Bobby Van's Grill - 50th Street
135 West 50th Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bobby Van's Grill - 50th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bobbyvans.com/
- Phone: 2129575050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Blair Anyan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bobby Van’s caters to private and semi-private events. Our dining spaces can be divided (through the use of our elegant French doors) into a space as intimate as a party of 10 or can be fully opened to accommodate a party of up to 300.
- Private Party Contact: Kepani Salgato 2129575050
A word from Bobby Van's Grill - 50th Street
The combination of a traditional American grill combined with the classic elements of a first-rate steak house best describes Bobby Van’s fourth New York City location. Run by the same four partners who have been awarded Tom Horan’s American Top Ten Steakhouses in each of the past three years, the Grill caters to those seeking the legendary Bobby Van’s Porterhouse as well as lighter dishes such as pastas, salads and fish. All served with the renowned service that has been Bobby Van’s hallmark from its beginnings in 1969. As partner Joseph Hickey said “We’re all about pure, unadulterated customer happiness."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bobby Van's Grill - 50th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)great for lunch (26)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (19)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (14)notable wine list (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent service, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2008Excellent service, attentive service, good food value, extensive menu, nicely presented, delicious mealSpecial Features:
- Food preparations mediocreGerryCVIPDined on 4/21/2008Food preparations mediocre to poor. Sent salad back. Had long discussion with manager. Four different servers made it difficult to clarify desires. Had to chase down manager to get a check. Never going back.
- I frequent all of the topOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2008I frequent all of the top steakhouses in NYC and other major cities, and the food and service at Bobby Van's has to be one of the best. I was very impressed at the quality of the steak they served. More times then I care to admit, I find myself paying $50 for a steak that is average or below average in NYC....with Bobby Van's I was pleasantly surprised at how great the steak was and found it to be worth every penny.Special Features:
- I brought a businessman whoFrequentaVIPDined on 4/17/2008I brought a businessman who was visiting New York and he LOVED your restaurant. As a regular there, I clearly do, too! Thanks and Best, Rhonda Joy McLeanSpecial Features:
- I wish I could give this aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2008I wish I could give this a higher mark. There are definintely better steak restaurants in the city. Kind of boring actually.
- I should have had steak ratherOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2008I should have had steak rather then lobster tails.
- Bobby Van's is solidly inBrookboyVIPDined on 4/12/2008Bobby Van's is solidly in the top tier of excellent New York steakhouses. The tables are well-spaced (that alone gets points), and from the excellent service to the top-notch steaks and chops, Bobby Van's is definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- The service was a perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008The service was a perfect pace for pre-theater -- and the food was very good -- the fried artichoke salad was a stand-out.
- I brought my cousin, a businessmanFrequentaVIPDined on 4/11/2008I brought my cousin, a businessman visiting from Dallas, and his colleague from San Diego, to a last minute dinner Friday night and they LOVED it! They even asked Ryan to decant the wine, which he did beautifully, with style and flair, and everyone and everything was marvelous! So . . . thanks again for a fabulous evening! Rhonda Joy McLeanSpecial Features:
- Myself and 4 friends had aOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/10/2008Myself and 4 friends had a very nice time at Bobby Van's. The food while not the best steakhouse fare we've had was quite good. The wine list was extensive with some reasonably priced options. The service was quite good. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive and that made the night that much more I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good steakhouse in Midtown.Special Features:
- I love Bobby Vans. And getOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2008I love Bobby Vans. And get the lamb chop every time - scrumptious as usual.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed it. We cameAwesomeDined on 4/8/2008We really enjoyed it. We came in from Philadelphia for a play on Broadway and choose this restaurant to eat dinner. They were great and aware of our time frames. The Beef Wellington was "to die for". My sister's veal was cooked well done rather than the medium she requested. When she sent it back, she was informed that they were out of the stuffed veal.......this was our only dissappointment.Special Features:
- At the last minute MondayFrequentaVIPDined on 4/7/2008At the last minute Monday evening I need to make a quick dinner reservation and even though I'd already had a great lunch at BVG's, I chose to return. My guest was Rosemonde Pierre-Louis, the Deputy Borough President of Manhattan, my very good friend and a wonderful civil servant!! She had not been to your restaurant and had an absolute blast. She enjoyed the Chilean Sea Bass and I enjoyed everything (smiles) as usual! Thank you for treating us both so royally. We will return. I promise. Best, Rhonda Joy McLeanSpecial Features:
- As always, I truly enjoyedFrequentaVIPDined on 4/7/2008As always, I truly enjoyed my lunch at BVG's and introduced an executive at our company to your wonderful restaurant. He was thrilled and is already planning to return. Thanks so much! Rhonda Joy McLeanSpecial Features:
- Excellent heater DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 4/7/2008Excellent heater District Steakhouse with plenty of delicious options for the non-carnivore.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/5/2008The food was very good but quite pricey. The wait staff was friendly but not terribly efficient. The restaurant is very convenient to Broadway theaters.Special Features:
- The service was perfect forGranniecDined on 4/4/2008The service was perfect for us as we were going to the theatre. We were served in a very reasonable amount of time in order to enjoy our meal and not feel rushed yet still have enough time to get to the theatre. The waiter was very attentive. The food was quite good and well prepared although not remarkable. We will want to eat there again our next trip to NYC.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful,FrequentaVIPDined on 3/25/2008Everything was wonderful, as always! I'm now a regular diner at this restaurant and considerate it my "home away from home." Best, Rhonda JoySpecial Features:
- Filet Mignon was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008Filet Mignon was absolutely delicious but there was more grizzle than I expected on such a fine piece of meat. I brought it to the maitre'd's attention and he apologized and said he would take it off the tab. When the bill arrived, there was just a complementary glass of wine. We let it go.Special Features:
- Overpriced and had to sendOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/22/2008Overpriced and had to send food back to get it right.
- i have eaten there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/22/2008i have eaten there many times but this time, i must admit it was pretty bad, i ordered my meat med and it came well done, i ordered wine and they forgot to bring it. i still like the restaurant very much and plan to go back though.
- Found the crabcakes very overseasonOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/20/2008Found the crabcakes very overseasoned, and the sauteed spinach tough and too chewy.Special Features:
- I absolutely LOVE this restaurant,FrequentaVIPDined on 3/20/2008I absolutely LOVE this restaurant, its chef, managers and wait staff. They ALL work together to create a wonderful, fun and engaging ambience that has NEVER failed me yet. I've been a faithful customer for years and bring my friends, family and business clients alike -- all of whom enjoy it as much as I do. Keep on keeping on! All my very best, Rhonda Joy McLeanSpecial Features:
- The food was good, and theMazeltov80Dined on 3/17/2008The food was good, and the service was good. There was a bug in our dessert and we reported it to our server.Special Features:
- we dined on a sunday afternooncuttetVIPDined on 3/16/2008we dined on a sunday afternoon so a relatively slow day of business wait staff was most attentive was quiet but i could see on a busy sat nite it could be noisey food was quickly served and all was prepared well we had crab appetizers and fresh tomato with mozz. very nice had tenderlion for dinner with rissoto it was a special my only complaint was it was called chateabriand but not done in the traditional fashion still very good tried some white wine with appetizer a pinot from list and a red with dinner a nice boudeaux dessert was italian style cotta very light nice finishSpecial Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/15/2008We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was fabulous and the service was impeccable. We will definitely dine there again!Special Features:
- As usual, Bobby Van's GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2008As usual, Bobby Van's Grill (50th St) was wonderful! The food is always amazing and the service is outstanding as well. The night we went was a few days after my back went out, when I mentioned that to the staff, they sat us in a half booth table and gave me a stack of napkins to use as a cusion for my back! Who else would do that for a customer? We will always go back to this wonderful place.Special Features:
- I simply LOVE this restaurant!FrequentaVIPDined on 3/12/2008I simply LOVE this restaurant! It's like going to a great dinner in someone's home, with a HUGE dining room and FABULOUS mile-long bar. I especially love the diversity of the menu, which is not limited to steaks (really luscious though they are), but also includes beautifully prepared seafood, pampered pasta, succulent salads and even unusually good pizza! I want to give a special shout-out to Chef Craig Jermin, who continues to add his special touch to the daily specials that are too good to be missed. He is a gem!Special Features:
- Great family experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/12/2008Great family experience. Incredible steaks and chops. Perfect location for after or pre theater dining. We will be back. Our thirteen year old son still talking about his steak and potatoes.Special Features:
- Steaks were outstanding. VeryWillDined on 3/11/2008Steaks were outstanding. Very good drinks. Servers were knowledgable and helpful.Special Features:
- Took my husband here to celebratekidcoolDined on 3/1/2008Took my husband here to celebrate his b-day and he loved it. Our waiter is an actor who was friendly and professional. We enjoyed talking with him.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2008Our dining experience was very enjoyable. The service was very comfortable and relaxed,friendly and accomodating. Although it was during Restaurant Week, and they were quite busy, we didn't feel as though we were being rushed through our meal. The quality & quantity of food was very satisfying. The steaks were prepared exactly the way we liked. I highly recommend them and would definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- loved this place and neverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2007loved this place and never knew it existed. thanks open table! (our waiter was an actor in American Gangster...how cool!)Special Features:
- it's OK, but way overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2007it's OK, but way overpriced. It's easy to find a better steak house than this
- This was during restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2007This was during restaurant week with a group of 6. Everything went well: food, service, price.Special Features:
- If I could give all aspectsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/25/2007If I could give all aspects a zero, I would. Completely ruined my birthday. Waiter treated us like we weren't there and not worth the effort. Food was not bad, but definitely not good enough to put up with the subpar service. Never ever returning here or to any of their other locations.
- We had a lousy night there.BJFoodieDined on 5/25/2007We had a lousy night there. Food was substandard for a steakhouse of this supposed calibre. Poor service and lousy way of handling the complaints.
- Very disappointing experience,LIgirlDined on 4/28/2007Very disappointing experience, food was not good. Went there for a special occasion, and was disappointed.
- solid steak place ... oneFrancVIPDined on 4/22/2007solid steak place ... one of our favorites. Drink done wellSpecial Features:
- one of our favorites for aFrancVIPDined on 2/18/2007one of our favorites for a steak dinner that's not so expensive or foo-foo that you walk away unsatisfied for the money spent.Special Features: