu tasted a bit like chef boyardee in a can. The highlight was the travelling accordion player, who serendaded each table with a song, then played in the backround until we left.Special Features:
- Great Patio DiningShellDined on 8/3/2014The food is unpretentious, but tasty, and the menu provides something for every preference-- from basic to special, with wines to match. The outside patio is lovely, with shade for the sun and heaters to keep it warm on cold evenings. And outside it is quiet enough to talk.Special Features:
- Best place everelegalDined on 8/2/2014Awesome menu…beautiful view…amazon ambience. This is by far my favorite place to dine.Special Features:
- Awesome Awesome AwesomeCB2013Dined on 8/2/2014My family and I had lunch at Rustic this past weekend. It was amazing. The food was excellent and the service was great. Love their selection of wines and the freshness of the food. The view was breathtaking and overlooks the Coppola Vineyards. The people were happy and enjoying the ambience. You can't help but fall in love with this place. I plan to go back next year and do this all over again.Special Features:
- FOOD:disappointedDined on 7/31/2014A new menu would be welcomed by many!!!!! Food was bland and not seasoned at all. Same dishes since beginning, time for a change! GREAT WINE !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014I have visited here numerous times, love the food and the view.... wine is outstanding. Would have given 5 stars if the waiter was not such a total snob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2silverfoxes2silverfoxesVIPDined on 7/31/2014Love Rustic, always a hit with our friends. Love to take them there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYkenpatsyDined on 7/30/2014First visit to Coppola's vineyard. Stunning visually in & out. Good Italian menu with fine grilled meats, I had the lamb...excellent. Portions nicely nicely presented. But the view on the outdoor dining patio is absolutely beautiful....luckily we had great weather. Servers a little amateurish..... it is Sonoma, not NYC but we had no complaints. The whole operation is a little over the top for Sonoma (rural wine country) but would be right at home in Napa.Special Features:
- Not worth it at any priceBingbingDined on 7/27/2014We knew it was a tourist joint but went anyway hoping it might be fun. So sorry we did. Food nedible. Caesar salad made last Tuesday. Pizza was greasy and soggy. Ribs were more gristle than meat. If you enjoy food, there is probably a DQ within a few miles that will serve a better meal. Only saving grace was our waiter, who tried desperately to save the day, but not even he could salvage it. Mr. Coppola should hang his head in shame.