Martorano's Italian/American Kitchen at the Hard Rock
5751 Seminole Way
Hollywood, FL 33314Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Martorano's Italian/American Kitchen at the Hard Rock
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.martoranoshollywood.com/
- Phone: 9545844450
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dave Algor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Martoranos is perfect for your group events or special parties. We offer a self contained area with inside and outside seating featuring the great food and atmosphere we are know for. Receptions of up to 300, sit down dinner for 150+
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Santos 9542425820
A word from Martorano's Italian/American Kitchen at the Hard Rock
Martorano's Italian/American Kitchen brings the finest Italian-American food and atmosphere to its newest location in the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida serving great Italian-American food from the World famous meatball as voted by Gourmet in 2007, to in house homemade fresh Mozzarella & Ricotta Gnocchi and our famous 16oz Veal Chop. Keeping with the Italian - American tradition, you will be listening to Sinatra, Bennett, Martin & Darin while watching classic Italian - American movies on our 36 flat screens. At 9:00pm the disco ball drops and the music pumps R&B classics. You're encouraged to get up and dance anywhere you like! Come and enjoy a night out with great food, movies and music! We are the newest location building our name on the great Martorano's quality you know. We are proud of our open kitchen and staff. Come and see what we are all about. You never know who you might be eating next to - Shaq, Ludacris, Stevie Van Zandt. Don'tContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Martorano's Italian/American Kitchen at the Hard Rock - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Martorano's Italian/American Kitchen at the Hard Rock reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (42)good for groups (41)hot spot (41)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (32)late-night find (21)notable wine list (19)great for outdoor dining (11)romantic (11)neighborhood gem (11)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- I love the foodJenADined on 7/25/2014It is a running joke that I say that you have my "last meal" on your menu. The first time I dined with you, I had the opportunity to taste your Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich; that taste ended up with me eating the most unbelievably flavorful, mouthwatering, item ever. The meat is perfectly cooked with just the right amount of cheese intertwined with it and all placed on a perfectly warmed hero roll that is soft on inside and perfectly crunchy on the outside. As you never leave food sitting in your kitchen, every time it comes to the table perfectly done. Needless to say, after that initial bite that very first time, I stated, this would be my last meal if I had to choose one (and I love good food, but this is a special sandwich)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, overpriced.CaesarVIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was mediocre at best, and overpriced for what it was. The specials are prsented to you on n Ipad, whic is somewaht tacky, and the prices are not listed not does the waiter inform you. My husband and son in law got the veal chop, a special and when the bill came they were $69 each, ehich is absurd for a menu item which should be no more than $45. We will never go back there or recommend it to anyone. You are paying for the hype and location, which is not all that impressive either, Hard Rock Casino is not a high class establishment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I thought some of the specials were priced too high and they don't tell you the cost when they show them too you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Yellow Fin Dish Rocks!drdeb19Dined on 7/19/2014This was my first time dining at this restaurant. We did have a problem with the seating and waited an hour, even though we had a reservation. One of the hostesses was rude to my friend. After all was cleared up with the manager, we have a fabulous time...the service we received from our waiter was excellent. The ambiance was great, along with the 70's, 80's and 90's music they played. I did not like the periodic annoyances of movie playing blasting so loud, but the music made up for it. The food was excellent! I had the yellow tail dish and it was delicious! I would recommend this restaurant and would surely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceRalphDined on 7/13/20144 went to dinner only 3 meals served at different times. Manager refused to talk to us about poor service and not serving one guest at all. Waiter said no charge for dinner not served.
- Disappointing ExperiencewontbebackDined on 7/12/2014Food and the dining experience was not great. Restaurant was small inside, and the tables were close together. Ordered an appetizer salad that was drenched in vinegar (awful). Menu selections on the Internet were very different from choices available on 7/12/14. Many of the food selections were prepared with heavy cheeses and sauces. Restaurant very overpriced. Have had better food at other Italian Restaurant in the area. Service not great. Wait staff disinterested in assisting customers.
- Fabulous Food as Always!NataraceDined on 7/6/2014Great Italian food at that is coming from an Italian family! Totally enjoyed by our family and very accommodating for children. It is the Hard Rock so it is not the ambiance of the other Martorano's but the food is lovely and the restaurant is much quieter so you can enjoy a conversation.Special Features:
- Horrible for the price!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Main course was undercooked pork. Way overpriced for the food!
- nice place and enjoyablechriscotVIPDined on 7/5/2014went with my wife for a nice date night. very good food and decent service. food is served family style so you can try a few different things. cocktails are overpriced at $16 and they charged me a higher than average corkage fee of $40 for a bottle of wine. neither the cocktail prices nor the corkage fees were listed on the menu so you feel a bit taken advantage of when you get the bill. overall a great place to go though.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantCane11Dined on 7/4/2014We wnet there for our wedding anniversay dinner, used to go to Smith and Wollensky's for almost 20 years until we had a bad experience 2 years ago, now we will go to Martorano's. We have been there befor, but never for a special occasion, and we do recommend it to anyone who is going up to Seminole Hard Rock, that and Council Oaks. Absolutley great food, a little pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seriously delish!MaccDined on 7/1/2014Been going here for years and it never disappoints! Our waiter, Mike, was a delight.. the specials are always a must...overall a stellar nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianPMcLaxDined on 6/28/2014I'd always heard great things about Cafe Martorano in Ft. Lauderdale so had high hopes for the restaurant at Hard Rock. The food was good but nothing to write home about. The Mozzarella is allegedly fresh and made in house but lacked the creaminess of the fresh mozzarella I enjoyed in Italy and at other local eateries. It may be a different variety (not buffalo) but certainly disappointing for the price. The sea bass was very good but covered on an oily and overpowering sauce. Meatballs were ok, I've had better at Vic & Angelo's in Delray. Then the check came and I realized that I could've eaten a very similar meal about 8 times at Zuckerello's in LBS.
- Overpriced-Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014There were 2 hostesses at the door when we arrived. One was very sweet and one was extremely rude not only to us but to others who arrived at the restaurant. Our serving team was excellent. The food was good- not as upscale as the prices. Definitely less of an experience that we expected. Maybe we should've gone to the Fort Lauderdale location Cafe Martorano's for a better experience. Over priced- but has captive audience being at the Seminole Paradise shops.
- PriceyRobTamiVIPDined on 6/27/2014I would recommend , but very pricey for what you get.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 893 reviews are from the Martorano's Italian/American Kitchen at the Hard Rock reviews archive.
- OverratedLuvitfdDined on 6/22/2014Food was average, service was same when you spend $475 you should walk out with a wow and for me n my group it was a been there nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Nice ExperiencePZWeezyDined on 6/21/2014Very nice ambiance. The wait staff was excellent! The food was good, the proportions generous. (A little stingy on the wine pour.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereDolfanjmDined on 6/20/2014Perfect place for good food and a lively party ambiance. Music was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food after all these yearsSteveTDined on 6/20/2014Been there many times and it was still very good food and service. Very good bar for people watching. i suggest you get there early because the DJ music gets loud....really loud. Too loud if you're more into a nice dinner than a club scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodBriecheeseDined on 6/15/2014Food is unbelievable, everything you try is mouth watering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandma's Sauce!luvbeninhanaDined on 6/13/2014We love this restaurant! - changed the menu around a little bit - but still have our favorites! Great if the weather is nice to sit outside - Have not eaten inside - but did seem a little noisy - but was a Friday night! Meatballs are to die for! - the Vodka sauce on the pasta was one of the best we have had! Fried Mozzarella is mouth watering! - everything was great! - Sergio - our waiter was top notch!Special Features:
- Rigid service, salty food, noisyAnneNominusDined on 6/13/2014Was told we had to order appetizers and entrees all at once, regardless of how we wanted to dine. Salty food, bitter burnt garlic taste to everything, and such loud music we were in a disco.
- great food casino pricesRichGVIPDined on 6/13/2014You lknow its going to "cost you" when you go to restaurant at a casino - but here the food is pretty darn good. Their meatball is as good as advertised and their pastas are excellent. But realize you are going to pay $16 for a caesar salad or a tossed salad and appropriate higher prices for everything else. but that's because of where it's located. service can be slow and sometimes you have to remind a waiter of something you ordered but did not get. Noise is another thing. "Energetic" is the word the site uses - but I call it uncomfortably loudSpecial Features:
- Way overpriced!NotimetowasteDined on 6/12/2014A typical Hard Rock restaurant, way overpriced. I took my wife for dinner before a concert at Hard Rock Live, our server did not look like he was happy to be serving us. The server had an assistant like a bus boy who was more attentive and had a better attitude. It seemed more like a get you in, get you fed, and get you out type restaurant. Two drinks were over 30.00 dollars and not well made. I will say the the food was above average in taste and presentation but I have found better Italian food much cheaper. If you have money to blow and time to waste this would be an excellent choice, otherwise Tequila Ranch is a right across the way.Special Features:
- FantasticGeriVIPDined on 6/7/2014Food as always is cooked and presented to perfection. The best veal chop in town among other things. Service is perfect and it's a great place to people watch, dance, party and have a blast. Love it.Special Features:
- Food..Wine...and MoviesWinechic1Dined on 6/7/2014Had a fabulous time at this restaurant! Food was amazing...service was very good and the ambiance was a ton of fun. We will be back for sure...now I just have to figure out how to make the Rigatoni and Sausage with escarole and beans!Special Features:
- MemorableDebraDined on 6/5/2014Second visit and ordered different dishes. Highly recommend the meatball appetizer. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiter abandoned usDebchelDined on 6/5/2014We were there to celebrate 2 birthdays and see the Boston Concert. Overall it was a good experience. The young bus boy was wonderful but our waiter was not. It was unfortunate because it put a damper on our experience. We actually tipped the bus boy and mentioned it to the manager. Also, the bartender was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014Service was outstanding and the food was good. The standard menu is small and the prices are high ( $28 for lasagna), but there are about a dozen specials that you do not know the price of until the bill comes ( $48 for branzino, $38 for linguini with shrimp and broccoli). did I mention that the house white wine - Martorano's own label is $13 a glass. Hello!!!! I eat out often, live in NY/NJ, and higher rated places than this.... Really, as good as the service was, I am outraged at these prices!!!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Really good food, hip scene, service not up to par for a top notch restaurant. Overall just not worth the money.
- Family OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014I have been to this restaurant a couple of times. The food and staff are excellent. The only concern that we found, and maybe just an oversight this last time we went, was the noise level of the music in the dinning room area. it was only 9:00pm, all of the table were full of people eating and the music was very loud and we found it very difficult to have a conversation with each other. I would suggest that they find a way to keep the music level down in the dinning room area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceTerribleserviceVIPDined on 5/25/2014I don't usually review restaurants, but I have to for this one. The hostess was awful. There was sub-par customer service...when a waiter says, "We ain't got no soup", then you know it's not the greatest. I can't recommend this restaurant because even though the food was good, eating is an experience, of which service is included. The service was terrible. It was confusing if the restaurant was trying to appeal to the "common folk" or to the "classy folk". There was no distinction. The inappropriate phrase, "Don't break ballls" was on their menu...Special Features:
- Good Italian food, but a bit priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Very good ambience and food, but a bit pricey. $16 for a nothing special salad, really? What ever happened to four bucks for a side salad when you order an entree? Also, you better ask how much the specials are, because they are all high! Everyone but the waiter was very nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not coming back EVER !!!!juanafVIPDined on 5/23/2014Awful experience ! The special pork chop from the pictures doe snot show price. Be aware, they charge you $ 66.00 ! Pls note this is not a 5 start steak restaurant and not even in a 5 start you will be charged $ 66.00 for a pork chop. my rigatoni was simple paste with no peas as listed in the menu and it was hard. nothing out of the world. Price paid $ 26.00. Drinks are just lemonade of mix. Bad cocktails. Between foods, the last plate took over 15 mins to be served. Restaurant becomes night club and the music is so loud that you cannot talk with your party anymore. The place is way overpriced, food is fair, service is good, but a total rip off. Tried to contact the restaurnat to elt them know the experience and the "contact" link is off.Special Features:
- Bachelorette partyJulzDined on 5/23/2014Amazing time with amazing service. I'll never forget how an amazing night this restaurant made my night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for my 21st birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014I was looking for a place to host my 21st birthday and as soon as i walked into the restaurant i knew it was for me! Given my event was on a Tuesday evening it wasn't very busy which made it feel more private ans special for my girls and I. Our server was awesome! everyone was friendly welcoming and smiles! they played a song we requested and a couple of the guys had a toast with the group. Now the big question...is the food good?! ITS AMAZING. I personally love vodka sauce and it was very delish, i had the famous meatball- i was expecting more but it was still really good. most my friends had alfredo or regular red sauce with meatballs which was great and my other friend ordered a philly- she feel back too good! Overall Must Go :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I have been to Cafe Matagrano in Oakland Park so when I arrived at the Hard Rock location, I was expecting the same great service and great food. To my disappointment that wasn't the case. We sat down and was served water right away. We then had to flag down the "bread" guy to get some for our table. After that we waited probably 15 minutes to flag down another person to take our order, just to find out that everything we wanted to order would take "too long" to get out before our concert we were going to after. It was nice that he let us know that so we were not late for the concert but it was disappointing that we couldn't get what we wanted. In the end, it worked out fine but it wasn't the greatest first impression.Special Features:
- a 6:30 reservation means 7:45 seatsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014The service was terrible. We had to wait an hour and 15 minutes to sit even though we had reservations. The prices for the food were high and the ambiance was low. It was so noisy it was hard to have a conversation. While the food was great, it was not worth that long of a wait. When you are spending hundreds of dollars for dinner, you also don't expect it to be as loud as it is at a sports bar. I will not be going back.
- Amazing DinnerpamhDined on 5/16/2014Loved this place! The tomato mozzarella salad, with fresh mozzarella made daily, was one of the best I've ever tasted. The linguini carbonara was certainly not the normal fare. It was beyond description. Such a delicate flavor combination! Good job!
- The BestRGMBDined on 5/16/2014Great Italian - and not Italian - food at the Hard Rock compound...Just outside the casino doors, this great place by Steve Maratano is packed, busy, but, still able to handle a group of six with no mistakes! Seated on time, great service, great presentation, great drinks and, thankfully, great food. Had a Birthday Boy in the group and the pyrotechnics for the finale were great! don't miss this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014The food quality was excellent ! The seating arrangements did not feel comfortable, we felt boxed in without any privacy within 1 foot of the diners next to us. the waiter Greg had a sarcastic attitude not trying to please.Special Features: