22 Shipyard Drive
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.almanovehingham.com/
- Phone: 7817493353x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday Lunch 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Thursday Dinner 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday Lunch - 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday Dinner - 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Sunday All Day - 12:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Paul Wahlberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Any special notes for the Maitre D' should be left in the reservations details section of your online reservation. We ask that you also contact the restaurant to confirm these requests as soon as possible.
FOR ALL CAKE ORDERS: Please call the restaurant directly to place all cake order requests; unfortunately, online requests cannot be accepted. Thank you for your cooperation.
A word from Alma Nove
Paul Wahlberg presents Alma Nove, a stylish and contemporary restaurant and bar offering classic Italian cuisine amid the bountiful flavors of the surrounding Mediterranean. Located in the historic Hingham Shipyard steps from the beautiful shoreline of Hingham Bay, guests can enjoy a scenic view whether they dine inside with panoramic floor to ceiling windows or on the patio furnished with lounge furniture and a fire pit. The wine list at Alma Nove is approachable, affordable and fun, very similar to the menu.Continued
Please Note: All Outdoor Seating Is Done On A First Come, First Serve Basis.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Alma Nove - Best Restaurants in Hingham ›
Alma Nove reviews from OpenTable diners
380 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (272)scenic view (266)great for outdoor dining (216)fit for foodies (189)romantic (182)great for lunch (122)hot spot (115)neighborhood gem (107)notable wine list (100)good for groups (85)vibrant bar scene (82)great for brunch (45)late-night find (35)kid-friendly (20)Show More
- beautiful & inviting areanancarm14Dined on 8/23/2014Amazing spot...love fireplace.. stay outside next time .. super noisy inside.. friendly staff.. wine list excellent... food great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly ImpressedGrababiteDined on 8/22/2014Attentive service and outstanding antipasti framed what was a very good dining experience all around. The lobster mashed potatoes are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoePmedicDined on 8/22/2014As usual, the food and service was excellent. We were seated promptly at the time of our reservation. Our server was friendly and attentive without interrupting our anniversary dinner. Though pricey, it's worth the trip for a special occasion and we will return. I was a bit disappointed that the lobster ravioli wasn't on the current menu, but our meals were excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!10starsDined on 8/22/2014I am blown away from how delicious the food was. The waitress was very nice and very well with communication. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone and anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a viewFoodlover2VIPDined on 8/22/2014Sat outside, it was so beautiful & the drinks and lunch were great as usual!Special Features:
- Good Food Great Atmosphere"RomeRestaurantReviewsDined on 8/21/2014From the moment you get you are greeted by helpful valets which I recommend due to the always full parking lot . The Host always smiling & friendly are nice and accommodating weather by design or demeaner Chef Paul always seems to make time to say hello and ask about your dining experience and I believe it's his demeaner that sets the tone for fun and relaxing night out . Weather at the bar making friends. ,outside by the fire pit having a cocktail ,table for two or in a group the menue Chef Paul and atmosphere make for a Beautiful Dining experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy!JJF0926Dined on 8/21/2014We probably won't dine here again because of the noise level. Could hear each other speak without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing Way To End A VacationNomNomDined on 8/20/2014I went to Alma Nove with my girlfriend to celebrate our one year anniversary, and was the last night before leaving from a three day vacation in Boston. One thing that truely stood out was the charisma and overall friendly feeling from each of the employees we encountered, and it is not to say the food was not top notch as well. The appetizer was encouraged by our waitress and it did not disappoint, and the main course was just as good. We finished off with a chocolate cake and carrot cake, and I feel secure in saying it is the best carrot cake I have ever eaten. I strongly recommend Alma Nove to any and all!Special Features:
- 2nd time disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/20143 of us went for dinner on a Wednesday night. We had a reservation. We were disppointed for a second time. It took awhile for a waiter to come to take our drink order, and another good while to bring them to the table. The bread was very stale and dry. The special appetizer and cod cake appetizer were good. My chicken was very dry. My husband's salmon was "ok." The dish seemed to be overloaded with black rice. My son's bacon-wrapped cod was good, not great. We were disappointed because unlike the first few times we dined there, the last two times have not been great and yet the prices are in the high-end. Maybe Paul has "too many irons in the fire?"Special Features:
- Excellent ambiance exceptional foodlovefoodDined on 8/20/2014Such a beautiful location for dinner right on water surrounded by boats. Food was delicious. Portion sizes were huge. The prosciutto wrapped cod and risotto was delicious as was the steak special. We totally enjoyed our meals. The carrot cake was so moist and not too sweet. It was a perfect dinner. We went to b & g oysters the next night and were very disappointed. Alma nove was the highlight of our trip to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From PhillyPhillyDined on 8/18/2014My husband, 4 children and I went to Alma Nove's to celebrate my birthday. I must say the service was excellent and the food and cake was delicious among other things. The restaurant was beautiful and the staff (not just our waitress) was overly attentive to us. I was a little nervous to take 4 kids (6-12 years old) initially but from the moment we arrived everyone was so sweet and it was obvious that the kids were more then welcome. The prices were also very reasonable. I would highly recommend Alma's for any and all occasions! My family loved it and will most definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HatsHarryDined on 8/18/2014I know you have no control but wearing a white baseball cap at the dining table ruins a perfect setting. Knucklehead looked like he belonged on Dot AveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotpencDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is in the old Hingham Shipyard with an outdoor patio where patrons can watch the sunset over the harbor. You can either eat at on the patio or have a before/after dinner drink. There is a fire pit if it is cool in the evening. I had the beet salad (delicious) and the linguini and clams. The linguini was a little dry but served with fresh clams and flavor was great. My partner had the grilled swordfish and lobster mashed potatoes. The swordfish was done perfectly and the potatoes had real pieces of lobster in them. No complaints on service as our waitress was very attentive. While we were too full for dessert, they looked amazing. Good people watching place - especially from the patio.Special Features:
- Delicious!AlliDined on 8/17/2014The food at Alma Nove was fantastic. Both my guest and I had amazing meals....he went with the swordfish and I with the duck. We also ordered a great bottle of wine from the recommended wine list. Will definitely be going backSpecial Features:
- Crushed, I loved this place!PateDined on 8/17/2014This was our special occasion restaurant for the past 3 years. Everything was always perfect. On our last 2 visits not so much. On one of last two visits the chopped salad had tasteless hard tomatoes and cucumbers, this visit the service was really bad, my drink was served in a tin cup, the filet was over cooked and the dessert tasted like a previously frozen chocolate hostess dessert. The ambience was still wonderful. We may try one more time but with the prices the way they are and the fact that you have to book well in advance, that will be the last time if it is not great! This is from a person who was so excited about this place I was filmed to do a promotion for the restaurant!Special Features:
- enjoyfood1Dined on 8/17/2014We had a lovely table by the windows. The outside seating was perfect and had we been more adventuresome we may have chosen that area for brunch. We were able to blend our brunch with a dinner option. Great atmosphere. Eclectic food and very calming and relaxing décor. Would recommend Alma Nove to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night at Alma Nove!happycoupleDined on 8/16/2014This was our first time at Alma Nov and my wife and I were very pleased with the restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was very good. The whole experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!foodie2Dined on 8/16/2014Loved Alma Nove! Great menu and wonderful area for outdoor dining. Good service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Alma Nova ExperienceKandyeiqDined on 8/16/2014I had planned this trip from NC to Hingham for several months and was well worth it.Everything was great. Food was awesome and overall visit was all I expected..Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma NoveDinnerGardenDined on 8/15/2014The atmosphere on the outdoor patio is phenomenal, but only second to the beautiful, artistic and succulent dining. Food allergies were addressed without the embarrassment that usually accompanies them. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The scenery couldn't be better, and the community feel of the area was magnificent. The cocktails are enticingly delicious and the food from first course to the last was outstanding. We will definitely fine here again. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe QJoe2Dined on 8/15/2014Food, service and ambience outstanding. Not as expensive as I was led to believe. A Gem on the South Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience...cuzinloveDined on 8/14/2014The food was superb! The customer service, royal. Outstanding. Our table was delayed, as the couple before us were dallying. The hostess and the manager were so apologetic...more concerned than we were!!! So concerned that they gave us the appetizer and dessert free...a lovely gesture. And the leftovers were as good as the were the first time around. My cousin was in from Arizona. She is quite the traveler and definitely a foodie. She could not stop thanking us for the treat.Special Features:
- AbduxVIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was good as usual, bar was hopping. Beautiful display of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to beatUsedthe4ceDined on 8/14/2014Food was phenomenal. Noise level was a bit distracting, hard not to overhear the conversations around us. Waitstaff was extremely attentive, knowledgeable and professional. Parking was a bit confusing but the first time at any location can be challenging. Looking forward to returning soon, hope to sit outdoors next time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceMapleLeafMarchesDined on 8/13/2014We were visiting from Canada and had to try this restaurant(as well as Walburgers). The food was fantastic. Our kids loved it too. The flavours were incredible. Right from the moment we were seated we knew we were in for a special night. I wish it wasn't raining. We would have loved to sit outside. The setting is beautiful. Despite the rain it was a perfect way to start our Boston adventure.Special Features:
- Amazing food/ horrible staffSusanVIPDined on 8/12/2014The hostess was incredibly rude, snobby and unaccommodating. She acted like she was doing us a favor for letting us dine there. The cocktail waitress was very nice, no problem there. The waitress was also elitist and not attentive. You got the general sense that because this is a very nice and popular restaurant that the staff lets thinks they don't have to work to please customers and they let you know that. The food was fabulous and the atmosphere was beautiful so it's a shame this ruined the experience.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014I was a bit disappointed in the food. I had expected it to be much better, given the setting and price. Very bland...nothing I would make that drive for again. Hype did not live up to experience.Special Features:
- A Must!jkp714Dined on 8/11/2014The atmosphere, the scenic view, the staff and of course the food all made for a perfect lunch. Every trip to Boston must include a meal at Alma Nove.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever!DiningDivaDined on 8/10/2014Some of the most delicious food I have ever eaten and very reasonably price. The service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, nice viewSouthShoredinerDined on 8/10/2014Had a wonderful meal on a Sunday evening. Beautiful night and we were able to enjoy a nice table outdoor. Food was great, view lovely, just a great overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TwoeatersVIPDined on 8/10/2014Food was very good but our waitress was hard to find when we needed her. Took a long time for drinks to arrive and then when we asked for check she went and took meal order from another table before bringing our check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- KelleyDined on 8/9/2014We appeared to be first party for lunch indoors. Liked black salt on butter, but bread tasted stale. Later on noticed other people had fruit bread, so we asked waitress for some. So she brings two descent pieces and a small end for the three of us. Had cod cakes appetizer. Really salty...and we like salt. Would not recommend. Husband had lobster sandwich. Nothing special he said. Fries came with his lunch instead of the greens he ordered. The rest of us had gnocchi and mushrooms. We would not recommend. A lot of tasteless mushrooms and the gnocchi was gummy. Good coffee, but punch drink tasted watered down. This restaurant can do better.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!BostonGirlDined on 8/8/2014Food was to die for. Service was great! Was a little loud inside but it's also not very big. Will definitely be going back again and again!!Special Features:
- Well thought out business planLove2eatDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I traveled up from CT for our anniversary dinner! We weren't disappointed! We were pleasantly greeted by the hostesses, who sat us upon arrival. I had a micro brew pilsner and my wife had a rum based drink called whatnot punch both were very good drinks. We had two appetizers, the calamari and pork meatballs which hit the spot very nicely. They also gave us a roll each and a piece of raisin bread, with some black salted butter which was delicious. For the entree I had swordfish and mash potato lobster. I also had a side of scallops. I totally loved my entree. My wife ordered the duck at the suggestion of the waitress, it came with risotto. My wife wasn't thrilled with her duck but loved the risotto. She also loved my entree!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alma NovedinetownDined on 8/6/2014A fabulous experience. Beautiful restaurant, great service, and THE BEST food !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but good!JKDinersDined on 8/6/2014The food, atmosphere was excellent. The location was nice but can be a little inconvenient and pricey for tourists who use public transportation. The menu pricing is on the high end! We came to the restaurant from Colorado to check it out because of the Wahlberger TV show. It was fun!Special Features:
- Excellent! A must to try!NikkiDined on 8/6/2014The food was and service was simple" Marvelous". After dinner I called my brother, who loves a fine cusine and told him about the place. I will definitely be returning there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch time visitReneDined on 8/6/2014This was my first time at Alma Nove. We were all impressed, fist with the decor, location, and most importantly with the food. I appreciate that when we arrived before our reservation time, they graciously sat us early. We had a very senior man with us, who is quite used to nice restaurants. Yet, he commented positively on his visit several times. We enjoyed everything about our lunch and will definitely return soonSpecial Features:
- Birthday SurpriseMommaCupcake714Dined on 8/5/2014I surprised my Mom for her birthday with reservations for this restaurant. She absolutely loved it. Chef Paul was amazing, personable and the staff was so nice. They accommodated everything that I needed to keep it a surprise.Special Features: