Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
One West 59th Street
The Plaza Hotel, Concourse Level
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theplazany.com/dining/todd-english-food-hall//
- Phone: 2129869260x
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10:00 PM Sunday through Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Stephen Crocker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: www.theplazany.com/dining/todd-english-food-hall//
- Special Events: For Private events of over 20 people or more please contact
Ali Kayhan, The Director of Sales and Events. We can accommodate events up to 1000 people and also offer off premise catering.
Office number: 212.546.5464
A word from Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
The Plaza launched a European-inspired specialty Food Hall created in collaboration with acclaimed chef and restaurateur Todd English. The Todd English Food Hall offers a diverse range of quality specialty foods and prepared dishes for take away or to enjoy in one of eight seating areas, including: Wine Bar, Cheese & Charcuterie Station, Sushi Bar, Burger Bar & Rotisserie, Asian Noodle and Dumpling Bar, Pasta Bar, Brick Oven Pizza, and a Fish and Seafood Grill. Private Dining is available for receptions for up to 300 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (34)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (10)hot spot (7)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great food, service was ok,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/14/2012great food, service was ok, not great for larger parties. Sat at a counter top with 5 people which made it difficult to converse and it was right next to a grill, so it was hot.
- Service is VERY slow and justOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2012Service is VERY slow and just TOO LOUD . They nned better acousticsSpecial Features:
- As a regular for the lastManhattan1VIPDined on 4/10/2012As a regular for the last several months I have experienced a steady decline in the restaurant. The food has declined to basically a step above a diner, the service is slow at best and overall value for the dollar has dropped markedly. The initial buzz and experience was that of a high energy, interesting dining experience. Now it is just a more humdrum, quick stop for dinner - a good alternative to home delivery, but not by much. Disappointing to say the least.
- Tucked in the lower levelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/4/2012Tucked in the lower level of The Plaza, this is a chic room with delicious and beautifully presented small plates.Special Features:
- How disappointing. Food wasNYCpetdocDined on 4/1/2012How disappointing. Food was thoroughly mediocre; risotto and brussel sprouts both tasted reheated without any depth of flavor. All dishes came out at different times, so it is impossible to politely wait for other members of your table to get their food while still being able to eat yours while it's warm. I've had better meals from a package. As a New Yorker, perhaps I'm not the target audience for the Plaza Food Hall, and people just go there for the experience of being in the Plaza? Either way, Todd English should be ashamed to attach his name to this place.
- The concept is cool & theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2012The concept is cool & the place is full of energy. I thought the cocktails were good but the food was just ok. Lots of variety but lacking a lot of flavor.
- There is something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/25/2012There is something for everyone here! And it is all delicious! I only wish that I could have tried more items on the menu. I loved trying some Italian items, some turkey sandwich sliders, and next time I can't wait to try the risotto tater tots!Special Features:
- This is the third time weNYCFoodieVIPDined on 3/23/2012This is the third time we have been at the Food Hall and the first time we have been in the new section. We were seated promptly and the new section was pretty sparsely seated and not too noisy. The food was very good, as it has been during our previous visits. The main issue was the service. It took 10-15 minutes before our waiter made it to our table to offer drinks. Fortunately, it seemed to go better after that, but for a restaurant of this caliber which seems to be adequately staffed, that is just too long.Special Features:
- excellent food and a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/21/2012excellent food and a great variety. love it. gets noisy and you may end up sitting at a counter watching a chef chopping raw fish which isnt the best seat in the house but otherwise, a great meal.Special Features:
- Have been many times. ThatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/16/2012Have been many times. That evening was not great. Service was slow, although, it was not full. My husband ordered a lasagna, I ordered clams. After a while, they brought his dish. I had to wait another ten minutes, tofind out they were out of clams. The maitre d'h then proposed a cheese plate. He did not charge me for it and gave us two glasses of wine. It was a bad evening. We shall give them another chance
- Not what I had hoped thoughYummyVIPDined on 3/16/2012Not what I had hoped though the food was good. We had an open table reservation and when we tried to add two more people to it (my daughter telephoned), they said they were booked. When we got there they had a completely open room because they had just had a big party and werent certain when it would end. So, they lost lots of bookings. Silly on their part. Too noisy in the end but the service was good and food interesting. Not sure I would go back.
- There always seems to be aNY123VIPDined on 3/9/2012There always seems to be a problem when getting seated. Even now with a reservation always disorganized at front. Can't seem to figure out where to seat people. Now even more confusing with the new section. This just starts what should be a good experience on a bad note. Joe your cheese professional makes the best cheese platters of all the staff.Special Features:
- Another wonderful experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/2/2012Another wonderful experience, another great meal. Everything I have ever eaten here is always fabulous. It is a great place to enjoy many different types of food, all served to perfection.Special Features:
- I enjoyed it. It's a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/26/2012I enjoyed it. It's a nice setting. Warm and cozy. We had a reservation and the hostess said she would go get us a good spot. It was very early and empty. She sat as at the side of the raw bar next to the sink. A chef was chopping seafood with a huge knife and it was a bit scary. We should have moved but didn't. I'm not sure why she would make a big fuss about these great seats and then give us obviously the worst seats in the house when it was empty. (And we had reservations).
