Thunder Burger & Bar
3056 M St NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Thunder Burger & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thunderburger.com/
- Phone: 2023332888
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00am, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am *Limited Bar Menu Available For One Hour After Kitchen Closes
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Cross Street: 31st St
- Public Transit: Thunder Burger is located approximately .75 miles from both the Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn Metro stations. The Georgetown Metro Connect, the Circulator Bus and the "30"s" Metrobuses all stop within 1/2 block of the restaurant, in front of the Georgetown Barnes & Noble (east-bound) or at the corner of M and 31st St (west-bound).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Colonial Parking operates an open-air parking lot directly across M St from Thunder Burger, as well as a garage right around the corner on 31st St. In addition there are several other public lots within a very short walk of Thunder Burger.
A word from Thunder Burger & Bar
Thunder Burger & Bar brings an edgy, rock & roll dining experience to the heart of Georgetown. Our mouthwateringly juicy and generously sized signature burgers are affordable works of art. A full selection of appetizers, refreshing salads, creative entrees and decadent home-made desserts offer a variety of dining options. Whether seated at the trendy bar, the graffiti highlighted banquettes and booths, or our ivy covered library room, sample from a large selection of American craft micro-brew beers and fine whiskeys. No matter the occasion, intimate dates, groups and families alike, enjoy the comfortable and energetic atmosphere with highly attentive service. Weekend Brunch now available, and a late-night menu is also available every evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Thunder Burger & Bar - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Thunder Burger & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- For something with the nameOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/7/2011For something with the name burger in the title I would hope to be a little more impressed but their straight up burger (what my boyfriend ordered). It left a little to be desired. However, there were some playful yummy options which I opted for...turkey burger with swiss, apple and avocado. I was satisfied. The atmosphere was interesting, stone walls, fireplace, a little dark, brocade-like sconces and chandeliers...very playful. However, the spray paint on the walls was a bit too edgy for my taste. We got there at 6:55 and they had happy hour deals until 7:00 which was a bonus.
- Great for brunch and has aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/1/2011Great for brunch and has a nice selection of micro-brew beers.Special Features:
- Manager attentive on tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/22/2010Manager attentive on trying to coordinate things. Waitresses very good. Kitchen timing off. . appitizers notably slow and then main course arrived too fast. Like the decadent food w items like hummus....reminds me of why the conservites get tatoos. your best bet would try to get big burly biker looking guys who are attentive to serve. Pitch to get an appitizer ie spend more money because food takes so long is a bad one esp when you hear it three times from waitresses at neighboring tables all the more reason for free bread or something that advances image. Also pitch for Kobe Beef again expensive was over pitched. That burger buy the way was goo but how can you call yourself economical at that price? plus you got stiff competition
- Pretty good. Both my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/19/2010Pretty good. Both my wife and I felt the turkey burger was a little too dense and too salty. Fun place. Need better soft drink options.
- Its not the best burger placeLexDC4321VIPDined on 12/13/2010Its not the best burger place in DC, but its still good and worth a try if you are looking for a reasonably priced Georgetown restaurant. The ambiance is very fun!
- The service was spectacularlySusanDined on 12/8/2010The service was spectacularly friendly and helpful. And the food was very good. Two people had salads, one person had sliders, we had a couple of orders of hummus, and there was a buffalo burger. Everything was to our liking. The beer list is very fun. The wine list is adequate. It's a very fun spot.Special Features:
- we opted for the bison andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2010we opted for the bison and boar burgers and we were high suprised by the quality of the meat...great burgers!
- One of the best burgers I'veIdol2365VIPDined on 11/12/2010One of the best burgers I've ever had in my life. And, good cocktails never hurt either.Special Features:
- My turkey burger was phenomenal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2010My turkey burger was phenomenal! Much better than the first time I went. Not as dry.Special Features:
- Excellent variety of beerCORKyVinoDined on 10/29/2010Excellent variety of beer choices and sampler size allows tasting of more than one kind of beer. A great place for a burger and beer without breaking the bank.
- This burger was VERY tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/28/2010This burger was VERY tasty! I put it up there with Hamburger Hamlet!Special Features:
- Another DC burger place thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/29/2010Another DC burger place that stands out for 1 main reason... homemade ketchup (w/ chili powder) The only burger I have gotten there is the Buffalo Stomp ($15) I love adding the ancho mayo and roasted red peppers. The fries are fries.. but again dipping them in the ancho mayo and homemade ketchup are equally as enjoyable as the ever tasty old bay mayo at the former "Rogue States" The beer selection is great... for some reason, that place inspired my new love of Belgium beers... my wheaties beer.... i definitely like this place (even though it is the 2nd most expensive burger i have seen on a menu) Makes me feel like I am in Rock of Love!Special Features:
- Very solid place. ReasonablyReviewerDined on 9/26/2010Very solid place. Reasonably extensive beer menu (with half off drafts 4-7 pm Sun - Thurs). The burgers are very tasty and the service staff is very attentive.
- Everyone was super friendlySusanDined on 9/26/2010Everyone was super friendly and helpful. We felt very welcome. The decor is just fun. My hamburger (buffalo) was excellent - perfectly seasoned and cooked. I would definitely good back to try the other burgers and some more of the options on the brunch menu.Special Features:
- Very good beer list. SecondOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/25/2010Very good beer list. Second best in Georgetown after Paradiso. Servers have been consistently fun and attentive.Special Features:
- Thunder Burger Bar is a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/25/2010Thunder Burger Bar is a nice addition to Georgetown - it has a funky decor and interesting menu. My burger was very tasty and enjoyable. Not sure I would absolutely go out of my way to come here, but a good spot for a quick, good meal.
- We went for brunch on Saturday.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/25/2010We went for brunch on Saturday. Great omelets with english muffins and potatoes. We also had mimosas and bloody marys. Overall great food, but very quiet for a brunch spot in georgetown. Supposedly busier for the dinner crowd.Special Features:
- Not bad. Thought there mightt8teVIPDined on 9/8/2010Not bad. Thought there might be more options, but there several. Good burger and loved the option for sweet potato fries.
- I went to Thunder Burger andjackyeDined on 8/27/2010I went to Thunder Burger and Bar during Beerweek, not knowing what to expect. I don't typically like hamburgers so was glad there was a very fresh salad with shaved fennel and skewered chicken, which was flavored really well. Just enough food. Beer was great. My guest had a kobe beef burger which he said was delicious. The back room in this restaurant is very quiet for conversations. Out front is a lot noisier with a fun scene. The service was excellent. The maitre d', when I said my name as I entered, remembered without looking at the reservations that I had asked for a quiet table. We felt very welcome and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- It keeps getting better andOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/18/2010It keeps getting better and better! Try the chili - it's awesome! The sweet potato fries are really crispy. Share desserts, they are at least for four people. Enjoy!!!Special Features:
- Great new place for casualOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2010Great new place for casual dining. The burgers were phenomenal and the beer selection can't be beat in Georgetown.Special Features:
- The BEST burgers EVER! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/6/2010The BEST burgers EVER! The chicken wings were the crispiest and juiciest in the entire DC area. Service was awesome and the price/value is totally worth it. Definitely we will regulars at this great place.Special Features:
- Food is ok, nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/21/2010Food is ok, nothing special. But I wonder why they chose such a dark, old-school look for this new restaurant.
- Obviously the hostess needsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/15/2010Obviously the hostess needs to pay more attention since we checked in with her but the next day i got a No Show message from OpenTable. Other than that, the ambiance and food was great.
- The food is much better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/10/2010The food is much better than expected. The burgers are very good, and even the New York Strip is very good -- unexpected for what looks like it could be yet another touristy restaurant on M Street in Georgetown.Special Features:
- When you leave a burger placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/2/2010When you leave a burger place with general consensus being that next time, it's agreed that Johnny Rockets (just across the street a bit) would be a less expensive and almost better burger, that pretty much sums it up. Decor is circa MTVs reality show The Osbornes and the burgers, while very good themselves, cause their buns to become completely soaked through to the state of mush. Also not really great for the calorie counter ("mustard" is actually more like a dijonnaise). Plus side: Very nice selection of beers on tap. Would be a great bar.Special Features: