Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
One West 59th Street
The Plaza Hotel, Concourse Level
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theplazany.com/dining/todd-english-food-hall//
- Phone: 2129869260x
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM - 10:00 PM Sunday through Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Stephen Crocker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: www.theplazany.com/dining/todd-english-food-hall//
- Special Events: For Private events of over 20 people or more please contact
Ali Kayhan, The Director of Sales and Events. We can accommodate events up to 1000 people and also offer off premise catering.
Office number: 212.546.5464
A word from Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall
The Plaza launched a European-inspired specialty Food Hall created in collaboration with acclaimed chef and restaurateur Todd English. The Todd English Food Hall offers a diverse range of quality specialty foods and prepared dishes for take away or to enjoy in one of eight seating areas, including: Wine Bar, Cheese & Charcuterie Station, Sushi Bar, Burger Bar & Rotisserie, Asian Noodle and Dumpling Bar, Pasta Bar, Brick Oven Pizza, and a Fish and Seafood Grill. Private Dining is available for receptions for up to 300 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (21)kid-friendly (17)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (13)hot spot (7)special occasion (6)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- This place is amazing. TheCW3100Dined on 4/4/2014This place is amazing. The menu was off the charts, everything from the cocktails to the entree were outstanding. I wanted to go back the next to try something else. The service was exceptional as well. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this place a strong 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anyone can eat hereKSaxVIPDined on 4/3/2014The great thing about plaza food hall is they have something for everyone. The variety of food is great and the food is delicious. I have eaten here about 10times. The food is consistent and so is the staff. Although it is at the plaza, it is complete non pretentious. It is also very clean- they cook in front of you... which I happen to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had it'e day Come and goneManhattan1VIPDined on 3/31/2014Lackluster service. So so food and otherwise depressing aura leads one to believe that Food Hall's is a shadow of it's original self. The waitstaff in its depressive & uninterested service reflect the quality & boredom of the menu that has stayed the same for a year. Fit for tourists who don't know any better.
- So much to choose fromNlavaVIPDined on 3/31/2014I live near the Plaza and love the food court. It is so great that the large menu offers something for everyone and there are great dishes to share. My only wish would be that the newer part of the food court with the cakes and sweets stays open longer so you could go there afterwards for dessert. One downfall of the Food Court is that depending on where you sit, you will have to get your entire wardrobe dry cleaned due to food smells but that is a small price to pay for this great eatery.Special Features:
- Good Food Nice VenueEra101Dined on 3/26/2014Todd English continues to provide some fun restaurants and good food. I particularly like to go here with groups to get lots of food to taste. Seafood towers are always an excellent starter and fresh made pastas are good to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual DiningFoodieVIPDined on 3/23/2014What mood are you in? Home made pasta? Fish? Steak? Sushi? Tacos? Stir fry? Had them all on different occasions and was never disappointed! You can see everything made before your eyes in the open concept kitchen stations. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Lousy Experience @Food HallMickeyVIPDined on 3/19/2014The food - okay,but mgmt atrocious.For $22 one gets three skimpy sliders on an empty plate with 4 apple slices.No fries?No garnish?A mgr came over to ask if there was a problem.Since my office is1 block away-I am not a 1 and done customer-and I was on a business lunch. I ordered another dish-equally skimpy&very greasy. Then,the kitchen manager came to the table and asked "Is there a problem?" I explained that that the plate was really too large for the small portion, I asked how difficult it would be to put a handful of fries on the plate since the food cost is probably .75. Well--this kitchen manager gave me a lecture on food costs and how I didn't know anything& would't leave. Never going back. Let's talk real cost of arrogant employees.
- Limited Menu AvailabilityQBEBDined on 3/12/2014I love TE, but it's been under new management. The changes are very frustrating to a regular patron. I like it because it's easy & fun, there is something everybody...when it's available. They have changed the charcuterie offerings to "chef's choice", so if you get something you don't like, you're out of luck. You should be able to pick what you want, or it's one chef's choice and the others you can pick. Also, the charcuterie & cheese station was not even available when we went. Not only were these stations closed and unavailable to order, so where about half of the pastas, and the fried rice and noodles. It caused everybody in our party to change their order. Even our server admitted customers are regularly upset by this.
- Plenty at the Plaza1njgalVIPDined on 3/8/2014We received a gift certificate to this restaurant located in the Food Court at the Plaza Hotel, NYC. It is on the lower level. The room is set up with communal tables, and there is something for everyone's taste….from pizza, salads, sushi, entrees…you name it. There was good energy with various parties/families doing their thing and enjoying the environment. As for a dining experience, we prefer private tables and ambiance when we have dinner. Since we had requested table for two, we had an entire communal table all to ourselves. The service was good. The fried oysters were excellent, as was the beet salad. I found the sea bass a bit bland and a pasta dish with ricotta was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Dining with a 9 year oldThumper64Dined on 3/8/2014This restaurant reminded me of Marche in Toronto. The dine-in restaurant had either individual large island like tables, or seats along the cooking areas. It had an energetic feel to it. We shared the FIG & PROSCIUTTO flat bread which has rosemary crust,fig jam, gorgonzola,and prosciutto for $22 to start along with their TE Caesar Salad. It was delicious. They do have a Kids Menu. My daughter had the Mac-N-Cheese which she enjoyed. My husband and I then shared Lobster Mac &Cheese. All was very good. Service was also attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dinner was great, theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014The dinner was great, the only issue I had with the restaurant is that we paid the bill and included an 18% tip but when the charge came through on my credit card, the tip added was 20%. Considering that it was my husband and I only, that was an in expectant and unpleasant surprise. I know that the original tip was decent.Special Features:
- Unique Dining Experience In NYCFeedBriVIPDined on 3/6/2014We had the gluten free pizza and it was amazing, the best I have had. The variety of food available is extensive. As we looked around all of the plates being served looked delicious with nice presentation. It was a Thursday night and busy. Still, our waiter was quite inattentive. He took our order and that was his last visit to the table until our meals were finished. We didn't get a single "How is your meal?" or " Can I get you something else to drink?". I don't think this was a systemic issue as other tables seemed to be getting better service. I think this guy thought I was going to be a bad tipper, which is no excuse. Other: The wine selection here looked good. The beer selection is minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulNYC123Dined on 3/6/2014Worst service. I've been here a few times before so took some guests and was totally embarrassed. Service was truly appalling. Waited 15mins to order, had to ask three times to get water, appetizers came before we got our wine, no one ever came over to ask how we were. Had to flag another waiter down to order dessert. Avoid, which is a shame as th food is good.
- Plaza Food Hall at the PlazastefystefDined on 3/6/2014Went to The Plaza Food Hall for New York City Restaurant Week and had a very nice time. The set up is very interesting with the tables and the food preparation stations nearby. The food was very good, but the Restaurant Week menu was a bit dull and lacking. I had the Pastrami Sandwich and salad and the chocolate cake. That was the best thing on the Prix Fixe menu. I loved the french fries as a side. It is high end dining in a casual, fun environment. Staff was very attentive and so helpful. If you are coming to NYC and want to have a fun dining experience, check out Todd English at The Plaza Food Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmileBellportVIPDined on 3/5/2014Was missing from the hostess to the waiter.... Good food but TERRIBLE SERVICE
- The Todd English at the PlazaMrsJam74Dined on 3/5/2014The Todd English at the Plaza Food Hall was a great experience. I loved the ambience and all of the different food stations. Colleagues and I went for lunch during restaurant week. The portions were very small but worth the $25 for one appetizer, entree and dessert. I would definately go back and order from their regular menu. The service we had was extremely slow though during lunch time. It took about 2 1/2 hours. Overall a great place : )Special Features:
- Todd English at Plaza a treatjasonVIPDined on 3/4/2014We had a light dinner at Todd English in the Plaza Hotel food court, each dish very well done, fresh seafood presented nicely, highly recommend the duck buns and shrimp/scallion dumplings. Service was fine, a little clumsy in recognizing our reservation. While the cost is a bit high it was not unexpected at this venue. The quality of the food and wine was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at Todd EnglishalfieDined on 3/2/2014We had a meal at Todd's last year when we visited NY & we said then, we would definately return. This year's visit, coincided with NY restaurant month & our meal at Todds was not only yummy and morish it was only $38 for 3 courses.( Portions are not 'mansize' - real downside was that 3 glasses of wine was almost the same price as one meal!) however that said, this was the average price for wine at this class of restaurant in NY. Finally , during our week's stay in NY this was by far our favourite 'up market' dinner . ...... And again we will definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff handed a regularclangDined on 3/2/2014The staff handed a regular menu and told us that he didn't know that we came for the restaurant week. That was a bit disappointing since we made reservation for it. Nonetheless, the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made reservations during RestaurantlimasamVIPDined on 3/1/2014Made reservations during Restaurant Week for an early dinner. Generous portions and delicious as well! Attentive service with a great waiter. Will definitely return - convenient to Central Park!Special Features:
- A Foodies HeavenShaniseDined on 2/27/2014Think upscale, adult food court! I was surrounded by food stations and all of the food looked and smelled amazing. The service was great and the atmosphere was great for a ladies night out after work. And I loved the many stations outside of the restaurant. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2014an underwhelming experience; perhaps for the tourist who might think it's a cool thing to do or the twenty something who doesn't know any better or care. If I have gone to the trouble of planning and making a reservation in advance I don't think i should have to line up at the maitre de's station with 20 people who are just dropping by- by the time I we reached him- an officious NY bossy boots type- we were late for our reservation. Food was a long time in coming- there were only 2 of us- one lunch arrived 5 minutes before the other. the salmon, supposed to be cooked medium, was sushi. Waiter inattentive and hard to track down and our clothes reeked of eau de french fry.
- So-So Restaurant Week MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/26/2014The Restaurant Week menu was very disappointing. I have dined here numerous times off the regular menu, which is great, but for Restaurant Week, you expect the restaurant to present a strong offering to entice you to return as a regular menu customer. Todd English whiffed on their Restaurant Menu.Special Features:
- visit during restaurant weekmnk711Dined on 2/24/2014We visited during Restaurant Week on a monday night in February. Service was attentive and professional. It smelled really good with the raw bar and the open kitchen. The lobster corn fritters were delicious- crunchy and flavorful. The beef taco appetizer was a little dry and underseasoned but a nice tortilla. We also had the trio of sliders and the filet mignon & the prime rib sliders were excellent. I had the mussels- the broth with tomatoes and onion made the dish light. It included about 20 mussels. The flan for dessert- Very good. The chocolate flourless cake was a bit dry but had a great dark chocolate flavor and the ice cream was rich, creamy. Next time I would like to try another seafood dish. Drinks were expensive.Special Features:
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014The location is awesome and the food was good. The servers could have been a bit more attentive but it was a good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food hall folliesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014This was our first experience here. It was definitely worth the visit. The food was very good. We were there during NY restaurant week so we took advantage of Prix fixe menu. The selection was great and not just an ordinary plate. The one issue we had was the service. We did not receive our drinks until we were more than halfway through our appetizers. When one of us ordered a second drink during the entree the waiter forgot to bring it until we had nearly completed dessert. While our assigned waiter was less than efficient we suspect that the basic arrangement of multiple food stations scattered around the area also contributed to the inefficient service process.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Secret under the PlazaRBallDined on 2/12/2014The Todd English Food Hall is Central Park South's best kept secret. The atmosphere is familiar to the food hall in Harrods at London; designed with and eclectic feel and multiple food stations. I've been here multiple times since its opening and have yet to dine on a bad meal. The prices are reasonable (given the location), and whether its sushi, pasta, pizza, stir fry, or a plate of artisnal cheeses -- the menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Generally our food was amazing,HermanVIPDined on 2/9/2014Generally our food was amazing, especially the sea bass and the prime rib sliders and the kale salad. The sushi is very fresh. the only glitch that night was the waiter did not realize the ribs were pork instead of beef so a Jewish guest got served pork -- not good -- and dry rubbed was also not that person's particular preference. We did get a replacement entry, but kind of embarrassing. this is the first time with a number of visits to this restaurant that we had an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ExperienceRethguarDined on 2/9/2014Not a good experience - waiter was terrible. We attempted to order a bottle of wine - they were out were out of each of 3 choices. He said our only option was a $65 bottle when our original choices were in the $30-$40 range. He said "what can you do" - what you should have done is get the manager and offer us the more expensive bottle at one of the cheaper prices. He was rude and unprofessional - we ended up leaving and did not eat anything due to this poor service - we told him we were leaving after he came back to our table a fifth time and he walked away without saying anything. I had the curtesy to tell the hostess we were leaving. It would take a lot to get me to go back to this place, and I eat out frequently. Would not recommend.
- Fit for a hotelladylunchDined on 2/5/2014Perfect room service menu--something for everyone, nothing outstanding. Wine seriously overpriced compared to food offerings.
- The Food Hall was our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/1/2014The Food Hall was our favorite place years, but both food and service has fallen off. When the restaurant was not at all full, 3 parties waited while the hostess chatted with a Plaza doorman. Same menu choices for at least 4 years, not even a fresh fish or special to choose from (other than oysters and clams, thank goodnes). The sea bass came well after the other entres and was so overcooked, it was inedible. Peruvian chicken was not cooked through. When we were asked how everything was, both the waiter and the bartender said "ok, great" notwitstanding the fact we said, "hmmm, not so good" and didn't blink when nearly untouched plates were cleared.
- Always AmazingikejrDined on 1/11/2014Always great food so many options great for brunch lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Much Fun!!FITLADYVIPDined on 12/30/2013I love eating at this Food Hall... Such a special treat. As I write, I am still savoring my Shrimp Burger on a Challah roll. Generous in size and so fresh! We watched two outstanding chefs prepare the fish platters before our eyes. A theater event, where everyone has a front row seat! Highly recommended. Best to make a reservation, especially during peak hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food !NayyVIPDined on 12/29/2013I come here a lot I'm in love with the variety of food , They have everything you can think of this is a must go in NYC one of my tops !!!! If your a oyster lover tried the fried oysters the are heaven on a plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual diningNYCDinerVIPDined on 12/28/2013The Plaza Food Hall is a great choice for a meal which is casual, relatively fast, but still very good quality - a combination that is hard to find in the Plaza district. My wife and I had dinner here on a Saturday evening, and although the place was packed, our service was very friendly and the food delicious. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Hall TreatBrianVIPDined on 12/26/2013Took the family to Todd's Food hall and had a great meal - wonderful menu, great service and overall a super dining experience !!Special Features:
- Amazing Todd EnglishTimsym84Dined on 12/26/2013Fantastic ambience and wonderful meal. The goats cheese ravioli was the best thing I ate all holiday and the cocktails made by the busy barmaid (we sat at the bar) were brilliant. Only downside was that they brought out meals when they were ready so I had my meal brought to me about 5 mins before my wife received hers, but I noticed this happened to others around us so assumed this was common practice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!CeilyDined on 12/23/2013Everything about this place is great. We always look forward to our dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedSteveDined on 12/18/2013Decent place, good ambiance and the service was good. The food was a little bland for my liking and overpriced. I understand this is New York, but there are so many other places around to get the same quality and tasting food for a lower price. I would only say to go as a 1 time thing to see the placeSpecial Features:
- Good pastaMidnightRunnerDined on 12/17/2013From recommendation for the waiter who looked like Jay Manuel I ordered the rigatoni with bolognese sauce. Very good and similar to a penne vodka sauce with meat. Not too price but the portion a bit small.Special Features: