124 N. Washington Street
Falls Church, VA 22046Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.argias.com/
- Phone: 7035341033x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday& Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: RYAN BALDINI
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Argia's
Nestled in the heart of downtown Falls Church, Virginia, Argia’s is a family owned and operated restaurant that provides an opportunity to experience authentic, world class Italian cuisine in a cozy, relaxing ambiance.Continued
Conveniently located at the intersection of Lee Highway and Route 7 in Falls Church, Argia’s is accessible to clientele from across the Washington DC metro area.
Conveniently located at the intersection of Lee Highway and Route 7 in Falls Church, Argia’s is accessible to clientele from across the Washington DC metro area.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Argia's reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (9)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- So-soBarbDined on 9/13/2013We had a waitress on her third day of work. She didn't offer a dessert menu-just brought us a check. And when we said we wanted dessert, there was no offer of coffee or drinks to go with it. The mussels came out cold and had to be sent back. Service was very slow. Bartender didn't know much about red wine so the owner came over and helped out. We've had great experiences in the past but this was not one of them. Not sure if I'd go back.
- Almost PerfectVoynichDined on 9/10/2013We went to Argia's for a nice dinner out on our anniversary. We love their PEI mussels (and wonderful broth for dipping bread!), so I left a note to make sure they'd have them and someone called the day before to assure me they would. The evening came, and the food was perhaps better than ever -- nice wine, an outstanding Caesar salad, great pasta, excellent chicken marsala . . . . . but the mussels? Meh! I don't know where they came from, but the were definitely NOT PEI, which the waiter claimed at first. The broth was still great, but the mussels were small and really nothing special. These were apparently a last minute replacement for a failed delivery. Disappointing, but still a memorable dinner. And we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013Good menu - dishes for sharing - well cooked - excellent service - good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Argia's new menu includesDuckSoup11VIPDined on 8/27/2013Argia's new menu includes a wide variety of pastas and pizzas, which makes it a good place for a lunch or dinner, especially for groups. For dinner, it has a relative handful of traditional main courses, usually supplemented by one fish special each day. Fairly good list of wines by the glass. Another positive factor we like is that Argia's remains open and active a little later than many places in the area.Special Features:
- Great value at lunchFrankRDined on 8/20/2013We have dined at Argua's for dinner on several occasions - dishes served family style are always good and good value - but this was a first for lunch. Perhaps because it was August, but the place was all but empty, which was nice for us. Nice choices on the lunch menu - my companion and I both did the excellent Salsiccia Sandwich (Hot Italian sausage, sautéed onions & peppers, with marinara), which came with a nice salad. Perfect for lunch and very reasonable.. If the pasta dishes are of the same quality as dinner, looks like a real find!Special Features:
- Mediocre cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2013We were not even half way our appetizers when the entrees arrived. Both the lasagna and the shrimp pasta with corn sauce were very cold. Once my lasgna was heated up it was just ok. We felt rushed and surprised by the lack of service, maybe the ratio between waiter and guests is too small. If you insist in trying this place just get the chocolate cake and do not even bother with the rest. I will not be going back and I will not recommend this place.
- A Find in Falls Church, VAOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/31/2013With a good menu and tempting daily specials. You're sure to find something you like. I recommend the Italian Shrimp and Grits...truly decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 19 July 2013 visitChrisDined on 7/20/2013A disappointment as we have been Argia supporters for several years. Once again we found our food to be mediocre. Chicken Picata was plain, simple mash potatos and over cooked spinach. Also tried two of their white wines neither was to our taste. The wait staff was great, the ambiance is very nice but now we've had plain food in our last three visit and will not return. Regret as we had high hopes for this neighborhood establishment.
- Delicious, as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013We have enjoy eating at Argia's for years. We were not disappointed, again, as usual. We enjoyed mussels, eggplant, and dinner salads. We look forward to our next visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Argia's Italian ResturantLuv2dineDined on 7/18/2013Food was high quality, perfectly cooked, friendly personnel, bot prices are a bit high. But, I guess you get what you pay for!Special Features:
- Delicious and FriendlySallyDDined on 7/14/2013Loved our recent dinner out at Argia's. The staff was friendly and our food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussells were very good; saladHobbsDined on 7/11/2013Mussells were very good; salad (family) style much too big for two. Waiter should have told us. White wine glasses a small pur compared to the red (unfair!). Overall OKSpecial Features:
- A Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/6/2013We made a reservation through open table. Despite that fact and the fact that there were many, many tables available in the middle level, the hostess chose to seat us at the table right next to the pass through. Really? We had to ask to be moved. Then, it too quite a long time to get our drinks. Finally, as to the food, three of the meals were fine (not great), and the fourth (fusili with vegetables) was terrible (the sauce was full of oil).
- Great friendly family style gemsrs528Dined on 7/5/2013We stuck with two main course items on our first visit but we are looking forward to trying some salads and appetiizers on another visit. Being able to hear our conversations was a plus.Special Features:
- Not Great, Not BadPatSVIPDined on 7/1/2013We arrived on-time to a nearly empty restaurant. I was a little worried since this was the first time we had eaten here after a change in ownership. When the greeter said sit anywhere you want, and I noticed his camouflage shorts I was really worried, almost to the point of leaving, but we stayed the course and I am glad we did. The foods was just as outstanding as ever. Fresh fish, hand made ravioli, large portions, and half price bottles of wine (a nice surprise) meant a great evening for the three of us. There were some timing issues with food (one of our dishes sat for a little long in the window before being served)but overall I will be going back soon. If you are in the area it is worth a stop.Special Features:
- Great staff & food, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/30/2013This is a neighborhood gem. We recently had a family together when out of town relatives were here for a family birthday. The waiter (Patrick) was wonderful - very professional and very accommodating for the two babies with us. I love the atmosphere of the restaurant - perfect for grown ups and kids at the same time. I have always enjoyed the food - it is priced about right for family portions. The bread is great, too. However, similar to other visits to Argia's, I have a feeling that the wait-staff are spread too thin - they are trying to serve 3 different rooms at the same time. Hard to get their attention, when they are not in our sight line, when they are serving in other rooms.Special Features:
- Very good food - amazing gnocchi,GrigioVIPDined on 6/23/2013Very good food - amazing gnocchi, and fabulous zabligone sauce over very fresh and delicious berries for dessert. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot how good this place is.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2013We hadn't been in a while and went with some friends. Good variety of menu items, everything well-prepared, good wine and beer list, fun cocktails, reasonable prices, good service. And it is not as noisy as some places are these days, so good for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of food is nowhereMimiDined on 6/8/2013Quality of food is nowhere near the prices! I would only consider going back if they lowered the prices by at least half or if the quality improved by double.
- lunchdottieDined on 6/6/2013We had a lovely lunch both of us. The salads were large and the ingredients fresh. We enjoyed our quiet lunch. The fact that there was a party going on in another room did not disturb a bit. We could hear each other talk. What a relief!Special Features:
- Dining on Prom Nightluv2eatitalianDined on 6/1/2013There was a lot of noise the night we were there because some prom night groups attended. Despite the craziness, our service was good and the food good. The salads were the best and our guests commented that they were so fresh and a great size. I got the shrimp with capellini, mozarella, tomatoes and olive oil/wine sauce. It was good but was swimming in sauce. The wine list was adequate and the other dishes, including the home made ravioli, were good. The bread was mediocre and I saw a lost opportunity to make a remarkable first impression with some great breads and seasoned olive oil. There was also no opportunity to get fresh grated parmesan cheese which is a MUST at a good Italian restaurant. The new ownership and menu are better.Special Features:
- It was okay. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2013It was okay. The food was good, although not great. My salmon was a bit overcooked, and a bit dry. It was good value for the meal though. The calamari were good, and the serving was HUGE- I didn't have much appetite left after sharing the appetizer.... The bread was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to Argia's???aps7VIPDined on 5/31/2013Have been to Argia's at least a dozen times over the past 5 or 6 years because we fell in love with it. Service is still good, but food quality, quantity and value is now terrible -- prices up, portion size down, pasta was bland, and frozen tartufo dessert was melted. Not sure if we'll return. I understand ownership changed hands a few months ago and this is perhaps the cause. They need to clean up their act...
- Poor service in near empty restauraPeggyMVIPDined on 5/23/2013My friend and I had lunch at Argia's on Friday during the lunch hour. The restaurant was nearly empty. We found out why. The names of the menu items were in Italian, a language I have some capacity in. I was ordering in English, my native language and our server's, but read the items in Italian as listed. He had to ask, the 2nd one? The first one? It was sad. Then he was never around when we needed him. The food was just fine except that i was served a huge baby arugula salad that was more bitter than usual, but edible when I could manage to stab enough on the fat tines of the fork. It took me an hour and a half to eat. i wanted to grab the chef by the collar, hand him that fork and one of those salads and force HIM to sit there and eat it!
- Whenever I get a chance--Argia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/7/2013I always try to find a way to get to Argia's. Since it on the way to the Dulles Airport, often is going to or from the airport. Recently, it has been a destination for lunch during a bike ride. It is almost exactly 15 miles from home--a great self-reward for first half of the trip and fuel for the return trip. I have always enjoyed the food-great Italian and never miss a chance to study the mural. The mural is worth at least one trip per year. I like the recent redo of the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite restaurantPeteDined on 4/29/2013Mussels Argia and Italian Shrimp and Grits are our favorites. Monday night was half off bottle of wine night, so we splurged. Another enjoyable evening at one of our favorite restaurants. Great way to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2013The food was excellent and ample. I will definitely go again. This time we sat inside but exited through the outdoor area which we would like to try next time.
- Argia's is close to the StateDCFanVIPDined on 4/13/2013Argia's is close to the State Theater and also in a nice neighborhood in Falls Church. I would recommend this restaurant especially if you like good Italian food.Special Features:
- Love Argia's!KarenODined on 4/13/2013We had a terrific time at Argia's. We highly recommend it. The service was great and the food was out of this world!Special Features:
- it was a good experience.EncoreVIPDined on 4/5/2013it was a good experience. A nice neighborhood spot and a varied menu. The pasta dishes were great.Special Features:
- Since new ownership changesOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/3/2013Since new ownership changes have not necessarily been for the better. Food is rather bland and heartless. It's as if the restaurant's soul has gone missing.
- The change in ownership isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2013The change in ownership is noticeable. We are local regulars and little things are now missing. The complimentary faccia bread and olive oil were gone. The specials were not very special, while the wine was still very good and a great selection. Service was slow due to too few waiters, maybe that will improve over time. Falls Church needs Argia's to succeed.
- Go for a run before or after.trulyVIPDined on 3/23/2013We never go to Argia's for the food - it's just so darn convenient. This particular night, though, I got a delicious special - tomato fetuccini with crab, asparagus, and tomatoes. Delicious. Definitely lots of heavy stuff on the menu.Special Features:
- Food was good, as was thefrankDined on 3/22/2013Food was good, as was the wine selection and service. The noise level in the room furthest from the bar was pleasant, but the room next to the bar area was too noisey.Special Features:
- Work in ProgressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2013Argia's recently reopened under new management. It shows! We were a regular diner at the old Argia's and came back during a local "restaurant week" with some friends who had never dined there. The dining "deal" was not very clear and not explained very well by a waiter in a rush. (It wasn't that busy!) The food was very much like we remembered and nearly as good but the service was slow and inattentive. Then the check contained a few surprises. The "deal" was explained again by the waiter and we noted that the check had two errors. He reran the check and it came back with one less error. We paid and haven't been back.
- Argia's is the best ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2013Argia's is the best Italian restaurant in Falls Church. I never get a bad meal there.Special Features:
- We had been to Argia's beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/16/2013We had been to Argia's before and really enjoyed everything we got. This time it was just average.
- They were 2 people short staffed.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/9/2013They were 2 people short staffed. They told us that up front. They apologized at the end. It was a full house and our waiter was clearly out of his depth..... think his training was at the bar..... poor fellow.... he was trying hard. We keep leaving Argia's with the same feeling...... good family place, nice local joint, food is generally good but geez in that context it's expensive....... and when the service is nothing short of comical...... it's a little hard to swallow.Special Features:
- Our waiter had an attitudenewyawkerDined on 3/9/2013Our waiter had an attitude and and was barely there all evening. Therefore it took us 2 1/2 hours for a dinner of 8. Luckily we had Ipads and Iphones to occupy my 6 and 2 year old.Special Features:
- Our waiter Michael was fabulousKelaDined on 3/8/2013Our waiter Michael was fabulous -- personable, helpful and friendly. Without him, this would not have been the great experience it was. He went out of his way to accommodate some picky eaters, with outstanding results. We had a great time and a great meal.Special Features: