Robert's Maine Grill
326 Route 1
Kittery, ME 03904Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Robert's Maine Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.robertsmainegrill.com/
- Phone: 2074390300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Craig Spinney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Robert"s Maine Grill offers private dining for any event from small business meetings to bus tours, birthday parties and weddings. With our beautiful view overlooking Spruce Creek, we can make any event memorable. Whether you are looking for fish & chips or sirloin, salmon, chicken or a clam bake, it will be our pleasure to work with you to arrange for the perfect event.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Landgarten 6033157352x
A word from Robert's Maine Grill
Robert’s Maine Grill, a full service, two story restaurant is a young restaurant; an oasis in the midst of Kittery’s Route 1 shopping district with views of beautiful Spruce Creek. Robert's is traditional like many places in Maine with flashes of modern trends in dining – fresh Maine comfort food with an updated twist, highlighting great local ingredients, products and recipes, simple robust flavors, a lively bar, raw bar and deck dining on the water. It's casual, approachable, affordable. Simply stated it's an updated Maine classic. Come for lobsters, steaks, burgers, oysters, grilled fish, salads, lobster rolls, our renowned beer battered fish and chips, yummy desserts, a wide selection of Maine microbrews and exceptional service. Proud members of the Green Alliance and Buy Local. Awarded 5 stars in the Portsmouth Herald.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Robert's Maine Grill - Best Restaurants in Kittery, ME ›
Robert's Maine Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)great for lunch (65)good for groups (54)kid-friendly (52)neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (30)hot spot (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- A local favoriteGmomDined on 8/6/2014They always greet you with a smile and the smile never fades! The food is very good, they are always striving to make your experience a good one. At times it may be a bit noisy because of the building......it depends on the crowd and the number of parties with children. They are most welcoming to families with children and I am delighted to see this. I am a local and it is one of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect family dinnermtlFoodieDined on 8/4/2014Dinner was perfect. From starters to entrees, even desert ! Had various starters... The oysters were elegantly served and fresh ! Clam Chowder (every restaurant in the area have one) was very good. Entrees had the perfect flavours and the servings were just right.Special Features:
- Best in the areaEaterVIPDined on 8/4/2014After a day shopping or if you are just in the area, Robert's is the place to eat. You would think it is a tourist trap, but it isn't. It is a place for delicious fish and seafood. The manager and the wait staff couldn't be nicer. The oysters are briny and fresh, and on Monday nights, it is buy one, get one free. The mussels in a creamy apple-bacon sauce are plump, and the fish fry is fresh. The crab cakes taste like crab as they should. The restaurant is by a river, so there is a water view from some seats. And it is a nice crowd. Go!Special Features:
- ExpensiveCathyVIPDined on 8/2/2014I thought it was more upscale than Bob's Clam Hut but the only thing I found was that the pricing was about the same but Roberts portions were smaller and the service was very slow. It was just okay.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood and Raw BarMeatandSeafoodEaterDined on 8/1/2014If you want a great raw bar and lobsters this place delivers. From 5 to 7 different oysters, clams on the half shell and shrimp, this place does a really good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time4fordinnerDined on 7/31/2014Took the wife there for supper , and surprise with her children showed up , salmon dinner , lobster Mac and cheese, the the fried oysters where great. Great waitress !Special Features:
- TrustworthyGourmandGourmetDined on 7/28/2014You know you will enjoy a good meal at Robert's. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, attentive, not stuffy nor pushy. The decor is relaxing, lots of natural light, big food and fishery theme related pictures up on the wall. Food is well prepared. Lobster and mussels were cooked just right and generous portions served, ie not overcooked as too many restaurants do. Linguini sauce was too rich-buttery. Raspberry pie was excellent, albeit tiny portion served (but really just right after a big meal). Wine menu offers food pairing suggestions and you can order by the glass or a bottle. Price, between what you would pay at typical family restaurant chain and gourmet restaurant, is in line with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Robert's Maine Grill is a family favorite. We had a wedding there and a 60th birthday party and like to go there occasionally for a nice meal. We live about 25 minutes away but do enjoy going occasionally and they are good about accomodating my food allergies.Special Features:
- Seafood Lovers go no furtherSilly14uDined on 7/19/2014Spent the weekend in Kittery Maine and went to Robert's Maine Grill on the suggestion of the Coachman Inn and I was so impressed by the ambiance ... staff ... service ... drinks and the food!?!? If you like clams - have the steamers! I am so looking forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food:)wheatfreeDined on 7/18/2014We loved the lobster mac and cheese and the tuna tar tare special was great as well.Special Features:
- Excellent choice for dinner.GreatDined on 7/17/2014We had the lobster dinner which was perfect and the grilled scallops which were divine. Great meal and great service. The blueberry crumble was excellent for dessert. Loved the experience, only thing to watch for is that they put too much dressing on the ceasar salad that evening, so next time we'll ask for dressing on the side.Special Features:
- Go For The LARGE Lobster Roll!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/17/2014Recommend an upstairs table in rear of restaurant or outdoor porch- why look out at Route #1? Lobster roll was excellent. Fries were ordinary - nothing special. Very nice venue - definitely an upgrade over other dining options in Outlet Row. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great for dinner or a quick biteLocalFanDined on 7/15/2014Stopped in for a quick bite when we lost power the other night. Found others from my town doing the same thing. Roberts was generous enough to plug in devices for guests while we dined. Food was fantastic - I had the vegetable flatbread & the vegetables were fresh & cooked to perfection. My daughter had the fish & chips & the haddock was moist & delicious. The service was prompt & friendly as usual. Roberts is a local gem & well worth stopping in. Don't let the full parking lot fool you - their parking is limited but there's always plenty of seats.Special Features:
- Remains one of my favorites!LoveMaine21VIPDined on 7/13/2014As usual, we were very happy with Roberts. I highly recommend the citrus salad with goat cheese and raspberries. I added a side of fried clams and had a nice supper. Husband had the moxie steak tips. The service is attentive; the atmosphere is casual and comfortable, yet upscale at the same time. Just a nice place to enjoy fresh food done well.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesNocooknightDined on 7/13/2014Love this place. Food is very good. Menu is diverse. They take reservations. Service is great. parking is a pain in the summer, but we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lobster roll everElleVIPDined on 7/12/2014We went with a larger group and there was something for everyone. We recommend the lobster roll but everything looked amazing.Special Features:
- Roberts MaineNewenglandzipDined on 7/11/2014Excellent menu, and great views. An excellent location with traditional higher end New England comfort food. I would recommend this resturant to anyone who enjoys fresh seafood as well as other options. I had my first oysters on the half shell there and they were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night!rscottstevensDined on 7/11/2014Robert's Maine grill has become the goto spot for date night with my wife. The food is wonderful. The beverage selection is great. And the service is pleasant and knowledgeable. We also love the valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014We have eaten here many times and have always loved the food and the service has been greatSpecial Features:
- Very ExpensiveDine2knowDined on 7/5/2014The salads and entrees were very good, but the Blueberry Crumble desert was just ok and very small for $7.50. There was no bread served which was a real disappointment for a restaurant as expensive as this.
- Decent ChoiceNoSaltDinerDined on 7/5/2014Greeted nicely by all. Seated promptly at reserved time. Meals were fresh and warm. We were seated upstairs towards the front of the restaurant next to a very large, boisterous party. We should have asked to be moved but didn't. I think the noise from this group diminished what could have been a better dining experience. The restaurant was able to cater to my requests of no salt on grilled salmon and dressing on the side for the lovely salad that the salmon was atop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!nomnomnomDined on 7/5/2014The food at Robert's is great! Everyone here is wonderful, great service very friendly. My companion and I shared an order of the huge beer battered onion rings, which were good although I like a little more beer taste generally. They were served with a thick dipping sauce that had a nice little kick. We each got a lobster roll (one hot buttered and one w/ mayo) and split them. Both of which we thought were excellent. My friend also had a few oysters and the waiter was very nice and provided helpful suggestions on which oysters to get. And they didn't even bat an eye when I knocked my full glass of lemonade over (eep...). For dessert we got blueberry crumble and coconut lime cheesecake (my fav here!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Cooked Off MenuCheersDined on 6/29/2014In year's past, the menu offered Paella and it is great! When we did not see it on the menu, we asked our waitress to inquire with the chef if he could/would make it for us and the chef said yes. Not only did the chef and the kitchen come through on our Paella orders, we arrived 20 minutes early and they accommodated our early arrival. I recommend Robert's Maine Grill to everyone!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent food wine and service. Would go back in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- Always Great Food2wyldedogsDined on 6/28/2014As always, we had exceptional service and food at Robert's. The oysters were awesome!!! Unfortunately, we were there for dinner on a Saturday and the noise level from the large groups of diners around us was really high. I go to this restaurant a lot and this is the loudest I have ever heard it. I wonder if anything could be done to address this issue by the restaurant.Special Features:
- Worth the Drive!DaidiDined on 6/27/2014Robert's has the easy atmosphere of a neighborhood seafood restaurant. Marsh views are on three sides and the interior is casually chic. Outdoors is fun but on a hot day, the A/C wins! The staff is friendly and the service is excellent. We didn't have to wait, either for our table or for our meals. The mussels are to die for, by the way - and the desserts are mouth-watering. A nice touch: You may order a "sample" size of a dessert and it's still quite big enough - The key lime was wonderful. Definitely a return visit is planned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 439 reviews are from the Robert's Maine Grill reviews archive.
- FantasticMainefoodieDined on 6/25/2014We have dined at Robert's many times and sat at the bar, have had business meetings there as well as family events. The food is always perfect. We would highly recommend anything on the menu. Also, one of our family members has celiac disease so gluten free is a must. Robert's does a great job accommodating and her GF food is fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedMLS1300Dined on 6/23/2014looking forward to eating here. go to the area every year but never stopped here. never go back. had their lobster roll and was very disappointed. overpriced for what we got. could go to Applebee's for better.
- Anniversary CelebrationpatriotDined on 6/22/2014I took a chance reserving a table for our wedding anniversary at a restaurant my husband had never been to. This could have been our last anniversary had it not gone so well. We went for a late lunch, early dinner. Excellent table overlooking the river, and the food could not have been much better. My husband ordered the jambalaya, LOVED it. Actually took half home. That never happens. Baked haddock was lightly crusted - not too buttery. Money well spent.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceJNORRDined on 6/21/2014Roberts consistently offers great food and service. We live about 30 min away and always make it a point to dine at Roberts at least 5x a year. Delicious!Special Features:
- Robert's Maine GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Love the farm to table concept and use of local foods here. Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and made recommendations to steer us in the direction of a good meal. Cocktails we chose were tasty but mild, in fact my husband questioned if any alcohol in his bloody mary. The Maine Lemonade was tasty and mild as well. Baked Haddock and Pan Seared Scallops were our menu choices - both deliciously prepared. Appetizer of Fried Calimari and salsa was very good. Seafood Chowder and Clam Chowders were good. Had no room for dessert. Had been wanting to try this restaurant since it opened and glad we did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodCosDDined on 6/15/2014The best beer batter onion rings on the planet. Great craft beers on tap. Atlantic Blueberry with floating blueberries. Lobster sliders are phenomenal too.Special Features:
- Great 18th birthday mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Excellent food and service. Great views and there was something on the menu for everyone in our party, even when we were a little picky. Thanks for a great meal.Special Features:
- Sunday supperStrawberryVIPDined on 6/8/2014Steamers were excellent . My son lives the beer battered chicken tenders,& I had 3 fish tacos that were an app but had it for dinner . They were just enough food for me . My husband gets the big salad for two & puts shrimp on it . We asked for some more cheese mad crackers because we loved it and the waitress packed up some for us to take home too! Excellent food & excellent service ! We always head back to Roberts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UmmmME64Dined on 6/7/2014Robert's has become one of my "go to" places when I am looking for seafood with style. The menu changes always have something new and different to try. I have been coming here since they opened 7 years ago, and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- One of my favorite RestaurantsLoveMaine21VIPDined on 6/6/2014I love Roberts-remains one of my favorites. Can't go wrong with the clams; son had Fish and chips which looked great and husband had the salmon. Nice service; pleasant dining room with nice view out the back and into the water.Special Features:
- Amazing Oysters and Staffpyx2000Dined on 6/1/2014The oysters here are amazing and the staff is very knowledgeable about them. They are all local. They also have all local beer. I highly recommend this restaurant as it has a gorgeous view, excellent staff, local foods, and is very accommodating (we were half an hour late for our reservation). We stayed in this area for three days and ended up eating here twice. Loved it.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantNEMPortDined on 5/30/2014We went with friends on a Friday night the food and service was great. Unfortunately the noise level made conversation difficult. Not someplace I'd go for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Everything about it was wonderful! Will be coming back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale with moderate pricingM3EaterDined on 5/25/2014Robert's has a great atmosphere (the physical building and design). Can be a bit loud if full. Excellent food. Some items are smaller portions, others are large. All food is good, from the marque seafood to the lobster cobb salad or even a hunk of beef. Great onion rings and mussels! Moderate-high pricing. 2 people will be at least $40, more common to be $50, before tips ... without a drink or a bunch of appetizers or add-ons. One of our "go to" nice places" to go out. Always a winner if we are hosting friends for dinner. Early closing, 9:00pm most nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.