- What's more New York thanOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2012What's more New York than being at The Plaza! I've been here for lunch and dinner. The space is beautiful and lively and the fiod delicous however they've expanded the space and the staff seem to get a little overwhelmed at its busiest. That said I may not go back again on a Saturday night but will absolutely be back!!Special Features:
- Great Place!CaroDined on 2/19/2012It was a great food experience in New York for us.Special Features:
- Great location in the basementAgec99Dined on 2/18/2012Great location in the basement of the Plaza Hotel, a little bit claustrophobic, but high energy. Good prices on food, especially for midtown. The menu was interesting, but the food itself not as tasty as we were hoping. All in all a good experience, but not sure I'd go back.Special Features:
- The Plaza Foodhall is oneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2012The Plaza Foodhall is one of my favorite NYC food spots. The atmosphere is casual and energetic. It's great to go with picky friends since they have something for everyone! Some of my menu favorites are the TE Sliders, Greek Salad, Two Way Tuna Roll, and Shrimp Dumplings. Although I don't find most of their desserts as outstanding as the food, the CurlyCakes (cupcakes) are amazing and rival any of the cupcake shops in the city. Service is always great and the food is consistently good. I usually share things with the people I'm there with but always try to order one new thing each time! Bravo, Tood English!Special Features:
- Great food, average serviceHermanVIPDined on 2/11/2012Better food and less commotion than Eatlay. Because the servers are constantly running the length of the room, service is slow and intermitmant. Still don't like sitting on bar stools for hours but overall it is very good food and since we had the time we could relax about the service. We ahd the mushroom pasta and the foie gras, as well as the tuna tacos and an argula salad. The carrot cake dessert was very nice. We will go here again.Special Features:
- I love the Food Hall. It isLo354VIPDined on 2/6/2012I love the Food Hall. It is energetic and the food is amazing!Special Features:
- What a wonderful and cheeryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/31/2012What a wonderful and cheery place to eat. There is tons of selection in terms of food and much of it is delicious. You have the benefit of having many different kiosiks but there is no need to get up. The restuarant has a knowledge staff who encourages sharing to make the most of the diverse selection. Think Eately but without the zoo.Special Features:
- I had been her before andRussellVIPDined on 1/27/2012I had been her before and had more postive experiences. Getting a second glass of wine was difficult. Food was inconsistant this visit. Great baked oysters and lamb ragu gnocci but poor pastrami.
- The butternut squash raviolithompso2VIPDined on 1/27/2012The butternut squash ravioli is phenomenal, and the Mississippi mud pie is non-traditional but scrumptious. The rest of the food we had was good, but couldn't quite live up to the pasta.Special Features:
- great place to go when youOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/25/2012great place to go when you have a group with varied tastes. Great atmosphere, sat at the bar at the pizza bar.Special Features:
- This is not your traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/20/2012This is not your traditional restaurant with tables and chairs. You sit in stations i.e.pasta, sushi, wine,etc and the other tables are high tops. The food selection was varied and although I only had a burger and a cupcake I enjoyed each immensely.Special Features:
- it has gotten too popularOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/12/2012it has gotten too popular and too large. it has lost some of its charm with its expansionSpecial Features:
- sad, sad service all 3 times I've bOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/9/2012I've been here 3 times and the service is abysmal. Slow and fairly inattentive. There were 3 of us and our food all came out at different times. The 3rd person in our party was served about 10 minutes after the rest of us. They have some major kinks to work out here. None of the employees seem happy to be working here. The waitress didn't know the price of the specials she described.
- I absolutely LOVED my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2012I absolutely LOVED my first experience at The Plaza Food Hall. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was wonderful. I want to go back soon and experience it all over again and try more food and drink LESS wine this time:)Special Features:
- Overall this place is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/7/2012Overall this place is very disorganized. We had a lovely and hard-working waitress, but she had too many tables and so we were constantly looking for her before she was available to us. Drinks arrived slowly and were almost overrun by the arrival of food that arrived quickly and slowly, so the three of us we constantly out of sync as to what we were eating or drinking. There were several guys walking around wired for sound but it was never clear what they were doing - they were definitely not really helping - make'em waiters!! Food was good but we probably won't go back. They did comp a glass of wine that arrived AFTER I finished my main course. TOO LATE!Special Features:
- Fun, casual, freshRichVIPDined on 12/23/2011Who would have thought there would be such a dynamic, well-run, enjoyable dining experience at the Plaza? After three visits, it is still a fun and exciting venue. Most recently had the duck gyro, which was superb. Flat breads are great, though the center can be soggy. Will keep going back.Special Features: