Twin Owls Steakhouse
800 MacGregor Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Twin Owls Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twinowls.net/
- Phone: 9705869344x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open Weekends Only: Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting at 5pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brant Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Steakhouse has a variety of private dining rooms all with log walls and massive stone fireplaces. We can accommodate private parties from 10 to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra 9702154544x
A word from Twin Owls Steakhouse
The Twin Owls Steakhouse is a beautiful log cabin built in the 20's. It has a warm candlelit ambiance and 3 moss rock fireplaces. We feature on our menu various steaks, seafood, game, poultry and more starting at $11.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Twin Owls Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
Twin Owls Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (136)romantic (118)scenic view (108)fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (47)notable wine list (47)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good but not exceptionalGuyWireDined on 7/15/2014The best part of the meal was the appetizer. The mushrooms and the cheese plate were delicious. The steaks were tender but not as flavorful as at other steakhouses. I put that down to Twin Owls method of cooking - pan searing. If you're looking for a dry-rubbed grilled steak, you may be disappointed. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was cozy. The setting was beautiful. We would come again but try something else next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Waiter was detached, not interested in clearing table. Scallops were great. Lamb chops were so-so.
- I would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014We went there to celebrate our anniversary. I really don't understand the accolades the restaurant has received. I ordered the special, which was a beef tenderloin. My husband ordered the ribeye. The meat was cooked as requested, however there was surely nothing special about the flavoring. Half of both our plates were covered with potatoes, different kinds. The plates appeared to have been jostled before the food was presented. Although several of the wait staff were friendly, ours was stone-faced the entire time he served us, and he was slow. Not a good experience. We would never go back.
- Disappointed in foodkiteflyer22Dined on 7/13/2014Service was outstanding..enjoyed beet salad; Prime Rib was a reheat-expected a good meaty flavor and tender texture, not this dish; vegetables not edible; creme brulee was tasteless. The New York Au Poivre was disappointing-it was not executed well; same vegetable not edible... We looked forward to eating at the Twin Owls Steakhouse; our first visit was outstanding in every way. This visit was a disappointment...Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014We had been looking for a nice place for dinner in Estes and we found. With a comfy decor, good wine list and very well prepared food made for an overall great dinner. Mushroom appetizer in particular was very good as was the prime rib.Special Features:
- Upscale dining in a mountain lodgeGrumpyJoeDined on 7/12/2014The Twin Owls Steakhouse is located just out of town from Estes Park, CO. It's just enough out of town to really enjoy the wonderful mountain views. From the moment we walked in the service was attentive and personal, we never felt like we were just another couple. My wife had elk and I had buffalo and we both truly enjoyed our meals ~ the meat was very tender. We'll definately return here again for our special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting is great!WantedMoreDined on 7/11/2014...but food was average, service slow -- took forever to get drinks (that were smaller than at bar and more expensive). Decor/ambiance is great, but food was disappointing (a tough ribeye?).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NikiNikiDined on 7/10/2014We had a wonderful time! The service was impeccable, the food divine, and setting was wonderful. We will definitely make Twin Owls our number one dining spot. We are eager to try the bar and lunch, but expect the experience to be as good as our first trip here.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Elk medallions were superb! Scallops were also excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRachelleDined on 7/9/2014We especially enjoyed the bacon-wrapped scallops appetizer and the lobster and filet entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceNorth2southDined on 7/8/2014Terrific ambiance, service, and food. Side salads had nice mix of greens and veggies. Husband had the elk medallions (melt on your mouth) with sweet potatoes, 10 yr old son devoured the hamburger, and I had the flaky fresh trout with wild rice. Stuffed portobellos for app were tasty. 7 yr old had chicken strips but wasn't impressed. I tried them and they were great. Tasted like homemade. Wine list excellent with local listings. You'll spend a little more but it's worth it. Make sure you're hungry-ample food portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place, dinner in Estes ParkMarschkeReviewsDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I wanted to do something special for my visiting sister and her husband. On several previous occasions we had dinner at the Twin Owls Steakhouse. This is fine dining. The wait staff (ladies and gentlemen) always have interesting stories. Our waitress was originally from Argentina and had lots to say about the soccer World Cup (Argentina won against the Netherlands that day). A wonderful menu, the ambiance of a log home structure, and outstanding service. The restaurant was very gracious despite my having made the reservation on Open Table for the day before we wanted to dine! Highly recommend. Robert F. Marschke, Jr. and Diane A. MarschkeSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DelightAnniversaryDelightDined on 7/7/2014Wonderful place to celebrate an occasion. Food was fantastic and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2EatDined on 7/6/2014We expected (and paid for) a fine dining experience. Pros: Service was good, wine and beer list extensive with local micro-brew offerings, atmosphere mountain rustic but giving an impression of high-end. Cons: The actual food. Presentation wasn't even attempted, vegetable combination was totally strange and a large pile of items that didn't really compliment each other. Entrée meat (local bison) was poorly cut and cooked - should've been the highlight. Entrée fish (local trout) was bland and also poorly presented.Special Features:
- WonderfulWhitneyDined on 7/6/2014Everything from the ambiance to the wait staff to the wine, salads, main dishes and desserts were wonderful! If we had gotten an appetizer I'm sure that would have been wonderful too. It may be priced a little higher, but it was well worth it. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFrisco2k2Dined on 7/3/2014Seen the high rating: service was very very slow, food was just ok, and kids everywhere.Special Features:
- delicious!luvsteakDined on 7/2/2014I've been to owl several times over a number of years and it never disappoints. I had the prime rib this visit and it was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GriffeDined on 7/2/2014The charm of the place, the quality of the food, the friendliness of the wait staff, and the commitment to excellence of the management make THE TWIN OWLS one of the gems of the Estes Valley.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary GetawayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014We reserved a table for our anniversary and the restaurant went above and beyond. They accommodated our request for a window table and brought us complimentary champagne. The staff was very professional and the service was excellent. Great rantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty averagencm23Dined on 6/30/2014It felt like because it is peak travel season in a tourist town, they didn't need to try very hard. The server was extremely ho-hum, with little personality or enthusiasm for her job, like she had better things to do other than serve us dinner. The wine list is small, the salads are iceberg lettuce with dressing poured on top, and the entrees just aren't special. My ribeye was covered with so many onions, in a blatant attempt to cover up a poor cut of meat. It was thin and of low quality, and not worth the price, served with unseasoned boiled vegetables. The green chile mashed potatoes were the best part of the meal. My wife had the elk medallions, which were tender and decent. Not much to be excited about; the experience was disappointing.Special Features:
- RudyDined on 6/29/2014What a wonderful restaurant. We celebrated our forty fourth anniversary and were wonderfully surprised with a glass of champagne. Our waiter made some suggestions on our appetizer, and what a nice choice. He was very attentive and made us feel as if we were regulars. If anyone ever visits Estes Park and doesn't have a meal at Twin Owl's Steakhouse they have missed a lot. I would rate them on a scale of one to ten as a fifteen. What a delightful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodguyRDDined on 6/29/2014I highly reccommend! Great food and service! The food was perfectly cooked and the server was on too of his game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Quaint, intimate, historic and warm. Special night out!Special Features:
- MtnPrincessMtnPrincessDined on 6/27/2014Our favorite date night restaurant in Estes Park. Perfect food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale in Estes ParkNebraskaNPDined on 6/27/2014We were looking for a restaurant away from busy Main Street with great food and found it at the Twin Owls. The elk was fabulous as was the trout and salmon appetizer. Nice wine list. Beautiful view if you can sit near window. Definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UncleNeilDined on 6/24/2014Perfectly prepared entrees and dessert. Nice variety of wine selections. Very polite and accommodating staff. A do not miss!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Timelove2eatDined on 6/24/2014We had a wonderful time celebrating out sister-in-laws 20th anniversary. The waiter when he found out we were there for an anniversary brought us each a glass of champagne.Special Features:
- twin owls worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014On vacation in Estes Park with family. Enjoyed the atmosphere, and appreciated the rare occurrence of the waiter providing menus to the ladies first. Food was very good and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014Excellent experience. Will go back again when in Estes Park!Special Features:
- Homerun!TheBeavDined on 6/22/2014My husband and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at Twin Owl. It was very romantic. They sat us at a romantic table in the loft... served us champagne... really made it special. The food was excellent and the chocolate mousse cake was AMAZING-- although we had to take it home because we were too full of elk and lobster to eat it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDolansDineDined on 6/22/2014My husband made reservations here for our anniversary. All in all it was a great meal. They gave us complimentary champagne. The food was really good. Our waiter was okay. He disappeared a lot and forgot my husband's salad. He didn't realize until he brought our main course because he was no where to be seen while we waited. He did take both salads off and offered free desert, so it was okay. I guess the problem I had was that I saw him outside once and I saw him standing in the kitchen when someone had the door open and he was eating something. The table next to us was also a little irritated and kept saying, where did he go? It was a very nice evening though.Special Features:
- One of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We've visited twin owns as long as you have been there---it's my 66th summer in Estes Park. We like it all, esp. them window seats. Thurmond WilliamsonSpecial Features:
- Not quite thereJuanZDined on 6/21/2014I have been to this location a number of times and very much enjoy the ambiance and all of the staff. This time the food just did not rise to the level I usually expect. Had the special, "Alaskan Cod"; cod with a potato crust and a cherry sauce. Needed to drop the sauce, brought nothing to the dish and the crust was soggy because of it. We also order the scallops and they were overdone and it seemed that what ever was cooked in the pan before was still there. Hate giving the meal a negative review but I can say that I will be back. Still Love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- End to our vacationCharlie28Dined on 6/20/2014My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice place to put a cap on our vacation. What a great find this place was and you couldn't ask for a better setting in the mountains. Staff was very knowledgeble about the wine and food choices. Food was nicely prepared. Everything from steak and fish to elk and lobster tail. We really ejoyed ourselves and it was such a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average food with a high priceSouthcreekDined on 6/20/2014A little below average food, good menu with a high price and great ambiance - take it for what it is.Special Features:
- Twin Owls is terrificfoodisgoodDined on 6/19/2014We had reservations to celebrate our anniversary, having dined at the same location 19 years ago. The restaurant had held aside a table with one of the best views for us as a surprise treat, but the prior party didn't seem to want to leave so we had to wait quite awhile. But it was worth it and the staff was very friendly. The elk medallions are amazing. The local Colorado wine was also. Great service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great MealAZmikeVIPDined on 6/18/2014The elk tenderloin medallions could not have been any more tender. A very nice log cabin atmosphere. Our only issue was that we were in with 2 large groups of 12+ and our order took a while but they very graciously comped a dessert for us for our wait. Didn't have to do that but it was appreciated. Would highly recommend Twin Owls.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoFishLoverDined on 6/18/2014The venue is beautiful, the food...eh. I ordered the salmon dinner, my husband had the trout. Poor guy...he spent the whole time from the 1st bite to the last picking out bones. They give you a lg scoop of something that was so bad we couldn't eat it. I think it was suppose to be rice but was nasty with corn and beans in it too. The only good thing we ate was the fish. The bread had no flavor, the salads were OK but had to be purchased separately and the vegs. were undercooked. The 2 meals cost over $70. with a tip. So not worth it. The waitress was attentive and did a good job. We would never eat here again.Special Features:
- Best Dining in Estes ParkEPlocaldinerDined on 6/14/2014In spite of the fact that it was a very busy Father's Day Weekend and there was a wedding party in the large private room, food and service were excellent. I had requested a table with a view and it was ready for us when we arrived; our out of town guests were especially appreciative of the ambiance. Our party of seven (five from out of town) had wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasionAlong4theRideDined on 6/12/2014I read many reviews before picking a place for our anniversary dinner and this seemed to be the place. Let's just say we were not disappointed!! We had a reservation and only had to wait a couple of minutes for our table. The waitress was very polite and patient with me while I fumbled through the wine list, she even helped me make a great choice for my meal. There was a gentleman playing the guitar that really added a special something to the feel for the room. The restaurant wasn't big, but the tables weren't on top of each other either. My husband and I's meals came out quick-while we were still enjoying the yummy warm bread and olive oil mixture. Both of our meals were delicious and save room for desert!Special Features: