Scarpetta - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Scarpetta - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/pdf/menu/Scarpetta0512.pdf
- Phone: 7026987960x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday | 5:30PM – 11PM
Friday - Sunday | 6 – 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Italian
- Executive Chef: Scott Conant
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: For special event inquiries and large party requests please contact Kelli Binette at 702-698-7973 or The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Restaurant Sales Dept. at 877-551-7776 or 702-698-6880.
A word from Scarpetta - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
An earthy yet sophisticated approach to Italian cuisine, Scarpetta was created by award-winning chef Scott Conant and features a soulful menu of seasonally-inspired fare. An Italian expression that means “little shoe”, or the shape bread takes when used to soak up a dish, Scarpetta represents the pure pleasure of savoring a meal down to the very last taste. Try a signature dish such as Sicilian-Spiced Duck Breast, Seared Sea Scallops with Sunchokes or Spaghetti with Tomato and Basil.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Scarpetta - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Best Restaurants in The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas ›
Scarpetta - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (131)romantic (116)fit for foodies (115)scenic view (110)notable wine list (66)hot spot (44)good for groups (38)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2014I love booking with Open Table but this is the second time it has told me a later reservation was unavailable and given me a 6 p.m. dinner where the restaurant is COMPLETELY empty. In this case it worked out, since I was seeing a show later that evening. But I do like livelier restaurants. The food, I must admit, was delicious, if a bit overpriced (to be expected in Vegas). The standout was the polenta with mushrooms, which my husband luckily shared. I got the duck/f.g. ravioli and it was delicious, although I must admit to myself that I'm not much of a foie gras eater. I don't know if I would come here again based on price, but it was still a lovely experience for our anniversary.Special Features:
- 2nd VisitJustinVIPDined on 5/25/2014This was our visit and had a fantastic time. Our waiter was very accommodating (splitting dishes and wines). The food is just simply amazing. Nice view of the Bellagio fountain as well.Special Features:
- Great againOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/24/2014Second visit here. Had high standards given who owns this place, my high standards were again met and exceeded. Every time we are in Vegas we dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb! Gem amongst the hotel!MissYIslandBlueDined on 5/24/2014We booked dinner before a show! Service was excellent, food didn't take long, but most importantly....the food was excellent! I had their signature spaghetti dish - the best!! My boyfriend had the organic chicken...the most flavorful and moist chicken ever! For dessert we shared their Nutella Italian style donuts, served warm and not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great choice on the stripWineandsportsVIPDined on 5/24/2014Terrific food and a solid, if not spectacular wine list. It's busy without feeling cramped. The creamy polenta and short rib ravioli were especially good but everything was very nice. The only minor knock was the service. It was inconsistent, good at times, felt like we were being rushed at times, felt ignored at times. Really good, and like most nice places on the strip, really pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/23/2014Could have been a perfect evening but the halibut was raw in the center and had to send it back. Veal chop was very fatty/grisely. They did remove the veal it from the check. Service was a bit slow at times. I can see how this could be a great restaurant, but for the prices and the reputation of the chef, I was surprised the food left the kitchen the way it did. Was a bit disappointing. Atmosphere was very nice.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/21/2014Dined here for our 25th wedding anniversay. Received the view table overlooking Bellagion fountains. Very attentive service. Great food!Special Features:
- The following 1011 reviews are from the Scarpetta - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews archive.
- MM1SWDined on 5/20/2014Great food and service! Would not recommend for children, but excellent spot for a wonderful dining experience and great atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodJudyVIPDined on 5/20/2014Great restaurant - I've been here twice now. Very pricey, though. Prepare to spend a lot if you come here. But the food is delicious, so it is a nice special evening, but certainly for special occasions and not a daily dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little over hypedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2014Heard and read good things about this place...my fiance eat at some amazing restaurants and thought this would be perfect for us...we asked the bartender for recommendations and we went with what he said...the short rib appetizer was cold and the bed of veggies and risotto tasted like frozen veggies...not impressed...the duck and foie gras ravioli were good nothing amazing though...the pici with lobster couldn't have been saltier and it was full of taragon...way too much...the server was very nice but overall less than impressed...biggest positive was the view over the bellagio fountains. ..bottom line is I would find another optionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/18/2014Food was excellent - we all enjoyed our meals, esp. the pasta and the halibut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scarpetta a hidden gemDCC57Dined on 5/17/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Las Vegas. Outstanding food, excellent service. The decor is beautiful and the view of the Bellagio fountains is a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ItalianFloridaFoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014We've enjoyed dining all over Vegas, and Scarpetta is now on our "Best of Vegas" List. We dined here for my wife's birthday, enjoying a four course meal that was spectacular. The pasta course was perfectly sized and perfectly cooked. The main course was again a delight to the palette, while our dessert was a wonderful finish for an outstanding meal. The service was terrific, with the staff addressing us be name (a nice touch) and always proactive in anticipating our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foor and incredible viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014All of our food was incredible - and the view of the Belliagio Fountains makes it an amazing settingSpecial Features:
- Awful Service. Wouldn't know foodLunchgroup6Dined on 5/14/2014We arrived 5 minutes before our reservation time. Fortunately, for us, we were sent to the bar to wait. Ten minutes later we were shown to our table with menus, where we sat for 35 minutes with our bar drinks and water until we got up and walked out. Someone stop by once in Promised us bread, which never materialized. We went next-door to Bellagio and had a lovely dinner at Circo.
- LacklusterSeekingMyLastMealDined on 5/11/2014The service was acceptable, but could use a little refining. The food was below average with only a few delicious moments. We ordered the tasting menu that included six courses and a few extras (courtesy of the chef). The polenta with mushrooms was quite tasty and made us hopeful that something equally flavorful would come. Unfortunately, that was not the case. On a positive note, the optional wine pairing included very generous pours and was a great deal for only 45 bucks.
- Scarpetta is a winnerMelissaGDined on 5/10/2014Enjoyed dinner for 2 last week . Great ambiance , large Martinis and service with a smile. We enjoyed the baby squid and octopus app, they split the dish so we could share. My husband had the lamb ragu pasta... Amazing , great flavors. I chose the lobster and king crab pasta, lots of toppings and the pasta was fresh and light. The chocolate soufflé was amazing and so airy . A fav dinner spot in vegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great serviceHorribleVIPDined on 5/9/2014We have eaten at scarpetta 3 times now. The first 2 were a at the bar. The food is always great and bartenders give great service, so we decided to sit in the dining room. We had a table with a great view of the belagio fountain. Service was not very good though. Server was nowhere to be found most of the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Vegaswines123VIPDined on 5/8/2014Vegas is full of many restaurants most of which look good but the food is sub-standard and over priced, but not Scarlett. The food is fantastic. There are so many good things to eat I went there twice. Looking forward to going again. My favorites include the polenta, the scallops, Kobe beef and the tomato spaghetti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but Worth it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014The food was amazing, especially the polenta with mushrooms and the pasta with short ribs, also the chocolate souffle should not be missed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in Vegaswines123VIPDined on 5/6/2014Scarpetta is Vegas' best Italian restaurant. Try the tasting menu if your hungry if not then have the a la carte is equally good. Notable hits are the scallop and the off the chart polenta with mushrooms and truffle oil. the Kobe beef main was outstanding as was the fish. Talk to the sommelier he will help (not push) you to select a great wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/6/2014Made a reservation three weeks before dining here and requested a table with a view of the Bellagio fountain. We came 15 minutes early and we're seated away from the window. I noticed an open table next to the window and requested to be moved there. The hostess informed us that the table was not ready and that it was already reserved. Really? Sure... Bad start to the evening...
- JojoDined on 5/6/2014Delicious food!! The view of the belagio fountains was a perfect addition to our night out. The only downside to this visit was when they sat us apparently the waiter for our table hadn't arrived yet. There was a bit of a wait to order drinks, from another waiter who wasn't too impressed to take over until our waiter arrived, which was after our mains were done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!JlylestsVIPDined on 5/4/2014The food was excellent - the pasta was perfectly cooked and the deserts were amazing. The service matched the food - top notch. This was our favorite dinner on our entire Las Vegas trip. And extremely affordable for that level of quality. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Always good!TmcgarryDined on 5/4/2014This is our second time to go to Scarpetta. Our first time was in Miami. Both locations were excellent! Worth th money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scott deliversChuckFDined on 5/4/2014Great dining experience we had several great dishes to include the scallops appetizer the short rib farro risotto, fell short on the polenta although the flavor was great, the consistently ow as too runny. As for main courses the lamb chops were amazing as were the short rib tagliatelle was very good as well. The roasted chicken was a star. However one dish fell short again as the halibut my friend ordered was served raw first, then they refired the same fish and it came back over cooked when you are charged the prices Scarpetta does I would think they would fire a new fish. I expected more as most chefs know that when you reheat a fish that has been cut opened it will dry completely out. Desserts were good.Special Features:
- JSpaVIPDined on 5/2/2014Excellent food with creative presentation.. Tuna appetizer, duck and halibut entrees were all very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding serviceDbrown8302Dined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed a birthday dinner and had the best service we have had in over 30 years and spanning many cities. Our server treated us like guests in his hone and helped us select amazing choices. If you go, ask for a table with a view.Special Features:
- I love ScarpettaDiningdivaVIPDined on 4/26/2014I've been to Scarpetta in NYC several times -- it's one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. Scarpetta Vegas is amazing as well. We went for the food, but the atmosphere was what really surprised me. Beautiful views of the Bellagio lake (and water show) and the strip. The restaurant was full, but not too noisy or boisterous. And of course the food was fabulous. If you die without eating Scott Conant's pasta with tomato and basil you have really missed something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014Great food and ambiance. Very nice wine list, but as with most places in vegas, the wine is about triple the normal cost you would see in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Good minus first impressionCubbyDCVIPDined on 4/25/2014The hostess was extremely rude. I told her I had a reservation. She said I was not in the system. I had an email confirmation. Booked the reservation 1 month ago as part of a much anticipated trip to Vegas. I was actually a guest at the Cosmopolitan hotel, where the restaurant is located. The hostess mumbled something about my reservation, but handed menus to the other girl to walk us to our table. I sat down on the table and received an email cancelling Open table, so she and her attitude canceled my reservation, instead of checking us in. I was not going to stay still and lose my points because of someone's mood. I immediately called the manager, explained what happened. He was very nice and took care of the situation. Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tomatoes, garlic, basil....HoosierDined on 4/24/2014Every time we are in Las Vegas we make a point to eat at Scarpetta. The marinara and pasta dish is like heaven on earth. All the other dishes were wonderful, but the simplicity and sophistication of that one dish shines above all others.Special Features:
- Always Amazing!!!MMMdevinediningDined on 4/24/2014I make sure to eat here everytime I am in Las Vegas. They have the most amazing spaghetti even though the menu simply calls it "tomato basil" it just melts in your mouth. It is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Nice Dining ExperianceduviwarriorDined on 4/20/2014The food was prepared well, presented well and tasted well. The service was very good The ambiance was nice and romantic.
- Spectacular!HappyVegetarianVIPDined on 4/20/2014Our waiter made excellent recommendations to guide us through the menu. The view of the Bellagio's fountains at night was spectacular, and the food was amazing. Our table tried some of the appetizers, pastas, entrees, and desserts - all were cooked perfectly. The pastas are all made fresh in-house. The service was great and we never felt like we were waiting too long between courses. It was a wonderful evening out for my family.Special Features:
- Legit...majessaDined on 4/19/2014The best Polenta I have every eaten and the Kobe Rib Cap was to die for…Wine list was a bit pricey (4-5X retail by my calculations). I'd definitely go again though.Special Features:
- Nothing to write home aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2014I expected a lot more from this restaurant and have to say I won't remember much of it. The service was nice, the view of the bellagio water fountains from our window table was great, but the food was average at best. Hearing that The 'fresh market vegetable salad' had only a few vegetables on offer we went for the endive and apple salad - that turned out rather tasteless and unbalanced as the salad was mostly endive with a couple small slices of apples, and a little bit of blue cheese. The only saving grace was the beet relish. The main course of beef short rib agnolotti turned out to have a tiny amount of meet in each pasta bit and way too much butter all around. The organic chicken we ordered was ok but then it was just chicken.
- fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2014I would like to see a few more reasonably priced wines on the menu. Other than that the food and view were amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful bite in ambianceDianaZDined on 4/18/2014I brought a friend to experience Scarpetta's delectable modern Italian cuisine. We were seated promptly by the window for a view off the Bellagio fountains! Service was seemingly effortless and proficient. I thoroughly enjoyed my creamy polenta and black cod...absolutely delectable! My friend ordered the salad with apple, could not taste the apple; and the lamb, which he enjoyed. He was disappointed in the small portion for the price. Although he will not return, I am a fan! Next time I will enjoy the chef's tasting again...an amazing sampling of the best offered at Scarpetta...and hopefully the chef will send out the polenta too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Seafood Pasta GratineeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/17/2014Started with the pea soup with crab both of us. The crab in the soup was not as tasty as the king crab, lobster and shrimp in my seafood pasta gratinee. The crab and nobs of lobster were so moist, sweet and delicious. The other diner had the filet and was happy with her choice as well. We were off to NYNY for Haagen Dazs...Special Features: