2400 Boston Street
Baltimore, MD 21224Neighborhood:
Low CountryPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.langermanns.com/
- Phone: 4105343287
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast:Saturday : 9:00am - 11:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, American
- Executive Chef: Neal Langermann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are happy to cater your event! Please refer to our menu for items or call the restaurant for additional options.
- Special Events: We host cocktail parties, fundraisers, commencements, bridal and baby showers, weddings and wedding receptions!
A word from Langermann's
Langermann's Restaurant Group defines Low-Country cooking. Our Fresh Kitchen combines comfort food with a special twist. Shrimp and Grits are a favorite. We are a friendly neighborhood place with the hint of a drawl - all crafted a little slower to accentuate the rich tastes and simple elegance. It may not be the South but it is definitely our very own delicious little slice. Enjoy our cuisine by the fireplace, on the patio or terrace in the warmer months. Come join us for supper with friends, happy hour, or special dinner party. We offer a scrumptious Brunch Buffet on Sundays!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Langermann's - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Langermann's reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (75)neighborhood gem (70)great for brunch (61)good for groups (59)special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (53)great for lunch (39)romantic (24)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- Space is quite a bit too bigOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2010Space is quite a bit too big for the number of customers, but the food was good so maybe more folks will start filling up the space!Special Features:
- This is our second visit.JohnVIPDined on 9/15/2010This is our second visit. I always want the food to be more interesting than it is. It's good but not exceptional. It seems like they have good concepts but are afraid to really push the flavor envelope. If it was a lower price point it may be more tolerable. It's a great location and attractive.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2010We really enjoyed our first visit to Langermann's. The food was wonderful, and our waiter provided great service. My favorite dish of the evening was a warm seasonal fruit tart with vanilla ice cream- absolutely delicious. The only issues were that the traffic in that area is crazy and the booth seat was too high for the table. I would recommend sitting at a table with chairs only rather than booth-type seating. There is free garage parking in the shopping complex after 5 pm. We'll be back to Langermann's again!Special Features:
- Great food- one of my companiansQueeniroseVIPDined on 8/30/2010Great food- one of my companians especially like the grits!Special Features:
- The experience was a pleasurableRamirezEDined on 8/29/2010The experience was a pleasurable one. The food was great, and it is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- very nice service staff; foodnonoDined on 8/28/2010very nice service staff; food was very good; the specials were appealing as well. will come again.Special Features:
- Went here for dinner tonight,dphillabaumVIPDined on 8/27/2010Went here for dinner tonight, will be back. Had a good selection of sides and salads to go with their entrees. Decent outdoor dining area, but moreso if you're into people watching than for the scenery (not as good of a view as places that are right on the water). Very reasonably priced, our bill was $55 for 2, which included a glass of wine for her, an appetizer for both of us, a dessert to split, and 2 entrees. Service was quick and efficient, very polite and knowledgable. We were probably this guy's last table of the night (got there just about 9:30 for our res.) and there was no drop off in service, he refilled my drink without asking and all of that. Sad to say, but that's not a given at many similarly-priced places. Overall grade: A-.Special Features:
- very good managment of complaints.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010very good managment of complaints. our chicken wings were just slightly cold in the inside. they brought an entire new plate and deleted all the wings from our check. and about 3 persons came to our table to excuse for. food was delicious. try the berry cobbler!Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2010I really enjoyed the food and the service. the only problem was one of the people at my table sent the Salmon back because it wasn't cooked enough for her, I think she should have asked them to make it well down when she ordered. That being said I had the Salmon also and mine was cooked perfectly. I will be going back.Special Features:
- What was good was very good,FoodiePhylVIPDined on 8/26/2010What was good was very good, and what was not, was not. Great Fried Green Tomatoes, Scallops, Gumbo, Beef Tenderloin with delish Bordelaise Sauce. But, much to our surprise - and dismay - the Mac and Cheese had NO taste. Fun sitting outside on a beautiful night. Inside is way too noisy. Would go back and focus on ordering the tasty dishes. By the way, our waiter, Zach, was very good!Special Features:
- We have dined at Langermann'swaomVIPDined on 8/24/2010We have dined at Langermann's almost a dozen times, for brunch and dinner. I am reluctantly coming to the conclusion that the dinner menu is uneven but the service is good. Recently, two of us ordered the salmon--prepared two different ways, and we both thought it was fishy tasting. The crab cake entree was well received, but the scallop dish was gritty. We avoid the halibut and seabass because they are thick cuts and the couple of times that we ordered them the fish didn't seem to be cooked through. Starters, salads and other entrees we've tried are delightfully delicious. We want to like Langermann's so we will keep trying, and carefully picking and choosing what we order. Brunch has been consistent; a lovely way to start any day.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the SouthernOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2010I really enjoyed the Southern inspired menu, excellent twists on old favorites. The dishes are different without being overdone. I especially enjoyed the Asian rib appetizer and the berry cobbler. The wine list offers a variety of good moderately priced wines. Langerman's also offers a variety of specials and happy hour deals throughout the week, I am definately planning on making it there on a Tuesday when they have their Creole rib special. The ambiance is both modern and homey. The service was both friendly and fast.Special Features:
- Great wait staff and thisFoodfanVIPDined on 8/21/2010Great wait staff and this was our 3rd visit, but we struck out on 2 things we wanted on the menu as no longer available. Were told the restaurant has no freezer and only buys 'fresh' each day. All that is good but a little disappointing the first choice wasn't available. Nicer still, we like the discount we get from being at our marina across the street!Special Features:
- The service was friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/20/2010The service was friendly and efficient. Excellent restaurant week menu. The crab and tuna tartare was one of the best appetizers I have enjoyed in recent times. Easy to see why they won the golden fork!Special Features:
- the food was quite good, butCherylDined on 8/19/2010the food was quite good, but it was the service that was extraordinary!Special Features:
- the food was great and unique.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2010the food was great and unique. I am looking forward to going back. The only problem is wheather to try something new or get the shrimp and grits again which was delicious.Special Features:
- Appetizers were AMAZING, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2010Appetizers were AMAZING, but the entrees were only ok, nothing special. Great wait staff and nice atmosphere, we had an overall good time.Special Features:
- Good food and generous portions.MayankDined on 8/18/2010Good food and generous portions. Went with friends for Baltimore restaurant week and ordered the Lunch Menu. Crab Soup was good but light on crab. Tuna and Crab Tartar was excellent and would highly recommend it. Wild Alaskan Salmon was great. It came with Corn and Fava beans, both cooked to perfection. Dessert was Blueberry and White chocolate cheesecake. good portion and flavor. Would definitely recommend this place. A word of caution. If you are planning to go for lunch, try to get there before 12:00 pm. Our Appetizers came promptly but the Entree and desert took a long time since the place had filled up a bit.Special Features:
- Overall the experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/17/2010Overall the experience was an experience. The food was everything that you could want and more... The service, on the other hand, was horrific. Even the manager took our drink order and never returned.The Hostess finally took our order. When the result(food)is so fantastic, it is hard to not want to go back. I will. The Happy Hour menu looks like it will be the event for my next visit. Maybe Restaurant Week was too much for them. We will see :)Special Features:
- TThe restaurant was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2010TThe restaurant was really nice and the service was great. The lunch/brunch menu was wonderful there my choices were plentiful. I chose to be good and bad with my meal. I will most likely return for dinner to experience their dinner menu.Special Features:
- LOVED Langermann's...one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2010LOVED Langermann's...one of the best meals I've had in the past couple of years.Special Features:
- Note that they have half-bottlesSakiDined on 8/14/2010Note that they have half-bottles of decent wines, which allows you to try different bottles without going overboard. Also, this easily accommodates those who go out with folks that only prefer white or red wine.Special Features:
- Some hits and misses duringKPReatsVIPDined on 8/3/2010Some hits and misses during our experience. We thought the portion size and the prices were good. Service was better than average, but our server kept trying to rush us even though for the first 30 minutes we were there, we were the only ones in the place. Overall, I just think this place needs some fine-tuning. The mashed potatoes were bland and stiff. The caesar salad dressing had no flavor. The BBQ ribs appetizer was not good. The ribs were boiled and served with a pre-made Asian sauce. Not sure what part of the south those came from. The macaroni and cheese is no more than a bowl of boiled noodles with cheese sauce poured on top of them. For a restaurant that calls itself southern and inspired, it needs to find itself in both respects.
- Service was professional andSLR1VIPDined on 7/28/2010Service was professional and outstanding. Food was delicious and outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:
- I really liked Langermann's.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2010I really liked Langermann's. We chose to sit outside and this place seriously feels like you are in Baltimore suburbs more than Baltimore city. The food was really good, the specials were amazing, prices reasonable. Service was consistent and very friendly. This is a great place to go with a group of friends for a nice and casual dinner for an affordable price. Also parking was not too bad. Canton is quickly becoming the coolest place in Baltimore.Special Features:
- Have been there the last twoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/24/2010Have been there the last two weekends. Food has been outstanding; the special appetisers were excellent. They know how to prepare fish. Everything has been fresh.Special Features:
- The staff was attentive andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2010The staff was attentive and friendly. We had a big group and they let us take our time and did not rush us out. The food was very good. I will be returning and recommending this restaurant.Special Features:
- The restaurant is very newPhleeVIPDined on 7/21/2010The restaurant is very new and has very good ambience. THe food selection was very good and our Crispy Sea Bass entree was to die for!! Very nice! The service was very good as well and the hostess wished my wife a Happy Birthday upon arrival. We'll be back, there's lots of other dishes we would love to try!!!Special Features:
- Great food esp our fish dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2010Great food esp our fish dishes that night. We will be back and go back again and again.Special Features:
- Our waitress recommended theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2010Our waitress recommended the Sea Bass and the short ribs and both were outstanding. The Sea Bass was exceptional. Golden crisp on the outside and moist inside with a beautiful presentation. Fried green tomatoes had a tasty cream cheese spread inside with tangy chow chow! And the "Adult cookies and milk" were awesome! Lovely wait staff as well.
- I tried out this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2010I tried out this restaurant after they had a Groupon offer. Made reservations and were seated right away. Our server kind of didn't realize were there for a while and when he did, was extremely apologetic. We weren't in a hurry so it wasn't a big deal and he was very attentive after that. Their ingredients are very fresh, and they have some great specials. We ordered a really good ahi tuna appetizer, the beef medallions, and the salmon salad. For dessert, the berry cobbler is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Our total tab was $87 (not including Groupon) and that included 1 appetizer, two entrees, dessert, and four glasses of wine total. Pretty reasonable I think. I would definitely come here again!Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2010The food was very good and the setting was comfortable. My only complaint was that they ran a Groupon add on July 14th, which I bought. I also made a reservation through OpenTable for that same evening. When I tried to print the Groupon, I received a warning that it would only become effective the next day (7/15). Since my reservation was for the 14th, I reluctantly canceled the Groupon and supposedly will receive a refund. To make it even more confusing, when I mentioned the problem upon arrival at the restaurant, the manager said he would honor the Groupon. Of course, by then it was too late...the bottom line is that I lost out on a discount. Not the end of the world, but a bit frustrating. Neverthless, I would go back to the restaurant!
- It had the feel of an upscalcOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/14/2010It had the feel of an upscalc chain; dark wood, white table cloths and a big, open space. The food was good, with alot of seafood selections and some really good sides. The service was friendly and prompt--the waiter had a nice sense of humor without trying too hard. A fun place to go on a weeknight after work.Special Features:
- Loved it! Very rarely canOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2010Loved it! Very rarely can I say that EVERYTHING was EXCELLENT; however, in this case, I can! No part of the entire dining experience (from entering the door to driving off in my car) fell below excellent, extraordinary or remarkable! While waiting for our reservation time, we sat in the bar area to enjoy a glass of wine, and noticed a great happy hour menu is available from 5-8PM. This will be a regular weekly spot for us! Superb!Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2010We thoroughly enjoyed our experience. My father loved the meat loaf special and ate more than I'd seen him eat in a long time. Appetizers and entrees were excellent. Unfortunately we were too full to order desert. Our waiter Zach was attentive and helpful and made our dinner more enjoyable. Hope to return soon.
- Pleasurable experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2010Pleasurable experience. Food was very good and adequately priced. We will definitely be going back. The only complaint is that it was very loud.
- The food was very good andfoodloverVIPDined on 7/7/2010The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- I only gave two stars forwaomVIPDined on 7/3/2010I only gave two stars for the food because we thought it should have been better. It was not bad, but we expected something much better than average. I think the kitchen can work through this... The wedge salad was very good, as was the seasonal tomato salad. But my crab cakes tasted like there was alot of filler, and the crispy grouper was a bit boring. Our friends seemed to be okay with their food, but there wasn't any excitement about the dishes that we all had. We will eat there again, and hope we have an excellent meal next time.
- Second time there and foodFoodfanVIPDined on 7/2/2010Second time there and food was still just as good as the first time. Same waitress as the first visit too - Margaret - who remembered us. And we get a nice discount since we are from the marina across the street.Special Features:
- exceptional service and goodJennCariVIPDined on 6/19/2010exceptional service and good food. Will definitely go back!Special Features: