Twin Owls Steakhouse
800 MacGregor Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
Twin Owls Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.twinowls.net/
- Phone: 9705869344x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Open 7 days a week. Reservation suggested.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brant Price
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Steakhouse has a variety of private dining rooms all with log walls and massive stone fireplaces. We can accommodate private parties from 10 to 200.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra 9702154544x
A word from Twin Owls Steakhouse
The Twin Owls Steakhouse is a beautiful log cabin built in the 20's. It has a warm candlelit ambiance and 3 moss rock fireplaces. We feature on our menu various steaks, seafood, game, poultry and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Twin Owls Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Estes Park ›
Twin Owls Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (146)romantic (129)scenic view (108)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (53)notable wine list (50)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- I love this restaurant! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2010I love this restaurant! The natural beef is wonderful, and the service is top notch! The setting can't be beat either; quite beautiful, and the lodge feel of the place is accentuated by the roaring fire in the centrally located fireplace. A wonderful special occasion restaurant! Very highly recommended!Special Features:
- Wonderful, friendly, personalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2010Wonderful, friendly, personal service in a warm, comfortable setting. We were greeted and seated by the owner. We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary and, when we revealed the occasion, were given complementary glasses of champaign. We've been to many restaurants in Estes Park, and, to celebrate an occassion or simply have a gourmet meal in a wonderful setting, this is THE place to go so far as we are concerned.Special Features:
- We had a decent meal but oneDrewVIPDined on 12/11/2010We had a decent meal but one one that wow'd us. The facility was clean and well organized and the staff was courteous and prompt.
- My son has eaten at restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2010My son has eaten at restaurants in many countries, and says Twin Owls is the best in the world. We love taking guests there. Our server David did an outstanding job, unobtrusively.Special Features:
- We have lived in Estes ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2010We have lived in Estes Park for 17 years and have dined at Twin Owls several times. It is a great place to entertain guests, and we have recommended it to anyone we've encountered who asked about dining.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2010Everything was wonderful and we had an excellent waiter. He made our evening very special. We will be back & will highly recommend Twin Owls to our friends.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/19/2010Beautiful restaurant and the food was fabulous. I'll definitely be back!
- Just so-so. Not bad, not great.onemillion500VIPDined on 11/13/2010Just so-so. Not bad, not great. For the price, not worth it.
- Our dinner at the Twin OwlsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010Our dinner at the Twin Owls Steakhouse in Estes Park was wonderful. It was a bit cold that nite & the log structure before us had a very welcoming feel. Once inside,the atmosphere was rustic, with a dominating fireplace set against a huge wall of stone. The warm and cozy log cabin feel was present throughout, and we were sat at a table in the location we had requested. Both prime rib & rib-eye were cooked to perfection and extremely tender. Side portions were quite generous, and the warm bread was delicious. They have a fairly extensive wine list, with recommendations of pairings beside each entree on the menu. We look forward to returning to Twin Owls for our next special occasion. Perhaps we'll have room saved for dessert next time.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere. Elk-kabobOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010Nice atmosphere. Elk-kabob appetizer was great! Steaks may have been great, couldn't tell. Smothered in so much sauce that it was hard to taste the meat. For the price of the steak, we would prefer to savor the cut itself a little more and allow the sauces/rubs to be content in a subtle, supporting role. Service was ok, but not particularly welcoming. All-in-all, it's a nice restaurant, but we were not convinced the overall experience was on par with the pricing.Special Features:
- Unfortunately our dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010Unfortunately our dining experience was not great. It was our 23rd wedding anniversary and I booked this place as a surprise for my husband. Although the table was very cute, tucked away in a corner on the balcony, we felt as though we were forgotten. The table candle-lamp was never lit, and the bread did not appear until minutes before our meals arrived. Was disappointed that the ads for this place mention pasta and yet there was only one choice of pasta on the menu. It had not been drained properly and was nothing more than a watery green mess in the bowl. My husband's steak he said was very ordinary. Dessert was also a huge disappointment, dessert tray appeared unappetising. Walked away still hungry.
- The decoration and lightingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010The decoration and lighting were great. It had a high class feel with several fire places. The wine selection was very good. I got a Cab and my wife got a Riesling from Estes Park. Both were very good and a good price. Dinner was not so good. I ordered the Filet and it as like chewing leather. It was drenched it some kind of butter sauce that had a good flavor but way to much on the steak. My wife ordered the Ribeye and it was equally as tough. Service was great, but food was terrible... definitely will not be back!
- My wife and I had our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at this location not knowing what to expect. We took the advice of locals who live in the area. They were 100% correct, excellent dining location for special events or just for a special night out. Because it was out anniversary we each received a complimentary glass of champagne. It was a woonderful experience that we would not hesitate to repeat or recommend.Special Features:
- We have been to Twin OwlsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2010We have been to Twin Owls many times, and once again, it was a great visit. I was sorry to see the bar area changed. We have enjoyed sitting quietly in the few booths that were there.Special Features:
- Twin Owls was such a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2010Twin Owls was such a treat out! We had great service from Karen and she was able to be truthful and honest on recommendations and she was very personable. We loved our wines and the only thing my husband and I disagreed on was the amount of cheese in the French Onion. I would have loved more but it was delicious and not too salty. I enjoyed the stuffed pork chops and they were perfectly moist and seasoned. My husband had the Ribeye and it too was perfect! Great desserts and the Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake is superb! Everything was great, but get there early because it fills up fast! Excellent service great staff!Special Features:
- The filet was the house specialtytinaDined on 10/30/2010The filet was the house specialty and was flavorless as was the prime rib. The beef did not measure up to the advertising. Nice place, good service, good wine and cocktails...poor main courses.
- We had a fantastic dinnerzengeminiVIPDined on 10/28/2010We had a fantastic dinner here. A very attentive waiter, fantastic food in a beautiful wood lodge. Kids are still talking about the desserts. LOVED the healthier options on the kids menu and loved the flexibility of the kitchen with some of the preparations. We would definitely recommend and will go back. FYI: call ahead, they're closing for the season.Special Features:
- We visited the twin owls steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2010We visited the twin owls steakhouse on our honeymoon in estes park. We were surprised to only have an option of drinking wine, my husband and I do not drink any alcohol. The food was fair but the portion size was not comparable to the prices we paid! Being that this was our honeymoon we expected a nice table with a Beautiful view, however we were stuck at a small table in the corner. We were very dissatisified with our experience at this establishment.
- WOW! The Twin Owls SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2010WOW! The Twin Owls Steakhouse was a very pleasant surprise for fine dining in Estes Park. I would highly recommend the dining experience to anyone visiting Estes Park. The food was excellent and the service was great. Thank you for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- The was outstanding! ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2010The was outstanding! There was an explosion of flavor in my mouth with each bite. The lights are bit bright/overwhelming.Special Features:
- Food was great except theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2010Food was great except the baked potato was cold and the steaks, which were ordered medium, came rare. Everything else was nicely prepared. All in all, one of the better places in Estes Park.Special Features:
- I'm not a big steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2010I'm not a big steak house person, but the Twin Owls was quite nice. We ate there for our first anniversary. The Elk medallions were amazingly tender. The roasted duck was very nice also. We started with the brie en croute... which, while hard to mess up was one of the better one's have had in a restaurant. Sorry I can't comment on desert. We didn't make it that far.Special Features:
- It was a pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2010It was a pleasant dining experience! Will definitely suggest this restaurant to friends, relatives, etc...Special Features:
- We were looking forward toRichDined on 10/16/2010We were looking forward to our dinner at Twin Owls as it had been recommended by my son. We were pleased that the resturaunt is in a rustic log house that is well-decorated. The service was outstanding in every respect, but the food was not quite as good as we expected. I had the ribeye steak and it was too thin a cut and was not medium rare as I had requested. Further, the flavor was... shall we say odd since it was smothered in onions. The vegetables and baked sweet potato were excellent. The wine selection and prices were good. My wife had the salmon and it was very tasty but the portion was smaller than expected. We would return there again but would order something else.Special Features:
- It was a perfect way to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2010It was a perfect way to celebrate a special birthday. Our Russian waiter was charming and provided top notch service. The martini was perfect!!!! The food was excellent in every way. The atmosphere was rustic, yet delightful. The large stone fireplace gave a wonderful warmth. A truly wonderful evening. Would eat here everytime we visit Estes Park.Special Features:
- We really liked this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2010We really liked this restaurant. We went online to its website and first made a reservation (at around 6:30) for 7pm. When we got there, there were people who didn't make a reservation ask about the wait time and the host said about 45 minutes; we waited about 5 and we got seated. So make a reservation, it'll be your best shot. At first our waiter was a little slow in getting to us, but one of the managers came by and got our drinks and took our order, which was promising. My wife ordered the elk, and I ordered the filet -- both were absolutely incredible. 6 out of 5 stars. We decided to get dessert, and to be honest, I wouldn't get dessert there. It wasn't as good as the main. Overall, a wonderful (but pricey) restaurant.Special Features:
- Loved this place! I triedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2010Loved this place! I tried elk for the first time and compeletely enjoyed the black bean stuffed pork tenderloin. The bartender gave us a mini wine tasting so we could select the perfect bottle of wine. (Cline Cashmere is now one of my favorites.) Everything from the ambience to the service was delightful. Put Twin Owls at the top of your list!Special Features:
- Cool place - loved the "oldness"OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2010Cool place - loved the "oldness" of the cabin. Experience was great, service fine, food just okay. Not terrible but not great. We had the elk kabobs as appetizer and both had the ribeye. My impression was that I was eating steak that you buy in the bulk pack at the grocery store. It was a rib eye, but in my opinion, ribeyes should be cut no less than 2 inches thick. These were at most 1 inch. Also, I like my steaks grilled and these looked and tasted like they were fried on the griddle (no black marks anyway at all). So, in a nutshell, this is probably decent food for Estes Park, but I wouldn't go back for the steak. Go, just don't expect food to die for. We had a bottle of wine as well and bill came to just over $100.
- We loved the location andblueskyDined on 10/2/2010We loved the location and rustic building. The food was good but I would have liked to see more local flavor in the menu.Special Features:
- We chose this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2010We chose this restaurant for our anniversary. The elk appetizer we shared was okay. However, the prime rib and rib-eye were both very poor quality meat...tender but completing lacking flavor. Based on pricing and their classification as "fine dining," we expected much better than we received. I would not return to this restaurant nor would I recommend it to anyone.
- to many personal is runningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2010to many personal is running around and disturb the ambiente. some more quiteness would be the stay more comfortable
- Very good food served well.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2010Very good food served well. Creative cooking. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2010My wife and I had a great anniversary dinner at Twin Owls. The waitress was excellent. They had some champagne for us since I mentioned the occasion on the online reservation. The food was exceptional from the combination appetizer tray we had to my Buffalo steak and my wife's filet. Melt in your mouth flavorful steaks and beautiful preparation and presentation. The service was great even thou they had two large wedding parties that night. We had planned to eat there again during our 4 day stay in Estes Park, but did not get back until late from a day trip. I will eat there again on my next trip to Estes Park just for the food. I can't imagine a better steak house in Estes Park. I gave them a great revue also on trip advisor.Special Features:
- We were celebrating our 40thOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2010We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful table by the window. It is a charming rustic log building and the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- My wife and I had a fantasticLuv2dineDined on 9/17/2010My wife and I had a fantastic time at your restauraunt Friday evening 9/17/2010 at 6pm. The atmosphere was great and the wait crew was very professional. We will come back again. We both were surprised how reasonable the price was for a very nice bottle of wine and two meals. We will recommend Twin Owls Steakhouse to our friends and family. Thank you again for the wonderful time.Special Features:
- This is the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2010This is the best restaurant in Estes Park I know of. I had the fillet and my wife had the NY Strip. Both were cooked to perfection and tested great. We had the Elk, Scallop and stuffed Mushroom appetizer which was very nice. The bartender recommended the steaks to us and I'm glad we listened to him. The lodge like atmosphere is perfect here and it's nice it's a real lodge not something invented to look old. The server was great and was the perfect mix of attentiveness without smothering. We really enjoyed ourselves and much prefer this over the Dunraven.Special Features:
- Probably the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2010Probably the best restaurant in Estes Park CO. Not truly a steak house with a wide range of menu choices. The trout was very good with appropriate side dishes. Because we could not finish our dinner, our server was kind enough to pack leftovers for lunch for the next day, in the nearby Rocky Mountain National Park with napkins and wipes. Nice representative wine list.Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2010My wife and I enjoyed the experience! This was our first outing in ~16 months so were looking for a place to just be without our 4 kids. I managed a steak restaurant for 12 years prior to being an engineer for the past 23 years. Service: We had reservations for 7PM made that morning at around 10AM. Our table set just outside the exit to the kitchen door, was still quiet, but much traffic. Making reservations did not get us the best seat in the house but the worst. Wait staff was proficient but the bus man was new and made many mistakes including leaving water on the floor for people to slide on and not picking up plates when he walked past. Food: Great - A med-rare steak - first time in years. My wife’s tilapia was prefectSpecial Features:
- She loved it! Beautiful setting!MikeVIPDined on 9/6/2010She loved it! Beautiful setting! Service warm and friendly, menu varied! This is a standout in a town of subpar offerings!Special Features:
- Loved it ! We had been thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2010Loved it ! We had been there on other time & would certainly go again !Special Features: