931 Harrisburg Ave
Lancaster, PA 17603Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gibraltargrille.com/
- Phone: 7173972790x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carl Vitale
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call us! More than anything else, food has the power to make or break your event. That’s why people turn to Lancaster's top restaurant. We excel at everything from elegant weddings and formal events, to business luncheons and holiday parties, to casual mixers and outdoor picnics. Our approach is simple…You tell us what you want, and we make it happen, so don’t leave your next event to chance.
- Private Party Facilities: Gibraltar offers a semi-private dining room with seating for up to 60 guests as well as seating for 160 for larger events.
- Private Party Contact: Ray Shaffer 7173972790x
- Entertainment: Be sure to check out AquaBar lounge for a great list of exquisitely prepared cocktails and a great selection of wines by-the-glass
A word from Gibraltar
New American, Mediterranean Influenced, Locally Inspired… Gibraltar delivers an extraordinary dining experience for any occasion or for no occasion at all. Offering smart, casual elegance in the relaxed manner reminiscent of a seaside Mediterranean resort, spacious, window-lined dining rooms and a beautiful garden patio provide the perfect setting. Boasting a near perfect ZAGAT food rating of (27/30 - ’10 Philly Survey) the cuisine at Gibraltar is as beautifully presented as it is delicious. Inspired by the seasons, utilizing the finest ingredients, at the peak of freshness, from the fertile PA Dutch Country and around the globe, line-caught, wild fish and shellfish flown in daily, prime beef, local organic poultry, lamb and fresh local produce, Chef Vitale and his staff create delicious and inspired dishes. A Wine Spectator “Award of Excellence” winning wine list offers nearly 350 selections to further enhance your experience at Gibraltar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Gibraltar - Best Restaurants in Lancaster ›
Gibraltar reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)fit for foodies (37)romantic (29)notable wine list (22)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (9)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The BEST restaurant in LancasterCurleyGrey1Dined on 5/3/2014The new seasons menu has some exciting meals that are outstanding!! Definitely worth a special trip.Special Features:
- Absolutely Perfect EveningJCAH115Dined on 5/2/2014I had my first dining experience at Gibraltar, and I could not have been more impressed with the service. My girlfriend and I celebrate Valentine's Day on May 2nd (for historical reasons), and we both recognize the absurdity of that, but it's our own special evening. The food was outstanding and the waitress was wonderful in every way (and proved to be a very capable sommelier). What really left a lasting impression, however, was the dessert. Without requesting any special presentation, our dessert came out with a 'Happy Valentine's Day' message written in chocolate along the edge of the plate. This absolutely made our evening. It was such a small detail, but it made our special evening perfect, and we could not be more grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner for 2HatterasmanDined on 4/26/2014Very good selection of appetizers and main course. Excellent wine and cocktails. The seat was a little too soft in the booth, but it was private and comfortable. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it. My date said her filet was the best she ever had, she could cut it with her fork! I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant, the entire staff was attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodperryDined on 4/26/2014We were extremely pleased with the food and service at Gibraltar. The server was excellent, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu. The seafood entrees were beautifully presented, delicious and delivered to us hot. We will return often.Special Features:
- entree fairtlittleb6Dined on 4/26/2014Attractive decor, excellent service, creative menu was mouth watering. Appetizer was beyond expectation but the entree, Maine lobster fettuccine was fair at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerMattDined on 4/25/2014Great food. Fair service. Took 30minutes to take our order. Told mgr. he took care of it. Waiter had too many tables. We would go back. One entree wasn't great and they offered to remove from menu. Great winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gibraltar in Lancaster, PAkwaters21Dined on 4/20/2014Great food, really great survive! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent diningchowdownDined on 4/20/2014Second time we have eaten here. Last summer we loved the food, but service was slow. Easter Sunday the lamb was cold, the swordfish overdone, but the service was better. On both occasions, the restaurant's capacity was low, between 2 and maybe 10 occupied tables. They do have wonderful bread, which you can purchase by the loaf to take home.Special Features:
- Easter DelightjoboandfamDined on 4/20/20146 members of my family enjoyed a delicious Easter dinner at Gibraltar this past weekend. The lamb special sounded wonderful--and a very large portion. Great variety for all types of appetites. Nice children's selections. Great wait staff. Nice ambiance. Would definitely reccomend.Special Features:
- a special niteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday, and it was a wonderful evening, the food was very good, hot, and fresh. Seafood chowder was out of this world. Can wait to we can go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gibralter is always goodJillDined on 4/4/2014I like to go to Gibralter for any special occasion. It always makes the celebration special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first impressionOskeyDined on 3/29/2014This was our first time at Gibraltar and we were immediately impressed by the attention to details beginning with Ray S., the Manager who greeted us at the main door. Our server, Majid, was very knowledgeable and courteous. The menu offered a fine variety of meals, specifically sea food, which is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good - Not GreatBobSDined on 3/29/2014This is a very good restaurant and although we didn't think it lived up to the ratings we would go again. The ambience was very upscale and our waiter was professional and very knowledgeable. We would have liked a little more attention but it seemed like all of the wait staff was watching our table to be sure we didn't need anything which I appreciate. We didn't get to the bar but it looked very inviting. I had the duck fixed four ways appetizer special and it was absolutely delicious. The manager on duty was very visible throughout the dinning room and stopped at our table twice to make sure everything was meeting our expectations. Over all our dinning experience at Gibraltar was very good and I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weekjr103Dined on 3/28/2014We were in Lancaster, PA for the weekend and were getting together with very dear friends who we don't get to see too often. We were excited to find that our stay coincided with restaurant week and we went online to look at various places and also checked them out against the Trip Advisor site. We lucked out and found that Gibraltar had room for us. All four of us loved the food and the waitress was unbelievably helpful and had a wonderful smile and great attitude.Special Features:
- Special OccasionJohnGDined on 3/22/2014Had enjoyable evening. Service was great and food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014We've always had excellent experiences at Gibraltar - the food and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIne Dining!EmeryDined on 3/15/2014A superb menu, superbly prepared. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the Log CabinknowsfinediningDined on 3/14/2014Had the opportunity to visit Gibraltar and The Log Cabin the same week; Gibraltar wins in all categories hand downSpecial Features:
- service overshadows great mealPerplexedDined on 3/8/2014Seated immediately, restaurant not crowded. 15minutes afetr we get there our watress stops and says I'll be with you soon. 15 minutes later she returns for drink orders. A slow-down after that. I don't want to be rushed, but the delays and length of waiting was ridiculous. Empty drink glasses on the table. We even pushed them to the front of the table hoping they would be seen. Finally asked if we wanted refills. And really - pictures of the desserts on your phone along with a selfie eting a dessert? No, that wasn't a diner - it was the server! Maybe appropriate for a diner but not a fancy restaurant. Food was very good but service left a bad taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gibraltar for my BirthdaySueBDined on 3/6/2014We were not very happy with our experience at Gibraltar when we went for my birthday dinner. It was during the week at 6:45pm , only 3 of us and the service was very slow. It took about 30 minutes for someone to come over and ask if we had been waited on and if we wanted water or drinks. It appeared that there was not enough wait staff because they were really running around. The food was good when it did come, but it took away from the experience that we felt treated as an after thought. Never have had that problem there before, always were very pleased. I don't know if we would go back, just appeared very disorganized. We were very close to leaving and we HAVE NEVER done that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant in Lancaster..rileyVIPDined on 3/1/2014We have been to Gibraltar several times and have never been disappointed. The food is always fantastic and I highly recommend trying one of their seafood specials for the evening - one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- A "Delightful" ExperiencesuzieDined on 2/28/2014An upscale restaurant with excellent food, good wine, very nice beer selection. The food is prepared to perfection and to your liking. Very nice menu with many selections. Also, great choice of appetizers to enhance your main course. We were very pleased with the service. Atmosphere was a great setting for a romantic evening..Special Features:
- Mom's 84th birthday dinnerNancyBDined on 2/22/2014Service slow and irregular. Food, drinks and wine very good. Noise level was a unpleasant.Special Features:
- Great all AroundCasperDined on 2/22/2014First visit to this Resturant and we are looking forward to another. Great hostess, waitress and staff. Dinners were excellent and menu had a nice balance of choices and not overwhelming. The atmosphere was great and tables spacing allows room for private conversation. This is a Resturant that you won't be disappointed with. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An A+++ Experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2014We were visiting Lancaster for the weekend of my husband's birthday and he wanted a steak for his birthday dinner. I called Gibralter and asked a out their menu. To my surprise the chef, Chef Vitale came to the phone to say they had just received their shipment t of kobe beef and although it was not on the evening menu he would certainly offer it to us. It was delicious and the chef personally came over to us to wish my husband a happy birthday. By the way I had the tuna which was equally as delicious. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- One of the top Lancaster RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014I had visited Gibraltor in the summer time with a group for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. It reminded me of Havana Blue in St. Thomas. Decided to return for a lunch with friends and again the meal was delicious. I ordered the chicken and egg plant panini with vegetables and it was definitely one I would recommend. One of my favorite restaurants for food and ambience in the Lancaster area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome nite for a celebration4myboysDined on 2/16/2014Birthday celebration dinner. Waitstaff attentive- food awesome! Great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightNiteOutDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I met some friends at Gibraltar's for dinner. Our reservation was for 8:30 PM. We were promptly seated in the bar area. At first I was disappointed but after a little while the atmosphere of the bar side of the restaurant grew on me and we really enjoyed our time. We enjoyed the oysters as an appetizer. Delicious! Service was a bit slow so we waited quite awhile for our entrees. Our server repeatedly apologized for the delay. She was very attentive. Our meals eventually came and I'm happy to say that everything exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- delicious.eat123Dined on 2/15/2014Gibraltar's food is consistently the best in Lancaster. Top quality, inventive and delicious. We were there on Valentine's weekend so it was very very busy but the food was excellent. Our waiter looked a little overworked - just because of the volume of tables that night. He was charming and very professional and as attentive as was humanly possible that night. Try the seared diver scallops - no one else does them like Gibraltar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .wOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014We dined at Gibralta the day after Valentine's Day, so restaurant we busy when were seated for our 7:15 reservation. We waited close to 20 mins. before anyone came to our table. People arriving after us had their bread and drinks before we did. By the time our meal arrived the restaurant was clearing out. No one came by to check on us and waited half hour before someone did and asked for our check. We were offered complimentary dessert which we declined. We were given the wrong check, they did take the 2cocktails we ordered off the bill. We have dined here before and had excellent service...the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- the worst Valentine's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014this was the worst dinner .the server left us sitting so long that we had to ask for someone to take our order.there dinner was late poor drink selection.
- Highly Recommend!jarrell127Dined on 2/14/2014My Valentine's dinner with my girlfriend here was one of the best dinners I've ever had out. The salmon was perfect. The flavor, the presentation, everything was perfect. My girlfriend had the gnocchi. The beef in it practically melted in your mouth. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. She was always there when we needed her and gave us space when we didnt. I highly recommend Gibraltar to anyone looking to have a marvelous dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So Valentine's Day ExperienceCindyDined on 2/14/2014Hostess friendly, nice atmosphere. 1st time experience. Sadly, service was slow. Our dining experience took over 2 hours and we had to ask waiter to take order. Once ordered, food was delivered quickly and to our liking. Food presentation nice, overall food quality excellent. Diners ordered calamari, salad, filet, chicken and scallops….Delicious! One diner ordered crab cakes which was not to their liking…..loaded with red pepper. Two of us tried them and agreed. We also ordered dessert, choc/PB cake and petite fours. Desserts good but felt presentation, considering Valentine’s Day, was a little lacking. Good location with lots of parking available. We all agreed we would return, but would avoid crab cakes and possibly the waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!ceejayDined on 2/14/2014We were lucky enough to score a reservation for Valentines's day at the very last minute. The food was, as always, excellent, and our waitress was very good. We love this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Valentine's FlopAhabDined on 2/14/2014We asked for our favorite server, and he did serve us. However, they appeared to be so short-handed that the servers were frantically running around trying to bus the tables and prepare for the next guest. This was not enjoyable at all! We had the filet and crab cake special. The filet was Ok, but the crab cake was profoundly disappointing. For a $40+ entree, I was expecting lump and not backfin meat. it was smothered in some type of sauce that did nothing for it.
- We celebrated my daughter'sTraciMDined on 2/9/2014We celebrated my daughter's 16th birthday - everyone enjoyed everything!Special Features:
- Unhappy with serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014I am a 20 year old college student who has much experience in serving. I was extremely disappointed in my service, especially because I was recommended this restaurant solely because of the great service that was provided. I brought my best friend here to celebrate her birthday and she and I agree that we felt nothing but belittled the entire time. Our waiter was very unenthusiastic and seemed angry that we were there possibly because he assumed he wouldn't be getting a good tip. As for the food it was OK. The lobster was very overdone and I was not at all impressed. I do however think I would come here again because I believe in second chances. Hopefully my second time is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for special occasionsPickyDiner22Dined on 2/4/2014I love this place for special occasions. The wait staff is professional but friendly and helpful. They allow you to set the pace of your meal but keep an eye on the water glasses and any needs you might have but don't hover. Tony, our waiter, even noticed it was a special occasion and added a candle to our dessert -- very understated but a lovely thought. It is an elegant setting. The bar, although quiet, has imaginative martinis and tasty tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant OverwhelmedCouldeatalldayVIPDined on 2/1/2014I was not at all please with my experience at Gibralter. The service was very slow and unattentive. We all had empty water glasses, needed new drinks and had to ask twice to get a replacement knife. The hostess didn't even acknowledge us when we got to the restaurant because she was busy hanging up coats and seating other people (maybe they should get a 2nd host on Saturdays?) When the food finally came it was okay but not worth the wait. When we were finished eating we sat for 25 minutes without being offered coffee or dessert and ultimately had to chase down our server to get our check. It took over two hours to eat and we were not planning for a long-leisurely dinner. I will not be returning on a Saturday night anytime soon.
- Great foodDubsterDined on 2/1/2014Had a pleasant experience w/ great food and surroundings. Service was slow to start because of a mix up among servers, but when it was straightened out our service was excellent. They even compensated us w/ a round of drinks on the house. They made us feel important and special............and the food was HOT when it came out which was important to us. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.