Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey
187 Warren Street, Ste. 100
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliasbistro.com/
- Phone: 2013322200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room seats up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Kelley Ryan 2013322200
A word from Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey
Amelia"s Bistro offers new/eclectic contemporary dining experience. Dining room, outdoor patio and private party room are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey - Best Restaurants in Jersey City ›
Amelia's Bistro - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)great for brunch (17)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)romantic (8)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Amazing BrunchLoveSlidersDined on 8/25/2013Would go again in a heartbeat. Delicious brunch with unique options.Special Features:
- Good food but outside was smokeyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2013The food is surprisingly good! Inside was a bit too noisy and outside they let people smoke and there are benches right near where people smoke. The bar is also basic and instead of having a good selection of scotch or bourbon or whatever, they have several varieties of flavored vodka. We had a good meal and an okay time but had to leave more quickly than we would have due to the gathering cloud of smoke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningCsMomDined on 8/16/2013I took my daughter (8) here for dinner. She loves making hummus at the table, and adores the kid's pizza entrée. I enjoyed the crostini, but the arugula salad ROCKS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dateMeNmyGirlDined on 8/2/2013I've eaten here several times a few years back. Always enjoyed the food and friendly service. The dining area is smallish and so are the tables. We asked for a little larger empty table , but were told it was reserved. We pointed to another table .. That was also reserved.. Nobody sat there the whole time we were there . So if you can try and reserve a table for four even if its just two But over all we enjoyed our evening at Amelia'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Always Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2013Parking is really the only problematic thing about going there, and while its ease of access via PATH and Light Rail still wouldn't make it a worthwhile trip for its dining-spoilt neighbors across the river, this is a sure-fire hit for the many urban locals and NJ suburbanites in search of good food from an out-of-ordinary menu, served by a professional, attentive (but not overly) lot of waiters and busboys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/21/2013The crab sliders are excellent. Also Sunday brunch is yummy.Special Features:
- Expected betterSeafoodguyVIPDined on 7/4/2013The fun and food we expected came up a bit short. Admittedly, Amelia's was busy and energetic, but the service was noticeably low and disorganized. The food was slightly better than average. A good standby in the area, butthesearch for great tapas continues.
- Always a pleasureericVIPDined on 6/24/2013Went to amelias on Monday, had the lobster special great deal.Special Features:
- Great SpotFJGJ99Dined on 6/18/2013The service and atmosphere are what makes this spot 5 stars. The food was very good. The portions were solid. There was plenty of parking. A diamond in the ruff. I plan on going back for sure.Special Features:
- We are new to the neighborhood,afarelDined on 6/5/2013We are new to the neighborhood, and are looking for casual dining spots. Amelia's was great. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weeknight dinnerChelsea36Dined on 6/3/2013Great menu, something for everyone, very reasonable prices for the quality. Friendly, knowledgeable, attentive service. Calamari was cooked perfectly, lobster fettuccini was delicious and above average for a creamy lobster sauce with plenty of lobster meat. Finished off with great key lime pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPatriciaDined on 5/19/2013Everything was great about my much needed brunch date. Especially that they held the brunch menu late for me because I was stuck in NY traffic. How great was that?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet FoodSandibeachDined on 5/19/2013Lots of delicious food choices, fresh and well made, go for their Sunday brunch, served until 3 pm! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... Staff tendsElizeDined on 5/16/2013Great food... Staff tends to rush you at times with your order.. however, friendly and professional staff.. Ambience is really good and the restaurant overall fits to my taste and liking..Special Features:
- Unfit for Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/12/2013We've been to Amelia's several times, but our visit on Sunday for Mother's Day was a serious let down. The staff seemed overwhelmed and understaffed for the rush of diners (one waiter admitted as such). It really put a sour note on our evening.Special Features:
- Mother's DayMeikaVIPDined on 5/12/2013I took my Mom there for Mother's Day and she was a little skeptical at first because guest were eating outside w/their pets. The seating was a little tight as people kept brushing up against us and our table in passing. That was pretty annoying but the food was good. It was some place new and I'd go again to try something else on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amelia's Remains a Best Dining SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2013Always friendly, always accommodating and a great kitchen. Food never disappoints and service is one of the best of any restaurant on either side of the Hudson. It is always my first recommendation to people from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicemarkyDined on 5/8/2013Anyone who dines here, ask for the server Ron, perfect serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at AmeliasRoshDined on 5/5/2013I've been to Amelia's before and had liked the food, but had been wanting to try their Sunday brunch which I had heard positive things about. Decided to use my birthday as an occasion to try the brunch and we were not disappointed. Food and drinks were great - i especially loved their bullini's. The only somewhat negative feedback i have was on the very extended wait between the appetizer and the actual service of the main entrees. It was well over an hour which we could not fathom - but they were extremely busy so perhaps that explained it. Our waiter could have explained the delay however which did not happen. Also, if you dislike noise or crowds I strongly recommend you get to brunch before noon - was a zoo by 1:30 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchGerryVIPDined on 5/5/2013We've been to Amelia's a several times before for dinner. We tried brunch this time. The place was packed and the service could not keep up. The manager did his best to make up but the servers weren't cutting it. Food was great. My wife had the pancakes, which were perfectly cooked and tasted great. I had the Guacho eggs, which was also very good. Coffee was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodfdesteDined on 5/4/2013Food was very good.Only drawback was the asparagus it needed to be cooked more.Other than that excellentSpecial Features:
- The service was really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/23/2013The service was really nice and the food was good.Special Features:
- Love this place, consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/19/2013Love this place, consistently good food! Only thing it needs to work on is the wine list...Special Features:
- Items on the Wine and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2013Items on the Wine and Food Menus are not always available. Very poor lighting.Special Features:
- This review is based uponBirthdaygirlVIPDined on 3/31/2013This review is based upon Easter brunch for our family of 7. The food was okay, but we were seated downstairs in what felt like the basement rec room. Service was very attentive. From having had brunch there before I know this restaurant is very busy during Sunday afternoons and perhaps our less than stellar experience can be excused because it was extra busy due to the holiday.
- First time at Emilia's andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013First time at Emilia's and great success. My wife and I were looking for a low key restaurant and stumbled across this little gem. Great variety.Special Features:
- NIce place overall just veryAwesomeDined on 3/9/2013NIce place overall just very loud and hard to hold a conversation. The food was good but not over the top. Would come back again.Special Features:
- We love the bar and gettingSlabbyVIPDined on 3/1/2013We love the bar and getting drinks at Amelia's. It's quiet and the bartenders are really friendly. When we sat for dinner, we were placed in the darkest part of the restaurant. Not a problem, unless you want to read the menu. I had the risotto balls but I could not see what I was eating and I thought the bacon was inside the balls, the bacon was spread over the balls but I couldn't even see the bacon. The rolls are great, but the hummus could have less garlic. We both reeked of it later that night. The paella is really good and I loved it. My date had Lobster Fetticini and she loved it.Special Features:
- Great food and service - aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2013Great food and service - a wonderful brunch environment with old friends.
- Neighborhood GemCFinnDined on 2/14/2013I would go here even if I didn't live in Paulus Hook. Very good food with always outstanding service. Reasonable prices and a decent drink menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife & I had the same opinionRichSDined on 1/21/2013My wife & I had the same opinion of our dining experience at Amelia's: The menu gave us high expectations, but the food wasn't great (we had the octopus, risotto balls, cod, & tuna). Nothing wrong, just not full of the flavor we saw in the ingredients. The wine was good, & the tiramisu was amazing. The service was attentive. The ambiance was good, but we were in a corner that was lit by a candle on the table & some sconces on the wall. I like low light, but it was a little too dark. Overall, I would go back to some other places before this one.Special Features:
- The best time to go to Amelia'sLorennycVIPDined on 1/20/2013The best time to go to Amelia's is for their Sat. and Sun. brunch. Awesome lobster hash with poached eggs, delicious french toast. Lovvve their brunch menu. Service is good. Ambience is frenetic and can be very loud if it's busy. Reservations are needed on the weekends.Special Features:
- Great Service, Food... Mehtad1232000VIPDined on 1/18/2013Great service, Alex was great very fun. But as for the food, first app chicken meatballs came out cold and could use tweak on the spices. The paella was sub par, not layered flavors, but more like tomato based seafood thrown on top of saffron rice. Could really use a make over. The short ribs with potato hash/mash was weak and could use redesign, sprouts were good.Special Features:
- This is my go-to group spotOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/13/2013This is my go-to group spot for lunch, brunch and dinner. I come a lot with my family or a big group of friends. The food is nothing extravagant, so if you're a foodie looking for fancy, then no. But I have never had a bad meal here - great burgers, sandwiches, salads, soup, etc!Special Features:
- Solid neighborhood bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/6/2013I've been here for brunch several times and lunch a dozen times. Many choices, all good! Lovely outdoor dining in good weather.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/2/2013Great menu with fabulous options! Love the ability to select small tapas plates and try a variety of food items. Presentation was moderly edgy but not over the top. Service was welcoming and great throughout the entire dining experience. Can't wait to go back and try some different menu options!Special Features:
- Been here several times. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013Been here several times. Always impressed. Service is smooth and pleasant.Special Features:
- Yummy Comfort FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/30/2012Thank you to all the previous reviewers. Amelia's is very convenient to the downtown hotels and far better than most of the restaurants close by. Our waiter was wonderful, very friendly and helpful; made excellent suggestions because it was too hard to make a decision. I'd go back again.Special Features:
- We visit very often. AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012We visit very often. Always a treat! Only ONLY complaint would be there are time it is loud but that is everyone having a good time.Special Features:
- Took my team at work out toRMukh1977VIPDined on 12/17/2012Took my team at work out to lunch here for the Holidays. Everyone enjoyed their food. We went during the day for lunch, so it was great that the service was quick and the staff were attentive without being intrusive. Good choice for groups.Special Features: