Robert's Maine Grill
326 Route 1
Kittery, ME 03904Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Robert's Maine Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.robertsmainegrill.com/
- Phone: 2074390300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Craig Spinney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Robert"s Maine Grill offers private dining for any event from small business meetings to bus tours, birthday parties and weddings. With our beautiful view overlooking Spruce Creek, we can make any event memorable. Whether you are looking for fish & chips or sirloin, salmon, chicken or a clam bake, it will be our pleasure to work with you to arrange for the perfect event.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Landgarten 6033157352x
A word from Robert's Maine Grill
Robert’s Maine Grill, a full service, two story restaurant is a young restaurant; an oasis in the midst of Kittery’s Route 1 shopping district with views of beautiful Spruce Creek. Robert's is traditional like many places in Maine with flashes of modern trends in dining – fresh Maine comfort food with an updated twist, highlighting great local ingredients, products and recipes, simple robust flavors, a lively bar, raw bar and deck dining on the water. It's casual, approachable, affordable. Simply stated it's an updated Maine classic. Come for lobsters, steaks, burgers, oysters, grilled fish, salads, lobster rolls, our renowned beer battered fish and chips, yummy desserts, a wide selection of Maine microbrews and exceptional service. Proud members of the Green Alliance and Buy Local. Awarded 5 stars in the Portsmouth Herald.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Robert's Maine Grill - Best Restaurants in Kittery, ME ›
Robert's Maine Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)great for lunch (66)good for groups (55)kid-friendly (53)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (33)special occasion (31)hot spot (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Gem in the Center of Outlet-Landjan5ceeDined on 10/18/2014What a terrific place to dine between travels & the valet parking oft ion saves time, too. For dessert we highly recommend the raspberry pie ala mode. A fun place for groups or just couples.Special Features:
- AfficianadoAfficianadoDined on 10/16/2014Exterior of restaurant a bit dated, but true to locale. This was second visit. Great food, exceptional staff and good prices. People care here. Salads were huge and lobster roll hearty. Can't go wrong at Robert's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLulumass911Dined on 10/11/2014Second time here in a month, the food is outstanding, service impeccable. Can't say enough about this place. First time here I had the Halibut special, I was hoping they would have it again, they did not, so I had the Salmon which was fantastic. I will be heading here again within the next few weeks.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014We have eaten here a few times and it is consistently good from food to service. My fave are the fish tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well pleased with this find.4USYourTopsDined on 10/9/2014The on line reservation system is well thought out and more establishments should use a system like yours. The food offerings were just what we were looking for, quality comfort food with a great extra with the raw bar offerings. Toped of with a wide awake and responsive wait person, the four of us will surly return soon. Thank you all for a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Passing through townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014While vacationing nearby, we searched Yelp for local lobster and steamers so we tried Robert's because of the high rating. The atmosphere is welcoming, the service is good and the food is tasty albeit slightly high for the area. $28 for a medium sized hot buttered fresh lobster roll with large chunks and a cup of clam chowder is a bit stiff considering I got 2 full medium sized lobsters at Markey's and Brown's for a few bucks less than that at market price during the same trip. I guess you're paying for the nice atmosphere vs. the mom and pop shack feel of the other places. All in all a good experience, but I still prefer the better market prices and more casual atmosphere at Markey's and Brown's though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodluv2eatoutDined on 10/5/2014My husband and I enjoy going to Robert's for dinner occasionally. Dinner this evening was excellent - I had the basic staple, Baked Haddock, and my husband had the moxie tips. We went on a Sunday evening, when wine bottles are 1/2 price - an excellent deal. Food and wine pricing is pretty high for what you get, so value is not great despite the quality of the food.Special Features:
- ChowderGmomDined on 10/4/2014The people I was with felt that the clam chowder was some of the best that they had ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathleenDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and service! Our reservation was honored right away. Busy atmosphere, but great attention and care to our dining experience!Special Features:
- Nice restaurantCammieDined on 10/3/2014Good food, variety of menu items. Waitress was very friendly and attentive. A little noisy when full of customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceEatingWellInNHDined on 10/3/2014Big thanks to Julia our server for her graciousness, knowledge of the menu and excellent service. With something for everyone on the menu - from drinks to desert, Roberts delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DE144Dined on 10/3/2014Roberts Maine grill was a nice surprise on our drive up to Maine. The staff was friendly and helpful we had a beautiful view of the pond and our lobster cobb was huge and good. We will definitely return when we are in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesNocooknightDined on 9/23/2014This place is on our consistently very good list. Varied menu, good food and service. Not cheap, but the quality of food makes it fairly priced. Love the Lobster Cobb.Special Features:
- Great Maine restaurantTrumpetman1Dined on 9/22/2014Wonderful food, balanced and not overly spiced (as is the habit among some restaurants), cooked to perfection ( I had the grilled scallops with vegetables). My server was pleasant, relaxed and perfectly attentive. The Maine blueberry crumble pie is a taste of home. Truly among the best restaurant experiences I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Roberts is our favorite "go-to place. The food and service are always great. We enjoy taking out of town guests for a taste of the Seacoast. Baked haddock and lobster Cobb salad are favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!JBS2014Dined on 9/20/2014Love coming up from the Boston area for lunch w/ a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- monthly lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Our group of classmates enjoy this central meeting spot for our monthly lunch.Special Features:
- Great seacoast restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Love the food....love the views...great service...love the community dinner involvement! Great place especially when friends visit seacoast & want the Maine experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014This is a great authentic Maine place to get seafood that is fresh and cooked perfectly. The clam chowder is award winning and the fried seafood was light and crisp and fresh. Plenty for 2 if you order the fried seafood sampler. The sun was setting when we dined and made for some great scenery outside our window on the marsh/bay. We had to run out and take pictures. The ambiance was invitingly Maine and the service was top notch. Now we know why Roberts is so popular. Can't wait to go back on our next shopping trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticMainefoodieDined on 9/12/2014We frequent Robert's and the food is always hot, great tasting and the service spot on. When we have company, our friends and family always want to go to Robert's. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentGaryTVIPDined on 9/12/2014We visit Robert's often and are never disappointed. Terrific service, along with a great menu, beer and wine selection. The staff always makes you feel welcomed.Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Though I have traveled by this restaurant for yrs it was only because it had been mentioned by a few friends recently, that it chose it to meet with a friend for lunch. It was the perfect place for this. We ate on the deck/porch which was very nice, although got a little breezy and curtains were lowered. Imagine it must be lovely in the summer. Food was good, although I only had clam chowder, my friend had a lobster roll with butter and it was very good with large pieces of lobster. Good wine list, a little pricey. Would come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014We really appreciate food and service. It was our first visit but not the last one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Somehow amongst all the cheesy outlet stores in Kittery, there is this excellent restaurant. Were it not for Yelp I never would have tried it. I went there with a party of 6 the other night and Diana was our server. She is a pro: She knows the menu, she knows how to make each person feel taken care of, and she is delightful. We had lobster rolls, kale soup, jambalaya, flatbread and more. All really good. We liked it so much that we went back the night after with an even larger party. Different server but again we had a great meal, this time taking advantage of the BOGO oyster night. Wonderful and very fresh oysters!Special Features:
- An Excellent Find!JacksonDined on 9/6/2014My only disappointment is that since we live in Ohio, we can't return soon. Upon our arrival, we were welcomed as old friends! The food and service were excellent. Lobster rolls were delicious, as was the clam chowder. Would sure like to return someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousLulumass911Dined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding. I always thought this was just an ordinary seafood restaurant having driven by it for so many years without stopping in. This is my new favorite place to go. Service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun vibe, great locationdinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014... And food was pretty good, too. Nice menu selection and great Bloody Mary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SneakyJenDined on 8/30/2014amazing local oysters were on hand - buy 12 get one free. good local beer selections. fun vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than average seafoodNiseygDined on 8/23/2014Great lunch or dinner spot when near Kittery. Big step above seafood shack. Lovely river views.Special Features:
- Good Seafood Charming AtmosphereWinerDinerDined on 8/22/2014Roberts has a fun decor with Maine buoys and lots of atmosphere. Friendly warm attentive staff. Reliable food. Great family spot. Beautiful views of the river if you get a seat upstairs or on the porch.Special Features:
- TastyMissyDined on 8/21/2014This was a tasty lunch spot. I had a crab and avocado sandwich which was great. I loved that they have 2 sizes of their desserts. The smaller serving was just right for satisfying my sweet tooth.Special Features:
- Robert's Maine grillSteveDined on 8/19/2014Always a great place for dinner or lunch. Have come here for many years and it is always very good to excellentSpecial Features:
- Fun family eveningTillyDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and they catered to young kids too,mwhich is always a plus!Special Features:
- 2nd visit just as good as the firstGranville75Dined on 8/13/2014I'd been talking about having lunch at Robert's Maine Grill all week to my relatives who were also staying in the Old Orchard Beach area. Thank goodness it was as good as I remembered. It was very busy, but we were seated within 2-3 minutes of our lunch reservation time. All our meals were great as was the service. Try the turkey on walnut cranberry bread. OMG, delish. Steak tips were also very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choice!JulesVIPDined on 8/12/2014This place is always great! The oysters are the best, the service is wonderful, and of course I always get the chowder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LiwinoDined on 8/12/2014The service was wonderful! Lisa was our waitress and was witty and very nice. The lobster sliders were absolutely amazing!! Great view and great evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful break after shopping!Panky4321VIPDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant was a great find. The outside was nicely decorated - loved the lighthouse. The inside was more than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised. This is not just a restaurant destination after outlet shopping, but a special occasion restaurant destination in itself. The service we had was spectacular. I would definitely plan my trip to Maine around a special lunch/dinner visit with the Robert's Maine Grill in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!SueCVIPDined on 8/10/2014We were visiting Ogunquit and looking for some nearby restaurants that weren't too touristy. This place was great. My son had the fish and chips which were cooked to perfection. My daughter said her salmon was the best she ever had. Bottles of wine were half price. We will be back on our next visit to Maine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always s good mealljlblueVIPDined on 8/9/2014Whether just an appetizer, lunch or dinner we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Deck on a summer NightGaryTVIPDined on 8/8/2014We dine at Robert's often; it's our 'go-to' restaurant because of it's menu with great choices and selections of local brews on draft. This particular visit had us dining on their upstairs deck, with a perfect summer breeze, view of the tidal creek and a close to full moon rising. It doesn't get much better than this along with their consistent service and quality of foodSpecial Features: