Steakhouse at the Spa
401 East Amado Road
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Steakhouse at the Spa
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.sparesortcasino.com/
- Phone: 7608831060
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Paul Woods
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us after 5:00 PM directly for parties of 5 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Villamor (760)272-0013
A word from Steakhouse at the Spa
Discover The Steakhouse, Palm Springs’ premier place to dine. Explore an *a la carte* menu featuring perfectly aged prime cuts and fresh seafood – all cooked to perfection. Enjoy the exquisite dining experience of The Steakhouse in the casually elegant indoor atmosphere or amidst incredible views on the Mediterranean inspired outdoor patio.The award-winning wine list will compliment your dining experience. Every day of the week we offer an “Early Bird” special from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM. For just $29 you have your choice of Soup du jour or Caesar Salad and Prime Rib with Au Jus & Horseradish Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable or Organic Salmon with Orange Horseradish Glaze & Crispy Leeks, Mashed Potatoes, Vegetable. Add one of our Mini Desserts for only $3.00. Just follow the link in Open Table to our website to view the entire menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Steakhouse at the Spa - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
Steakhouse at the Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (14)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (6)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great Find for a Business Trip!JenniferDined on 2/21/2012I'm here in Palm Springs for a business conference, and happened to hop upon Steakhouse at the Spa for its advertisement for the special: prime rib and salad/soup for $29. I'm not a huge prime rib eater, but after chatting with a local who runs a wine shop nearby, he suggested that I hit this place up. So glad I did! My server was incredible Maxwell(?)(and the water guy was constantly refilling my glass - I'm thirsty!). Excellent prime rib, excellent bread with dinner, great caesar salad, great pinot noir on special for $7/glass. If I lived here, I'd be a regular. And as I was set to leave, I heard my waiter walk up to a couple and talk to them about what they "regularly ordered," which doesn't surprise me.Special Features:
- We had dinner at the SteakhouschefbobcatVIPDined on 2/4/2012We had dinner at the Steakhous at the Spa for my wife's 60th Birthday. Our party of 4 enjoyed the Petite Filet, the Filet, the Double Cut Pork Chop and the Bone-In Rib Eye. Every choice was cooked properly with the exception of my Pork Chop. I had ordered it Medium Rare and it was served Medium. To my suprise, it was corrected in less than 5 minutes, so I was able to dine with my party. We had 3 side dishes, Lobster Mac and Cheese, Asparagus and Button Mushrooms. They were larged enough to serve more than 4 diners and were flavorful, but the Lobster Mac and Cheese is not as tasty as Cielo at Morongo Casino. The service was very good and attentive.Special Features:
- This is a decent place asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2012This is a decent place as casino restaurants go ...but to get there you have to walk through a smoke filled casino by the time you hit the restaurant ...you want to gagSpecial Features:
- Bad ExperienceJesusDined on 2/1/2012The food was great but the service left much to be desired. Poor experience. Server paid more attention to other tables and left us unattended for over 30 minutes. Manager checked on other tables and never stopped by our table, being the only Hispanic couple one can only wonder. Most likely will not return.Special Features:
- AVOID AT ALL COSTSOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2012BE ADVISED, THIS RESTAURANT WILL NOT ACCEPT DINING CHEQUES. IN FACT IF YOU TRY TO USE THEM, THEY BRING SECURITY GUARDS TO ADVISE YOU THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT IT!
- Excellant place for a special mealPSResidentDined on 1/8/2012This visit was excellant. Had the porterhouse and the ribeye and both were perfectly prepared. The Portabella Thormidor that I has as an appetizer was especially good. I could have made an entire meal with two orders of that alone. On a previous visit I had the prime rib with the yorkshire pudding. Stay away for the yorkshire pudding. Tasted as if it had been made the day before - was hard, cold and unappetizing. This time our meal was exceptional and I would recommend the Steakhouse at the Spa Casino for any special occasion.Special Features:
- the food was great... andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011the food was great... and our server was amazing. Id go back again and again and again...Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!1KTravelerVIPDined on 12/31/2011We dined here on New Year's Eve. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Palm Springs due to the availability of Prime Steaks, usually great service, and nice atmosphere. We had the Chateaubriand for Two, which was delicious and beautifully carved tableside. The side sauces are worth the trip alone! The vegetable medley was attractive, although cooked beyond what I usually prefer. We had the dessert sampler (4) items which offered the best of the menu. Other than some poorer than usual service on the part of our waiter, it was another memorable evening at the Spa SteakhouseSpecial Features:
- We had a nice and relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/29/2011We had a nice and relaxing dinner.. The food was good.
