20 Ericsson Street
Boston, MA 02122Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.veneziaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174363120x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Palumbo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Featuring entertainment in our lounge every Friday and Saturday
A word from Venezia Restaurant
Venezia tucked away from city life, and tucked into the memory of every guest we’ve had the pleasure of welcoming to our waterfront restaurant and ballroom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Venezia Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Neponset Circle ›
Venezia Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (67)special occasion (48)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (33)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (21)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Top qualityDotdinersDined on 1/20/2014Our group of 9 women was very pleased as always with the food, Victor's gracious service and the setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/16/2014From easy reservations, great parking, excellent service and great food; this is truly a masterpiece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Ceefra9876Dined on 1/4/2014Food was wonderful, we all ordered an array of things and everyone was very pleased. Our waitress was friendly and attentive but not overbearing (even as we stayed long after dessert). Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To a Happy New YearSteveDined on 12/31/2013Had a reservation for a large party on New Years Eve. The server was outstanding, the limited menu was excellent with good variety, and our late night dinner was surprisingly relaxed and un-rushed. I expected there to be a sense of urgency about the staff to turn the table over because of how busy they were and that there were very limited reservations remaining when I made mine, but this was not the case, they saw to it that we enjoyed out appetizers, meals and dessert with the highest level of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BUTBevnelDined on 12/31/2013I have dined at this restaurant many times. It is a great location- water view and free parking. A good option to downtown Boston spots. Since it was New Years Eve there was a special menu that was a bit limited in offerings. Also the pasta that accompanied my veal chop was crunchy and not prepared as I expected. Noise level is fine when dining with 4 or less. With large groups on a busy night it is difficult to converse due to the ecoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience75785548Dined on 12/20/2013We felt management should have asked the large party of men to keep their loud yelling and laughing to minimum, it was not fair to the other diners, I do not care that they have been coming there 20 years. It made us very uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Atmpsphere-Terrible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2013Very disappointing! The venue was beautiful, however, my swordfish and lobster special was drowning in a white sauce and had no flavor. I think the lobster may have been frozen as it was very wet. One of my guests had the pan fried pasta with her entrée, which was so hard she couldn't cut it. When she asked the waiter about it he said, "it says right on the menu that it is pan fried" He was sarcastic, ended up bringing over fresh pasta, but pan fried should be cutable not like a brick. Interestingly, when we told friends that we were going they said it has always been beautiful but the food is terrible. They haven't been in 3 years!, so the same chefs are there If they get new chefs we may try againSpecial Features:
- Food was outstandingDOGLDined on 12/7/2013My husband and I ordered the special. Scallops and shrimp in a vodka sauce over pappardelle pasta. So good, should be added to the permanent menu. The other 3 couples enjoyed their dinners as well. Can be a little pricey and my husband was by the window and thought it was very cold.Special Features:
- well timed service, food so sosew100Dined on 12/4/2013We enjoyed the service and the waterfront view, but disappointed on the food. The onion soup was salty, scallop didn't taste good, doesn't worth for $27, mussles were not good too. Steaks were better. I missed their years ago old menu, esp the lamb rack and tiramisu.Special Features:
- Lovely night with daughterdimikagiVIPDined on 11/22/2013My daughter ordered a special which was meat stuffed Raviolis. The were ENORMOUS. I did find them a tad under seasoned but it was not enough to make me complain about them. I ordered a FABULOUS special. It was some yummy crab meat atop a white fish atop a spinach risotto. OH MYYYYY! I practically licked the plate clean. Perfectly seasoned and DELICIOUS! A very generous portion as well. My Cannoli for dessert was excellent and my daughter had a very pretty chocolate layered cake that she devoured! Our server was excellent, very attentive (not overly so) and courteous. The ambiance was lovely. It did not feel stuffy - felt comfortable in my jeans and blouse. I would definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- overpricedbostonDined on 11/20/2013Food and drinks were overpriced for what we got. We were sat near a table that was already dining with a woman that was extremely loud and annoyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchpickeyeaterDined on 11/15/2013I've been to the Venezia many times. Never had a disappointing experience. The food is always very good although this time I ordered a salad ($9) and added shrimp $(14). The shrimp was a little disappointing-only 3 of them, medium size and not very succulent. The black fig dressing was excellent. The white wine, from their own Boston Winery, was excellent. Went to the lounge after diner to enjoy the Tom Pitman Duo. So glad he is back. I like the recent renovations and was happy to see 'mature' people out. There are many places around for the 25-35 age bracket but very few for the over 45.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, attentivebravogoodfoodDined on 11/14/2013delicious food, attentive service, beautiful view of Boston, a real keeper, where have i been all these years!Special Features:
- Very good choiceDGK1228Dined on 11/10/2013We have now been to Venizia several times and have not been disappointed. The food is very good, the service is excellent, and the view of Boston is terrific. A very convenient choice when coming from just south of Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2013As usual the food is GREAT.....the Service is EXCELLANT......and the view is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the relaxed feelJoanDined on 11/6/2013We enjoyed the relaxed feel of this place. We will return to try more dishes. From the salads to the entries , especially the lamb chops were wonderful and of course the desserts were fabulous! Other dishes enjoyed at the table were the lobster and chicken dishes were all awesome. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big, loud and impersonalPalmer45Dined on 11/2/2013If you like the combination of loud restaurants and indifferent waiters, Venezia's the place to go. Our table of six could not hear each other speak without yelling and our ears rang well after leaving. The Boston sole and a chicken dish, and cioppini were good. The evening special of a scallop and shrimp dish contained zero shrimp. The restaurant has a good location which attracts diners who fall prey to a churn and burn table turnover at Logan level decibels. On the upside, Venezia has a great bar area where dining is possible and the noise level mitigated with better architecture.Special Features:
- Very good food, service,andDGK1228Dined on 10/24/2013Very good food, service,and view. A nice experience for a group of 6 out for a get together.Special Features:
- GreatHappycamperDined on 10/16/2013Great staff, great food and great view, highly recommended.Special Features:
- splendorlovetoeatoutDined on 10/4/2013The service and the food compete for the best ratings. Our server was attentive and readily available without "hovering". Most of us had a steak/shrimp special which was enough food for the largest of appetites. One of us had a fish dish which was light but yet also generous in portion. Quite often when portions are generous, the quality of the food is sacrificed but this is not at all the case here. I have been going to this restaurant for better than a decade, about once a year and have never been disappointed. If one is fortunate to have a front window seat then the ambiance rating goes up another star for an over all couldn't get much better rating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed with VeneziaDanielsmom1Dined on 10/1/2013We go to Venezia for special occaions. We had a large group this time and our waiter was very informative and attentive. Everyone was delighted with their meal. Soup to nuts, we were pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedOkie1211Dined on 9/29/2013The food was just awful!! It was loud and the waiter could Harding speak or understand English, although he was very nice!! We were there to celebrate our friends getting married on 10/5. I specified that on my reservation and no one asked me how we wanted to celebrate or toast the occasion. Waited 20 minutes for drinks!!!
- Outstanding view of Boston.hm456Dined on 9/26/2013Outstanding view of Boston. The food and service was great. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BirthdayElizabethDined on 9/18/2013We came here for a Birthday Celebration. Reservations were made. Upon arrival, we did have to wait about ten minutes for a table to be set up. It was worth the wait when they seated us at the window with a beautiful view if the water. The main entree was delicious. We ordered the creme brûlée, and was a bit disappointed that the topping was not hard. The staff was great. We would recommend to anyone looking for great ambience and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBobMDined on 9/12/2013Close to everything and what a gem! Clever preparation and presentation. The blackened swordfish and spinach salad was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv luv luv luv this restaurant.AnieDined on 9/10/2013Luv luv luv luv this restaurant. Would love To go there weekly.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2013Took my family, 9 of us after being told by a friend that it had been done over and the food and service was very good. It was all he said t was ,we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbiencejanpatchDined on 9/7/2013I had family in from New York City and wanted to bring to a special restaurant. They positively loved it. When they first arrived and saw the view of Boston it was all ooo's and ahh"s. They were thrilled our table was right by the window and one of the guests said this is the most peaceful and wonderful place I have been in a long time. After dinner we enjoyed the great band and danced a good time was had by all. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food wonderful ambienceatopeDined on 9/6/2013good food wonderful ambience great service and fantastic ocean view of BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a showWinchDined on 9/3/2013Stopped at Venezia on the way to see a show in Boston for my in-laws anniversary. Easy on and off the expressway. Food and ambiance were fantastic. Had not been in a while but I will return soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2013Great food. Great atmosphere. ..love this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurant in avra5funDined on 8/31/2013beautiful restaurant in a hidden spot in Dorchester. Right on the water! Food was excellent, as was service. Perfect to celebrate a special occasion or get together with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchKML1Dined on 8/29/2013My husband went to lunch during the first Week of Restaurant Week and was so impressed he suggested we return the following week. The service was very professional, unfortunately it foggy so no view of Boston. He had the crab cake which I sampled and it was very good. I had the lobster roll and was disappointed - to much mayo - but the roll was perfectly done. We had lunch at Abbey Park the previous week and this was so much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter Victor was wonderful.WorkersDined on 8/28/2013Our waiter Victor was wonderful. Very patient with our undeciders. The restaurant decor is beautiful. Fantastic food, so many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not highly recommendedeleganceloverDined on 8/25/2013The food here was nothing special. I thought of it as more of mass-production banquet food, not something elegant that has any sort of special touch. I went here for dinner during restaurant week and the experience fell quite below my expectations. There are a lot of better places in greater Boston area. The atmosphere was nicely quiet though, but it was strange to see a lot of elderly people there only. The view of the water was quite scenic, but not overly spectacular. Over all, would I come back to this restaurant? It would be a No.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience! TheLinaDined on 8/23/2013Wonderful experience! The food was cooked to perfection. Our server was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu. Would highly recommend Venezia's.Special Features:
- Loved the new decor!! Food,KittyDined on 8/23/2013Loved the new decor!! Food, Staff (waiter Luis) was all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our family generally likesPriceChopperVIPDined on 8/22/2013Our family generally likes Venezia. One issue today; I made a simple request, please add one scoop of vanilla to a dessert. Standardly known as a la mode. Instead, I got an entirely additional dessert of vanilla ice cream. Its not the cost that bothered me, its the principle of it: I did not want an extra dessert, just asked for a scoop that apparently Venezia, the waiter, or both, did not want to accommodate me. I should have sent it back. Had I known the end result, I would've skipped dessert.
- Just RighthungryinnorwoodDined on 8/16/2013We had never been to the Venezia before but had heard wonderful things. We were entertaining out of town guests who were staying in Quincy. It was so nice to have a restaurant that was outside of Boston that had an upscale feel. The food and service was great, not too fussy, but very tasty. The waitstaff also had a good sense of when to approach, unlike the new style in town of pulling the plates away just as you are finishing your last bite. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and foodWilliamsuDined on 8/4/2013My husband and I were there our anniversary. It was a very appropriate place for it. We loved the waterfront scene. And the food was excellent. Will go again. Loved it!!!Special Features: