20 Ericsson Street
Boston, MA 02122Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.veneziaboston.com/
- Phone: 6174363120x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter Palumbo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Featuring entertainment in our lounge every Friday and Saturday
A word from Venezia Restaurant
Venezia tucked away from city life, and tucked into the memory of every guest we’ve had the pleasure of welcoming to our waterfront restaurant and ballroom.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Venezia Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Neponset Circle ›
Venezia Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (70)special occasion (51)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (33)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- reunionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/27/2014Five of us met for dinner. The food was awesome the wait staff were attentive but not intrusive we were there talking for almost 4 hours. The view was lovely and the prices were. Very reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 302 reviews are from the Venezia Restaurant reviews archive.
- SplendidTheninethoneDined on 5/18/2014What a great experience. We had reservations for 10 people. Our server was very well qualified to work in this busy environment. We had appetizers and drinks a generous basket of fresh bread was replenished without having to ask. Glasses of water were always topped off. The food was perfect, desert delightful. I would recommend booking reservations early if you have a large party. Overall the staff was very professional and courteous.Special Features:
- graduation dinnersheilawDined on 5/17/2014We were greeted and seated on time, our server was great, the food was great and to everyone liking. overall we had a great time and plan to go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not retrunOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Poor service, did not take us on time, push together two tables to seat us, waited 70 minutes to get food
- great restaurant!MissMaryDined on 5/9/2014We had an awesome experience recently at Venezias. I made the reservation online about one week prior to visiting. The food was delicious, the service was phenomenal and the view was spectacular!! This was the first time we have eaten at Venezias and it definately won't be the last !!! It was a special occasion and there were 8 in our group. My husband thought it was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large partyTlaloDined on 5/9/2014Great service. The staff accommodated my large party with ease and helped with the cake we brought. Appetizers were delicious and the view beautiful. Wasn't overly impressed with the salmon I ordered, I think it was overdone as was other meals ordered at my table. I'll be back to try again with a different menu item. Overall great service, beautiful view and the food wasn't bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 5/6/2014Party of seven, and all seven had great meals. Food was outstanding and the entire party left saying they had forgotten how good Venezia was in the past. Being hidden away like it is sometimes can make you forget what a worthwhile trip it can be. Views are as good as any waterfront restaurant in Downtown Boston without the traffic to get there. The Chicken Pizzola with the seared Angle Hair pasta was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoydining2Dined on 5/5/2014As always the food was excellent. The service was very efficient and very attentive to all seven of our party. Of course the view was perfect and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best restaurant in BostonLiz34Dined on 5/4/2014I visited the Venezia in the Boston location. It was absolutely magnificent. The dining area was great and the staff there. My whole table ordered the 2 pounds lobsters it was really taste. I can't wait to go back. My friends and I can't stop talking about the view. Every penny we spent was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, great viewsBillCambridgeVIPDined on 5/4/2014Venezia recently updated the interior and it now looks fabulous. The decor matches the excellent Italian food. The veal parm is excellent, and a good value at $23. Desserts are huge so maybe best to share, especially since the entree portions are quite large. Plenty of free parking too, so it's worth the 15 minute drive from Boston to Venezia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We celebrated my father's 83rd birthday here. Almost every table on our side of the room was doing the same. There is a beautiful ocean view, very good service and something on the menu for everyone.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/30/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants - it has it all. Ambiance, food, beautiful bar & a wonderful setting right on the water. We went on a rainy night & it was still beautiful.Special Features:
- Very surprised and happytheclutchDined on 4/23/2014Some friends of mine and I like to dine out during the week every so often. Due to traffic limitations and scheduling, we ended up choosing to eat here. I was a bit skeptical since, "what good restaurant advertises on billboards along Route 93?" It turns out, a very good one. I can see why they had to do it since the location is somewhat out of the way. Aside from boats docked, there wouldn't be much road traffic to advertise this place. We had the crab cakes, short rib and salmon. The short rib's sauce was probably a little on the rich side, but I tend to like it that way. All three were well above our expectations from a taste and presentation perspective. The serving size were perfect. We will be going back with our wives...Special Features:
- Celebration DinnerFjeffersDined on 4/21/2014Hi, I have not been to dinner there in many years. Used to go all the time for Anniversary Dinners, family celebrations etc. the service was fantastic. When we went the other night. The service was just fair. Had to always track the waiter down to get his attention. He was very business like. The service was disappointing. It's too bad because its such a beautiful place.Special Features:
- Excellent.jogoferDined on 4/20/2014Excellent service at all. Nice, friendly people who greet guests at entrance and towards the entire stay at the Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picturesque VeneziaLpastDined on 4/13/2014We had an early dinner on Sunday. The food was outstanding. The view was great! We would return anytime. It was wonderful!Special Features:
- Go for the ViewSLLFVIPDined on 3/30/2014Unfortunately, poor service coupled with average food = overall negative dining experience. Additionally, because our waiter knew we were unhappy, he wrote the 18% tip onto the bill which was insulting. Unfortunately for him, he made less as we would have left 20% as that is our min. for poor to aver. service. The menu is unimaginative, as is the wine list, and the service is less than attentive.Special Features:
- the food is outstanding............noghtoutDined on 3/29/2014the food is outstanding............................the noise was tooooooooooooooo much. even the waitress could not ear us. talking with the company was impossibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menuJaneDined on 3/26/2014Our group has been to Venezia in the past during restaurant week. This year we were disappointed that we were only offered a two-course lunch. In the past, Venezia offered a three-course lunch which included dessert. We were given a separate dessert menu, but found it to be quite pricey. The food, however, was very good as in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriseLattyDined on 3/25/2014Always good to smell the roses for self. If I had paid attention to previous reviews, I would have missed a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2014We had a lovely lunch right on Boston Harbor. Could not have been better. Great atmosphere/scenery.Special Features:
- Great place to meet friendsbobarDined on 3/25/2014Venezia is the perfect place to meet friends and catch up. The food is very good, the views are fabulous and the location is a perfect meeting place with plenty of parking.Special Features:
- Dine out BostonwiilyDined on 3/17/2014Went for lunch during Dine Out Week--not too crowded (holiday) Great service/food/service. Good menu choices. Would help if they had supplied Dine Out Menu online before-hand.Special Features:
- Very scenic at nightTedBuDined on 3/16/2014Service attentive . Tables well spaced Food good but lacking the special touch. Ample parking and great views of Boston skyline . Good local for quite dinning if no function is taking placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterview Diningnaples59Dined on 3/16/2014Hadn't been in years and decided to celebrate 2 family birthdays. Fresh look and still amazing views. We tried so many different dishes and all were spectacular. Large portions, hot food, some worth taking pictures of. Gorgeous presentation. Only one drawback was not very friendly server. Curt and almost rude. Didn't take away from the great day!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/10/2014Convenient to UMass Boston, we often choose Venezia for special occasions. Beautiful water view. Food and service always reliable. This time I asked for eggplant parmigiana which was not on the menu. They did not hesitate to prepare it for me and it was delicious! Of course their bread basket is wonderful too!Special Features:
- yumrereDined on 3/9/2014never had a more delicious filet of sole dinner.....wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All our meals were great butJimmyDined on 3/9/2014All our meals were great but the short ribs were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was awesome,the staff iskieyaDined on 3/8/2014It was awesome,the staff is amamzing very warm and extermly attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for entertaining someoneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/6/2014Great for entertaining someone who does not live near the ocean!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birth Day Gift.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014My family and I enjoyed our dinner and time spent while eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant. Lunch spotGeorgeDined on 3/3/2014Only minutes away from Boston Venenzia is a waterfront gem. Lovely dining room, professional service And excellent food at reasonable prices. Venenzia hits all the bases for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall satisfiedroxyDined on 3/1/2014Food was ok to good. The wait for food and beverage was too long. Restaurant was clean, great view, wait staff were pleasant and respectful.Special Features:
- Venezia Restaurant, Dorchester, MALookingForBetterPricesDined on 2/24/2014The Venezia Restaurant is a long time gem in Dorchester, MA. While the entrees are pricey, the portions are good sized, The shrimp scampi appetizer is among the best my wife and I have ever had. The water view and view of the City of Boston skyline at night is excellent and adds great ambiance. I had the veal picata and my wife had the veal marsala and daughter the chicken parmagiana. I highly recommend all 3. The bread served was outstanding, some focacia bread and some regular italian bread. We had no room for coffee or dessert, sadly. Overall the food is excellent. The service was good and solid and quick - however not very personable but I will chalk that up to it being a slow Monday night during the February - very LONG WINTER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDaviosadudVIPDined on 2/22/2014This place never disappoints. Food is fresh, service is always decent. Stay with the reasonably prices items on the menus Specials are great but very pricey compared to the main menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightMikeDined on 2/14/2014I took my girlfriend here for Valentine's day and everything was phenomenal. The waitress was very friendly and did not rush us at all. After dinner we went to the bar and had just as good of an experience with the barstaff. The food was delicious and I highly recommend their molten chocolate cake with homemade cinnamon ice cream for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Venezia's ValentineCaeseQueenDined on 2/14/2014ValentinesDay Special menu (I was looking forward to this pasta I had during my first visit) but the food options were still very good. I got the sirloin-fiance got the surf and turf. I enjoyed my dish. My fiance was not a fan of the crab cake-like side that came with his dish. He claimed it tasted like old seafood but I told him it was a spice that had a very distinct and overbearing flavor. I had their special cocktail and didn't like it because it was too sweet. I'm not a fan of sweet drinks but thought I would try given the description. It just tasted like syrup and medicine. All and all though I loved my experience. Perfect setup and backdrop for a romantic valentines day dinner. Go on a reg night for a full menu with great options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed :(FeelingJippedDined on 2/14/2014First time dining at Venezia this past Valentine's Day. Chose this spot based on its view of the Boston skyline, its website pics and descriptions, as well as a few good reviews. The online menu showed a few items I was interested in as well. My first hint that something might be amok was a different menu than I saw online. The waiter explained that it was the Valentine's Day specials, hmmm.... OK, so my fiance' ordered a chicken dish along with a salad. I ordered a New York sirloin - medium (pink in the middle). What I got was a tasteless steak with a flavorless sauce (for $32). I should have told the waiter to take it back, but I didn't want to make a scene. I will not risk coming here again. Poor first impression.Special Features:
- Although we were there inLouiseDined on 2/3/2014Although we were there in the winter, the location on the water was very nice. Our waiter was very attentive and the food was excellent. Can't believe I have not eaten there before. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On Tuesday afternoon we hadLucky7VIPDined on 1/28/2014On Tuesday afternoon we had the dining room all to ourselves for most of our meal. We enjoyed the undivided attention of our waiter and an exceptionally good meal. It was a birthday celebration and we appreciate that our waiter served the cake that we brought with us. Venezia never disappoints us. Our latest visit was one of many wonderful dining experiences there!Special Features: