6440 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85718Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vivacetucson.com/
- Phone: 5207957221x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday-Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel D. Scordato
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet facilities please contact for pictures and further information.
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
A word from Vivace Restaurant
Rated number one for food in Tucson, by Zagat Survey, this Foothills restaurant has a Tuscan decor providing northern Italian fare, thoughtfully prepared with reasonable prices and wine list. Choose from a selection of appetizers, salads, pasta and main plates such as crab filled breaded chicken breast or grilled fresh salmon and rock shrimp. Relaxed inside and patio dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vivace Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Vivace Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
454 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (373)special occasion (334)romantic (242)fit for foodies (233)notable wine list (193)great for lunch (188)great for outdoor dining (173)good for groups (155)neighborhood gem (152)hot spot (80)great for brunch (44)late-night find (30)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- We enjoyed charming dining as usualHIPPO243VIPDined on 8/20/2014My companion was pleased with the breaded chicken breast, while I spread goat cheese on hot buttered garlic toast and delighted in the Vivace signature antipasto with marvelously steamed spinach. Such a meal! We had a chance to discuss some clinical challenges and computer difficulties before exiting to drive back to my office for a busy afternoon followed by an evening meeting with local hypnotists discussing the complex exigencies of modified psychiatric interventions for acute response to chronic dissociated ego-states in middle-aged women afflicted with grief, anger and anxiety. (And you thought we just came by for lunch, hmmm?) We are chronic patrons due to your continuing excellence. Roxanna was enthusiastic and Neal was charming!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. I wanted to be near Skyline Drive, north of Tucson proper and near our hotel. I was delighted to find this place and then see that it was listed as #2 out of 1,637 restaurants listed in TripAdvisor. We had a 6:30 pm reservation and despite folks waiting in the reception area, we were immediately escorted to a table overlooking the city and the incoming storm clouds, complete with occasional thunder and lightning. Water was served as menus were given to us. Our server was at our table side about the time I opened the wine list. From that point on, the evening was a delight. Food was excellent, service better. A great, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Vivace's as outstanding as ever. First visit to the new location since getting back in town and love it. Good to see all the same, excellent wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in TucsonPaulZeboDined on 8/19/2014I have been going to Vivace for close to 20 years. Been through two locations with them and now the third. I have travel throughout the Western U.S. and have not found a better restaurant. Consistently excellent food and service. For lunch, you cannot beat their ham sandwich, penne and sausage or the seafood soup. The new location is further to drive, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Wonderful DiningAAK1603Dined on 8/18/2014The food and service at Vivace Restaurant was great! My wife and I greatly enjoyed our wedding anniversary diner.Special Features:
- Great food, great value.DickydinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit and the high quality of the food was evident once again - and at relatively reasonable prices for a fine dining restaurant. The Seafood Soup is a show stopper. It can be noisy, so try to avoid the tables jammed along the interior colonnade. And the tables for two are small and make maneuvering the oversized plates here a challenge. Unfortunately, unlike most Open Table restaurants, Vivace does not seem to be very responsive to special seating requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!Good2ChooseDined on 8/14/2014The four of us had a fantastic dining experience. All of us were extremely pleased with our food selections. Each was proclaimed to be exquisite! The preparation, seasoning, and presentation of each dish was first class. The server, Athena, was friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely pleasant. She certainly enhanced our dining enjoyment.Special Features:
- Tucson's best?FoodDudeVIPDined on 8/14/2014I haven't eaten at all the restaurants in town, but this has to be at or very near the top. In apples to apples, it is by far the best Italian. Elegant without being stuffy, the substantial menu has a wide range of prices and varied entrees, and the staff knows them very well. I've had veal scaloppini all over the country and none were better. Fork tender, with a lemony sauce offset by briny capers. Wonderful. The new location is spacious with wooden floors which can make things louder than some prefer. An ample wine list with a range of prices, not unlike the menu which has lower priced and simple fare as well as more sophisticated creations. They have a fondness for fontina cheese in the baked dishes but less filling options are fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentkinotomDined on 8/14/2014I was traveling by myself and decided to try the "new" Vivace. The view was excellent as was the food and service.Special Features:
- 1st time customerhaldianeDined on 8/14/2014Dined on recommendation by numerous friends. Did not like the main dining room - to noisy & open, not intimate in spite of nice views of mountains & back patio. Ordered 2 fish specials @ 5:30 pm & already kitchen was out, only had 1. Was not impressed w/marinara sauce-something that could be made at home, not fine dining quality. Overall disappointment, as was celebrating a birthday. Reservation noted the special occassion, but no mention of it by restaurant personnel.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014Always a lovely experience, a very special place to go.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/12/2014What I love about this restaurant is how consistently good it is. The menu doesn't change a lot but that is why I like it. The seafood lasagne is wonderful and one of our favorite dishes. Terrific views are a bonus if you get a table near the windows.Special Features:
- VivaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/11/2014Beutiful views of the city Great Italian Food The fish and the rice with vegetables superbSpecial Features:
- Always Great!DaveDined on 8/11/2014Love this restaurant!! Food has always been great and service terrific. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missmuffettDined on 8/11/2014From the valet parking attendants to the hostess, waiter and busboys, the service was gracious and attentive without being overly solicitous. And a lovely birthday dessert for our special guest topped the luncheon off. We've decided to come back often and try something different on the menu instead of sticking to our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BranzinoRhinoDined on 8/11/2014Branzino was the lunchtime special. Both of us ordered it, finished it, loved it and recommended it to several others. All loved it. Felix, our waiter, was superb as always. The rest of the staff was friendly and attentive as they always are. They've made us part of the family.Special Features:
- Better LocationSandiDined on 8/9/2014We always enjoyed the food at Vivace, but did not care for its former location. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at their new location. We will return often now.Special Features:
- Very Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014everything was very good. the food, service, and atmosphere was all very good!!Special Features:
- As Lawrence Welk would have said...Haardrock1141VIPDined on 8/9/2014Awonderful, awonderful. The meal and the service were outstanding with a great view of Tucson. Candace was our server and was very professional and most hospitable. My wife and I live 35 miles (about an hour) from Vivace but it well worth the time and effort if you like excellent food and service.
- As good as alwaysyannaDined on 8/9/2014My daughter and I enjoy the 3 cheese and spinach soufflé for lunch. It has been consistently very good. The new location is a nice open arena with several levels. One section will have great evening city views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 8/8/2014Marvelous meal. I had the striped bass, my friend had the magnificent red pepper fish soup. Candace took good care of us with excellent hot coffee and and Vivace's mint chocolate gelato. We truly enjoyed a peaceful meal at a quiet time, lingering over great coffee for nearly an hour. Thank you all for working so hard to maintain your continued excellence. we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at VivancedonbDined on 8/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner on August 7th. My wife and I had veal picata. It was excellent. The meal capped a wonderful birthday for my wife. We will definitely return for another meal. You should be proud to serve great food along with very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceAZoldguyDined on 8/7/2014We were joined by special friends from out-of-town for a most pleasant evening. The restaurant was very busy, but it was possible to carry on a conversation without shouting, unlike so many "in" places. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. We will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VivaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Great service and fantastic food! Felix gives excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulbiscuitannieDined on 8/6/2014Had a terrific meal, on our anniversary, at Vivace. The staff, food, views... all wonderful. We are already planning our next visit.Special Features:
- Good option for special occasionsveggiedinerDined on 8/6/2014There were four of us for dinner and at times we had trouble conversing over the noise level. Food was tasty, but heavy. Very few vegetarian options. the wine list was extensive and appropriately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbandiDined on 8/6/2014Vivace can do no wrong. period. i am not a big fan of Italian food because of its heaviness, but the lightness and attention to every detail in the selection of ingredients and preparation makes each dish a delicacy. The views from of every side are gorgeous and the service is second to none. a true Tucson gem and not to be missed. reserve early!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIPPO243VIPDined on 8/6/2014As usual, we had a very fine time. My wife greatly enjoyed her favorite breaded chicken breast with mashed potatoes and gravy. I had the Vivace signature, sliced filet mignon on toast with the excellent mixed greens salad, iced tea and a split Vivace mint & chocolate Gelato topped off an enjoyable meal. Joyce took good care of us despite having to keep up with an energetic table of eight nearby. Roxanna took some time as we departed to show us your banquet facilities. She was very helpful. Thank you. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service and wineSqirlpowrDined on 8/5/2014Yvonne the hostess was very polite and welcoming. Our waiters name was Ishban and he was extremely professional and seamless with his service. Food was delightful as always and we had such a grand time laughing, drinking, enjoying such great cuisine, and taking in the views. This place is a treat in itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday funturtletimDined on 8/5/2014We decided to eat outside as the patio ambience is very nice and inside it was loud since the tables are close together. The food was excellent and our waiter was very friendly and added to the overall experience. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Special Anniversary TreatPitaSpeaksDined on 8/5/2014This is our special place for special occasions! The food is amazing and now they have awesome views too! Love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Service was good, food was okay, but not exceptional. It was an ok dining experience, but nothing to rave about.
- VivaceBellaDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the people are wonderful and friendly !!The service was oustanding . The food was forgettable .. I remember Vivace when it was everything you could want in a special night out .. Out of 6 people no one was impressed with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful restaurantAlexisDined on 8/2/2014The meal was fabulous. I had the baked eggplant; out of this world. My brother had the bread pudding. Marvelous. This is one of Tucson's superb restaurants; I've dined there several times and just love it.Special Features:
- Crab stuffed chicken breastIluvfudDined on 8/1/2014As good as it sounds................................Special Features:
- consistently outstandingEric55Dined on 8/1/2014Always a great bargain for delicious Italian based creative menu. One of Tucson's best restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Birthday Wish come true!Azfoodie636Dined on 7/31/2014First timers and it was a great place to celebrate a friend's birthday! The pork dish was awesome and the staff was great in taking the time to make this a birthday to be remembered!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationTJV2000Dined on 7/31/2014I requested a romantic table for our 21st anniversary celebration (in my reservation) and was seated promptly to a lovely table for two next to the window. Our food was delicious, especially the handmade manicotti. Our server, James, was attentive but not intrusive. We had a lovely evening. Vivace has always been one of our favorite places for any occasion. We will most definitely continue to dine here. ourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DININGALMCDined on 7/30/2014Food took an inordinate amount of time considering how busy restaurant was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyMomsieDined on 7/30/2014Always happy when we dine at Vivace. Everything is superb. We love the fact that this restaurant is consistently excellent in every respect. We count on it as most of our celebrations take place here.Special Features: