Comme Ca - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Comme Ca - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/taste/restaurant-collection/comme-ca.aspx
- Phone: 7026987910x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday - Sunday I 12PM - 5PM
Dinner: Monday - Sunday I 5PM - 11PM
Happy Hour: Daily 5PM - 10PM (Bar and Lounge Area Only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: David Myers / Brian Howard
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Comme Ca - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Created by acclaimed Los Angeles chef, David Myers, Comme Ça is a lively and modern French brasserie with an emphasis on quality ingredients. Comme Ça serves traditional fare with a unique David Myers spin: accessible yet provocative, delicious yet chic. In addition to an impressive wine selection, Comme Ça offers a menu of seasonal handcrafted classic cocktails shaken with modern sensibility. Enjoy a signature dish, such as Roasted Beef Marrow & Oxtail Jam, while overlooking the lights of Las Vegas on Comme Ça’s breathtaking terrace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Comme Ca - The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (44)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (25)good for groups (23)romantic (21)notable wine list (17)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Not much French FoodNLJ003Dined on 1/19/2014We went to Comme Ca for a nice anniversary celebration. Looking forward to French Onion soup, escargot, nice French bread and perhaps some french cusine. Instead we were told there was no Fench Onion soup that night, no escargot and menu selections limited. French bread were 2 tiny baguettes. Since we had already ordered our wine we decided to stay. We had heard that the burgers were good, so we had $18 burgers. They were good burgers but not sure worth the price. With 2 glasses of wine our bill was over $80. Pretty pricey for burgers. The only thing French was the glass of champaign. Service was not great for only 3 tables occupied in the restaurant. However, the view of the strip was excellent.Special Features:
- We always enjoy our time @ Comme CaSweetDinerVIPDined on 1/18/2014We've been to Comme Ca a couple of times now and have actually come to the point and realization that ordering two apps each is enough to stuff us for the evening, No two dinners here are every alike as we enjoy dabbling through the menu apps and sipping on some of their exceptional cocktails.Special Features:
- Loud atmosphere and poor serviceGirlsTripDined on 1/17/2014If you have a large party this restaurant definitely caters to them. It was very loud and hard to hear my girl friends, the server was not very friendly, and it took about 45 minutes to receive our food. The food was good, but everything else says we wouldn't recommend.
- A MUST TO AVOID!!!MaymaDined on 1/15/2014Very pleasant atmosphere but that's where it stops. We ordered and then waited and waited. I ordered a Cosmopolitan (the hotel specialty) and when it did come after asking 2x, it was The size if a shot...& $14. We had to ask for bread Nd when it finally came, they gave us 2 small rolls. My partners onion soup was. Old and greasy. My steak fritte done well but when I asked for steak say e, first I was told they didn't have any. Then as of by magic after I was half done, a vessel of sauce came to the table. It was in edible & they charged $3 for it! I should've not paid, but was too tired to Rgue. As my title says" a must to avoid"!Special Features:
- Great place for business dinnerJB01Dined on 1/9/2014While at CES 2014 entertained 9 clients and the food, environment and service were excellent. I will visit again with clients at next years CES event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly good foodRunningKathyDined on 1/5/2014We went here in November and the four of us in our party keep talking about the food and the service. Both are fantastic. Back again and the food and service did not disappoint. Red velvet bacon waffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I enjoyed the view of thePiggySanDined on 1/4/2014I enjoyed the view of the strip and the cocktails.Special Features:
- Not "comme ci comme ca"Nordic35Dined on 1/2/2014Great place in the Cosmopolitan. This was my third visit to the place. Always great food, friendly staff. Great cocktail menu--I recommend the Sunrise, if you like sweeter cocktails, if you like a darker more "smokey" cocktail, try the "Smoking pistol." The bar staff is also very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambience but mediocre eats.chrisddoDined on 12/29/2013I here for a quick after xmas get away with my girlfriend. Great ambiance (in the typical David Myers modern craftsman style) & stellar service but unfortunately the food was merely mediocre gastropub fare, which surprised me a bit since we love his other baby, Hinoki & the Bird. We had bone marrow, scallops, frisee salad, and the burger special along with a few cocktails. To put it simply, the food was simply too rich and over flavored...The scallop was drenched in too much heavy sauce & the scallop flavor was gone. The burger was too sweet and and overpowering. It was not very busy so maybe it was an off-day? The waitress was sweet and tried her best, with the bar, to make a savoy cocktail I ordered that they weren't familiar with.Special Features:
- well worth it!!love2EATDined on 12/29/2013We made a reservation for 8, not long before dinner and able to get in. While the menu appears a bit pretentious, it is very approachable. We had 4 kids and 4 adults. Service was great. Sommellier, helped us with our wine selections, and was extremely helpful. While not familiar with french wines, he heard what types we like and made a great recommendation. It wasn't cheap in the end, but neither is playing in the casino :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be betterbexlex47Dined on 12/29/2013Ate dinner here with 2 friends. Menu is not very big. Lots of fish and seafood choices. Weird when there is a fish/Mediterranean place also in the Cosmo. Ordered 9 oz steak. Came with boring presentation. Just the steak with. HUGE pile of regular fries on top. Plates look better at Outback. Simple green salad was very good. A bit of a lag between app and entrees but not bad. Service was pretty good. Steak was good but not that memorable. Decor was cool and view was great. No time for dessert. Overall it was good but I wish it was better. Seems like it could be, if they tried. Menu needs a few more offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful View with Tasty FoodJenJenVIPDined on 12/28/2013The food at Comme Ca was amazing! I ordered the bacon wrapped pork chops and it was delectable. We went here for my best friend's bachelorette party and it was a great atmosphere for a special occasion. The only issue I had was that our server did not give us the best service. She said she would be able to split our bill when we arrived and then when it came to pay, she advised that she could only split it 6 ways (we had 10 people). Because we were a large group, I felt that our server did not try because she knew she was getting an automatic 20% gratuity. For the price we paid, I expected a higher level of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As we arrived late in VegasPammarxDined on 12/24/2013As we arrived late in Vegas ... We réserve for 10.45 - the waiter tell us immediately that we have ONLY 15 minutes To ORDER ... The kitchen closed at 11.00 ... If we Know that , we Will go in another place - The view was great , we were the ONLY customers in the place - The wine was great , the salmon delicious , the desert profiteroles really very bad ...as we are leaving in Europe , we know What's is profiteroles ... The dought was uneatable ... P.A.MARXSpecial Features:
- Prixe FixeblackjackDined on 12/24/2013Had the fixed price dinner at Christmas the food was excellent, portions were large, and service was very good We would go back againSpecial Features:
- Xmas eve dinnerLPSDDined on 12/24/2013I reserved this restaurant for Xmas eve dinner thinking they were serving ham from other prior reviews! That wasn't their menu! However only fantastic comes to mind of what I and my family had! Their lobster bisque was to die for. Their bacon wrapped pork loin over grilled romaine lettuce was burst of great flavors in every bite! Their cocktail pear vodka was another winner! The waitress was most helpful. They were flexible about having regular menu or Xmas menu! We choose from regular menu. Just a fantastic experience! I highly recommend this place for great food in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE'LL BE BACK Part 2OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2013"We'll be back" was my first review of Comme Ca in 2012- the same holds true. From the moment we walked in, it continued to be a memorable experience. Tho the menu seems to have fewer choices than last time, we were more than pleased with each course. The Frisee salad was outstanding - very few US restaurants can make a vinaigrette worthy of a Parisian bistro. As we completed the salad, our server noted to the kitchen that we were 'diners' and thus not to hurry our next course - impressive! Then the steak- Colorado NY was cooked perfectly-delectable. As we choose our dessert, along came 2 glasses of dessert wine? Huh? The GM remembered us from a previous encounter and comp'd us the wine to go with the Profiteroles - does it get any better?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding aleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013I was hoping. To find a real french restaurant and I got a want to be french restaurant. I asked for a plane and simple onion soup and I got a soup with burned onions it was beater nothing good
- Fantastic!FoodieFanDined on 12/8/2013Returning for a second time, I thoroughly enjoyed it again. The bone marrow and oxtail jam were unbelievable as well as the raw oysters. The bouillabaisse and short ribs were delicious. Our server, Matt, was very polite and attentive, maybe a little nervous, but very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic service, delicious food.zetter619Dined on 12/6/2013We had the beef tartar, blue crab & avocado toast, bouillabaise, steak frites and a few drinks. Service was impeccable. Food delicious and cooked perfectly. Would come to Vegas again just to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OverideElCubanoDined on 11/16/2013Thankfully the food was excellent and overshadowed the service. Even though our waiter seemed nice he was not qualified to serve here. When you are at a location like this you must pay attention to the little things. It did not ruin our experience at all but just want to give the feedback to the restaurant who I am sure wants to deliver the best service possible. Many wines by the glass, this was a highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French cuisine MIAFrenchcuisineM1ADined on 11/14/2013Not what I was expecting. The hotel was impressive, but the restaurant did not live up to its billing. The menu was very limited and does not offer traditional French fares. The vibe was more country (what's up with the plaid waiter tops), than French chic. The steak frittes was good, but I was anticipating a more romantic anniversary dinner with spectacular French fare. Definitely not what I was expecting.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJerryVIPDined on 11/9/2013Very lovely place. Staff was great and what a view of the strip!Special Features:
- Worst food in the CosmopolitanDRMBZARRAGAVIPDined on 11/2/2013I was highly disappointed with this place. 4 of us went for lunch, the menu looked good online. 10 oz tap beers were 8 dollars each. The service was extremely slow for lunch. The restaurant was not busy at all and i think there were only 2 servers. My roomservice the night before arrived quicker than my expensive drink order. Finally the food. we ordered 3 french dip sandwiches and a french onion soup. All were horrible and none of us finished our food. When the waiter asked how it was, we said "eh". The waiter said "oh, great and took away our half full plates with no further discussion" Then the bill. 120.00 us for 4 drinks and 4 lousy dishes. Find a better place! Fab view, but not worth it
- Had higher expectationsDIronDined on 11/1/2013I had friends in from the UK & since they were staying @ City Center, we picked a restaurant open for lunch @ the Cosmopolitan. Comme Ca it turns out, isn't a much sought after lunch place. It was overly noisy for a lunch place that was not crowded. Comme Ca itself has a great feel & ambiance and they had some fantastic long booths for larger groups of 8. It has a light feel from windows & a view of the strip, giving it a really nice atmosphere. I had the french dip for lunch, this was absolutely nothing special and the bread was hard. My friends had a quiche & a salmon croissant & they did finish theirs but no one raved it. The service was very good - very attentive. I would go back & try for dinner. I'm hoping they do dinner better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COMME CA - SMALL MENU BIG TASTE!GourmetjunkyDined on 10/29/2013DECIDED TO GRAB A QUICK EARLY DINNER BEFORE AN UPCOMING CROSS COUNTRY RED EYE FLIGHT. AT 5:30PM THE PLACE WAS COMPLETELY EMPTY. HAD A TABLE WUTH A VIEW. PROMPT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS SERVICE. COMPARING TO A COUPLE OF LAST VISITS, MENU CHOICES SEEMED TO "SHRINK" SOMEWHAT. HOWEVER, WHAT WAS LEFT WAS EXCELLENT. RESONABLE PRICES (INCLUDING ALCOHOLIC DRINKS) FOOD WAS FRESHLY PREPARED AND VERY TASTY. NO COMPLAINTS. DEFINITELY WILL BE BACK ON MY NEXT TRIP TO VEGAS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - need better staffKittyDined on 10/27/2013We arrived at the restaurant 10 minutes early. The hostess informed us our table was not ready, so we decided to wait at the bar. 1/2 hour later the hostess forgot we were there - we had to ask the bartender to check on our table. When we walked in the dining area we discovered it was half empty. Despite the Manager's apologies and the offer of a free dessert, this poor customer service by the hostess really didn't leave a good impression. On a positive note, our waitress was friendly and attentive and the food was pretty good. It's amazing how one employee (in this case the hostess) can ruin your impression of an otherwise good restaurant.Special Features:
- Great French foodining experience!TravelerVIPDined on 10/20/2013The food and service were excellent! The restaurant really outclasses the Cosmopolitan. After walking through the Cosmopolitan to get to this restaurant, I was prepared to be disappointed, but the only disappointment was the music - too loud. But the food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than ExpectedMoTownDined on 10/19/2013Comme Ca was a great experience. My group of three were able to make reservations for a Saturday night, and were quite impressed with the quality of our meals and wine pairings. The service was impeccable and attentive, and the view was perfect. I will recommend to friends for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food, severely overpricedALryesDined on 10/19/2013Bad food, severely overpriced (about 230 dollars for two people). We will not return there. We do not recommend it.
- Enjoyed the ViewunluckyDined on 10/16/2013We sat at a window table looking out over Las Vegas Blvd across from Planet Hollywood, so it was a fun view for us. The majority of tables wouldn't be able to see much. Our server was generally great, but there was a distinct lag time in our wines arriving. I don't think that was his issue; probably something going on at the bar. We thought the beef tartare was decent, but not terribly memorable. The shrimp cocktail we sent back. The special mushroom soup was delicious; a frisee salad was equally rich & rewarding. (I dislike both mushrooms & frisee, so that says a lot!). The salmon was cooked beautifully, medium rare as I'd asked. Lamb pasta was flavorful. Like most LV dining, the music was obnoxiously LOUD so we could barely talk at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well informed waiter...wouldRuthieDined on 10/5/2013Well informed waiter...would have preferred a few more gluten free items on the menu. Service was great.....will go back and refer to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a "must" visit for us!!StormalongDined on 10/4/2013We discovered Comme Ca last year, and for this year's Vegas vacation we had to go back. If possible, it was even better than we remembered it. Their menu changes often and is outstanding. Special mention has to go to the Sommelier (Bruno)...he was truly knowledgable, helpful and funny. We'll go back again & again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst serviceJakeDined on 9/27/2013Worst service I have ever had. Quite literal with that comment. Slow, forgetful unapologetic. Ruined the good food experience.
- Great ServiceHappyDinerDined on 9/13/2013Alison, our server was exceptional. She did a great job of recommending and delivering. Good food, good service, great meal.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and BEST cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2013What an amazing dining experience. As self-proclaimed foodies, we have found it increasingly difficult to find ourselves impressed by a restraurant. But from our very first cocktail (wow!), each course proved to be complete culinary perfection. Our ONLY criticisms concern certain style decsions the owner has made regarding the look and feel of the restautant. We found the paper placemats and wait staff's flanel shirts and T's to completely contradict the menu and prices. It didn't ruin the experience, but prevented it from earning 5 stars for ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Poor Service.DCVegasDined on 9/7/2013Great dinner with friends on the patio over looking the strip. The food was very good and wine selection was outstanding. Our waitress was a disappointment. Tried to upsell us with everything (suggesting wines that were double the cost of what we ordered) and ignored us for over an hour (we had to ask another waiter to find her so we could pay and make it to our show). Otherwise, it was a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Views of the StripOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2013The small patio or any of the windowside tables will give you one of the best views in Vegas. The food is solid; not worth the trip on it's own merits, but good enough that even the most fussy eaters will be happy, though the menu is limited and doesn't change very often. The ambiance is nice, think of it as "upscale cafe", though the music is almost too loud to have a normal conversation (expect to say "what?" to your table mates seated across from you more than a few times). But, hey, you're at the Cosmo. And this is a nice place to get the evening strated!Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2013My partner and I dined here and had a wonderful meal. The food was delicious and well-presented. The view of the strip was amazing and the hostess seated us at a perfect table to take it all in. I especially loved that I could see the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas down the road while enjoying French cuisine. The portions were nice and generous, as they should be at a bistro style restaurant. The service could have been slightly more attentive, however, especially given that there weren't many tables dining. However, when the server was with us he was informative and friendly. Comme ca has my full recommendation.Special Features:
- Good food noisy restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2013Dinning room was also filled with smoke from a food smoker.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bistro with a ViewLVHikerVIPDined on 8/30/2013Comme Ca has a creative menu of French bistro style food. The menu is somewhat limited but there's something for almost any taste. I got the 5 course Restaurant Week menu and my wife got a burger. Service was good albeit there were some long pauses between courses. A nice dining experience!Special Features: