Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia
1421 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amusephiladelphia.com/
- Phone: 215-422-8222x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am-10:30am,
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sonny Ingui
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Nouvelle Vague is a collective of talented artists, featuring a rolling cast of popular Parisian musicians. Translated literally as “New Wave” in the French language, the group’s music pays homage to the swooping elegance of Bossa Nova, melancholic melodies of the “New Wave” era and 1960’s French cinema, providing a modern twist on the classics. Our partnership with Nouvelle Vague honors our French heritage and offers guests a unique 24-hour, curated playlist of music that promotes discovery and culture. Won't you join us?
- Cross Street: On Arch, between Broad Street and 15th Street
- Public Transit: We are close to the City Hall stop for all transporation (Subway: Orange Line, Ell: Blue Line, and all major bus routes traveling through Center City).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is $18+tax ($21.60) for up to 6 hours. This is very convenient if you care to walk to City Hall or some local attractions or lounge in our chic and sophisticated bar.
A word from Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia
Amuse is a chic bar & brasserie in the luxe boutique hotel, Le Meridien. Chef Sonny Ingui serves up traditional, French bistro fare including classics such as onion soup gratinée, salade niçoise, lobster bouillabaisse & extraordinary signature steak frites. The kitchen also cures all of its charcuterie meats, including violet mustard veal sausage, duck prosciutto & fruitwood-smoked bacon. The open, sexy & inviting bar offers a range of specialty cocktails carefully crafted and changing seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (8)special occasion (8)scenic view (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Fantastic in Philly near City HallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013Great high class food at less than high-class prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated as a guestjackDined on 8/5/2013Excellent service and attentive staff, quietly shouting you are our guest and will receive our best. Delicious, well prepared food. Great location for a quiet business lunch with nicely spaced tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stay at Le Meridien inGloriaNVIPDined on 7/13/2013We stay at Le Meridien in Philadelphia often and hadn't considered Amuse for dinner until we saw reviews on Open Table. The food was just amazing! My husband had the Bouillabaisse which he said was the best he'd ever eaten. I had the black cod which was outstanding. The service was excellent and the environment lovely. We have decided this will now be a regular for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Became better!NINNIDined on 7/10/2013When we first arrived our server was not as friendly as we might have expected, but as our lunch progressed, he warmed up considerably and became great! One of us was not thrilled with her entree and the personnel made every effort to satisfy us. we felt very welcome!Special Features:
- FairLili51Dined on 7/8/2013I went with a female work colleague, both of us light eaters. The waiter, an older gentleman was very attentive but seemed disappointed by some of our choices. We did not drink, shared the salad, the entrée and a side; disappointing for a waiter, I know. The Amuse was delightful and well presented. The waiter graciously served our salad and entrée to us separately. The arugula salad was tasty but soggy. The steak special was disappointing. It was cold and chewy and not as described on the menu. The pomme frites were yummy. We did not complain or send anything back and generously tipped our waiter. Would I go back? Probably not, with the abundance of wonderful restaurants in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- We had an excellent meal -OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013We had an excellent meal - the food was truly outstanding. Our reservation was relatively early (6:00), so that we could get to a show in NJ, so we were about the only ones there, which was a little odd. But the restaurant is very attractive, and the service was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2013We now go to dinner here regularly as the food is outstanding. Service was slow this time unfortunately but the room is never crowded, and the prices are moderate. The presentation of the food and the value is excellent. Everyone should put this on their dining list, it is a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great & Best View of City Hall!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/12/2013I have only been to Amuse for lunch and cannot speak for the evening bar scene or dinner. However, hands down this is the BEST place for fine food in a sophisticated atmosphere that I know of in the Convention Center area. The lunch menu is a limited one - however - the selection is first rate and every guest I have taken finds something that fits their tastes - and - like myself all are impressed by the quality of the food, attentive service and the civilized atmosphere conducive to quiet conversation. How wonderful to have a place where one does not have to speak at the top of ones lungs to be heard over bad acoustics and loud background music. I have been to Amuse well over 20 times and have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Meridienluvfood27VIPDined on 5/22/2013The food was outstanding. Wines by the glass nice variety to compliment the food. My waiter, Michael, was a gem and fun. I will be back and I will ask for Michael.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommendednickname1VIPDined on 5/21/2013The food was very good (the fresh-warm bread was a great addition to our lunch) and the service was prompt and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Surprisetella08Dined on 5/17/2013The food was great. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JohnVIPDined on 5/15/2013Though the bar is clearly intended to be the star, the food is what steals this show. Seasonal (...I assume locally sourced) ...vegetables and spices are combined in creative ways that create anticipation for each course. From the ramp soup to the Colorado lamb, everything was perfectly prepared--flavorful, balanced and beautifully presented. The only knock on the food was desert. It had been years since I had seen Sacher torte on a menu. Without warning, the chef completely deconstructed it--genoise left naked in its filling and surrounded by ganache cannon balls. I almost cried (...but the flavor was good). Anyway, don't let the bar scene, amped music and pedestrian service scare you off. Come for the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Little RestaurantVPMDVIPDined on 5/9/2013Quaint, small, but very beautifully set up, great staff and wonderfully tasty food. The steak frittes was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike made our nightChapsticksDined on 5/4/2013We celebrated our one year anniversary with dinner at Amuse. Our waiter took it upon himself to make our night memorable from being more than gracious with his service to taking photos for us at the end of the meal. Will never forget it and will definitely recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Cuisine in Center CityPennoakDined on 4/27/2013The restaurant was very nice, although a bit too contemporary for the old building, in my opinion. The background music was a bit too loud and very alternative. The food was good and plentiful and the presentation was very nice. Three Cheese Onion soup, outstanding. I had the house special of seared filet and french fries (Steak Frites) along with seared brussel spouts (slightly burnt). The Marjoram Lamb T-Bones were very large and the lobster bouillabaisse was outstanding. The standard Desserts were very good; I had the Dark Rum Ice Cream, very good. Our waiter was very nice and handled our every need.Special Features:
- Not worth the drive for okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013Not worth the drive for ok food that's overpriced So many better/great restaurants in philadelpia! Don't waste your time and money
- Excellent food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2013Excellent food. It was more expensive than the "$$". However, well worth it. Everything we had was wonderful, appetizers, salads, main courses and desserts!! Great service also.Special Features:
- This is a small restaurantFierianVIPDined on 4/24/2013This is a small restaurant inside the hotel, but had BIG flavors. The onion soup is classic french, and the warm baguette withe the whipped butter is to die for. Not a large space, so I wouldn't bring a group, but for a small party it's perfect.Special Features:
- I don't know why it is sokarenkwVIPDined on 4/6/2013I don't know why it is so empty. It's a lovely space and the food is good.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2013I really enjoyed my first visit to Amuse. The interior is unique, elegant and contemporary with appropriate respect to its classic fondation. The food was presented very well and its helped that the weather was perfect and light spilled onto the table highlighting the food. Enjoyed each item as fresh and favorful. The atmosphere was unhurried, vibrant but not crowded in true European fashion. Very pleasant.Special Features:
- Outstanding service and food.HahndocVIPDined on 4/3/2013Outstanding service and food. The waiter was amazing.Special Features:
- Amuse has excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2013Amuse has excellent service and fits in wonderfully with the hotel. Fantastic atmosphere, delicious food, and unmatched service.Special Features:
- Wonderful food--needs to up serviceMcAllyDined on 3/22/2013The food at Amuse is OUTSTANDING. It is imaginative and perfectly prepared and downright delicious. My appetizer was venison and mushroom ravioli, and I licked the plate. My husband couldn't stop raving about his scallops and pork belly starter. Where they tripped up was on service. We were left waiting at the bar for a table for half an hour, even though the dining area was nearly empty. After we were seated, it was another 15 minutes until our waiter appeared. There were only four tables filled! From the standpoint of the food, this place should be packed. Perhaps it was just an off night. On other visits, the service has been better. The service folks themselves are extremely nice.Special Features:
- Very unlike one's typicalFrequentDinerVIPDined on 3/11/2013Very unlike one's typical hotel restaurant, this little bistro overlooking City Hall serves marvelous food and drink!Special Features:
- Our Wonderful Evening at AmuseGinnyDined on 3/8/2013My husband and I celebrated the end of my chemo and radiation therapy for breast cancer by dining at Amuse. Our daughter gifted us with a certificate for a lovely dinner. We were pleasantly surprised by our experience. The wait-staff was excellent and the food phenomenal. We cannot praise the experience highly enough. This was a 5 on a scale of 5!Special Features:
- This is our second visit toJudyGVIPDined on 3/6/2013This is our second visit to Amuse and it was just as enjoyable as the first. The ambience is lovely,our waiter was wonderful, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- The food was good, but watchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2013The food was good, but watch the bill. We used a travelzoo gift certificate and they tried to charge us for all kinds of extra things (including a $48 charge for using travelzoo) even though the gift certificate should have covered it. After clearing things up with the bill, we left. When I checked my bank statement the next day, I saw that they charged us a 16% Philadelphia restaurant tax (should only be 8%).In summary, the food was good, but if you're using any kind of deal (like travelzoo, living social etc), check your bill carefully.
- Wait staff was friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2013Wait staff was friendly and efficient. Food value is very good and preparation excellent. Great location with lovely city view especially of city hall and western buildings. Nice bar where we enjoyed some time after arriving early.Special Features:
- SMall/intimate/most excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013SMall/intimate/most excellent staff/wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- Lovely art deco decor. RestaurantgordonramseyfanVIPDined on 3/3/2013Lovely art deco decor. Restaurant is in Le Meridian Hotel on Arch St. with a view of City Hall (beautiful). While the staff tried hard, the kitchen couldn't execute on my first selection sea-bass which I sent back and the recommended rack of lamb which I settled for. Had a living social voucher which is why we tried it. I would give them another try at some point. Great location; valet parking
- the service from the staffMarkDined on 3/3/2013the service from the staff was amazing. great food, great cocktails and great ambience. could not have asked for a better night out. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- How do you say "AMAZEBALLS"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013How do you say "AMAZEBALLS" in French? Every aspect of this meal was beyond incredible! It was one of those times that the taste of each item was so outstanding that it will stay in your memory for decades. While definitely pricey, it was worth every single penny and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- We first tried Amuse lastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013We first tried Amuse last summer and had a good, but not outstanding meal. The dining room was not even half full on that occasion. This past friday the dining room was full, and the kitchen rose to the occasion. The food was outstanding. On the recommendations of the very friendly and helpful staff, we had the scallops appetizer and the venison agnolotti appetizer. Wow! For entrees, we had the Beef Tenderloin and the rack of lamb. Wow again! For desert, we split a slice of pumpkin cheesecake, which was very good. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Do Not Overlook Amuse. A Treat.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2013The evening meal we enjoyed was excellent. My wife and I agree this was the best meal we every ate. From arrival to departure, the experience was without peer. Michael and Megan and the other wait staff were attentative but not intrusive. I sent compliments to the chef. If the reader wants a one-of-a-kind, a unique and leisurely evening of dining and time for conversation with a special someone, make a reservation. I cannot praise Amuse and its staff enough.Special Features:
- I found the service to beOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/27/2013I found the service to be very good-the hostess was friendly and the waiter, Michael, was polite. The pace was slowish, but when your restaurant looks French and serves French food, it should be slower and the time embraced. We had a Travelzoo deal and had the pick of the menu for two apps, two entrees, dessert to share and two glasses of prosecco (as well as two loaves of bread/butter while we waited).Sage gnudi were lovely tasting, beef tenderloin was VERY flavorful (flavor sometimes lacking in steak at other places in the city) and apple cobbler was amazing. The 1063 specialty cocktail is my new favorite drink (and I'm pretty picky). All in all it was wonderful but not exceptionally memorable. Would stop by again, though, if in the area.Special Features:
- Wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013The service was absolutely amazing from the time we stepped in until the time we left. Our waiter was named Michael and I would highly recommend him. He was knowledgeable about all the dishes and gave great tips on which dishes would be the most enjoyable. The lobster dish and the lamb were both delicious. The atmosphere is quiet and we had a beautiful of city hall. Definently would visit again.Special Features:
- We had 1pm reservations forJbeanDined on 2/24/2013We had 1pm reservations for lunch on Sunday. There were no other people, the crowd was earlier. Everyone who waited on us was extremely friendly. My vegan daughter had questions, all answered. Food was delicious - the fries out of this world! Near the convention center and Love Park!Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013The food was great and the waiter very knowledgeable and helpful.
- loud, poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This restaurant is highly overrated. Reviews on yelp and opentable led me to assume that although this is a hotel restaurant it was still a nice place to eat. The food is average at best. the service is as bad as described. the servers will pointedly ignore you outright, it was almost laughable how hard it was to get the check. If this is the waiter's idea of formal dining, he is sadly mistaken. The only bright spot was the lovely hostess and the cocktails. Also reviews says it is quiet but it is quite loud with a very awful European dance mix which is not appealing at all. If you care about food or ambiance, avoid. This was a last minute pick as I thought it would be quiet, moderately romantic and have decent food. None of these were trueSpecial Features:
- Every dish was delicious andjahpayneVIPDined on 2/10/2013Every dish was delicious and beautiful. Our server was very knowledgable about the menu as well as the history of the building itself. My husband and I used used a travelzoo voucher this time, but will return, we had a great meal/ timeSpecial Features: