1900 Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
PolynesianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.buenavistapalace.com/services_and_activities/dining.cfm
- Phone: 407-827-3430
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday -Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm / Friday and Saturday 5:30pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Polynesian
- Executive Chef: Ruben Agusto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Regina Cayaban 407-827-3414
A word from Avu-Avu
Enjoy a spectacular meal featuring Island inspired cuisine in Avu-Avu. Watch as our Chefs prepare our signature skewers of savory beef, chicken and shrimp alongside flavorful dishes of the Islands. Delight your senses with our innovative cocktails,and cap of the night with our signature Caramelized Pineapple Coconut Milk Cake. Transport yourself to the Island lifestyle with an unforgettable dinner in Avu-Avu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avu-Avu reviews from OpenTable diners
- We had a very nice time.CltgirlDined on 1/31/2013We had a very nice time. It's a price fixed meal where they bring you all the choices and you can request more. I especially loved the shrimp. My husband enjoyed the steak, but mine was tough. Wine list is a little pricey, and the service was maybe a little too quick. It would have been nicer to space things out more, especially at the beginning.Special Features:
- the wait staff was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012the wait staff was very good with the 4 children in out group. The meat was so so.Special Features:
- I booked this thinking itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/4/2012I booked this thinking it was "the Outback SteakHouse". As in the national chain. It was not and cost twice as much. Open Table should make that clear.
- Entrees were overcooked.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2012Entrees were overcooked. Windows needed a good cleaning. Hostess lacked personality.Special Features:
- excessive feesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012Used a restaurant cup on which had a 20% service charge added to the bill. Upon arrival home I found that they added the 20& service charge and added a additional 20% gratuity to the bill. Hope this was a error and they do not expect a 40% fee for coupon use.
- Kevin HallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2012Went for my birthday. Server and service was great. Filet was great. Brought the kids, 4 and 6. They enjoyed their kids meal. I record the kid chicken soup.Special Features:
- The service was excellent!TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012The service was excellent!The pompano was prepared to perfection!The prime rib was good.The delmonico was not cooked after two attempts to our taste.Special Features:
- Really good food. DeliciousBeautyDined on 5/25/2012Really good food. Delicious I would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Food was too pricey for qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2012Food was too pricey for quality and quantity. Lighting was very dark and you could not see your food. Charged a gratuity for "5 people" which seemed unusal. Dining room was very cold and we could not enjoy the food for wanting to get out and warm up. Overall expereince was not good at all and I would certanly not go back!
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012excellent service and food for sure coming back and recomment to friends 200% satisfactionSpecial Features:
- This has been at least myKarenBelleDined on 5/2/2012This has been at least my fifth or sixth time to this establishment....I was a bit disappointed in the fact that it wasn't as "special" an experience as I remembered. I always considered this restaurant to be more of a "special occasion" place and found it to be much more casual. A little disappointed in the change of menu also.Special Features:
- So Sad How Bad You've BecomeGjb6774VIPDined on 4/25/2012I've eaten here 25+ times over 30 years, back to when the menu was on a boomerang & 5 stars was too little. It is one place I made sure I hit when in the area. Like so many times, I went again this past week & brought another couple, telling them what a great place. Despite reading bad reviews on Trip Advisor & here, I just couldn't (or didn't want to) believe these were talking about the same place. I was wrong - they were absolutely accurate. The wait service was exactly that - a LONG wait. When we did finally flag a waiter & ordered, apps & salads came at the same time, quickly followed by too oily salmon & thin, fatty steaks. All at a fairly high price. Very sad to say that after 30 years, I won't be going back. So very sad!
- Near, but oh, so far!BangtherocksDined on 4/13/2012This restaurant was amazing years ago, but it's slid with time: now is merely a convenient place to grab dinner if you stay in the hotel. The menu used to be creative; it's now a bit tired. While the beef is good quality, it's merely cooked; nothing imaginative. Creative items (gator bits, for instance) were dropped in the past year. The wine list has some solid choices, you could do as well at Publix. However, wine prices are realistic, and you can get a good bottle. Simply isn't a great restaurant; it's a place to snag a meal. Servers appear overwhelmed when the room is half full; any imagination has been stripped from the menu; cutting back accompaniments is a poor choice (no starch with an entree, all ala carte. Not worth the effort.
- 50th Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Good food and service. A little expensive in comparison to other local restaurants but similar for Steaks etc around the area. Would recommend the Onion soup and the Steaks. Dining area has 'mood lighting' which is on the Romantic side. Would go again.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Very dissapointing compared to previous visits...steak sent back..dry..delmonico steak fatty...chicken dry..they deleted rack of lamb from menu..did away with alligator shaped butter...service was very impersonal
- Very impressed with the children'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/28/2012Very impressed with the children's menu and overall food quality.Special Features:
- I took my Fiancee here forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012I took my Fiancee here for his birthday for his first time. When I made the reservation I told the hostess we would be celebrating his birhtday and she said the Server would do something special. Everything was great as far as the ambiance and the food, however our server was ok. We barely saw him, he didn't even come back to see if our steaks were cooked properly. He was not personable at all, all he did was take our order and drop off the check. The hostess and the busser said happy birthday but our server didn't even acknoweledge it was my fiancee's birthday.Special Features:
- This restaurant is certainlyJandJDined on 3/9/2012This restaurant is certainly not as good as it used to be and we will not be visiting again
- The salmon was very greasy,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012The salmon was very greasy, and I was offered a nearly empty condiment bowl of sour cream for my baked potato (with a spoon that clearly needed to be washed)....the condiment bowl is shared among other patrons. The service was very poor. I had to wait 45 min to be seated, despite having a reservation. The service was also very slow.Special Features:
- I have been visiting the OutbackOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012I have been visiting the Outback Restaurant for more than 20 years, when I visit Disney. I have been drawn back by the excellent service and the diverse menu. I had been looking forward to my recent visit but when I returned I was very disappointed. On the menu were only 4 seafood dishes, one of which the waiter informed me, matter of factly, was sold out. We were left with 2 fish choices and the spiny lobster. Coming from New England I had been looking forward to a "real" lobster, which had always been on the menu. No shrimp, no scallops. If I had been looking for steak, I would have been in heaven. Despite the poor waiter, the manager was helpful and looked to see if anything else was available. Bring back the old menu.
- Good, not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2012Last year my wife and I ate here, for the first time, to celebrate our 42nd anniversary. Everything was great about that experience, so we returned this year. We weren't disappointed, but it wasn't nearly as special as last year's experience. First, the poor waiter was handling too many tables, so he was always rushing about. He made a mistake on our bill, which I'm sure was contributed to by his frantic pace. Second, my wife had the prime rib. It was a generous cut, and tender, but it was bland. Now the good. My salmon was wonderful, my dessert, the key lime mousse, was terrific, and my wife's bananas foster cake (pie?) was delicious. The atmosphere is very nice, and the room quiet enough to have a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- My shrimp taco appetizer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2012My shrimp taco appetizer was excellent and my wife's short ribs were great, however, my main course order of baby back ribs came out too early, well before the other entrees of my table were ready. They took it away and then returned it later with all the other entrees--it was cold at that time.Special Features:
- wonderful service--with allOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/15/2012wonderful service--with all the proper steps--attentive service--and everything came out perfect--Special Features:
- Its appearance is deceiving.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Its appearance is deceiving. Looks good but food and service were terrible.. Beware!!!
- Nice dinner out.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012We had fish and steaks, all were very good. Service was just OK.Special Features:
- Very good food although aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012Very good food although a bit pricey. I was surprised there wasn't any bread or rolls served.Special Features:
- We decided to dine the nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2012We decided to dine the night before taking our clients and had a horrible experience. The waiter decided to take a break just after he served the meal. The food was not so good and we were left for an hour waiting on the check. Couldn't order dessert, asked 2 other waiters and they would not take our dessert order and couldn't find our waiter for our check. Poor service and poor food. Would never dine here again! Also was not made aware of gratuity already had been added to the check. Very disappointed.
- Food was okay. I didn't doOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/27/2012Food was okay. I didn't do my research and was actually expecting the chain restaurant. I was surprised when we got there. The restaurant would have been a reasonable value and half the price, but I actually like the chain restaurant better.Special Features:
- Very Expensive, So-So ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011We chose this restaurant for our family Christmas dinner during our stay. My husband had the Prime Rib and I had, I believe it was called,Delmonico Steak. They were both decent, though we've had better. The kid's menu was not very good,(mac and cheese, chicken fingers, popcorn shrimp... could have gone to Denny's for the same thing) and our children were really disappointed. It was also way overpriced for what you got. It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't eat there again.
- reservation not honored, madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2011reservation not honored, made to wait half hour for table, service slow, vegetables cold
- Although both of our entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2011Although both of our entrees were very overcooked, the didn't offer any compensation--even a free coffee or dessert.
- Not a fanOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Our service here was not very good. We barely saw our server, but the other servers were very helpful and on top of things when I asked. I found the food to be overpriced for what it was and not anything special. One member of our party had the prime rib and I'm pretty sure it sat on the counter ready to be delivered for a good ten minutes before I asked about it and someone brought it to us. I simply think it's not worth the money.Special Features:
- Diced not eat there couldfoxhvacDined on 12/24/2011Diced not eat there could find the place and I was looking for outback steak house not the outback
- We enjoyed our meal at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011We enjoyed our meal at The Outback very much. Lovely Australian-themed formal restaurant with an upscale feeling and service. We both had the Chef's Special Combo with Steak and found it to be quite delicious.Special Features:
- Not impressed at all, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2011Not impressed at all, very dissapointed. Did not like my food (Mahi-Mahi) it was a really bad piece of fish...badly cooked. Our server was unhappy. Would never go there.
- Food was good, but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/25/2011Food was good, but the service was terrible and very slow even though the restaurant seemed to have less than 1/2 of the tables filled.
- Darker ambiance than normal,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2011Darker ambiance than normal, hostess very friendly, waiter was patient with our kiddos, and the food quality was good. Was nervous about taking our kids but it turned out great. There were not many folks there.
- Their 3 course and 4 courseMelB1384VIPDined on 11/11/2011Their 3 course and 4 course menu options are good for the price but as a la carte items, will get expensive. It took 15min to be sat although we had reservations ad took one hour for us to receive our food.
- A must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2011Love the atmosphere , candle lite dinner was cozy just like home in dining room. The steak was suburb. The service was great .Special Features:
- The Ribeye was terrific. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011The Ribeye was terrific. I would caution against the seafood. Mahi Mahi was dry, no sauce. Really that entire seafood plate was bland, dry, and I barely touched it. Stick with beef. Also, after we got our meal our server didn't come back for over 25 minutes. By that time it was really too late to order anything else. He was taking care of a large table with a big wine list. So I understand his priorities, but we were celebrating a birthday, which was just as important to us.Special Features: