Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
181 Bay Street - BCE Place
Toronto, ON M5J 2T3Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
JapanesePrice: CAN$51 and over
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.kijapanese.com/
- Phone: 4163085888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday; Dinner: Monday - Saturday; Bar: Monday - Friday: Daily & Nightly, Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: http://www.kijapanese.com/faq-private.html
A word from Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto
ki modern Japanese & bar offers an interesting contemporary menu of Sushi, Japanese small plates, & fabulous shared entrees. A brilliant, cutting edge design incorporates a high profile bar & lounge area, 2 raised dining rooms & Toronto's most dynamic Sushi Bar. ki also offers 3 dramatic private dining areas for groups of 8 to 30 guests & an outdoor bar & patio space on 1 of Toronto's most influential streets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)special occasion (62)good for groups (60)great for lunch (52)hot spot (46)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (42)great for outdoor dining (38)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (23)late-night find (19)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- KoanneJatesDined on 6/24/2014Best martinis, best food, and best service in the city. Never had a disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 756 reviews are from the Ki Modern Japanese + Bar - Toronto reviews archive.
- Anniversary treattastyDined on 6/21/2014Took my wife there for our anniversary and the service and food were, as always, exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Center of EverythingiOnlySpeakTheTruthDined on 6/18/2014Every time I am in Toronto, I go to Ki. I learned about it as a recommendation from a friend. It's in the center of all the good places to be, the food is phenomenal, and the service is excellent. Can't get any better than this.Special Features:
- positive eating experiencemonalisaDined on 6/12/2014I will visit again. Nice ambience, professional service, good food, good presentation. Comfortable tables, chairs are made for taller people...good lighting. It was my first visit, I will be back for lunch or dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare findJSF22VIPDined on 6/9/2014KI is consistently excellent and enjoyable. It offers highly authentic and exceptional upscale Japanese cuisine, along with top quality sushi and sashimi, in a beautiful room with a lovely staff. Very highly recommended.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaystastyDined on 6/4/2014A favorite location that never disappoints. Service, food and location all fantastic. Continue to highly recommend.Special Features:
- Ash V.AshVDined on 5/27/2014I go to Ki fairly regularly; I went there to take my wife for our 9th wedding anniversary since she had not been there. She loved the food. They really know how to treat you well. At the end of the meal, they brought out desert (on them) and gave us a hand written anniversary card. Great restaurant, I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Good but not Great as beforeangelcakesVIPDined on 5/12/2014The Miso chowder used to call to me. It was just greasy this time around and missing that wow factor. Something's changed but i just can't pinpoint what. Server was nice.
- Outstanding ServiceOutstandingDined on 5/10/2014I dined with my daughters before our 10K Sporting Life run the next morning and the server was outstanding - his recommendations were right on the money as my one daughter cannot have seafood or raw fish - the cucumber, avocado, wasabi dish was just like he said - all different flavours hitting you at different times! He also was very good at just ordering us the perfect amount of food. Third time at Ki and still loving it!Special Features:
- One of my favorite places to eatReviewsDined on 5/9/2014The food is excellent and the ambience is very nice - service is very good as well. It can be pricy, so we go for a special occasion when we are visiting Toronto.Special Features:
- Perfectgo2placeDined on 5/8/2014Perfect place for my daughter and I to meet and "catch up". Quiet booth, excellent meal, and seamless service with a minimum of interruptions.Special Features:
- Great Sushi!SemiSalesDined on 4/29/2014The fish was amazing! Service was excellent. Highly recommend to those who love sushi and sashimi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2014Had a wonderful meal (as usual). Staff were friendly and knowlegable.Special Features:
- Superb!!!BobandCoVIPDined on 4/24/2014I was recognized by the Hostess!! The Waiter (Sabi) was totally focused on us and the food that we enjoy. The food was fantastic. This is Toronto's best restaurant!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencelovelifeDined on 4/23/2014Spacious restaurant, super delicious food, wonderful services and the waiter is so confident to suggest food and wine when asked. Nice touching surprise when the management team brought a birthday card and chocolate to my friends thanking him to share part of his special moment with them.Special Features:
- KIOsszbossDined on 4/9/2014Service was very slow food tasted very good portions were small Waiter was great Seating arrangement not the bestSpecial Features:
- Good find!luvsushiDined on 4/7/2014Ki was recommended to us by a friend. We were not one bit disappointed with the food, service and ambience. It's definitely worth going and I would have no hesitation returning. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great night of food, wineSassyDined on 4/7/2014Great night of food, wine and gabbing. We were going to a concert and they respected our time lines. We had 2 additional people join us for drinks and the staff accommodated us immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceMondayDinerDined on 4/7/2014Service at Ki was wonderful - from the moment I arrived at the reception desk to the surprise chocolate treats the hostess brought my guest for her birthday when she must have overheard me wishing her a happy birthday - neither of us asked for it. The food however was just so so. I expected more for the popularity of the place (it was hopping for a Monday night), the suits in there, and the higher prices - not your regular prices for sushi. And for a place that costs over $100 for two (no alcohol), I was surprised to be eating with wooden chopsticks that were not presented in the paper sleeve, but I'm sure came out of them.Special Features:
- 5 stars all the way!ChameauDined on 4/4/2014Great service, great ambiance, unique sushis and wine list. What more can you ask for? Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very mediocre sushi for the pricetjmachadoVIPDined on 4/1/2014Business lunch, ordered the raw platter from the lunch menu - very mediocre. Not sure how they justify their prices.
- Superb service and foodMaggieDined on 3/29/2014The staff are extremely friendly and very efficient. Quite honestly I have not been a restaurant in a long time where I felt totally pampered - I cannot say enough good things about the service. The food was excellet and the presentation only added to the experience. The food arrived at a leisurely pace, we never felt hurried nor did we feel impatient waiting for the next dish to arrive. The restaurant's ambience was totally relaxing and peaceful; a truly enjoyable mea. Our daughter and her husband who recommended the restaurant have enjoy a few meals there and we shall return at the first possible opportunitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was incredible. SushifunkDined on 3/29/2014Dinner was incredible. Sushi seemed fresh and tasty, and the forced appetizer was a treat. The service was impeccable from the management down. Would definitely come back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced vs. qualitykrookrDined on 3/28/2014I had the tempura shrimp and vegetables as well as some maki roles. The tempura was excellent, especially the shrimp. However the Maki roles were just average but cost about 2.5x average. It was disappointing.
- Amazing experienceEteriDined on 3/27/2014This restaurant will amaze you with their careful selection of amazing menu, great wine list and positive atmosphere. Overall a very pleasant place to have a nice , romantic dinner. Every time I leave the place wondering when can I come back.Special Features:
- Out with Good FriendsThreeGirlsonLunchDined on 3/26/2014We just wanted to have a nice quiet lunch where we could actually hear each other speaking and Ki is absolutely that. The food was beautifully presented, filling and delicious. It was worth spending a little bit more - the service was wonderful - absolutely loved the people - we were greeted at the door with a friendly smile, our server was always there when we needed him and I really liked that he made sure to tell me about the dish I chose. Overall it was an exceptional experience and I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!BendieDined on 3/25/2014I've visited KI several times -- and enjoy it every time. The only downside this time was that it was the night of a hockey game -- and the place was buzzing with pre-game patrons. We were fortunate to have a private room, but it was still quite noisy. Other than that, excellent food and the staff bent over backwards to ensure we had a wonderful dining experience! I highly recommend it -- and will return again (hopefully) soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerk2moriarDined on 3/22/2014The staff was amazing, each and everyone of them. They made my 14 year old daughters birthday dinner very special, we had our own room that was perfect for 4 14years olds to chat and take pics. The staff was also great taking care of a dairy allergy we had in our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food....great serviceFoodie123Dined on 3/6/2014Great choice in the financial core. Lots of good things on the menu. We had salad, rolls and shashimi. Everything was fresh and beautifully presented. Service was friendly and attentive. We sat in a room somewhat removed from the bar, which was a good thing....the bar was hopping, but the noise level would have made dinner conversation difficult if you sat too close to the bar scene.Special Features:
- Ki always has fantastic dishesChrisPDined on 3/1/2014Ki always has fantastic dishes (the tempura shrimp appetizer with wasabi cream sauce) is Spectacular. Great place for small to medium size gatherings- although one larger (20 person) group did have a special preparation and sampling demonstration that I wish I crashed.Special Features:
- Food - top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Great atmosphere, and the food was fantastic. Service was challenged, although a very attentive crew, I think the server got caught with a kitchen that got backed up. We had a great start, then we missed about 15 minutes between courses, which then put us in a time crunch for the concert. Interesting, they asked if we were going, but it didn't seem to have been a benefit to the service timing. Still very nice spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre FareccorlitoDined on 2/15/2014I was underwhelmed...many of the dishes lacked the flavour they advertised on paper. The sashimi/sushi quality, however, was excellent, as well as the service. Will I return? Not of my own accord.Special Features:
- We had a 6:45 reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We had a 6:45 reservation at KI. We were seated to the far corner of the restaurant - away from the central point (people watching area) – because we had a six yr old in tow possibly?? Chris the waiter was great, however, the food was just average. I ordered sashimi and sushi rolls, tempura battered shrimp, sweet potato wedges and chicken drummets for my daughter. The drinks were overpriced and not great. The meal was average - not at all worth the $130 we spent + 20% tip. I remember Ki to be a gathering place for after work dinner drinks during the week. I'll keep it to that in future.Special Features:
- Amazing dining and foodRayjayDined on 2/14/2014Service was amazing, waiters were very attentive and knowledgable of the menu. All staff was on top of the customers that were in the restaurant and food was amazing. Can't go wrong with any of the sushi selections. Would recommend this to all people for one of the best Japanese restaurants in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ki never disappointsValentinesDinnerDined on 2/14/2014We've come to Ki many times and this time decided to be daring and got mostly items we had never tried. There was nothing we didn't thoroughly enjoy. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great imaginative food, somekeentorideVIPDined on 2/12/2014Great imaginative food, some rolls outstanding, some merely good . Great sake list if you are into that. Cool, vibrant surroundings with most clientele in suits. Music a bit loud for quiet intimate conversation but there are lots of quiet rooms. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experiencelovefoodDined on 2/12/2014I used to frequent Ki fairly regularly, but it had been awhile, so I was looking for a reason to go back. Went for dinner with a friend and it was just as delicious as I remembered. The service was excellent and our waiter was fabulous (which is hard to find these days, in my opinion). Will definitely be going back soon and look forward to the warm weather so we can enjoy the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, subpar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2014Food is pompous and poorly executed. Service is decent.
- Karen Bailey's Birthday Dinner - KIKarenDined on 2/8/2014I booked this venue for my birthday with 12 people in total. I had been there before for lunch, but not dinner. Everyone in my party raved about the food, the place and the overall experience. I was very pleased and we will be back again ! Thank You.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!!LovefoodtoomuchDined on 2/8/2014Amazing food and the service was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice quiet dinner downtown. It's not your average Japanese food restaurant , well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.