- Very consistent food wise.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2011Very consistent food wise. Several very good wines on sale for $20.00 a bottle! Great value.Special Features:
- My husband and I were awayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2011My husband and I were away on a relaxing vacation together and we had a wonderful time. The were properly seated even though we were late for our reservation, since we had just driven in. Our server was great, and the food was delicious! Love the inside, the deco, color changing foundain and ceiling were all fun to notice. The light up menus and check book were awesome, never seen it light up before but definitely wrapped the night up wonderfully!Special Features:
- Always surprised at how goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/13/2011Always surprised at how good the food is in spite of being in a Casino!Special Features:
- Our dinner was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2011Our dinner was excellent. Our server Ken was excellent - gave suggestions, friendly and very responsive. The meal was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Excellent steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2011The food is prepared perfectly and tastes amazing. Our filet mignon and Porterhouse were prepared properly and were given an extra kick with the Bernaise and Gongonzola sauces we choose on the side. The Mac N' Cheese and Asparagus were perfect sides. There was almost too much food. The staff at The Steakhouse treated us very well. We were never without empty drinks or empty waters, and the level of attention we were given made us feel very special.Special Features:
- A BIT PRICY , BUT OVER ALLOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011A BIT PRICY , BUT OVER ALL GREAT FOOD , SERVICE ...Special Features:
- After many repeat visits toOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2011After many repeat visits to a very good restaurant, this experience revealed big changes in the kitchen. The crab legs were rubbery and tasteless, the chicken entree inedible. Even old favorite like caprese and lamb chop appetizers were different and sub-par. Only the tuna tartar appetizer had the old magic. Off night? Absolutely! At those prices, they can't afford one.
- The breads were okay, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2011The breads were okay, but it would have been nice to have the person serving the bread tell us what the various breads were, and what the spreads were. I think one was butter, but we didn't want to just taste the other one. Onion soup was perfect - my husband had the Caesar salad and would have preferred having the option of italian dressing rather than the Caesar dressing. We had the Prime Rib, but it wasn't that great - very fatty. I didn't get a refill on my ice tea until we were just about done with dinner.Special Features:
- just okaycarebear9577Dined on 9/3/2011This restaurant is definitely trying to be a high end steakhouse. The menu is very similar to other steakhouses as well are the prices. In comparison to other high end restaurants like it, this one was not my favorite. The food was good and so was the service but I've definitely had better.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2011Excellent food and service. A bit pricy, but definitely worth it!Special Features:
- Food was very good, serverOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2011Food was very good, server was too familiar and opinionated. Ordered a glass of wine, she said she was from Napa and knew a "better" choice, which was much more expensive of course. She came back to the table almost 10 minutes later and wanted to know if we'd made a choice on wine, we told her we had already ordered, she just said "oh yeah" and never apologized for her confusion. She was not pleasant, thought she was witty and funny, but was mostly annoying, opinionated and not very attentive. If I returned, I would make a point to ask not to be served by her.
- Très bon restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2011Le site peut paraitre un peu décalé pour un français , le restaurant se situe dans un casino. Le décor est réussi , mélange de cuir et d'acier. le service est exceptionnel, la viande rouge est excellente. L'addition n'est pas excessive vu les prestattions. Parfait !!!Special Features:
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2011Great food, great service, great vibe. I enjoyed every moment of it!
- OK, not great.TheGoddessDined on 6/4/2011Our experience was ALMOST perfect. French Onion Soup and Crab Cakes for starters were delicious. Mojito was one of the best I've had. Prime Chateaubriand was ok. I've had better and cheaper steak elsewhere. The sides - vegetables and mac and cheese - were delicious. The potatoes weren't so great. Chocolate Souffle for dessert was delicious. Couldn't ask for a better way to end the meal. Lastly, the wait staff ... AMAZINGLY on top of it. Never had to wait for my drink or bread basket to be refilled. The only negative, the host. We got there 20 minutes early for our reservations and they wouldn't seat us. They said they were super busy and our table wasn't ready. When we were seated, there were so many open tables and they were not busy.Special Features:
- As always, food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011As always, food, service and ambience lived up to our expectations. A great place for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Very good steak house. SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2011Very good steak house. Special 59.00 for two for dinner ceased salad and steak fish or pork. Great dealSpecial Features:
- Jose was great and he spokeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011Jose was great and he spoke both english and spanish which was ideal for our situation.
- Execellent friendly service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011Execellent friendly service. Food consistently very,very good for each of a party of 4. A variety of dishes to chose from. Immpressive overall quality.
- We have been to the Spa ResortOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2011We have been to the Spa Resort Casino and never really noticed this hidden gem. We say the special (Dinner for 2) and thought we would try it - it was WONDERFUL! Steak was cooked to perfection, service was very good, atmosphere very relaxing. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the SteakhousegracieDined on 4/25/2011We enjoyed the Steakhouse at the Spa. However, we enjoyed LG's in Palm Springs better becasue the meat tasted better.Special Features:
- I took my sister here forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2011I took my sister here for her 41st Birthday along with 2 other friends. The atmosphere was Beautiful. Really made you forget that there was a casino right out the door. We all loved our dishes. It was a bit pricey so I would save it for a special occasion. We all thoroughly enjoyed it!Special Features:
- We loved the new lighted menusroboslkVIPDined on 4/11/2011We loved the new lighted menus especially since one of us is having eye problems it was a big help. They have increased the steak special from $50 to $59. The filet while good was really small and the accompanying side dishes were pretty small as well. I used to think this was the best deal in the desert but now it's just an average deal and will go only on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Been there several times andfoodiemexDined on 4/2/2011Been there several times and as always, very satisfied. I highly recommend the wedge salad. Sun.-Thurs. they have the prixe-fixe menu for $49 for two, so you can try it out then. The chocolate cake was not very good. I should have ordered the lava cake.Special Features:
- Overpriced for what it is.....KalirickVIPDined on 3/30/2011Overpriced for what it is. They have a "two entries for $49" special but everything else is overpriced (e.g. shrimp cocktail $22). With one drink, one appetizer, and one glass of wine each and the $49 special our tab was still over $150. The steak/prime rib were average at best. No cabs by the glass listed on the menu were available. However, service was excellent and is about the best thing this restaurant has....
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2011The food was excellent, the service was awesome and the ambiance was great.Special Features:
- I have been to The SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2011I have been to The Steakhouse many times however, this time, the server didn't get my order entirely correct. Furthermore, one of the entrees - a prime rib ordered medium rare - came out well done. When it was sent back, it came out the second time medium. The outside of the prime rib was also very salty (more than it should have been). I would say, however, that this was most likely an isolated event as I have never had a bad meal at this restaurant and will return (can't beat the price).
- An experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011Nice atmosphere, good food, a little pricey so it would be a place just for special occasions. Our waiter wasn't very cordial or attentive. Never returned to see if we needed anything or checked on us! They never gave our birthday guest a dessert, card or anything! Not even a happy birthday wish :-(Special Features:
- Very good service with a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2011Very good service with a quiet warm friendly feeling. Enjoyed the dinning here will return in the future.Special Features:
- Very nice evening, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2011Very nice evening, great service and reasonable prices...not so thrilled on dessert but everything else was very good.
- wow, what a change and notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2011wow, what a change and not for the good. food was definitely not worth $25 per person. steaks used to be absolutely great. potato is now 1/4 of a potato piped with potato from a pastry bag, used to be a great baked potato with everything, salad was a woefully under dressed boring Caesar...used to be a choice which included a wedge salad. no dessert included, used to be. i really don't care about the dessert but would like a decent meal. martini's are $12, used to be served in a large martini glass... loved the lighted menus.
- Staff and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/30/2010Staff and service was very knowledgable and very on top of things. My clients from Canada really enjoyed and even said they would come back here.... Cheers to the Steakhouse C Preciado- Palm SpringsSpecial Features: